• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Star in the Sky (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.

๒inaryקlastic

Trika, Drape, Galsay...
Years
  • Name: Scott Musgrove

Location: Kanto, Homeless (Well, on a journey I suppose, but I lived in Pallet Town

Pokémon to Become: Skorupi

Appearance/Description: Scott is quite tall for his age. He stands at about 5 foot 3 but sometimes walks with a slight slouch. He has short, brown hair and glasses which he occasionaly wears for reading ect. He wears a burgandy, denim jacket or a big, puffy coat when its cold over his red and black baseball T-Shirt. He wears baggy, blue denim jeans and black baseball boots.

Personality: Scott is a very bubbly person. He is very easy to get along with and can make freinds easily. If people don't like him then he won't make a big thing about it but he can snap very easily and is quite impatient. He is always talking and is very funny. He is quite intelligent and is top of his class and is also a bit of a show off. At first glance it would seem that he was quite a geek but he is much different and is quite mischevious at times.

History: Scott led a normal life. He grew up in Pallet town and caught his first pokemon when he was seven. When he was eight he enterd the pokiemon league and beat all of the gyms in kanto by the time he was nine. He then went to all the other regions and beat them all on his fourteenth birthday.

But when he was in Johto he ran into an extremly strong Manaphy. His original mean, brutish personality was perminantly changed by heart swap and he became happy and inttleigent. He then went back to kanto to see his mother but then he noticed a mutation on himself and decided to nto go home and just wonder around in Kanto.

Love: Single, Not Intrested

Other: Nothing much here. Oh, one thing, he doesn't wan tanyone to know about the heart swap thing :D

RP Sample: Well, I've been looking through the many amazing RPGs that I have masterfully posted in and I finnaly found a one from all the many, many choices...

Trika stared at the Hitmonlee at the other side of the long field. He shuddered with annticipation as he had not had a proper fight in a long time. Then he thought of his childhood. Maybe he shouldn't battle. He has been ignoring his purpose in life and maybe he should get back to it. He didn't see the outcome in battling the Hitmonlee and he swore not to interfeer and only battle if provoked.

"Flisica. Help please." Said Trika as he closed his eyes. Within a second he was gone and at his camp.
    "I was watching on Psycam." Exclaimed Flisica,"I have never really seen you battle before. And I must say, of what I saw, you were amazing."
    "Why thankyou." Replied Trika smartly,"Any news then?"
    "Yes, acctually." Replied Flisica. A wide grin grew on Trika face as he sat down infront of the many computer screens. "Our scanners detect a rift in time and space has been opened. Some sort of portal to a parallel universe. I really think we should check it out."
    "We?" Replied Trika Puzzled,"What do you meen we. You can't leave here remember."
    "Ah, but I have perfected water veil. I can go anywhere now." Said Flisica happily.
    "Oh, okay then. Activate scanners." The computer screen showed a map of Eretika and were the rift was. He walked over to his desk and opened up a draw. He then pulled out a strange gun. It was black with a green ball shape on the end.
    "Oooh," Began Flisica,"Whats that then?"
    "It's a gadget i've been working on for quite a while now. I haven't tested it yet 'cause it is quite dangerous but what it bassically does is rip a hole in the fabric of time. We should go to the place where he acctivated the rift and use this there." Explained Trika. Flisicas eyes began to glow and once more they had both teleported.

They were now in Valasto. The ground began to rumble and rocks began to fall from the roof of the cave. "It must be from the rift." Said Flisica,"Quickly. Activate the Dimension Ray." As Flisica said those words, Trika pulled the trigger and a whole appeared out of nowhere. It stood in the middle of the air.
    "Here goes." Said Trika nervously. He hesitated to go in the hole so he waited untill Flisica went through. They came out at a place which was completly dark. Trika scanned the area and then he saw the evil Darkly. He pulled out his beam gun and put it on Psybeam mode. He pointed it towards Darkly. "For all the pain that you've caused everyone... We're going to stop it."

SkyeSlipstream

King of Crazy™
    Years
  • OOC: Yippie dippie dee, Skye is here, that's me! Okay, got to show form first, don't I? I was actully accepted by Random_Fan via PM, but to clear this up for everyone else first...

=====

Name: Craig Haruyo

Pokémon to Become: Sableye

Appearance/Description: Craig stands at about five feet tall and is thinner than normal. His long hair is a dark shade of hazelnut brown and reaches his neck. His skin tone is an unusually pale white. His face is relatively clean, has only has one or two spots and has no freckles. His eyes are a faint blue with a tint of grey and his hair sometimes covers them. His nose is flat and straight. His ears are small and hide behind his hair. Craig believes it's more of his father's looks than his mother's.
    He commonly wears a plain crimson shirt with short sleeves, a navy blue jacket over it, light grey thick jeans with no pockets and plain white sneakers with laces. He enjoys wearing dark sunglasses, but only when he needs them. He also wears black gloves. He has his right ear studded with a small silver trinket. He says he doesn't mind what he is wearing, but he is actully quite insecure about his appearance.

Personality: Craig is the quiet type. He isn't much for conversation, believing there is a difference between being lonely and being alone. Therefore, he has very few friends. He is a great thinker and often questions life, plans inventions and outsmarts opponents. However, while certainly not gullible, he is sometimes overly curious and has a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He thinks tactically and can spot a problem easily. He is quick to judge people on their appearance, believing people will do the same as him. He enjoys reading and writing (he keeps a journal in his room) and simply spends his free time relaxing in a quiet spot. Craig is easily annoyed by other people and firmly believes ignorance is not bliss. If provoked, he will defend himself, but with a lack of fighting experience, he will rely on intimidation and mind tricks more than actual fighting. To conclude, Craig is the cold, calculating type that people tend to avoid.

History: Craig was born in Blackthorn City on November 19th. As he grew up, people noticed he was rather smart for his age, learning to read surprisingly fast. However, people were also worried about the fact that he didn't socialize much with other children. When Craig was six, his family moved to Mahogany City and he would spend time by the lake by himself, simply thinking, reading or writing. As he continued growing up, this pattern continued as he excelled at his schoolwork, yet was one of the least popular kids. Sure enough, the present day is still the same.

Love: Single and not interested in the slightest.

