• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The PokeWalker Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm only a little. I doubt I'd be using it alot but I want to try it out.I wanna see the features and I also want the special Pokemon you can get.

Years
  • What's the Pokewalker???????

Pokewalker is a small tool especially for HeartGold and SoulSilver. It is to train your Pokemon,Get items,catch Pokemon without your DS. You'll be able to communicate with friends with the Pokewalker as well.More information can be read here. E:

Last edited:

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • What's the Pokewalker???????

That's surprising. Wow =P Well it's like a Tamagotchi but with Pokemon, you can walk steps and it counts towards the things step count would accomplish ingame, such as friendship evolving, hatching an egg, breeding, stuff like that. You can also catch Pokemon on it, battle wild Pokemon and stuff, so it's a very advanced Tamagotchi, almost a mini Pokemon game on a tiny device.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I had not known of this and thank you Logiedan for that Serebii link.
    Looks good, but the thing is, if your pokemon gains level while your on this thing, won't grinding become a lot easier?
    I mean, If you want an extra 5 levels before a gym match or something, just send you pokemon to poke walker, walk around and without even having to battle, you can return to your game later in the day to find your pokemon has gained levels...
    It'd make it far too easy...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Can't say I'm that excited about it. I probably won't end up using it unless I absolutely have to lol.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    pokewalker..... i'm probs gonna strap it to my cat and play the real game XD can u imagine? but anyway- i'm pretty excited about the pokewalker- it'll give me something to do on the hour long bus ride if my game battery runs out

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Unless it affects the carried pokemon's happiness, I probably won't make use of it too much.

If it does affect happiness, I can get Crobat and Umbreon at low levels. ^_^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    sounds kinda cool. that'll be easy fro me to play with my favorite pokemon while I'm at work
    Exact same reason why I'm looking forward to it more than the real game. With my work schedule, I won't have time to actually play the games, but with the PokeWalker, I can still raise my Pokemon, and play some of the game. So I am looking forward to it a lot.

shauwk

Years
  • pokewalker..... i'm probs gonna strap it to my cat and play the real game XD can u imagine? but anyway- i'm pretty excited about the pokewalker- it'll give me something to do on the hour long bus ride if my game battery runs out

lmao! that was hilarious...
    lol ill put it on my dog! well im not sure thatd work since mine are always sleeping and not moving :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    My cat has a hyper mood. Plus I can urge him to move with such a thing as a laser pen. :) and one of my friends said that was cruel to do by having my cat do all the work. :)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I'm actually quite excited about it. I used to have a Pokémon Pikachu Color (aka Pikachu 2 GS) and I did quite enjoy playing with that. xD You used to be able to send Mystery Gifts to the GSC games using the infra-red port, so it seems a natural evolution of that.

Wikipedia said:
    A new version, called the PokéWalker, will be made for the Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. The new pedometer is not limited to just Pikachu, and retains the ability to interact with the main games of the series.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Im not sure I will be walking around my suburb with a poke ball on my hip, it would look strange to say the least.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The poke...what?

I have a question for everybody who preorderd HG and SS!
    Have any of you even used your pokewalker yet!? XD
    Alot of people are just so damb into the game... and havent even noticed how helpful this device can be!
    I've look around forums, youtube and websites and i think everyones forgotten about the pokewalker...!

So this forum is for what you do with the pokewalker i guess!

Here are things to talk about:
    Are you using/going to use your pokewalker?
    Do you have one?
    What pokemon have you got in it?
    What do you like about it?
    Do you think theres no point in its creation?

And anything else

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back