• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My partner works.. I do not do the working :laugh:

It's never too late to start. Unless you're a mother (your avatar is somebody holding a baby, so I'm just assuming it may be you) and require to be at home to look after your kid, working's generally the best way of getting money quickly. Even if it's just something like being a waiter or working at a book store or record store or something. It all helps.

Years
  • It's never too late to start. Unless you're a mother (your avatar is somebody holding a baby, so I'm just assuming it may be you) and require to be at home to look after your kid, working's generally the best way of getting money quickly. Even if it's just something like being a waiter or working at a book store or record store or something. It all helps.

Thanks. Yes I am a mother also. I was considering going on an apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy but they only appear every now and again. With that I could earn 95 pound a week. Which is something at least. Thanks for your help :classic:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If you can, try to look for a *legitimate* work at home opportunity (but beware; most are indeed scams) or try to cut back on spending. If you typically buy name brand food at the supermarket, buy the store brands. Best thing to do though is to come up with a monthly budget and stick to it.

I'm facing a similar problem right now; even though I am availabe to find work, I haven't been able to find anybody who will hire me:/

Years
  • If you typically buy name brand food at the supermarket, buy the store brands.

The store brands aren't always cheaper, though. Best thing to do is to bring a calculator with you to the grocery store and do a per unit comparison of different brands of food items you buy a lot, and see which one is the best deal for your money. Don't buy too much of rapidly perishable food items, though, as it'd go to waste if you don't eat it quickly enough and then you wouldn't be saving any money by buying the larger quantities that are cheaper per unit than the smaller quantities that cost a few cents more per unit.

Years
  • something about saving money
    For bringing in money the only real option is work. Now, if you have some craft or artistic skills it's always possible you could try making things to sell, but, well, that's not always a great option either because of how inconsistent it would be.

Your best bet is to cut down on how much money you spend all around and save what you have. Don't buy prepackaged food and cook for yourself as that generally is cheaper, although it will depend on where you shop and what you eat. If you need entertainment, well, you seem to have the internet and that's good as you (probably) pay a flat rate for all the internet you want, but also consider other free things like libraries (which might have music or movies to rent - I dunno, mine does) or just going to walks and getting exercise. Make a list of what you buy every day and see how much you spend and if you need what you buy or if you could get by with something else or even without it at all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Hey guys, I have a kind of a problem

I am a college student. My best friend goes to same college as me. He is good friend and a great person. He is a Junior while I am Freshman (2nd semester). During these days, I had noticed something. Whenever he is talking or spending more time with another person than me, I feel bad and even sometimes a little bit jealous. I sometimes think that he trusts more in other people than me and that makes feel weird and jealous. How can I avoid feeling this way? Is there something wrong with me if I feel this way?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, I have a kind of a problem

I am a college student. My best friend goes to same college as me. He is good friend and a great person. He is a Junior while I am Freshman (2nd semester). During these days, I had noticed something. Whenever he is talking or spending more time with another person than me, I feel bad and even sometimes a little bit jealous. I sometimes think that he trusts more in other people than me and that makes feel weird and jealous. How can I avoid feeling this way? Is there something wrong with me if I feel this way?

Welcome to how I feel about 90% of my friends. They always hang around the upper-classmen.

But really it's not your fault, nor should you feel bad about it, you're probably jealous he's not hanging around you as much. This is something almost everyone experiences in High School, so don't let it bother you, unless there's more you're not telling us.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022

Welcome to how I feel about 90% of my friends. They always hang around the upper-classmen.

But really it's not your fault, nor should you feel bad about it, you're probably jealous he's not hanging around you as much. This is something almost everyone experiences in High School, so don't let it bother you, unless there's more you're not telling us.

Well I am straight and my best friend is straight too so there are no sexual feeling if that is what you mean. I just feel weird and jealous (a little bit) that he sometimes forget about me when he is hanging around other people

Years
  • For bringing in money the only real option is work. Now, if you have some craft or artistic skills it's always possible you could try making things to sell, but, well, that's not always a great option either because of how inconsistent it would be.

Your best bet is to cut down on how much money you spend all around and save what you have. Don't buy prepackaged food and cook for yourself as that generally is cheaper, although it will depend on where you shop and what you eat. If you need entertainment, well, you seem to have the internet and that's good as you (probably) pay a flat rate for all the internet you want, but also consider other free things like libraries (which might have music or movies to rent - I dunno, mine does) or just going to walks and getting exercise. Make a list of what you buy every day and see how much you spend and if you need what you buy or if you could get by with something else or even without it at all.