Other: Craig has had no experience with raising or battling Pokemon.

RP Sample:

Drip. Drip. Drip.
    Crimson blood seeped from the gaping chest wound of her father's limp body. She couldn't move or speak or think. There was nothing in the world but the heavy stench of death and the sound of her rasping breath. The walls of the room, blank and white with no furniture, seemed to close in on her. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. The body was draped in a long white lab coat, now splattered with dark red. A second man stood above the corpse. He was dressed in nothing but blue, a bold white 'A' leaping from his shirt. The girl couldn't bring herself to look at his face. Time stood still. Everything stopped but the blood.
    Drip. Drip. Drip.

The girl woke up in a frantic, cold sweat. She could feel his heart pounding against her chest, as if trying to escape before it burst. She blinked once, then again, forcing herself to calm down. Her bedroom was still the same; lime green walls scattered with posters of Pokemon, thin blue carpet with the coffee stain in the corner by the oak wardrobe. Silver moonlight sifted through her faint lilac curtains and it danced across her floor as clouds floating in front of the view. It took a full minute to calm herself down, the dream feeling so very real. As she tried to return to her sleep, a dark thought sent chills down her spine.
    Was it a dream? Or was it a premonition of the future?

=====

Craig Haruyo watched the waves of Lake Rage. Moonbeams shone on the lake surface, a fight raging between silver light and dark water. He considered the recent events as he watched nature. The disappearance of Pokemon, an abnormally sized star extinguishing and many other mysteries were cropping up in his mind over and over. It didn't really concern him; he had never aspired to be a Trainer or a Breeder (unlike everyone else he knew), yet the vanishing Pokemon had definately made people feel a lot more alone. Craig, however, was used to be alone, so he couldn't honestly care less. He had always been different, but it was his choice to be himself and if anyone didn't like it, it was their problem and not his.

So, the night continued as Craig spent his time alone, watching the lake in peace and quiet. It was somewhat haunting without the chirping of Pidgeys or the bobbing of Magikarps. Nonetheless, it was all the same to him. However, his moment of solice was rudely interrupted by a deafening shockwave. He had no time to react as an eruption of force hit him, sending him a few feet into the air. He hit the snowy earth hard and felt a taste of blood in his mouth. After lying there in shock for a while, he sensed things were normal again and stood up. Snow covered the parka he had worn for the winter night and some of it was a faint red from his bleeding gums. Craig didn't care about some minor wound; he was more interested in the shockwave. What could cause such an unusual phenomenon? He listed several solutions in his head, considered each, then discarded each. Eventully, he was left with none and reluctantly accepted he didn't know the answer. With his peaceful night ruined and a question left unanswered, he felt there was nothing more to do than return to Mahogany City.

As he was journeying home by himself, he could tell things were terrible. Cars had been crushed as if they were made of paper, people had been tossed like rag dolls and windows had cracked and shattered in a million pieces. People had been injured, some worse off then others, and things were in chaos. Craig walked through the debris with care until he reached his house. Like every other building he could see, the windows had been wiped out and the car had been overturned and smashed. His mother ran outside and hugged him, but Craig didn't respond much; he was still in partial shock and lost in thought.
    "Oh my god, are you okay?" She asked him sincerely. Craig nodded silently. "Well, things aren't great, as you can see. Have any idea what it was?" He shook his head. "Oh. Come inside, boy, come inside." She hurried him indoors, away from the shockwave's haunting aftermath...

=====

OOC: Advice is not only accepted, but encouraged. It makes things better for everyone. I better not have done something wrong.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Despite having her feet inhibited by heels, London found she could keep up with the group rather well. The skies were dark, whether because of the sun setting, or some other cause, she couldn't be sure. The city of Viridian was a mess, much unlike Violet had been. Though, things could have changed. She hadn't been home in a few months. The group of people ran swiftly towards Viridian Forest, a place in which many species of Pokémon had once lived and flourished. The thought caused her heart to hurt ever so slightly. Soon, they had stopped at the entrance to a tunnel. People began to pour inside the cavern, while Mike stayed behind, tying some sort of rope to his belt.

"Just to help us get out." London tilted her head.

"An...escape rope, right?' She flashed him a hopeful smile. Though she'd never trained Pokémon, she wasn't completely stupid...she intended on displaying her knowledge. By this time, she and Mike were the last two remaining out of the tunnel. Briefly, she gestured to the open pit. "Shall we head in?" Because they had not yet entered the tunnel, London had no clue what was going on inside...or if everyone was alright.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Mike had the rope firmly tied around his belt and soon London came by. She had notice that it was an escape rope that he was preparing. She nodded and said with a smile that MIke was beginning to think could make her famous, "An...escape rope, right?"

Mike was sure that this girl was pretty smart since she wasn't a trainer. MIke only knew that pokemon trainers used escape ropes so there was no reason for her to know about it but that was ok. London then looked at Mike and said," Shall we head in?"

Mike nodded and soon pulled out a pocket flashlight out of his jacket pocket. It was pretty small but it provided a lot of light. Mike then said, "Just need to get this thing out." He then flickered on the flashlight a few times before he left it on. Mike traveled enough to know that he has to always be prepared for a situation. Even if you do have a pokemon that knows Flash, you can't go without a flashlight.

Mike then said, "I guess I go first." Mike then duck down and prepare to hit the ceiling inside the tunnel but to his surprise it wasn't there or at least his head didn't hit it. MIke moved the flashlight around and just followed the others.

The cave looked very empty and not very noteworthy. Still Mike had to take a glimpse the cave to see if he could find any writings or something. There didn't seem to be any on this tunnel but still further investigation could be done later. Mike then ran down the cave until he heard the name, "Amanda!" being said.

Mike ran deeper into the tunnel until finally catching up with the group that had followed the kid. Still what MIke saw made him wonder what was going on. There was a girl engulf in pink light inside a huge opening. Mike couldn't believe what he was seeing. The only thing that Mike could say that could come close to what he was seeing right now was the Sky Pillar in HOenn since there was such a huge gapping hole.

MIke then saw that three others were inside the pink orb along with the girl and another person that was standing by the edge. Mike couldn't help to notice that the guy that was not in the ledge with the others had a gun in his hand. MIke never approved of guns but really hope that he doesn't plan on using it on the kids. MIke then said, "I better hope you don't plan on using that gun on the kids seeing that we are here to help."

