• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Stargate Fanclub

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    You can't kill Harry, he is a king now. On top of that we needed someone that would stab SGC/SG1 in the back every now and then. But since he got dropped off on the planet by the Tok'ra, he kind of went good and you can't kill him now. XD

Who I want to see wacked is Kinsey. I hate that guy, he needs to be wacked. XD

Season 9 oh SG1: I don't even know what to think about it. Getting rid of Jack is still a shock to me, and I found out ages ago he was going to be gone in Season 9. I think it's a really bad move, I just fear the show will go down hill because they got rid of Jack. I hope they pull a Daniel Jackson with Jack. Having him go away for a Season and come back the next Season.

Season 2 of SGA: Right now I want to see SGA more then SG1. I want to see what happens to John (I know he lives but I still want to see what he does). I want to see what happens to Ford (he had a messed up eye in that SGA Preview last Monday) And I can't wait to see if the Daedalus is going to kick some Wraith butt.

I'm just looking forward to SGA more then SG1 (they are making too many dang changes to the show it's ticking me off).
    I didn't like it when they killed off Fraiser. Getting rid of Hammond was the worst, I liked him being the head of the SGC. If you ask me, he did a hell of a lot better then Jack. Jack going off world was for him. Not sitting behind a desk giving orders for the whole SGC. Even the ep where you see Maybourne you hear him say "God I miss going off world". It isn't right for him, and he gets promoted to Major General (2 Stars for the ones that don't know XD) in Season 9. So that's not going to help him go off world more.

And I also can't wait for the game. Stargate SG1: The Alliance. I think it'll be good.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Charizard_Fire_God said:
    Btw anyone here care to tell me how on Earth Apophis escaped from Sokar's planet when it blew up? I missed that bit there...

It was actually Sokar's mothership that was destroyed, as it was orbiting the moon of Netu, which was destroyed by the Tok'ra's weapon. After being tortured by Sokar's Jaffa, Apophis used a hidden blade to kill the Jaffa and escape Sokar's grasp. Apophis then used a ring platform to transoprt himself to Sokar's planet, where he took command of Sokar's massive fleet.

Years
    Tch. That lucky...
    Btw do the Ancients come up at any point in later seasons? As I understand it there was an Alliance of 4 races long ago, that also included the Asgard... if not then does someone at least know what happened to the Alliance? The only clues that were were seemingly on a planet inside a castle where a man was left abandoned back in the '60s when they 1st opened the Stargate and then couldn't reopen it to get him back, but then that place collapsed so, meh, all knowledge is lost again... >_<

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well as we all know the 4 big races was the Ancients, the Asgard, the Nox and some race called the Furlings (I'm spelling by ear here so I don't think it's spelled right XD). We know the Ancients moved on to Pegasus and then Ascended and left Atlantis. The Nox are still around, you get to see them in Ep 7 and the ep where Skaara gets rid of Klorel on the Tollan home planet. The Asgard you know are still around and always downloading their brains into a new body XD. Now the Furlings, I do not remember seeing them at all. And I'm almost sure I saw all the SG1 episodes.
    From what I know the alliance still stands. It's just everyone went their own ways and moved on.

Years
    Hmm... well that's one thing settled... oh and another thing -- that machine that Jack build when he was high on info after having it uploaded in his mind... it broke after the 1st use, and then they fixed it to summon the Asgard in a parallel universe infested by the Goa'uld. Did they take it back after that...? o.0

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Arcanine said:
    Who I want to see wacked is Kinsey. I hate that guy, he needs to be wacked. XD
    I agree wholeheartedly. Kinsey deserves to die. He needs to pay for all of the grief he's caused the SGC ever since Season 1. However, we haven't heard from him ever since he was taken as a host by the Goa'uld that the Trust captured...

