• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Going to merge this into the problems thread.

Obviously though, if you're having health problems like this, a Pokemon forum really isn't the best place to ask for advice. You need to get yourself checked out by a doctor, and not wait until next month either since it seems pretty serious.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Friends Help.

HEY.
    Right, so, for like, the past year I've been feeling like I've been drifting from a certain group of my friends. I confronted them and told them about it like a year ago, and told them that I was annoyed at not being invited anywhere, and they got annoyed, but said that they'd make more of an effort.
    One year later, school has ended for good. I haven't seen them in like a month (and that was because of school a month ago). What should I do? It really upsets me D: and also, one of them who is supposedly one of my 'best friends' (not so much lately) I really like (i've told her about it) but i just wanna be close to them & her again, but I don't want it to be me making the effort all the time. :/
    Advice?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, I would say that's too bad. If the friendships aren't working out, then just drop it. The advantage of being even half of a social outcast is that you increase your chances of finishing college.

Years
    I'm not too sure if this fits in this thread, it's more an amalgamation of problems that brought me here in the first place.

Well here goes.

I guess it all started a little under a year ago, life seemed good, was just done with school, was with a guy who I was in "love" with, family life was good, I guess I didn't appreciate it all as much as I should have, but life...for the most part...was pretty good.

Not too long after school was over for me, I found out my boyfriend of 2 years (Which is a hell of a long time when you're 17 as I was then) was cheating on me and had been for around half of the time we were together, one of the girls he'd cheated on me with was probably my closest friend. I have been single since, not because I don't trust guys or whatever, just because I've not wanted to get so involved with anyone for a while, get into such a position where I could get hurt so badly.

Anyways, it was pretty hard on me, I still got on with life but things weren't so fun any more...I know it takes time to get over things like that..and just as I was getting over it properly, my father passed away suddenly, I was spending some time with my grandmother who lives a bit away and I only get to see a couple of times a year usually, I got a phone call from my mother saying how my dad is being taken to hospital because he was short of breath, I worried of course but my mum told me not to worry and he should be ok, it didn't seem such a big deal until we got a phone call in the middle of the night to say he had died from a heart infection.

That was only a few months ago.

Normally when I'm having a hard time, I need something to get attached to so I think more of that instead of what's going on around me, that's when I found a copy of SoulSilver that I was given a while ago and hadn't even opened. (I had played some older Pokemon games, but never seriously.) started playing and got hooked on that, been playing it almost every day since.

I've never traded, battled or even really talked to anyone about pokemon, mainly just came to this forum to meet people, talk...and not that I have anything worthwhile yet... trade and get my butt kicked in the odd battle.

I guess with me being hooked on something now, I just wanna be part of a community that sorta understands that, meet people who think similar to me and will sorta understand.

Anyway, I'm done, just kinda wanted to get that out for some reason *shrug*

See you all around in the forum someplace.

xx

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    I'm not too sure if this fits in this thread, it's more an amalgamation of problems that brought me here in the first place.

Well here goes.

I guess it all started a little under a year ago, life seemed good, was just done with school, was with a guy who I was in "love" with, family life was good, I guess I didn't appreciate it all as much as I should have, but life...for the most part...was pretty good.

Not too long after school was over for me, I found out my boyfriend of 2 years (Which is a hell of a long time when you're 17 as I was then) was cheating on me and had been for around half of the time we were together, one of the girls he'd cheated on me with was probably my closest friend. I have been single since, not because I don't trust guys or whatever, just because I've not wanted to get so involved with anyone for a while, get into such a position where I could get hurt so badly.

Anyways, it was pretty hard on me, I still got on with life but things weren't so fun any more...I know it takes time to get over things like that..and just as I was getting over it properly, my father passed away suddenly, I was spending some time with my grandmother who lives a bit away and I only get to see a couple of times a year usually, I got a phone call from my mother saying how my dad is being taken to hospital because he was short of breath, I worried of course but my mum told me not to worry and he should be ok, it didn't seem such a big deal until we got a phone call in the middle of the night to say he had died from a heart infection.