Mike then looked on the other side of the hole and knew that it may not be the best idea to jump to the other side since if this was anything like Sky Pillar then the floor could break apart. Still Mike then said, "Now the question is how to bring the girl down?"

Years
  • Chika: Finish up soon. Post in the OOC thread to let me know when you're done.

Toxic0345: All areas fall in dangerously short levels. Though the writing with the sign-up is average, it is ruined by a not so good RP sample. You don't give much description of where you are and the dialogue is really weird. When I say that, I mean that it is not using proper grammar techniques introducing who is talking and how they are talking. I was not expecting such a contrast with the sample and the sign-up. Lengthen all areas and add a clearer RP sample. If it turns out better, then you may be accepted, but for now, I have to decline you. Sorry. *Declined*

Now, unfortunately since I can't double post in the OOC thread, this news will have to come here. This post initiates the first battle of the RP. Use abilities you can use to your advantage, and if you got none, use your skill as a writer to think of something clever.

IC:

Help was evidently needed; Tom did not need to answer the trainer, but nodded anyway. He rushed up to where his sister floated. He knew what he was going to do after this. He would take her home and he would ask no questions. Later, maybe. For now, getting her out of the mess she was in was more important. That was his wish, and it was shattered the next second.

It was as if her body turned to sand. She desintegrated to a pink particle and glided with the rest of the pink. Tom was left horror struck and lost sight of where her particles flew. They were somewhere in the air. What's happening? he wondered. This was not normal.

The pink particles that made up the barrier gathered in a cluster near the ceiling of the cavern and slipped through a crack. The pink was drained and left only a white barrier to keep the platform in suspension. Tom lost his balance as he felt the platform move slightly. It connected to the ledge where the others stood, leaving no more gap of air to fall through. Then the white crawled underneath the rock. It left a terrible stillness. And it left Tom speechless.

But his inability to speech would have to be held for a later time. The ground below him grew weak. Tom backed, afraid that somehow he'd fall neverending down the gap that had been concealed, but it was something more than that. A soft being formed before him. Though it very much resembled a Pokémon, it was not. It was a being made entirely out of dirt. And it resembled a Psyduck.

This shook all boundaries inside Tom. Though only twenty-four hours ago it would have meant nothing, he knew that seeing another Pokémon was something that would not happen in a long time. Though this could not be called a Pokémon, the sheer resemblance to one made him gape in awe. Then similar forms grew from around the cavern in front of the others.

This became something scary now. They were all the dark brown color of the dirt floor, but resembled different Pokémon entirely. Before Tom could get a word out, the dirt-made Psyduck snapped its dirt-brown duck bill shut right over his leg. "Ah!" he cried out, and immediately kicked at it with his other foot. Though effective, it reformed and was ready to attack again.

They all attacked.

--

OOC: As I said above, I cannot double post for the OOC thread, so I have to say it here. The dirt Pokémon formed in front of you are going to only be the Pokémon you are becoming. They will not have any abilities that the Pokémon they are have, meaning all they really got depending on what you are is bite or scratch. This first battle is meant to be easy as well. The further into the RP we get, the harder they will become, so this should finish quickly.

Let the chaos ensue.

Oh yeah, and Skye: pretty sweet first post. Nothing wrong with it as far as I see.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • The recorder nodded towards me. Then he touched the girl levitating. Almost immediately she turned to pink sand.

"What the hell?" Ash said outloud. It was very strange to him. He never saw someone turn to dust. It was something reserved for vampires or skeletons. Or something out of fiction, but not in real life where everything was supposed to be real. But who was he to talk. All the pokemon disappearing at one time was straight out of fiction

Suddenly Ash felt the ground change form. He saw a sand figure begin to form infront of him. Ash kept his mouth shut to contain his horror. The strange figure began to form into a small child. Then its features became more prominent. It was a small Riolu.

The Riolu began attacking his leg specifically. "Ow damn." Ash said out loud to the sand figure. It continued attacking his leg with its arms and legs. Ash felt his instincts kick in and he kicked the Riolu

The Riolu instantly reformed itself. Then it continued attacking. Ash continued to kick it but it continued to reform. He knew that some strategy was needed here

Ash moved around the rock he was on. The Riolu jumped at him. Ash ducked and saw the sand figure fall down the never ending gap. Ash felt his lungs puff in and out as he looked down the gap. He could see nothing but darkness.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Yuuki reached the end of the passageway, panting and out of breath. Looking up at the boy whom he had been following (Whos name still was unknown to him. Why was he helping a stranger again?) he saw that they were at a dead end. He crossed his arms in an annoyed fashion and glared at the boy.

"Is this some type of joke?" He questioned in an irritated tone "Because it isn't funny! This entire place is sinking. Its dangerous. And theres no other place for your 'sister' to be hidi-"

"Does anybody hear that?" The boy asked, cutting into Yuuki's complaints. To Yuuki''s amazement, the wall before them crumbled to reveal a truly remarkable chamber, suspended over a seemilngly endless pit of nothingness.

"Ok..." Yuuki said, dumbfounded "I take that back..."
    The kid must have been crazy to jump over that endless gap, unlike Yuuki, who took one stare down the never-ending void of darkness and instantly deciding not to go to the other side. He had already been crazy enough to come this far, but this was pushing the limits. He watched as the boy approached the centerpiece where his sister (or thats what he assumed she was) was suspended.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Proceeding through the tunnel, eventually the group found themselves at a much larger chamber. A wide, bottomless gap managed to separate the recorder and the others from what might of been his target: a girl suspended on a platform somehow suspended in mid-air. Surrounded by a pink-ish barrier, the platform and the girl were across the chasm.

"Amanda!" The recorder yelled, before making a running jump to his sister. Just barely making it across, the other ex-trainer from before did so and also made it across. While Maria wanted to help them further, she wasn't willing to take a risk like that.

