• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Hey, i need your help with this..

Hey Ace here,
    I am currently in my final year of high school or something whichever it is called in different countries.
    Now i was given a task to came up with an idea for an invention that serve a purpose. The theme i was given were,

1- Help the elderly
    2- saves/help the earth
    3- Make people life better/easier

I was told to go research on problems, ask around for ideas and problems people are facing so i can come up with an invention for the solution.
    I decide to post this here as Poke-community is a big forum with lots of different people so it is great if i could get good response from here.

The thing is,
    I can make anything, anything at all, except they need to serve a purpose and meet the 3 themes.
    The invention must not already available in the worldwide and are being marketed.

But we could use an invention that are already made and put new features or make it better for it to stand out then its original counterpart.
    I was told to research a few problems and get ideas from others and sort everything out by next Friday.

So it will be great if you guys could chip in and help me out..

regards,
    Ace

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    First of all, congratulations on your recovery. I wish you all the best! =)

What i want to know do u think i should try to go after her and just forget about my other friend since he seems he doesn't care and only hurting her

How much do you value this friend? The way you talk about him, it doesn't seem like you care too much. From a personal perspective, doesn't matter how much you like her, it's her decision after all. If she really felt as though she wanted to go out with you again, she would have indicated this. Right now is not a good idea.

Should i stay out of it and just be there for her as a friend

Yes. Given that your friend is hurting her, is that really what you want to base your reconciliation on? It should be because she really learns how much you've changed over time, matured, etc.. It shouldn't be because she's hurting, and made the wrong decision. That is harmful to the both of you in the long run.

She's going through a rough patch. It's DEFINITELY not the time to pursue her. Be her friend, show that you care, but I strongly advise against anything romantic until things settle down.

or should okeep trying to help her thru things and get them together and try to get my other friend to change.

It's certainly a better idea to help her. However, it's not your place to get them together. They're old enough to make these decisions on their own. If it is something they both want, they will work for it, or at least, slowly get there. You can offer advice, but it is not your duty to play cupid.

I would advise her to leave him, as it is physically, mentally and emotionally dangerous for her to pursue a relationship with him.

As for him, it depends on how much you value him. You can try to get him into rehab and/or therapy, but if he won't go, it's not your place to try to change him. I've experienced this situation- one of my close friends was an addict. If I weren't close to him back then, I probably wouldn't have invested so much in him because it drains you as well. It's a rough road, and it will probably result in a few great disappointments before anything good comes out of it. I don't want to be negative- just realistic.

In summary: Be there for her, don't feel the obligation nor follow through with being cupid, now's a bad time to pursue her and assess the importance of your friendship. As a former addict, you're especially vulnerable, so please tread carefully.

All the best!

I met a girl the other day on a local chatroom, I really like talking to her and shes really cute, now Im not sure what to do because I want us to meet in person but I dont want to rush into things. Now im really confused...

A lot of these suggestions are good. My two cents:

It doesn't sound like you've known her for a while, so chat to her for another couple of weeks or so. DO NOT tell her you really like her; unfortunately, this will have the opposite effect and will likely creep her out. I'm not saying play hard to get, but rushing is never a good thing. Not just for her, but for you as well. I know you just want to go along with your feelings, but don't lose your head!

Don't you want to find out more about her before taking the dive? Don't you want to be sure it's not a fleeting feeling? You could hurt one or both of you if you act too rashly.

Good luck! =)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I met a girl the other day on a local chatroom, I really like talking to her and shes really cute, now Im not sure what to do because I want us to meet in person but I dont want to rush into things. Now im really confused...
    The other day? You're rushing things. XD People online aren't what they seem IRL, so you have to take things slower. Wait a while until you're convinced, say about three months to half a year. It's a long time, but its enough to make sure the girl is genuine and not some creepy old man with free candy. Even then, I'm always paranoid about meeting online friends in real life, because you can never know for certain that that person is the real deal.

With any online relationship, you need to be careful. Having said that, I'd say to do what you feel is right, but try to wait at least a few months before you agree to any sort of meeting in real life.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Um...okay, this is hard. XD

Does it have to be a tangible object or invention or can it be some kind of project? It's hard inventing something that serves a purpose, meets those three requirements and isn't already out there.

As a last resort, you could build a solar-powered motor scooter? It helps the elderly because the elderly need an efficient method of transport that doesn't strain them too much. It helps the planet because it uses renewable energy. It also helps the people because others can use it too. It's also original because I haven't seen one yet.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Um...okay, this is hard. XD

Does it have to be a tangible object or invention or can it be some kind of project? It's hard inventing something that serves a purpose, meets those three requirements and isn't already out there.

