• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Myspace is a social networking site where you provide information about yourself to friends, and if you don't have proper settings, perfect strangers. That site allows you to meet new people, or just talk to friends. Also, you can blog, and things of that nature.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Anyone know how to stop yourself from being scared of silly things?

I'm actually scared of the heat the UK is going to supposedly rise to.
    Y'see, I don't go well with heat, headaches and all that. But, I feel boiling in rather cold heats, when all my friends are wrapped up warm I'm in my 3/4 lengths and a short sleeved shirt. I'm worried about how hot it's going to get, and how that will affect my health. I feel dizzy and nauseous at night, when it's relatively cold. I don't want to pass out at school because of it and I don't want to get heat stroke. My school uniform is black as well, so it makes it even warmer.

Anyone got any tips on either staying cool or to help me stop being so scared?

I really hate being scared of things. I really, really hate it. It's like nails on a chalk board for me.

Move to Australia, it's like 30-40C every day during a hot summer.

I dunno how to stop you being scared, really. Just...live through a day then slap yourself. :| I did that once, but...I'm not sure if it helped. >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    Hi everyone^^
    I have this huge problem...
    I cant eat!!! Everytime i eat something i try to spit it out but my mom forces it in....
    I try skipping all the meals of the day to lose weight and look better(i always wanted to look good in front of this girl). Eventually i start to do thing so strangely for ex (forgetting to eat SOMETHING) What should i do..
    1.5 weeks ago i was 75kg or 150 pounds but now i weigh 63kg or 126 pounds...
    What should i do??..(remember i cant eat my brain tells me to either throw it up or spit it out ...)

Mate, you need to remember, if you wan't to look good infront of someone, you can diet but the question is how, you're putting your health in great danger to look good infront of some girl, if you wan't the most thing to remember is to

Eat plently, this may sound stupid but you must eat for your age you should be eating around 900 calories a day, eat stuff like meats, vegtables, and losts of vitiamins, at your age it is very important for you to have these things, if you keep this up you can be low on iron or calcium, this happend to my sister, she had to take tablets for a couple of months because even when she ate iron, her digestive system wouldn't digest it, if you keep this up this could also happen to you.

So my advice, yeah if you want to go on a diet, go for it. Remember though eat meat, (not to much) always have a fruit or a vegtable every couple of hours, the main key here is to drink plenty of water and go to the gym maybe once or twice a week or put your self in a local sports club.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Hi everyone^^
    I cant eat!!! Everytime i eat something i try to spit it out but my mom forces it in....
    I try skipping all the meals of the day to lose weight and look better(i always wanted to look good in front of this girl). Eventually i start to do thing so strangely for ex (forgetting to eat SOMETHING) What should i do..
    What should i do??..(remember i cant eat my brain tells me to either throw it up or spit it out ...)

Ignore yourself, listen to your sub conscious instead.
    And if you want to lose weight, play soccer :D

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hi everyone^^
    Bulimia is an eating disorder. You may have it, so I suggest you tell your mom. She'll then take you to the doctor's.
    Ignore yourself, listen to your sub conscious instead.
    And if you want to lose weight, play soccer :D
    He still needs to eat. The most important part in our lives (for our bodies) is when we are all teenagers - this is where we have to eat a lot to keep up with our body's growth that just keeps getting bigger and bigger each day.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • This, uh... sounds strange, but I have a problem, that I don't think anyone can do anything about. But it's nice to tell people. Especially people who don't know me.

I found out the other day that the majority of the people I thought liked me, don't. Because apparently I'm arrogant and ignorant. Well, I guess I can be. But that's me, and I thought they knew that. They keep telling me that I used to be nicer, and I keep saying that people change. They think I'm faking the way I am.
    I don't particularly like the way I am, so why would I fake it? In fact, I hate myself for how unsympathetic I am, and they think I'm trying to be like this, because it... I don't know, maybe it looks cool? But, I just want to prove to them that this is me, and they need to get over that. They keep bothering me about it.

Uh... help? If it's possible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This, uh... sounds strange, but I have a problem, that I don't think anyone can do anything about. But it's nice to tell people. Especially people who don't know me.