It didn't matter, as another matter was at hand. In the result of the recorder coming closer to the girl, she had faded away into pink sand. It was completely fantasy, to Maria. No Pokemon she knew could of done this without using Hypnosis. Even if everyone was in a trance, it would take some damn good telepathic powers to make a dream like this. The barrier lost it's pink color and became a white barrier, as the platform shook slightly. Moving ever so slightly, it eventually connected to the ledge of the chamber Maria was standing on, leaving no risk of falling to her death. That wasn't all though, but the white barrier began to swallow part of the ledge. This just left the girl in awe, wondering just how the hell this could happen with no Pokemon to even cause this event.

Maria in addition also felt the ground below her shift. It didn't, except for several Pokemon figures forming from the ground. Even more amazing, was the fact that a Pokemon came out of the ground. Ok, it wasn't exactly Pokemon, but rather sculptures of them made out of dirt and mud, perfectly replicating the ones they seemed to try and form. Everyone was facing a copy of a Pokemon, which shocked Maria even more. The girl began to doubt she would ever see something that even resembled a Pokemon except for sculptures made out of clay and such in a museum. But from following the recorder, she had ended up in a cave slowly sinking into the ground, and facing a figure of a Pokemon she known by heart.

Ralts. A complete bowl-cut hairstyle and the shard of crystal used as a horn were replicated with the dirt, along with the robes that covered the brown dirt-Ralts' body. All that was needed to complete this was the same cry a Ralts would make, and psychic powers. The latter, wasn't exactly what Maria wanted, if this thing was hostile.

Which of course, it was. This situation was turning scary, as the dirt-Psyduck near the recorder clamped it's bills on his leg. Apparently, this was the OK for every other dirt-Pokemon, including the normally-docile Ralts. Instead of being smart and using a Special Attack, it charged, preparing to scratch the girl in front of it. Normally Maria would just ignore this, as Ralts robes normally also surrounded the hand, making it more rounded. This also was added onto the fact Ralts had no claws or sharp fingernails to scratch, slash, or tear like physically based Pokemon. However with all this chaos, Maria wasn't going to take a chance.

The thing still had the upper hand, as it never bothered to plan a move and instead gone first by just a second. Due to the close distance, the tiny dirt Pokemon scratched at Maria's legs. Not that much damage, except for a small cut. Still, this was an annoyance, as the Ralts was going to start punching and kicking until there was some sort of wound. As such, the Ralts' head had a huge dent in it, being kicked by the girl in front of it. Showing no signs of damage from the now deformed head, it simply reformed. As such, it began to continue it's weak yet annoying onslaught.

"Tch... Apparently you are a bit more annoying than I thought," Maria murmured. To be honest, she had overlooked the obvious fact there would be some trick up these things' sleeves. The dirt-made Ralts continued to try it's hand at punches, which actually hurt, because well it was made from magicial dirt and rock that could reform easily to adapt the situation (plus there's the fact Ralts seem to do have some physical strength from their ability to learn the elemental punches). Apparently, Ralts don't have claws so it was simply relying on the dirt to do damage before.

"Ow..." the girl said as she launched another kick at the Ralts, only causing it to reform again. Brute force wasn't going to work, that was obvious. So right now, she attempted to try and find a way to get it off the edge. This way, maybe she could hopefully get rid of it. It then repeated the offensive once again.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Then it seems like it only took one event to make all things go crazy. The boy looked as if he was going to walk up to the girl that was named Amanda, or so Mike guess that what was the girl's name, and then she just began to turn to dust. Before their eyes, the girl began to just slowly become pink dust and it looked as if it was floating upward and the pink light that once engulfed her had turn pure white and then it looked like it became solid.

Still that wasn't the end of it. Small little pokemon made of dirt began to form before everybody that had follow the boy. Mike could see a psyduck, or a small one, before the boy they followed, one girl was faced with a ralts and it seems like everybody else had their own little dirt made pokemon before them.

MIke then looked around and saw that a brown dirt-made absol had form before him. It looked like he was going to attack Mike and Mike should know since he battle with one many times before. Mike looked at the absol and said, "Well this is deja vu."

The absol made out of dirt then charge forth and Mike just simply moved out of the way to dodge the attack but he forgot one thing. Absols had two blades, one on their head and another as a tail. With one swish, the tail swung and hit Mike in the arm. It wasn't very sharp being made out of dirt but it did strach the jacket. Mike expected to feel a jolt of pain but didn't. The absol then made a second leap and this time it just knock the flashlight out of Mike's hands. Mike simply pick up the flashlight and pocket it seeing that it may not be of good use right now.

"Ok, looks like it is harder to take an absol just alone but I kind of did it once before." said Mike as then soon something told him to move again. Working with this feeling, Mike made a step to the left then duck down to avoid both attacks of the absol. Mike knew that absols had many ways to attack but it was that tail and head blade that made them dangerous.

Soon something overcame Mike. It was kind of like the feeling from before but this time it was drawing Mike to another direction. He then remembered London. Mike didn't remember how close she was to him but if she is undergoing the same experience as him then he could only guess what pokemon she has to fight. With that thought in mind, Mike began to make a dash with only one thing in his mind, to help London out. Mike knew that when he sees her that he may have to tackle something down. Then with one look back, it seems like Mike was being follow by the dirt-made absol.

"Looks like I may have to find a way to get rid of you then don't I?" said Mike as he countinue to run. He knew that London must be inside this cavern but he just had this feeling he had to make sure he was close by her.

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
    Years
  • Maxwell completely ignored the nobody's stupid warning, instead concentrating on the events on the platform. The girl suddenly seemed to disappear, disintegrating on the spot. Interesting - the main question was, what would happen to her then? Was it simply some sort of execution device, or did she perhaps teleport? Maxwell wanted that platform, but how in Dante's Inferno was he to get it out before the cave sank? Impossible, most likely. He sighed, looking back out over the abyss. That's when the creatures appeared. From his position, the first one Maxwell noticed was the psyduck-thing on the platform. Not wanting to take any risks, he raised his gun. Suddenly, everything went dark.

Maxwell only had his calm composure to thank for not letting him fall into the abyss out of shock. Whatever was happening, though, was rather painful. It was as if something tried to squeeze his head off while simultaneously sandblasting his cheek. Feeling for his assailant with his free hand, Maxwell discovered that there was some sort of ball clasped over his head. In a frightening display of cold blood, the rich boy put his gun to the enemy's body and pulled the trigger three times. The shots echoed in the cave as the bullets whistled past his head, and the pressure melted away from his neck. He looked down to see that he was now standing in a pile of dirt and sand - and he had no time to clear his confusion before he had to thrown himself on the ground to avoid a flying Riolu-shaped lump of dirt.