Me and my sister can cross-stitch :cool: I might look into trying to sell some.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Me and my sister can cross-stitch :cool: I might look into trying to sell some.

How about getting off the damned internet and saving a costly bill? But hey, perhaps you're on a plan and are entitled to pay monthly; well then I guess there's nothing you could do about that, but the point is you're wasting your time on this thing unless you're hosting some sort of online class or making websites or graphics for paying customers. I doubt you really have to use it.

Don't be silly, sure crosstitching is nice.. but for the amount of work you put into it, how much do you ACTUALLY expect to be selling it for when it's not even in demand? Be serious. Or are you just looking for the easy way out? You say you MIGHT look into trying to sell them. Are you serious about this at all? Or are you just pulling our legs and wasting our time trying to "reassure" you?

You have a kid, so you have those duties, but could you do something else? How about physically babysitting? You have your own kid so people would understand that you're responsible for a child, you could also bring your child with you for social interaction with the other child if the other parent allows it. Or have the parent drop their child off at your place. You mentioned your father is contributing to you a little, but is there something that other family can do (like look after your child) while you try to find a job that will actually pay?

I admit I don't know the entire situation because you haven't explained everything, so I can't really offer advice.. but what I've seen from these posts it just looks to me like you're trying to grab some quick cash- and for an amount of cash you should've probably already had in case your poor child gets sick and needs medical attention and/or prescriptions.
    I admit I also don't know your financial situation, but you have a LOT of responsibilities on your hands that I personally don't think you're taking serious (for christ's sake you're asking how you can get rent money from people a pokemon forum filled with 15-year olds!) Try a job site, or money-saving site. Try sites where you can get free coupons for products you use daily! (Maybe you are doing this already, but come on! Get your resources quickly. The more you dawdle, the more opportunities might pass you by! and the more time you end up wasting!) The point is.. quick cash isn't going to last you forever. You'll have to change your living habits in order to accommodate your new home AND you have to look after a child who will only need more and more as they grow older.

If you really want something, work at it, and don't be lazy. I'm not saying you are, necessarily, but I'm just getting my point across in general. Get your stuff together. I'm not saying this to be a "troll" I'm saying this because I'm trying to be realistic. I'm not an optimist, I'm a realist. Sure I can be harsh in this post, but the fact is we're dealing with YOUR family, YOUR child, and YOUR well-being. Why would I want to feel you BS and put that on the line.

Hope this helps.

Years
  • How about getting off the damned internet and saving a costly bill? But hey, perhaps you're on a plan and are entitled to pay monthly; well then I guess there's nothing you could do about that, but the point is you're wasting your time on this thing unless you're hosting some sort of online class or making websites or graphics for paying customers. I doubt you really have to use it.

Don't be silly, sure crosstitching is nice.. but for the amount of work you put into it, how much do you ACTUALLY expect to be selling it for when it's not even in demand? Be serious. Or are you just looking for the easy way out? You say you MIGHT look into trying to sell them. Are you serious about this at all? Or are you just pulling our legs and wasting our time trying to "reassure" you?

You have a kid, so you have those duties, but could you do something else? How about physically babysitting? You have your own kid so people would understand that you're responsible for a child, you could also bring your child with you for social interaction with the other child if the other parent allows it. Or have the parent drop their child off at your place. You mentioned your father is contributing to you a little, but is there something that other family can do (like look after your child) while you try to find a job that will actually pay?

I admit I don't know the entire situation because you haven't explained everything, so I can't really offer advice.. but what I've seen from these posts it just looks to me like you're trying to grab some quick cash- and for an amount of cash you should've probably already had in case your poor child gets sick and needs medical attention and/or prescriptions.
    I admit I also don't know your financial situation, but you have a LOT of responsibilities on your hands that I personally don't think you're taking serious (for christ's sake you're asking how you can get rent money from people a pokemon forum filled with 15-year olds!) Try a job site, or money-saving site. Try sites where you can get free coupons for products you use daily! (Maybe you are doing this already, but come on! Get your resources quickly. The more you dawdle, the more opportunities might pass you by! and the more time you end up wasting!) The point is.. quick cash isn't going to last you forever. You'll have to change your living habits in order to accommodate your new home AND you have to look after a child who will only need more and more as they grow older.