I found out the other day that the majority of the people I thought liked me, don't. Because apparently I'm arrogant and ignorant. Well, I guess I can be. But that's me, and I thought they knew that. They keep telling me that I used to be nicer, and I keep saying that people change. They think I'm faking the way I am.
    I don't particularly like the way I am, so why would I fake it? In fact, I hate myself for how unsympathetic I am, and they think I'm trying to be like this, because it... I don't know, maybe it looks cool? But, I just want to prove to them that this is me, and they need to get over that. They keep bothering me about it.

I think you shouldn't be ashamed of your personality, however, you should do something creative with those two personality traits. Focus towards something, make something good out of it. Also about your so called 'friends'..if I were you I would be very angry at them, and yell at them for the following reasons:

1. People change over time.
    2. They are making you feel bad.
    3. People don't change personalities because other's want them to.
    4. You cant fake a personality 24/7, eventually your true colors will show.

I had a friend who thought I was annoying and immature 'confront' me. They had some random person, who I don't know while they don't know me, IM me on MSN (complete stranger was given my MSN by my 'friend') and insult, threaten, and tell me about how I am so annoying. I just told them what they wanted to hear to get them to go away. Then, I told my friend who actually was the one who set up the whole thing that what she just did was immature, rude, disgraceful, horrid, backstabbing, and just plain stupid. People don't change because you want them to, and you are going to have to deal with annoying people forever so might as well do it yourself. We are no longer friends.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • This, uh... sounds strange, but I have a problem, that I don't think anyone can do anything about. But it's nice to tell people. Especially people who don't know me.

Honestly, I'd recommend trying to be less arrogant and ignorant. Saying those qualities are just a part of your personality and that people are going to have to get over it isn't going to do jack for you. Sorry for being blunt, but that's selfish. I doubt there's a single person who hasn't had moments where they'd like to just blow everyone else off and do or say whatever they wanted, simply because they felt like it. However, that's a fantastic way to get rid of your friends and deny yourself other things like a job and a social life. You can keep your current disposition if it means that much to you, but I wouldn't expect those other things as well. They're generally incompatible.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Honestly, I'd recommend trying to be less arrogant and ignorant. Saying those qualities are just a part of your personality and that people are going to have to get over it isn't going to do jack for you. Sorry for being blunt, but that's selfish. I doubt there's a single person who hasn't had moments where they'd like to just blow everyone else off and do or say whatever they wanted, simply because they felt like it. However, that's a fantastic way to get rid of your friends and deny yourself other things like a job and a social life. You can keep your current disposition if it means that much to you, but I wouldn't expect those other things as well. They're generally incompatible.

Y'know. This is a nice reply to me. Finally, someone who doesn't try to say it nicely.

But, I'm not sure if you know how hard it is to change yourself. And, to be honest, I'm not that arrogant and ignorant. What I don't get about everyone is, they tell me how unsympathetic I am, then run to me when they're sad. I think they might want a reason to hate me, I don't know why.
    Well, they're pretending that they didn't argue with me, and making themselves out to be innocent. So I have no idea what to do about them.
    I wouldn't mind changing a little, but, it isn't that easy. I want them to accept me, and that's what they're not doing, because apparently I'm faking the way I am.
    I don't think I should have to change to keep my friends. They made friends with me, I kept myself to myself for a reason, and they started talking to me. And now they want me to change because they don't like me anymore. I don't think that is fair.

And, I'm not asking for sympathy, I hate when people are sympathetic to me, I just want peoples opinions and help.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    This, uh... sounds strange, but I have a problem, that I don't think anyone can do anything about. But it's nice to tell people. Especially people who don't know me.

I have a problem like that.
    The thing I do is just shut up when I think I'm going to say something bad.
    It's hard, but if you keep practising, you'll be doing it soon enough.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Y'know. This is a nice reply to me. Finally, someone who doesn't try to say it nicely.

But, I'm not sure if you know how hard it is to change yourself. And, to be honest, I'm not that arrogant and ignorant. What I don't get about everyone is, they tell me how unsympathetic I am, then run to me when they're sad. I think they might want a reason to hate me, I don't know why.
    Well, they're pretending that they didn't argue with me, and making themselves out to be innocent. So I have no idea what to do about them.
    I wouldn't mind changing a little, but, it isn't that easy. I want them to accept me, and that's what they're not doing, because apparently I'm faking the way I am.
    I don't think I should have to change to keep my friends. They made friends with me, I kept myself to myself for a reason, and they started talking to me. And now they want me to change because they don't like me anymore. I don't think that is fair.