"What the hell!?", he exclaimed. Instead of allowing the confused young man to rest, however, the pile of dirt he'd been standing in suddenly rose from the ground and reformed into the shape of a smokeless Gastly. Maxwell raised an eyebrow while trying to get a grasp of the situation. Everything had happened pretty fast, but he thought he was getting the hang of it. Dirt-things attacking everyone, dirt-things impervious to physical damage, so the only way was to drop 'em down the abyss - if that would even work. The question was, how does one drop a creature that could fly?

"Very well, then... if I can't kill you, I'll at least have my revenge for that bite!", he exclaimed, jumping the creature as it advanced, taking a large bite out of the side of its head. Naturally, the result of such a tremendously well-planned action was a powerful - and hard to get rid of - taste of dirt in Maxwell's mouth. Hissing and spitting, Maxwell leant at the cave wall, nearly vomiting and steadily cursing himself under his breath. A few seconds passed in this manner before he came to his senses and turned to face the monster yet again. What he found, however, surprised him greatly. The Gastly-thing was on the ground, twitching, apparently paralyzed. Not one to question Lady Luck, Maxwell gave the thing a swift kick to send it into the abyss. Letting his gaze follow its arcing path, Maxwell could only feel disappointed in the fact that he did not bring a cage.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry about the two day inactivity, family matters. Its hard to write when birthdays in the family happen close together. I'm also not sure about this post. Theres a lot of "What If's" here but I tried my best to make it rather realistic. If anyone has any doubt, I will explain my line of thought behind it. I should be able to post more often...leading to shorter posts that aren't trying to cover a whole lot i've missed.

IC:

Lee Hallows - Viridian Pokemon Centre

I had just finished a small prayer when a heard a scream that jolted me out from the next prayer I was starting, I looked from my seat over towards the cafeteria, to see a boy that looked to be about my age panickly crying out for help. I listened for a bit from where I was sitting and sighed. Now It wasn't just all the pokemon going missing now little children too? This entire day had been strange already, and it was getting worse it seems as the night wore on.The boys cries for help did not go in vain, as a small group of trainers (or maybe the right word now was ex-trainers?) slowly gathered around the distressed boy. Myself, I was feeling sorry for him. I really wanted to help him...but before I could go and offer my help, the small group of youngsters, lead by that boy headed out of the pokemon centre. As per usual, i'd been too slow at deciding.

I settled back down but I've noticed the air in the the pokemon centre had warmed quite a bit. Futhermore the whiff of body odor had started to filter about. Feeling uncomfortably warm, I decided there and then that I needed to get a bit of fresh air. As I walked out of the Pokemon Centre my eyes bore witness to what could only be called chaos. All around, every building I could see had no glass window...The footpaths instead glittering with the smashed remains of these windows. Cars were upturned, even a bus was on its side. People outside were arguing, fighting even a few were throwing things. The wail of sirens could be heard in the distance, singeling that the law enforcement were out in force. Suddenly, I don't really care about the fact I'd argued with my father earlier as worry began to eat away at me. What if something had happened to him? There I decided that I needed to head back to the hotel, to see if my father was there and okay. If the world was ending any time soon, I didn't want to be alone.

As I turned to walk off, I saw something out of the corner that made me jump to the side in surprise...right into someone else! I backed off as something dislorged from the persons belt...A pokeball. The person turned around quickly reveilling a rather overweight adult as the pokeball rolled in the gutter and he made a lunge for it with a desperate look on his face. But horrors of horrors, before he could grab it the sound of it falling down the drain into water reached our ears. The man turned to me, grief and loss now masked by a look of wild rage. Uh-oh...

I ran and ran like hell, looking back occasionally. The man chasing me was slowly falling behind, quickly becoming tired. I didn't stop however...that look of rage in the man's eyes was still there. After a while, I thought I'd lost the man and rested. I looked around. The red light nearby cast spooky shadows around. Then I noticed something dark on the cement. Closer examination appeared to be footprints, like somebody had stepped in something or on something wet possibly, they seemed to lead up towards the park nearby, the footprints slowly fading as they got towards the park area. But I didn't have time to ponder as I heard a gnuff angry voice say from nearby "Where's thats damn kid...I'm going to make him pay..." Without hesitation I rushed off in the direction the footprints were leading, not wanting to be caught.

I ran accross the nearby park. Even in the darkness I saw some similaries with it to the one i'd visited earlier that day.I didn't stop to look, since it wasn't really smart to stop running when an angry man is after you. As I got to the end of the park, I noticed a great place I could hide. It was a tunnel of sorts. It actually looked sort of spooky in a way. But I didn't have time to worry about that, I didn't want to be hurt. So, gathering up my courage and went inside.

The tunnel was rather cramped as I travelled down along it. In some areas the roof got so lowthat I had to duck down. As I proceeded further, to my suprise I could see light. Again I reasoned at just scooting it out of this place, but the thought of possibly facing an angry man who could really do some real damage in his rage. So I continued on...."Thank Arceee..."

The words died in my mouth, as I entered into a chamber...My look of relief that had started to form on my face turned to horror...

The chamber, illuminated softly but a combination of pink light from above and white light had other people inside...but I looked on to see them under attack, by what looked to be lumps of dirt and sand. However on another look, They weren't just lumps...They're were in the shape of pokemon...

"De-Demon-s" I stammered, shocked at the sight

But the worse was yet to come...

For as I looked down the dirt in front of me began to shift...and twist and slowly from itself into a shape that I recogized from my teachings by my father.

A Houndour. A houndour made of dirt, sand and pebbles

It lunged for my leg, and I reacted quickly in panic swinging my leg out of the way. However it left me my other leg vulnerable and quickly latched on the my other leg with ferocity i've had never seen. I gasped in suprise mainly as it fortunately was not as painful as I would of expected. I quickly kicked rather clumsily at the earthy houndour and suprisingly it crumbled apart and the animated dirt fell to the floor...only to reform itself again.

