• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • A really good friend of mine keeps receiving threatening phone calls and texts on her phone from a restricted number. Whoever it is keeps saying her that he wants to kill her and rape her, etc. I keep telling her to tell a cop or her parents. She is afraid to go directly to the cops and despite all of the evidence she has, her parents don't believe her at all. They think it is a boyfriend of hers. She is only 13 and scared for her life.
    I keep trying to do all I can, but she won't listen. Can anybody else give good advice? I'm at my wits end.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I've gotten calls like this before. Im going to kill you, dismemember you, and rape your remains. The works.

I just changed my number. And bought mace.

Nothing ever happened.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    My mom has a brain tumor.

I am very sorry to hear this, but I am not sure what we can really do to help you. I think this thread is for problems that we can solve, however, my advice to you is to be with your mum in her time of need, don't be on here.

Go be by her side and show her that you support her and you are there to help her in any way.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • A good friend of mine died of a Brain Tumour not too long ago so I know how you feel. My Dad also has Cancer so you should just keep strong, brave and everything of that sorts to help your Mother get through this. People's moods come from what's around them so if you're brave, strong etc. then your Mother will understand this and will want to overcome her problems with you. Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Your mom has a brain tumor? That isn't something we can fix, exactly. But, what we can do is provide you the support that you need, answer the questions that you have. But in order to that, a little more info about what this means to you, what your mom means, etc.

Be there for your mom. Support her, help her out. Make things easier on her, you know? Make the stress-load on her easy. If she is in the hopsital, visit her. Let her know that you are there. She wants her kids to be happy, so don't let it show that you are breaking to her, because that's only going to make her more upset. Be strong.

Re-post if here if you have more questions, or anything new devlops. I wish you and your mom the best of luck!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • My mom has a brain tumor.

I am sorry, I know how scary it is to have a mother with a life-threatening condition. I wish there was something more that I could do, but at the very least, I hope for the best in regards to you and your family.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • I feel like I'm misreading and mistyping everything lately. That never really used to be a problem for me. It's scaring me a bit.

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    Maybe you need to take a step back from everything. You might be tried and if you are, this can cause you to miss obvious things, typing can also be effected, along with a lot of other symptoms.
    Just take a day of relaxation and you will be back to normal.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    *sob* Bye....

No, don't be alarmed by the title-I'm not going anywhere. Today was our year 6 leavers service and the girl I love was one of them. I can't stop being on the verge of tears when I think I might never see her again.... HELP

Years
  • I've gotten calls like this before. Im going to kill you, dismemember you, and rape your remains. The works.

I just changed my number. And bought mace.

Nothing ever happened.
    Thanks. I told her to just ignore it overall. The odds that someone is gonna do that to her is high unlikely. Don't read the texts from restricted or listen to the voice mails after he calls.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    A really good friend of mine keeps receiving threatening phone calls and texts on her phone from a restricted number. Whoever it is keeps saying her that he wants to kill her and rape her, etc. I keep telling her to tell a cop or her parents. She is afraid to go directly to the cops and despite all of the evidence she has, her parents don't believe her at all. They think it is a boyfriend of hers. She is only 13 and scared for her life.
    I keep trying to do all I can, but she won't listen. Can anybody else give good advice? I'm at my wits end.
    I gotten this kind of calls to.
    Such as random laughs, (i meant those evil laughs you seen in TV) and someone calling me just to say vulgarities. (i actually lol'd at him)
    Ask her to change her number. Or just bare with it. Those people calling just have nothing better to do.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Stupid emo rant incoming.

Okay, so a little history. My parents were both really poor up until around the time I started school. Things started to really turn around at that point, and I actually ended up having probably the best life of anyone I know. Things just kept getting better and better as I got older, until last year. I had a lot of problems in my last year of high school, and went from a 3.7 to a 3.1 GPA, and had to go through summer school, and by the time college came around I couldn't handle it anymore, so I didn't go. I honestly think I would have dropped out if I had gone, but instead, I ended up just sitting at home for a year, eventually realizing that my life was completely pointless, and at that point, I had no way of doing anything, until the next year rolls around, and I go to college. Well, it's almost time for school again, and I'm not going. So much crap happened that I just couldn't, not to mention that we have no way to pay for it.