If you really want something, work at it, and don't be lazy. I'm not saying you are, necessarily, but I'm just getting my point across in general. Get your stuff together. I'm not saying this to be a "troll" I'm saying this because I'm trying to be realistic. I'm not an optimist, I'm a realist. Sure I can be harsh in this post, but the fact is we're dealing with YOUR family, YOUR child, and YOUR well-being. Why would I want to feel you BS and put that on the line.

Hope this helps.

No, I didn't find you harsh at all. Yes I am serious about it all, if I wasn't why would I be asking.

I said I 'might' try to because who would want to buy a cross-stitch? Babysitting you tend to need checks with these here in the UK and they cost MORE money. Plus a whole bunch of qualifications to show you're capable of looking after someone elses child.. just 'cos I have my own doesn't go to say I can look after someone elses. It might sound like I'm making excuses up but believe me I'm not.

Thanks for your help though.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • Hello there. I have a problem and I seem to be confused on what would be the best thing to do, so please help me out.

I can't really seem to be getting along with my father very well. The thing is, I hate him, very much. All of this started because of him. My father and mother separated because of another woman. It would seem rather normal for us nowadays to see parents break up, but I never thought this would be really bad. It's almost a year I've made some progress from coping my emotional depression, but somehow it would crumble again. I don't know why. He visits us rarely these days. The reason I hated my father so much is because he changed my mother a lot. Mother seems so depress somehow, even though she smiles, her faint frown still shows. I know she's trying hard too, but sometimes I feel like she has the feeling of giving up too and might move away.

I keep her company, like talking to her, making her laugh, but it isn't enough. I too, am also very broken of what happened, but it can't be helped right, it already happened. Now, every time I see my father drops by in our house we currently live in, he always rubs my head. I don't know, I feel confused. I am angry at him at the same time I don't wanna be angry at him. He is my father, but what he did to us, I can't forgive him.

Do I have the right to feel this way to him? Sometimes I would rather yell at him due to my anger. I would feel bad at the end.
    Any advice I could look up on? Thanks. :)

Years
  • Hello there. I have a problem and I seem to be confused on what would be the best thing to do, so please help me out.

I can't really seem to be getting along with my father very well. The thing is, I hate him, very much. All of this started because of him. My father and mother separated because of another woman. It would seem rather normal for us nowadays to see parents break up, but I never thought this would be really bad. It's almost a year I've made some progress from coping my emotional depression, but somehow it would crumble again. I don't know why. He visits us rarely these days. The reason I hated my father so much is because he changed my mother a lot. Mother seems so depress somehow, even though she smiles, her faint frown still shows. I know she's trying hard too, but sometimes I feel like she has the feeling of giving up too and might move away.

I keep her company, like talking to her, making her laugh, but it isn't enough. I too, am also very broken of what happened, but it can't be helped right, it already happened. Now, every time I see my father drops by in our house we currently live in, he always rubs my head. I don't know, I feel confused. I am angry at him at the same time I don't wanna be angry at him. He is my father, but what he did to us, I can't forgive him.

Do I have the right to feel this way to him? Sometimes I would rather yell at him due to my anger. I would feel bad at the end.

Hi, your not the only one who goes through these things so don't worry. My partner does not get along with his father but for different reasons as yours. You have the right to feel the way you feel, they are your feelings after all. But if you are yelling at him and then feeling bad afterwards maybe you don't hate him as much as you say. It could be more of a grudge towards him?

Years
  • Hey everyone, one of my friends has a problem. While we were setting up our classes his laptop is stolen, and since he's a big MineCraft and video game player and just a plain old computer nerd I just want to know how to help him or comfort him because his laptop meant a lot to him.

All I did was tell him every minute he spent sulking he could be one step closer to finding it, but I don't think it helped.

That is one of the worst things you could say to him. If my computer got stolen, then if someone said that to me, I would tell them to shut up.

The only things that he can do is clame off the house insurance, that I am sure his parents have. If you say that the school really has that bad of security, then there is nothing he can do.​

This lunatic is harassing my mother because she won't go to the movies with him. It's really becoming a problem. He's been acting like a royal pain in the ass for ages now, but he's never downright insulted her. He made her cry. :/

Don't be stupid about it. Yes, it could be said you are there to look after your mother, but don't go hyping off him, because you will be put in danger from him getting angry. If it continues, the best thing to do for both of your safety, would be to call the authorities.