I have to think of something...Facing a foe that was kin to dreaded "Devil dog" as the order called it was bad enough...The things I had heard about it from the order were fightening even as a tale but even to face one in battle, may it be dirt or flesh horrified me.

Trainer Kat

Years
  • It seemed like forever that London followed Mike down the tunnel. Her footsteps echoed all the way down the cavern each time she put her heel down. The sight she saw next shocked her. The boy who had been shouting about some girl approached...well...a girl. As he got closer to her, she evaporated into a pile of pink sand. London felt her breath escape her. This sort of thing didn't happen in the real world, at least, not that she was aware of. It was possible she was dreaming this, that she had fallen asleep when she sat in the armchair and had dreamt waking up and getting pie, as well as the events that followed it. But everything had seemed too real. The dank scent of the cave, her interactions with Mike back at the Pokémon Center...it had all seemed too real to be a dream.

Her thoughts were cut short when the dirt began to form shapes. Shapes that attacked people. Her body trembled as she backed out of the tunnel slowly. Before her, a shape rose out of the dirt. She recognized it as an Eevee, one of the most widely loved Pokémon. London had always been under the impression that Eevees were tame, lovable Pokémon. But as the dirt Eevee launched itself at her, she thought otherwise. The others began to battle their respective dirt shapes, but London didn't have any violent experience. Instead, she turned and bolted down the path. She wanted to kick herself for wearing both heels and a mini skirt. London felt herself fall to the ground, a hole ripping in the fishnets on her right leg. The Eevee leapt at her. In response, London kicked it, sending a heel straight through the dirt monster's face. It fell to the floor. Just when she thought she could relax, the Eevee reformed. At this point, London was backed against the wall, her knees held close to her chest. She whipped her head to the side to see Mike running her way, followed by an even bigger dirt creature.

"Mike!" The voice was meant to be a yell, but it came out as a whimper. She tried to stand, but the Eevee wouldn't let her. Instead, it attacked once more, met with the back of London's hand as she slapped it to the side. Once more it formed, looking at her through angry eyes as it twisted its face into a snarl.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • Mike continue to run to find London and eventually he saw that he was right. London too was being attack by a pokemon and it was kind of funny, if it wasn't for the fact that he was being attack by an absol and that London was being attack, because the pokemon that was attacking London was an eevee. Mike never seen an eevee so fierce in battle in all of his travels and really this was a surprise.

Mike then looked back to see that the dirt-made absol still chasing after him. Mike knew that he had to subdue it somehow but the how part was making Mike think. Mike continue to run to make sure that the absol and him had a good distance between him and it.

Mike then got closer to where London was and saw that she wasn't fairing well against the small eevee even it was just a very friendly pokemon by nature. Mike should have guess that London really didn't know how to fight against something like this even it was just an eevee. Still that wasn't the issue to deal with right now. It looked like the little dirt-made eevee was going to attack London.

Mike then dove and grab the little dirt eevee by the tail with one hand and with the other one he place it under the dirt-made eevee's stomach. He then felt something and looked in the direction that this feeling was coming from. He then at once threw the dirt-made eevee in that direction and saw that it slammed right into the dirt-made absol's face and made both pokemon fly back. When the absol hit the ground, it turned into a pile of dirt.

Mike then looked at London and offered his hand to help her up. She looked kind of scared. Mike then said in a worry tone, "Are you ok?"

Mike then turn around and saw that the pile of dirt was beginning to reform to become an absol again. Mike was surprise by this and said, "Looks like it kind of gotten worse now." Mike at once began to think about ways to stop these two dirt-made pokemon and then it hit him. Still it seems like the dirt made pokemon were not going to let him. The dirt-made absol was already advancing towards Mike with a deadly growl.

Mike at once took off his bag from over his shoulder and then threw a rock at the dirt-made absol. He then threw the bag down at London and said, "Look for a sports bottle of water. Hurry." Mike then threw another rock that made the dirt absol stop and Mike was hoping it would stop the dirt-made eevee.

XunknownX

So much fog in here...
    Years
  • ((OOC: Best I could do now... I had to use a ton of time-span, so if I did something wrong, or didn't understand something fully, I will edit if requested.))

Aryn's plan was working, but not in a way she had liked. The only thing she overheard was the same thing; basically pandemonium, and of course, she hated it. I mean, really. Why are people still shouting, sobbing, and getting into fist fights? The hysterical crying was somewhat understandable, but there is no need for any more violence. She had also noticed that people had been lightly, to severely injured by either the broken glass that probably flew through the air at a dangerous speed moments ago, or maybe the cars that were randomly 'tossed' about. Some were trying to help one another, but somehow it lead to more bickering.

All this noise that never seemed for cease for even one moment made Aryn's head throb with pain. Great, the headache is back. Way to make it better. Despite the pure chaos all around, she tried to tune them out and think more about her plan. Alright, just wandering around the streets isn't working... and I swear if someone screams next to me I'm going to lose it... Aryn sighed for being momentarily distracted, and continued. Let's see, gatherings of people are frequently found at Pokemon Centers, but would there really be a reason for anyone to go there? Aryn shook her head slowly. At least it was an idea. Now, where was it?

Despite her astigmatism, she was able to find it just by recognizing the traditional looks of a Pokemon Center. She was to the left of the door, and was about to walk in to give it a try, but then a boy with a worried-like expression darted out of the Center. Wow he could run. Wondering why he'd be in such a hurry, her eyes couldn't help but follow the boy with where he might be going until he was out of view. "Huh, that was odd... wonder what-" She cut herself off as a couple more people ran after him soon after, trying to follow wherever he was going. Being curious wasn't answering anything, although, it seems her plan would come in handy now as a couple of people inside the Center began to talk amongst themselves. She was able to hear since the door was still open from the others running out.

"Oh wow, hope it turns out alright."
    "What turns out..?"
    "Sheesh, how could you not hear the commotion that went on in the cafeteria?"
    "This place is crammed with people! How would I know everything ?!"
    "Or maybe because you were crying too hard to notice."

Aryn sighed inwardly as this might just turn into another pointless fist-fight and hold no useful information, but continued to eavesdrop silently while she still could.