First, we ran out of money, and our house was foreclosed, so we had to move in with my grandma in some crappy cold little town in the middle of nowhere. Then I discover that I'm Gay, and go through a really rough transition, that made me sick, and I basically didn't eat/sleep for a week. Still recovering from that. I just arrived at my grandma's house a few days ago, and my welcome was as follows: Graffiti on my grandma's house, witnessing a gang fight, 2 girls being raped and murdered down the street, it's obvious that most people working in fastfood places are on meth, street races every night outside my house that wake me up, and my friend telling me not to come out to anyone in this town, or I very likely may be killed for it (I actually have yet to see anyone who isn't white, and I obviously can't tell if anyone is Gay or not.) Not to mention the fact that I didn't get to take any of my furniture, and have no room for a TV/computer in this tiny little closet of a room. I'm sleeping on a tiny little bed that I can't even lay down on without my feet hanging off the edge, and I have absolutely no way of entertaining myself but forums/chat rooms on my laptop, and working out. (I actually have abs now >.>) I'm essentially in prison.

Because of all of this, I've had some thoughts of suicide, although I would never be able to actually do it, nor do I actually want to. As far as I know, I have no way of getting into a college at this point, though I sure hope you guys can prove me wrong on that point... I just want to get out of here, and start from scratch. Actually do something with my life. There's so many amazing things in the world that I haven't seen/done. In fact, I haven't seen/done any of them. That's how empty my life actually has been.

If you guys know of any way for a 19 year old with no money or work experience to move out into the world, as far away from this hell hole that I live in now (without joining the military), please tell me.

(Also, please don't link me to a suicide help site or anything. -.-)

Last edited:
    Years
  • QK: If you want to go to college try a community college. They're not too expensive and if you work hard you can get through one in two years and move on to a four-year college. They give you something to do, some place to be other than your closet, and you can (hopefully) meet people who you can interact with there. They probably could have financial aid to help with costs, too. It puts you on the path to doing things. And if those kinds of colleges are like the ones around my area then anyone can enter them.

And goodness, please don't hurt yourself.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, that was actually the plan to begin with, but that means I'm still in this town.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Well, that was actually the plan to begin with, but that means I'm still in this town.

Maybe you try looking for a community college that is in the state, so you don't have twice the expenses, and you can get away from the city your in.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • I really have a terrible life
    Spoiler:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Well Emochu,

Paragraph 1:

You should never think any of your parent's problems you fault, and I'm saying that whether or not you think that it is or not.

You should probably sit your parents down and dicuss your feelings. Communication is key, and you have to express you feelings. Well, that's what I would do a t least. I'm not entirely sure this will work either. :/

Paragraphs 2-4

Not everyone is going to like you. And this 'fiend" of yours seems like a pretentious moron, so, don't be friends with him. He's not a ture friend and he will never be if he's afraid to be your friend in public.

Don't beat yourself up, many people have felt what it's like being lonely, myself included. You've just got to get more actively social.

But key points to remember: NEVER be desperate and clingy. Those are two things that send people flying away. Cause think about it, would you really want a friend that is constantly nagging you and latching onto you the second you show kindess towards them?

Not really. So, just remain confident and go for it. :3

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
    Years
  • I've had a crush on this girl for two years. We've gone through everything together. The hate between each other, frienship and even a few sparks. But the moment that killed me was when my rival asked her out and she asked my oppinion! (Not knowing I liked here." So I told her that he'd be lucky to have you. That he was a great guy and it would be a good idea. So she started dating him much to my sorrow and eventually she found out I had feelings for her. She however, didn't feel the same way. She then approached me and told me she was going to break up with the guy which she did.

We were both free one day so we were going to hang out but then my plans suddenly changed. After I told her that and then she said "Oh, I was busy anyway." I haven't seen or spoken to her in a month. But it's got me thinking just now, has she liked me all along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back