• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    Hello,I want to share something to see if anyone may be able to help me out.What i am about to share is 100% true and i hope someone will help me out.

Ok,so i am age 15 son to turn 16.I am suppose to be in 11th grade but failed 10th grade and will be repeating it.Recently i have felt always so pissed at the world.I am no nerd but all i want to do is stay in my room.I do the same thing everyday.

I wake up,I don't eat.I then get on the computer check forums and play pokemon all day.Take a shower some point in the day.I eat one meal a day sometimes not even that.I live with my grandmother and i hate to talk to people for some reason.I feel like i also never have the energy to move,talk or do anything other then sit around and be lazy.

i used to want to go hang with friends everyday and stay outside all day come home and play computer games for a hour or so and then just chill.I now spend like 15 hours a day on my nintendo ds & computer then the rest of the time i watch tv and sleep.I also can get pissed of real easy and bust things.

Any idea what is wrong i don't get it.

Sounds to me that you're pretty depressed that you failed 10th grade. It's okay to be depressed and angry, but you need to get back out there in the real world. Hang out with old friends, make new friends, have fun. Try and find other people in your area that like pokemon and have fun with them! Get a girlfriend, she should make you feel better! Go to movies and have FUN. You'll feel a lot better once you put yourself back out there.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Sounds to me that you're pretty depressed that you failed 10th grade. It's okay to be depressed and angry, but you need to get back out there in the real world. Hang out with old friends, make new friends, have fun. Try and find other people in your area that like pokemon and have fun with them! Get a girlfriend, she should make you feel better! Go to movies and have FUN. You'll feel a lot better once you put yourself back out there.

Ok,ill try thxs.I was waiting till school started back up but that's just giving me a reason to stay inside.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hello, friends. I have a problem!

You see a few years ago I had to wear braces and I still am supposed to wear a retainer at nights to stop my teeth from going back. That would be okay except I am still growing and I am worried if I wear my retainer it will stop my teeth from growing properly, but if I do not wear it then my teeth could go back to being all out of place!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

You see a few years ago I had to wear braces and I still am supposed to wear a retainer at nights to stop my teeth from going back. That would be okay except I am still growing and I am worried if I wear my retainer it will stop my teeth from growing properly, but if I do not wear it then my teeth could go back to being all out of place!

Hello. An orthodontist with a degree in dentistry would not give you a retainer if that was a real concern. They go to college/university for a reason and are not so short sighted. Your teeth don't grow so long as they're fully down anyway, they're not like bones. If you had a real concern about it I'm sure you would consult a professional and not those on a pokemon forum seeing as in we're not the ones with the qualifications.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

Your adult teeth don't grow once they come in, so I don't think you have to worry. I'm not a dentist though, so I could be horribly mistaken. D:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Few questions

okay so I go to a day center on monday and tuesday and there is a man who keeps touching me..( he can't help it) and I am worried about my blood pressure beacuse everytime he touches me, I shout at him to get off.

questions

1. should I keep going the center and risk my life ?

2. is it right to get someone back to the day center when they are worried about they're health.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I would TELL someone about it, a responsible adult for example. They can deal with the problem for you and its much safer imo.. I wouldn't want some guy touching me in the first place anyways o_O

Kikaito plush

Years
    The staff will say he can't help touching everyone..which leads me to GET RID HIM and get him to a place which can deal with him touching everyone.

First he licks his hand then he touches you.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ummm... No, just don't go to that daycare anymore if you can manage it o_0' just.... weird. I wonder what penguin would say in this situation...

Kikaito plush

Years
    I probaby can't get out of the day center, as if I leave my soical worker will come to see me and get me back to the day center.

Meaning I will have to keep telling him to get off each time.

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    The staff will say he can't help touching everyone..which leads me to GET RID HIM and get him to a place which can deal with him touching everyone.

First he licks his hand then he touches you.

that is very...wow...licks his hand you say? bizarre to say the least. touch him back with your foot, hard, in a rather uncomfortable place. make sure to lick your foot first too.

what a milk tart he is

Kikaito plush

Years
    I probaby get in trouble, kicking him..when the staff give me a row I'll tell them straight that I am sick of him touching me..if they don't listen I'll quit.

thank you

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
    I probaby get in trouble, kicking him..when the staff give me a row I'll tell them straight that I am sick of him touching me..if they don't listen I'll quit.

thank you

lol this story is just so bizarre...i hope you don't mind me asking what you mean when you say he touches you? if it's a sexual thing i don't know how you haven't done anything about it yet

Kikaito plush

Years
    I think he's severly austisic, and comes up to you and licks his hand then touches your hair, face..ect..

If he touches me one more time I am going to the police.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
    I'm a bit down.

My hack isn't on the boards yet,i still can't get over the death of my mom even though it's been a year,same w/grandpa,I'm nervous about moving into a new house,I'm worried about my grandma,My dad (stepdad) is exhausting himself by working on the house and it's 97ºf out.....and i'm just...blah,ya know?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Help! College! Life-planning! *cut*

I am mainly looking for advice from people who have been in my situation before. But it'd still be nice to hear from anyone. :3

So here is my situation. I graduate from high school this year, I have never had a job. I have no college fund.