"Shut up! Will you just tell me?!"
    "Alright, alright. Well, I think that kid needed help with something. Mentioned a 'her' too. Didn't hear much other details than that."
    "That's it? Wonder what happens this time... that kid seems lucky though. With whatever he needed help with having to do with her, lots of people look like they're going with him."
    "Who do you think it is? Obviously someone close? A girlfriend?"
    "Oh geez! Give that a rest, will ya? It's probably a family member... maybe a cousin or a sister or something..."
    "Yeah, whatever man. You just always think you're right!"

The conversation ended with pointless and idiotic fight, but she tuned them out after they had guessed who this 'her' was. Honestly, her attention was caught at the guess of a family member; more specifically the sister deduction. It seems she has a soft spot for that. I wonder... is that true..? Lots of strange things happened tonight... it must be pretty bad. Aryn looked down at her charm again, deep in thought. I mean, if she did go, it wouldn't really matter since there were plenty of people going after him. She shook her head. Decisions now final, she was already walking hurriedly to where she could remember him going. She did not run, because she didn't exactly want to be seen following. It's not like she actually volunteered to help the boy out.

However, in a moment she did start to run, since she might forget where he may be going. Also, he had to go around various obstacles in the way, like a huge bus, or a car or two. Aryn was going to have to hope she could faintly see the others behind him, trying to catch up. Aryn thought she saw some people up ahead as she continued to follow, although it seems her astigmatism wanted to get in the way, but continued to try and follow in their direction, slowing her pace.

Within a few moments it seemed she was back in Viridian forest, but this area was unfamiliar, which was somewhat strange since she comes here frequently. She hadn't seen another person for a bit though. This area was also unfamiliar, and almost seemed like it could be a secret spot of sorts. She was about to give up trying, when she thought she saw something move up ahead. Aryn walked over slowly, but stayed somewhat hidden, wondering if it was one of the people that had followed the boy, but it wasn't anything she'd ever expect, despite the strange happenings thus far. A very uninviting and ominous tunnel was ahead. But it was slowly sinking into the ground. Aryn's rubbed her eyes a moment, not believing this. Yeah, it was sinking into the ground. Nothing wrong with vision here. What the hell is this..?! They went in there? How can that even sink anyway?! Despite her not being a people person, she was not heartless, even if she seemed to be. However, she was so surprised about this sinking tunnel, she just noticed that maybe two others were outside of the tunnel for a moment. A boy was putting a good use for an Escape Rope, and tying it around a nearby tree, then his belt. Momentarily, he had a working flashlight as well for the exploration in this tunnel. There was a girl with him too, that followed him in soon after. Quite a lot of volunteers. They both had to duck a bit to even enter. Within seconds of entry, they were out of view.

Silently, Aryn came out of hiding a bit, staring at the tunnel a moment. She wasn't about to do anything rash, or possibly even risk her life without a plan of sorts. Was there really anything she could do? What was the point of really following? Aryn sighed quietly as she stayed near the tunnel for now. It had still continued to sink. She was now somewhat hoping that they would return safely, and once she could think of a way to help... she would at least try.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Cato watched the entire ordeal from the sidelines, standing unnoticeably with the some of the other helpers. The frenzied teen, who seemed to be the leader of this entire operation, was doing some incredible things. Not too long ago, when the group reached a dead end, the boy had simply touched the cave wall and it collapsed before him. Just now, he had made a nearly impossible leap and was standing before a magnificent sculpture. Intricate pink lights floated about and a small girl was engulfed by it. It was then that Cato realized this must be the boy's sister.

The boy stared emotionally at his sister, believing that the nightmare had finally reached its conclusion. He couldn't be further from the truth. In one false swoop, the pink light evaporated, taking the youthful girl with it. Her body disintegrated into small, almost invisible, pink particles. The leading male was stunned as all his hopes vanished in seconds. But the worst was still to come.

Platform moved from under the boy's feet, connecting the two ledges, but no one moved yet. The dirt from the ledges suddenly rose in a ghastly manner, all taking various shapes as if they had a mind of their own. The first completed shape was that of a Psyduck, which was closest to the leading male. Everyone let out a small gasp, as they hadn't seen any thing even resembling a Pokemon in days. Then, without warning, the duck attacked the leader, who quickly retaliated. However, even though his attack hit square on, the dirt recollected and Psyduck moved forward for another strike. Cato focused on the boy's face and he seemed to be staring at something behind the group. A menacing chill ran up the apprentice's spine as he slowly turned around, only to come face-to-face with a small army of dirt-Pokemon.

As the surrounding humans took notice of the "creatures," Cato focused mainly on one that was glaring at him with crimson eyes. He immediately recognized its shape as that of an Abra, which he greatly revered in his research because its final evolution, Alakazam, was the smartest of all Pokemon. However, Cato could easily tell that this dirt-Pokemon held a sort of "primitive nature" in it. And there's only one thing a primitive species is good at: attacking.

In a wave of terror, the dirt-Pokemon marched forward, each lunging at a respective human. The chaos dispersed the group, and Cato dived to the right as the Abra leapt for him. Although it missed, Cato's dived caused his glasses to fly off his face and into the endless abyss below. With a cry, the assistant pushed his body forward and with great luck, caught the glasses before they fell too far. With half his body dangling over the edge, Cato wasn't even close to ready for what had happened next.

A large foot slammed repeatedly on his back, and each time he let out a small whimper. His fragile body ached as the Abra relentlessly attacked, taking neither mercy nor remorse in what it was doing. Cato, although not being the nicest guy around, would never hurt a Pokemon. But this... this abomination was definitely not a Pokemon. Thanks to his quick thinking, Cato snatched magnifying glass that he had brought for his expedition out of his pocket and smashed it against the Abra's head. As the body stood unhindered, the head went soaring into the deep abyss. As the distance between the two entities increased, the enchantment put on the dirt fell apart until finally, the dirt collapsed into a normal mound atop Cato's back.