Normally when I'm having a hard time, I need something to get attached to so I think more of that instead of what's going on around me, that's when I found a copy of SoulSilver that I was given a while ago and hadn't even opened. (I had played some older Pokemon games, but never seriously.) started playing and got hooked on that, been playing it almost every day since.

I've never traded, battled or even really talked to anyone about pokemon, mainly just came to this forum to meet people, talk...and not that I have anything worthwhile yet... trade and get my butt kicked in the odd battle.

I guess with me being hooked on something now, I just wanna be part of a community that sorta understands that, meet people who think similar to me and will sorta understand.

xx

Hey there. I am very sorry that things have not been going your way for a while. I know that I hate it when things are not going my way. If you ever need anyone to talk to, trade with, battle, etc. I will be here for you. =)

Years
    @UltimaSilva

Thanks for the offer, I'm fine though, as much as it sucks, I'm handling it.

Still, I may take you up on the offer for you to kick my butt or something, I've never battled before, still working up my SS pokemon for a run on the Elite 4, will be a little while till I have a team that isn't gonna be a total walkover :P

Anyway, see you around.

Years
    Problem With My Clothes

I wear alot of bright red and orange colors. My mom can't stand those colors because she thinks they are "angry colors".

What do the people of PC think? Are red and orange angry colors?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    No they are not but I do not like to wear those colors really apart from red sometimes.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
    I son't see anything wrong with that. I never though of them as angry. I thought they where warm or something

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Certainly not...
    Red represents love and passion, orange is energetic...

It's really how you look at it :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Switch your look to emo-goth for a week, wearing all black with spikes and heavy makeup until she begs you to go back to the red and orange!

But seriously, moving this into the problems thread.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I wear alot of bright red and orange colors. My mom can't stand those colors because she thinks they are "angry colors".

What do the people of PC think? Are red and orange angry colors?

Yeah...I don't know which silly person convinced your mom of that idea...but I think it's as untrue as they come.

Wear whatever you like, irregardless of what your mom thinks. (And if all else fails, Lightning's idea would work too, especially if you totally go all out with the emo/goth look and do the makeup, paint your nails black and everything. :P)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    So, I told my best friend that I liked her, but she said that she doesnt feel the same way blahblahblah.
    I went round her house the other day with another friend of ours, rosie. It was a good day until we went on msn. She was tarting herself up to go on a guy on webcam :/ It really really annoyed and upset me, so I went home. She knows her I feel about her, but there she was, right infront of me, tarting herself up for him.
    Then I got drunk and texted her, telling how I was annoyed at her. We had a long conversation (by text) about the whole situation, and now it's sorted...ish. One of her close friends said to her how it's bad that she flirts with me when she has no intention of going out with me (she sits on my lap and links arms with me and stuff) but apparantly it's because 'she feels so comfortable around me, cos we've been friends for so long.' So now I feel bad, and I feel like I've damaged our friendship, and I don't want her to stop being comfortable around me. I wish I just didn't say anything... ;/
    Help?

Years
    You can't go back in time. Try to act like it never happened.

If she starts talking about it:

1. See where the conversation is going.
    and/or
    2.Act like she dreamed the conversations.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
    HEY.
    Right, so, for like, the past year I've been feeling like I've been drifting from a certain group of my friends. I confronted them and told them about it like a year ago, and told them that I was annoyed at not being invited anywhere, and they got annoyed, but said that they'd make more of an effort.
    One year later, school has ended for good. I haven't seen them in like a month (and that was because of school a month ago). What should I do? It really upsets me D: and also, one of them who is supposedly one of my 'best friends' (not so much lately) I really like (i've told her about it) but i just wanna be close to them & her again, but I don't want it to be me making the effort all the time. :/
    Advice?

So, I told my best friend that I liked her, but she said that she doesnt feel the same way blahblahblah.
    I went round her house the other day with another friend of ours, rosie. It was a good day until we went on msn. She was tarting herself up to go on a guy on webcam :/ It really really annoyed and upset me, so I went home. She knows her I feel about her, but there she was, right infront of me, tarting herself up for him.
    Then I got drunk and texted her, telling how I was annoyed at her. We had a long conversation (by text) about the whole situation, and now it's sorted...ish. One of her close friends said to her how it's bad that she flirts with me when she has no intention of going out with me (she sits on my lap and links arms with me and stuff) but apparantly it's because 'she feels so comfortable around me, cos we've been friends for so long.' So now I feel bad, and I feel like I've damaged our friendship, and I don't want her to stop being comfortable around me. I wish I just didn't say anything... ;/
    Help?