And, I'm not asking for sympathy, I hate when people are sympathetic to me, I just want peoples opinions and help.

Believe me, I know how hard it is to change. God do I know. And to tell you the truth, "change" isn't really a good word for it. You won't magically become a better person over night. It may take months, years, or possibly your entire life. The idea, however, is to do better today than you did yesterday, and to do better tomorrow than you did today.

As for your friends coming to you when they're sad, even though they know you'll be unsympathetic, I don't really have an answer. My family has a saying that goes "to repeat an action and expect different results is insanity." So you can take some comfort in knowing that your friends are somewhat (if not completely) crazy. However, I'd also like you to consider that most people open up more to their friends as they get to know each other better. I'd assume this is what your friends are doing: they're trying to deepen the relationship you share, and when they find that you're unresponsive and possibly even opposed to such things, it hurts them. Ultimately, you're going to have to decide what to do about that. Now: I can't tell you what to do, but I'd personally rather have one friend I can talk about anything with than a thousand friends who don't care.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years

I know this has probably been said, but really; in this world not everyone will get along with every single person they meet, and if they say they do, they're lying. You'll find people who you rub along with and who can accept the arrogant or ignorant side of you, and don't want to change it.

The best way to prove that this is really who you are is to just keep doing it. They can either put up with it, or shut up about it.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Jesus Christ. I'm so needy lately.

Okay, well, today I got beaten up. A group of people grabbed me, threw me to the ground and kicked me in the back repeatedly, all because I told two of the girls to stop moaning about the heat.

I don't know what my school has done about it yet, but they suggested involving the police about it. I'm not that bad, my back is sore and I have a headache, that's it. I don't know how many people were in the group, but my guess is over seven, all against me on my own.

Well, should I involve the police? Or should I just let the school deal with it. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'm still unsure.

Years

Okay, well, today I got beaten up. A group of people grabbed me, threw me to the ground and kicked me in the back repeatedly, all because I told two of the girls to stop moaning about the heat.

I don't know what my school has done about it yet, but they suggested involving the police about it. I'm not that bad, my back is sore and I have a headache, that's it. I don't know how many people were in the group, but my guess is over seven, all against me on my own.

Well, should I involve the police? Or should I just let the school deal with it. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'm still unsure.

Aha, wow... all because you told two girls to stop complaining?

Is this the first time something like this has happened? If not, then yeah, I'd suggest getting the police involved. But if it was just a one time thing, then let the school deal with it. After all, you said you're fine, right? You should consider yourself lucky to be coming out of this with only a sore back and a headache. Not to mention dealing with the police is more of a hassle than it's worth, even if you're the victim.

Years
  • Get the police involved. You just told them that the heat wasn't extreme and they needed to "cool it". Bad pun is bad. Anyways, you didn't even do anything, really. That's no grounds for getting kicked. Barely anything is. Plus, that's a pussy way to fight. I'm guessing your school won't do anything, so you'll have better luck with the force.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

There's always option 3 - invest in a sledgehammer :D

Seriously, I have to agree with Big Japan. If this is a one-off, then just let the school deal with it. If this is happening repeatedly or has happened several times before, then yeah, tell the police.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Yeah. I'm gonna let the school deal with it. It's almost the summer holidays, so it'll all be forgotten soon anyway. If they do it again, I'll call the police about it.

Thanks guys <3

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • / \
    |
    |

Wow, you're still in school, must be different in Brittan.
    Well, my problem is that my friends aren't that nice to me. They make fun of me and mooch off me, but when I need something from them, they hardly give me anything in return. I hate being called fat, especially if the who's calling you fat is a twig. I'm not fat, I just have bad metabolism. Once you get to know me, I am a person. It just seems that no one likes me...

Years
  • / \
    |
    |

Wow, you're still in school, must be different in Brittan.
    Well, my problem is that my friends aren't that nice to me. They make fun of me and mooch off me, but when I need something from them, they hardly give me anything in return. I hate being called fat, especially if the who's calling you fat is a twig. I'm not fat, I just have bad metabolism. Once you get to know me, I am a person. It just seems that no one likes me...

Join something like karate. It gave my brother the confidence he needed to take advantage of the testosterone in his system. He's got some friends who mooch off of him, but the ones who mooch are very much afraid of him (though they have issues paying him back) because he's a big guy for his age and size (5'10", 230 lbs., 16 yo). He does have issues respecting others, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back