Here is my plan:

I plan to work for a year before actually going to college, then starting college in the fall of 2012. Which means I would be working from July 2011 through August/September 2012. Since I have no college fund, I would have to rely on scholarships and loans to go through college.

However, I am not the best student. The only way I can get scholarships is by me being gay. So that's not really a perfect payment option. I also don't want to be in debt for very long (or at all) after college.

So, I plan to get a job at the beginning of 2011. I will work there throughout school. I will then either see if I can get a full-tine position or if I have to find a full time job or another part-time job.

I did the math, kind of. If I make minimum wage ($7.25) and work full time, I will earn roughly $15,000 a year before taxes.

Would that be enough for 2 years of community college then onto 2 years of state college? The reason I am doing 2 years of community college and 2 years of state college is because it would save me money and the credits are transferable.

Do you have any suggestions?

Also, no, my parents will not help me with college.

However, I can live at home if I pay $200.00 a month. I won't have to pay for utilities or food. And I don't need a car so I don't need to pay for insurance or car payments. The university and multiple plazas are within walking distance.

Years

I am mainly looking for advice from people who have been in my situation before. But it'd still be nice to hear from anyone. :3

So here is my situation. I graduate from high school this year, I have never had a job. I have no college fund.

Here is my plan:

I plan to work for a year before actually going to college, then starting college in the fall of 2012. Which means I would be working from July 2011 through August/September 2012. Since I have no college fund, I would have to rely on scholarships and loans to go through college.

However, I am not the best student. The only way I can get scholarships is by me being gay. So that's not really a perfect payment option. I also don't want to be in debt for very long (or at all) after college.

So, I plan to get a job at the beginning of 2011. I will work there throughout school. I will then either see if I can get a full-tine position or if I have to find a full time job or another part-time job.

I did the math, kind of. If I make minimum wage ($7.25) and work full time, I will earn roughly $15,000 a year before taxes.

Would that be enough for 2 years of community college then onto 2 years of state college? The reason I am doing 2 years of community college and 2 years of state college is because it would save me money and the credits are transferable.

However, I can live at home if I pay $200.00 a month. I won't have to pay for utilities or food. And I don't need a car so I don't need to pay for insurance or car payments. The university and multiple plazas are within walking distance.

Ouch. And here I am, wanting to move out next year. <:

I'm in a similar position to you and in Australia (I think the whole of Australia), there's this program called "HECS" which is a loan with no interest as long as you earn less than 40 000/year.

I would suggest not wasting a year with work and no studies as you could just do part-time work at a fairly good rate (~$10/h) which will be like, $200/week if you work 20 hours. Is there a centrelink equivalent in wherever you live? Or something that provides benefit if you live away from home because you could live with roomates which is another option.

Without an external source of income / free moniezz, you will have to work full-time. Which means part-time study (if there is available), no study, or full time study as well (which is legal in Australia at the very least. XD)

At a time like this, It all really depends on how much support you can get from other people. If you feel up-to it, you could also get a variety of part-time jobs (which incidentally pay more than full-time jobs / hour) for the summer holidays. Go nuts, waste yourself working, if there are no laws preventing you from doing so.

Also, this is probably not the best thing to advise you with, but if you /really/ are strapped for cash, I don't see the problem in "being gay." Unless you are asked to be in a legal relationship or if you have to kiss a guy in front of a jury or or if you have to return the money if they find out you're not gay or you end up not being gay, you could ******** your way into getting assistance. If your 'sexuality' is all it takes to get assistance, I don't see it as a large hurdle. It's unethical but we gotta live, right? <:

Ooh. An Afterthought :D. Another thing you could possibly do, is be a tutor. They get paid a relatively large amount of money and if you are good enough in motivating students and teaching them, it's a relatively easy method of creating cash flow.

Just think outside the circle about it. Who said it's a box. <:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Need help with my dumb love life. -.-

So anyways, for a good 2 years now, me and this girl have been through a lot and love each other. But we're still in "the friend zone". She pretty much controls all my feelings. Which is hard when she stops texting me because she says she stops texting me cause she gets bored.
    I'm not sure if I'm offended because I'm to sensitive or something, but it's like, okay, you love me but I bore you?

Am I just taking this to hard or should I tell her how I feel?

Years
    Need help with my dumb love life. -.-

So anyways, for a good 2 years now, me and this girl have been through a lot and love each other. But we're still in "the friend zone". She pretty much controls all my feelings. Which is hard when she stops texting me because she says she stops texting me cause she gets bored.
    I'm not sure if I'm offended because I'm to sensitive or something, but it's like, okay, you love me but I bore you?

Am I just taking this to hard or should I tell her how I feel?

All depends on her character.

Is she a lighthearted person or someone with a very serious personality? And in all seriousness, it could be any number of things. She could be testing you for all you know.

If you know that she loves you, then a talk about how you feel and how you get confused when she says that you bore her won't come off as strange or anything. But if she doesn't love you or even have feelings for you, you may come across as being obsessive.

The gamble is yours.

Also, if you guys talk all-the-time, then there's a reason why she'd get bored. Spending all your time together never works. It's why most couples who work together have such a dead/dying/below-normal love-life.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years

Here is my plan:

Your parents are making you pay to live with them? o.O

Well, I would take up the offer anyway. And I think it should be enough for a few classes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back