As a last resort, you could build a solar-powered motor scooter? It helps the elderly because the elderly need an efficient method of transport that doesn't strain them too much. It helps the planet because it uses renewable energy. It also helps the people because others can use it too. It's also original because I haven't seen one yet.
    It can be anything that can be made of course..
    and it not need to meet all three requirements but at least meet at least one theme.
    For the solar thing, yeah i have noted that down but i need a few more hence why i posted here.

Years
    I dunno, it seems like people are getting more upset at the way I type these days. I mean, they want me to be something that I'm not: a perfectionist who types like a perfectionist. I'm not perfect, I never will be. I perfer to have fun and to explore my fun side. I can take coherently if I wanted to, but I just prefer to be an LOLcat because it is mine and possibly Gothitelle's persona. This is one of many things that sets me apart from everyone else.

I try to tell people that LOLcat speak is just typing words are you would phonetically say them and it doesn't really qualify as "bad grammar" but everyone on different forums just screams out "BAD GRAMMURR!111!". I know grammar. I happen to be an excellent writer according to my grades. I just want to distinguish myself from the other posters.

How can I do such a thing?

Years
    I dunno, it seems like people are getting more upset at the way I type these days. I mean, they want me to be something that I'm not: a perfectionist who types like a perfectionist. I'm not perfect, I never will be. I perfer to have fun and to explore my fun side. I can take coherently if I wanted to, but I just prefer to be an LOLcat because it is mine and possibly Gothitelle's persona. This is one of many things that sets me apart from everyone else.

I try to tell people that LOLcat speak is just typing words are you would phonetically say them and it doesn't really qualify as "bad grammar" but everyone on different forums just screams out "BAD GRAMMURR!111!". I know grammar. I happen to be an excellent writer according to my grades. I just want to distinguish myself from the other posters.

You can start by typing in a way that mimics how you talk offline, which is largely what I do. That tends to set you apart from other posters.

And a lot of people have a hard time taking people who type like LOLcats all the time seriously, and quite a few people can't stand reading text typed in that manner.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

I understand your point here but the truth is that lolcat speak is very awkward for the reader, so people will get frustrated.

As for how to distinguish yourself... well, to be honest, your pink text is a good start. I noticed your post straight away next to the others because of that.

Try messing around with other forms of BBcode. I've seen some people always use
    before their posts, and that makes them stand out because you have to read them differently, but not awkwardly. Unfortunately you won't be able to convince people that lolcat speak online is ok but you don't need it to stand out, just make your posts in a different way. If you're not worried about perfection you could try not using any capital letters too. While this may be slightly irritating to some, it's far less so that posting in lolcat speak and it's still completely readable.

Hope this makes sense and helps somehow!​

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years

I don't think they want you to be perfect- they just don't want you to type like a retard, even if you're just kidding around. Personally, I think it's funny, and I usually only use it in sarcastic mockery. It does sufficiently infuriate, which creates lulz, if you will. Given that you're a much nicer person than I probably am, it's as you say- you just want to have fun. Seriously, people are too SERIOUS ****ING BUSINESS about forums!

Well, most people I know here aren't too familiar with ED, /b and the like. Not even 4chantards speak lolcat all the time. Like Razor said- it's frustrating for most people to read it- especially when they're not familiar with the context of the style. Anyway, they're retarded: it's bad spelling, not grammar, for the most part. It's always embarrassing when one attempts to correct the English of another, only to not use the words correctly themselves. Nothing's funnier than hypocrisy!

Why is this distinguishment so important? At the end of the day, if you're really all that different from everyone else, it'll show. It all depends, of course. If people miss out on what you say unless you post in lolcat, just try using a different colour. If it's just wanting to be different in general, we all are. Perhaps you could just bold or underline what you're stressing when you type to yourself.

Be creative with the various functions, but don't go overboard. lolcat is definitely not the answer, as it just makes you look retarded (again, even if you're not) if used in normal chat.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Should you smoke something if its legal but still considered a drug & you like it ?

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Should you smoke something if its legal but still considered a drug & you like it ?

It's as Captain Fabio said. It doesn't matter what you're smoking- it's awful for your health and I highly recommend against it.

Morgnarok

Years
    I knew I would get that response. I just wanted to know if I should smoke something If it was legal but i kinda anwsered my own question. It is legal, noting the law can do against it, Only hurting my own health. So I will keep smoking it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I knew I would get that response. I just wanted to know if I should smoke something If it was legal but i kinda anwsered my own question. It is legal, noting the law can do against it, Only hurting my own health. So I will keep smoking it.
    Uh, I was under the impression you lived in the states. I was also under the impression that the states required you to be 18 years old in order to buy a pack of cigarettes. If it being legal is your only concern, that's a shame for you considering you're flaunting your own health as if it means nothing, but you should also be aware that it is against the law in America to be smoking cigarettes if you're underage. In some states it's even higher than 18 years old.