Hey guys, I have a kind of a problem

Not at all.
    A lot of people can get like that, hell, I have been like it before. It is normal for you to feel like that. Maybe you are developing feelings for him?​

Hello there. I have a problem and I seem to be confused on what would be the best thing to do, so please help me out.

It is normal for you to hate your father. I would feel the same if I was in your position.
    I would honestly keep what you are doing. Let your mother know you are there for her and you love her. I am sure she needs to know at least someone is still there with her, someone who loves her still.
    Maybe you could confront your father, but what would it achieve? Would it help your mother if you got angry at him?

Just think how it might impact on her?​

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

It also feels like normal feelings to me. I think you should suggest your mom get a therapist to help her deal with it (maybe you, too, cause therapy always helps to cope with trauma) because you just wish well for her.

I think your dad might not know the full impact that his decision made on your mother, but I think you have to also realized that your dad also had his reasons for doing the things he did, maybe he was also unhappy so that's why he did pursue another love interest. He obviously cares for you because you are his daughter and he does show you affection by doing those things like rubbing your head.. but perhaps you should also talk to him about your feelings. You don't have to say you hate him, but you can say that you're disappointed that this had to happen and that you are a bit heartbroken. You don't have to talk about your mother but you should let him know how you feel if you want the relationship to mend and clear the air so that he can understand you. I think you feel like you hate him cause it seems like he acts like his relationship with your mother breaking off wouldn't affect his relationship with you.

That's just my opinion, confrontation is hard so you don't have to take it but I think it'd help.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • lynds, Captain Fabio, and Kura,

Thanks you for the kind words. I'm just confused really. *Sigh*, I think I realized, reading your comments, what triggered my anger towards my father. Thank you so much. You see, we move to a new place which means I don't have anyone to talk to except express it here. Thanks a bunch for listening. :)

Oh and Kura... I'm a guy. :P

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • lynds, Captain Fabio, and Kura,

Thanks you for the kind words. I'm just confused really. *Sigh*, I think I realized, reading your comments, what triggered my anger towards my father. Thank you so much. You see, we move to a new place which means I don't have anyone to talk to except express it here. Thanks a bunch for listening. :)

Oh and Kura... I'm a guy. :P

Whoops! My bad! It didn't say on your profile so I assumed wrongly!

Good luck and I hope you sort out your problem soon!! :)

Years
  • Any Cyclists out there?

Like the title says, I'm in the market for a bike...any suggestions? I'm thinking of going with a Trek of some sort but that's as far as I've gotten...mostly because the only bicycle store close to me sells only Trek and Specialized.

Anyone know of any pros and cons to watch out for between these two brands or just about bikes in general? I live in the burbs so I definitely need a city bike as I don't think I'm hardcore enough to take my bike anywhere, I just want a fun way to be not flabby. ^^; Also I'd like to be able to ride to the library since I'm only a couple of miles away, so there should be very little off-road biking going on.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • No idea what to do right now. My ex got pregnant. At the time we were together but she left me not long after we found out. At max 2 weeks. and I am really unsure whether it is mine. She has avoided the subject for ages. Don't really know what I am supposed to do about it now. I was excited about it but now all I can think about is whether it is even mine or not, and its really getting me down.

It isn't like there is no reason for me to be like it. She was having her ex round all the time and I was always second place so my doubts aren't just from hearsay and so on. It is from what I myself think.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I dunno what to tell you. Do you WANT to be in the baby's life? Are there any other tests she can take to determine whose baby it is? Has she been having sexual relations without a condom with you/ other people?

The most important question is #1, though. Do you want to care for the baby if it turns out to be yours? Or would you rather just pay support? We can't answer that for you, only you can answer that for yourself..

Either way you need to get her to talk to you about it because it's as much as an issue for you as it is for her right now. Get family involved if you must unless you're able to support the child out of your own pocket. If she wants nothing to do with you, you still have an obligation to want to see your own child. If she wants nothing to do with you and it's also not your child then I guess you don't need to be there at all.

:C I guess it's a sticky situation. I don't know how to handle it because I'm abstinent and this situation just sounds really tough, but I hope that I helped you out somehow!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back