When I was drifting away from my group of friends, I joined another group after about a year. I never really got close to them, but I had 2other friends that I really liked. In your case, I'd just suggest finding someone, not necessarily a group, that you're comfortable around. But if you're really attached to your current group of friends, then try inviting them over for stuff rather than seeing if they invite you.
    And about the girl, try to act as if none of that stuff ever happened, and try to get over your crush.

I'm bad at advice, and I'm a couple days late, but hey, I tried o;

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    With the friends situtation, I seem to be being invited places more (not by that group in partiular), so I am starting to hang out with some other friends, who, I've realised, are alot nicer. I also feel just as comfortable around them. I'm still going to invite myself places with that group every so often, so I get out more and enjoy my life, but I'm not going to get down about it. I've realised, life's too short! :D

And with the whole crush situtation, I'm not over her, but I'm not as upset about the whole thing as I was. I'm dealing with it better. And, like I said previously, life's too short!! :D

Thanks for all your help :)

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
    I'm so alone at school... I got no one to hang out with at lunch, which is making me "wanderer/loner" who paces around the campus. All the popular students make me sick to the stomach, knowing they have someone to talk to, ALL the time. Me... I got no one. Which is why I spend most of my time on my computer, chatting to people online. Only got a handful of friends in the neighborhood...

Another issue, which is more personal, is...
    I'm a reject. Whenever I try to find someone who would like me, I end up being rejected. First time, I clammed up until later. The second time, was a "direct hit," but we're still friends, at least. :/

If you ask me, I think I don't have a social life, unless it's online, where I can communicate to the world.
    EDIT: This explains my "Lonely" nature.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm so alone at school... I got no one to hang out with at lunch, which is making me "wanderer/loner" who paces around the campus. All the popular students make me sick to the stomach, knowing they have someone to talk to, ALL the time. Me... I got no one. Which is why I spend most of my time on my computer, chatting to people online. Only got a handful of friends in the neighborhood...

Another issue, which is more personal, is...
    I'm a reject. Whenever I try to find someone who would like me, I end up being rejected. First time, I clammed up until later. The second time, was a "direct hit," but we're still friends, at least. :/

If you ask me, I think I don't have a social life, unless it's online, where I can communicate to the world.
    EDIT: This explains my "Lonely" nature.

Don't worry, I'm sort of like you. Although I do tend to talk to a few friends, though not often. Except in my case, I don't seem to give much of a damn. As long as my grades are good then I'm happy in school. I think it's better to be a loner. Nonanonymous society is corrupted.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Well here goes.

xx

Sucks that your boyfriend cheated, but look at it this way, you seem like a nice enough person, you're clearly friendly and you'd probably make most boys pretty happy if you were with them, if he couldn't appreciate that then it's his loss, not yours. Don't let one jerk make you feel like you're still vunerable.

Sorry to hear about your dad =/ There's no really anything anyone can say in that regard, but it'll get easier to handle in time.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Hello,I want to share something to see if anyone may be able to help me out.What i am about to share is 100% true and i hope someone will help me out.

Ok,so i am age 15 son to turn 16.I am suppose to be in 11th grade but failed 10th grade and will be repeating it.Recently i have felt always so pissed at the world.I am no nerd but all i want to do is stay in my room.I do the same thing everyday.

I wake up,I don't eat.I then get on the computer check forums and play pokemon all day.Take a shower some point in the day.I eat one meal a day sometimes not even that.I live with my grandmother and i hate to talk to people for some reason.I feel like i also never have the energy to move,talk or do anything other then sit around and be lazy.

i used to want to go hang with friends everyday and stay outside all day come home and play computer games for a hour or so and then just chill.I now spend like 15 hours a day on my nintendo ds & computer then the rest of the time i watch tv and sleep.I also can get pissed of real easy and bust things.

Any idea what is wrong i don't get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back