Morgnarok

Years
    Uh, I was under the impression you lived in the states. I was also under the impression that the states required you to be 18 years old in order to buy a pack of cigarettes. If it being legal is your only concern, that's a shame for you considering you're flaunting your own health as if it means nothing, but you should also be aware that it is against the law in America to be smoking cigarettes if you're underage. In some states it's even higher than 18 years old.

I am in the states but I am not talking cigs. I am talking fake weed, Synthetic. I am on probation and get drug tested so I can't smoke the real deal and Sythetic weed aka fake weed gives a high but is legal in states atm.

P.s I also do smoke cigs in fact i started smoking back when i was 13 turning 14 and went into the 9th grade, Also there are some little family owned stores around my place where you can go and if you look 17 or older they sell to you without ID, The age is 18 to buy legally thou. Guess I have looked like I was age 17 Or Older for a while now because I was buying Cigs at age 15. Plus when your younger if your in high school all you gotta do is get to know a 12th grader who is 18 or older and they buy them for you. Once most of my friends knew i got servered without ID i got a lot of people in the morning before school started wanting me to buy them cigs.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I am in the states but I am not talking cigs. I am talking fake weed, Synthetic. I am on probation and get drug tested so I can't smoke the real deal and Sythetic weed aka fake weed gives a high but is legal in states atm.

P.s I also do smoke cigs in fact i started smoking back when i was 13 turning 14 and went into the 9th grade, Also there are some little family owned stores around my place where you can go and if you look 17 or older they sell to you without ID, The age is 18 to buy legally thou. Guess I have looked like I was age 17 Or Older for a while now because I was buying Cigs at age 15. Plus when your younger if your in high school all you gotta do is get to know a 12th grader who is 18 or older and they buy them for you. Once most of my friends knew i got servered without ID i got a lot of people in the morning before school started wanting me to buy them cigs.
    I pity you, to say the least. One day you're going to regret what you're doing. Although I don't know the full reasons behind your decisions of doing this (I recall we had conversations in the DCC in the past regarding your choices in life), there are other ways of handling things than getting high and shortening your life.

Morgnarok

Years
    That is true but i have yet to find any, I seem to always be depressed and lonely in real life. Maybe its because i choose to stay home 24/7 and not go any where but i just don't even have the will to roll out of my bed anymore and even after that i sit in this chair all day and night untill im ready to sleep again and i ethier play pokemon or post on forums.

I easyly forget about everything if i get high enought and just have a great time.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That is true but i have yet to find any, I seem to always be depressed and lonely in real life. Maybe its because i choose to stay home 24/7 and not go any where but i just don't even have the will to roll out of my bed anymore and even after that i sit in this chair all day and night untill im ready to sleep again and i ethier play pokemon or post on forums.
    Trust me. Doing that is only going to harm yourself more. Staying inside in your own little world can be nice, but there are things out there just waiting for you to embrace. There are plenty of things you can do with your time than sit around in the house all day, in the same chair, doing the same thing, day after day after day. I was in the same situation as you, so I can speak from experience when I say this. Although music is my remedy, there are things that could be your remedy that includes more proactivity. Have you tried writing, discussing, or exploring your emotions through other ways? Rather than covering them up with a stability that only lasts temporarily and harms your well being to make up for it.

Because at the end of the day, you're going to feel the same way you did as you woke up. And you can't go hiding it with drugs forever.

Morgnarok

Years
    Over time from me staying in so long and not doing noting but sitting on a pc all day, i guess you can say i lost touch with all my friends, Recently got back in touch with a few on facebook and wanted to hang and they wanted to hang but most of them moved on with theres lifes and made new friends. It feels as like im meeting them for the first time all over again... so as far as going out and hanging with friends like i used to thats out of the question because im not gonna break my neck to try to find someone to hang out with when i can jsut as easy talk to people over the internet.

I guess what im trying to say is i really have noting i can do other than stay home now, so i kinda got my wish. I didn't complete my education because i dropped out last year in 11th grade, was susposed to graduated in 2012. So im not gonig to find a decent enought job. I plan on going back to school in august but even at that, thats just doing something to get what i need not to get a life. Ill basically go to school, do my work and come home. Not there to try to make friends, even more so with high school kids ( For some reason i don't like people younger or my age, I like hanging with people more mature i guess you could say and older)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back