Unwilling to wait and see if the creature was going to reform, Cato got up, slid off his lab coat and threw it into the abyss, taking the dirt mound with it. With his black undershirt revealed, he turned around to see most of the others still struggling with their own dirt-Pokemon. Completely wiped out by his trial, Cato suddenly fell to his knees and began taking deep breathes. The others would have to fight on without his help.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    The dirt-Ralt's primitive nature was it's downfall. Specializing mainly on offense, the living mound of dirt seemed to lack any intelligence to realize when to back off. As such, Maria quickly learned it wasn't worthwhile trying to force it to retreat. Actually, that was fairly obvious, but rather she also learned it wasn't willing to take any risks. Specifically a lunge at her, like many of the other dirt-Pokemon thought was a good idea, resulting in their downfall.

It didn't matter though, as Maria kicked the creature hard enough that the head simply detached from the rest of the body. The dirt-made Ralts stood still, as if whatever possessed it died or left. The dirt-head was launched slightly, directly into the abyss. It took a few seconds before the dirt-Ralts seemed to change back into it's original form: a pile of dirt. The enchantment casted on the dirt turning it into some sort of demon faded away. The dirt mound didn't seem to want to reform, so Maria just left it there.

The dirt-creatures were constantly fighting the other members of this expedition, only to stop when they were destroyed. Maria was finished with the dirt-Ralts once in front of her, and eyed what else was in the room. Hopefully they could take care of these things on their own, but Maria was willing to help if needed, long as that Ralts dirt-mound didn't come back to life and attack again.

Years
  • OOC: the first part of this post is meant for Skye in order to get his character with the rest of us quickly. Skye, the house Walter is outside of is your house.

IC:

Walter was only 14 years old. He was a trainer with an average build for his age and light brown hair. He had been a trainer on a journey through Johto. Everything he ever wished for, everything he ever hoped for was ruined for him when the Pokémon of the world disappeared. Now he is an average person who was lucky enough to have relatives in Mahogany Town that would let him stay, but he could not stay for long. He needed to get back home to Goldenrod City.

"You cannot go back alone," said his uncle. "Look how dangerous it has gotten out there!"

He was of course speaking of the chaos growing and the overturned cars and hurt people because of the shockwave, if you can call it that. Walter however was determined. He sneaked away from the house and was ready to head back to Goldenrod. Though this was his main goal, he was not a complete idiot. Of course this journey would be dangerous, and he knew he'd need a companion who could come with him. Therefore he needed to find someone who had a relative in Goldenrod who would be happy to travel with him.

His first attempt was with the next door neighbor. He knocked upon the door, waiting for a reply.

--

There was nothing Tom could do to get the dirt form to stop attacking. It would simply regenerate itself into a form once again and continue to attack. But he realized how closed and narrow his mind was. The others were quickly finding a way to finish them off. Hoping to be as successful, he tried to lead the Psyduck dirt-creature towards a ledge. All he had to do was run.

But he had decided to jump over the mantel that his sister had been over, and this led to something far more unexpected. Much like the aura that had been moments before, the white particles returned. This time, they turned a gold color, and before Tom could jump off the pedestal, it swooped for him and pulled him back. He had no control over it. Immediately, he tried to fight it. This caused the other dirt forms to stop their constant attacks and turn to him.

He heard something strange. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but it called to him. It calmed him, and for awhile, a blank and calmed expression remained. The light, suddenly so beautiful and mesmerizing, made peace in his soul. He could not explain it any further than that, and this is why he did not want to disturb this entities process.

But then he remembered what the entity had done to his sister. "No!"

It was in that brief moment that he felt a surge within him, tossed outward. It was strong enough to cause a dust up in the cavern, but by far weaker than the last explosive wave most likely caused by his sister. The gold retreated and returned to white, escaping through the walls once again, and the forms of Pokémon fell to pieces.

Tom breathed heavily as he fell off the mantel. It was over, he was sure. He felt it. But then there was another problem; the light that illuminated the room was dying. It was growing ever so darker, and the realization hit him like a rock; the place was sinking into the ground!

Without a moment to spare, he shouted the obvious before taking off. "Run!"

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • "Run!" Ash heard. Ash was watching everyone fighting off their sand creatures. Then a bright light came upon them. Ash didn't need Tom to say twice. He was already running.

Ash began running up the tunnel following Tom. He realised why Tom told them to run. The place was sinking into the ground. It was so obvious. The walls seemed to spew sand out of them. As if the entire chamber was collapsing upon itself to seal them in.

"Ash why dig a ditch. Come on. Play with me...."

"We who are about to die"

Ash shook his head as he continued running

Trainer Kat

Years
  • London braced herself for an attack, when the Eevee was swiftly thrown by Mike. It collided with the Pokémon that had been chasing him, and the two flew backwards, the larger turning to a pile of dirt. Mike offered her his hand, worriedly asking if she was alright. She nodded, but before she could get up, the Pokémon began to reform, looking even more vicious. London found Mike's bag thrown near her as Mike hit the Pokémon with a rock.

"Look for a sports bottle of water. Hurry." He threw another rock, causing both Absol and Eevee to stop. London grabbed the bag and furiously dug through it, eventually coming up with the bottle of water he had been referring to. Uncapping the bottle, she doused both their assailants with water, turning them into a pile of mud. Her chest heaved, and she dropped the now empty bottle into the bag. When she had caught her breath, she turned to Mike, giving him a weak, yet appreciative smile.

"Thank you..." she began softly. Whatever she was about to say soon became meaningless as the light that had once poured into the room slowly began to disperse. A distant voice commanded them to run. It hit London that they were in danger.

"We have to get out of here," she said, fear filling both her face and her voice, as she grasped Mike's hand in her own and began to run.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    "Run!"

In the time Maria looked at how the recorder faired in battle, he had jumped over the mantel his sister was once suspended on. The entire chamber was swallowed in a white light, as it faded and all the sand-creatures (or demons) collapsed and the magic controlling them faded away, like it did with the dirt-made Ralts. The boy then jumped off the platform he was once on, and ran out the cave.

"Crap." Maria thought as she looked out the tunnel leading to the massive room they were in. The light was fading away, showing that the cave was continuing to sink in the ground. The group had spent too much time fighting, and if they didn't hurry, eventually they would be trapped in this chamber and die. Facing the exit, she ran as fast as she could, followed by the others.

Fear consumed Maria as she seen the tunnel's entrance disappear. The entire chamber was sinking, flooding itself with dirt and sand. It was if whatever possessed the dirt here wanted them all to stay with it, forever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back