Charizard_Fire_God said:
    Hmm... well that's one thing settled... oh and another thing -- that machine that Jack build when he was high on info after having it uploaded in his mind... it broke after the 1st use, and then they fixed it to summon the Asgard in a parallel universe infested by the Goa'uld. Did they take it back after that...? o.0
    You mean that weird ZPM Jack built after the first time the Ancients' knowledge was downloaded into his brain? I don't think that they took it back from the Goa'uld-infested parallel universe after they contacted the Asgard there.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    White_Winter_Wolf said:
    I love Stargate! I think Atlantis is such a spin-off. Though Major Shepard is cute, I so love Daniel! They had better keep him alive in season 9! he dies to much.
    I assure you that Daniel will be kept alive in Season 9. The thing I'm angry about is the fact that they replaced Jack with that guy from "Farscape." Death to Cameron Mitchell!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Jack O'Neill said:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Kinsey deserves to die. He needs to pay for all of the grief he's caused the SGC ever since Season 1. However, we haven't heard from him ever since he was taken as a host by the Goa'uld that the Trust captured...
    I don't think he's dead. The very last time you see him is when he takes that Hand Device. He isn't someone you would kill without showing him die. So I don't think he was on the ship when the ship went buy buy by the Prometheus. Even Tanith got his own little death part in 48 Hours, you got to see him die so why wouldn't you get to see Kinsey die? He's somewhere out there, I know it.

Charizard_Fire_God: I'm with Jack, I think they left that glowy ZPM thing there. To me that was really stupid leaving it in that alternate reality <_<.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Tanith had a pitiful death, considering his ties to Teal'c. I mean, a long shot with a glider cannon, I think Teal'c and Tanith should have had a big hand-to-hand fight, and Teal'c throwing down a pit or snapping his neck, something more fitting for someone who killed Teal'c love.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Arcanine said:
    I don't think he's dead. The very last time you see him is when he takes that Hand Device. He isn't someone you would kill without showing him die. So I don't think he was on the ship when the ship went buy buy by the Prometheus. Even Tanith got his own little death part in 48 Hours, you got to see him die so why wouldn't you get to see Kinsey die? He's somewhere out there, I know it.

Charizard_Fire_God: I'm with Jack, I think they left that glowy ZPM thing there. To me that was really stupid leaving it in that alternate reality <_<.
    Yup. Kinsey is still out there...somewhere. Who knows? He might as well have become a System Lord by now.

And yeah, just why did they ditch Jack's homegrown ZPM in the alternate reality, anyway? If they had known just how useful it would be later on...

Murpheos said:
    Tanith had a pitiful death, considering his ties to Teal'c. I mean, a long shot with a glider cannon, I think Teal'c and Tanith should have had a big hand-to-hand fight, and Teal'c throwing down a pit or snapping his neck, something more fitting for someone who killed Teal'c love.
    Other Ways That Teal'c Could Have Killed Tanith

- Shooting him at point-blank range with [insert firearm here]
    - Zapping him three times with a zat (Yay for disintegration!)
    - Decapitation
    - Dismemberment (In his culture, Teal'c should be well within his rights to dismember Tanith...just like Colonel Maybourne! XD)
    - Throwing him into the vortex caused by the establishment of a wormhole
    - Shoving an armed grenade up a random orifice (Try and guess where Teal'c's gonna shove it... XD)

As an aside here, here's a little "humor" I made up a few minutes ago.

The Gate whooshed into life, and SG-1, the Atlantis team, and several familiar faces dashed through, carrying a mangled corpse covered up on a stretcher. The Iris slid smoothly into place after them, and the Gate disengaged and shut down.

General Hank Landry strode purposefully into the room. "Who's on the stretcher?" he asked.

Samantha looked over at Daniel, then at the body on the makeshift platform. "It is Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell, sir. He is dead," Teal'c said dryly.

Landry raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

O'Neill took off his hat and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well," he started, "Teyla hit him with a Wraith stunner. Daniel, Jonas, Dr. Weir, and Dr. McKay each shot him seven times. General Hammond blasted him at point-blank range with a shotgun. Dr. Fraiser got several M-16 clips into him as well. Ford, Sheppard, and I each emptied two full P90 clips into him. Sam hit him with a zat twice, and Teal'c shot him in the groin with his staff weapon. Bra'tac and Selmak got him several times with their Kull Disruptors. Apophis, Sokar, Baal, Hathor, Heru'ur, and Yu showed up and used their ribbon devices on him. Oma Desala even struck him with a few bolts of lightning. Just to make sure, we hit him with a few other things as well."

"What did you hit him with, General?" Landry calmly asked.

"A Wraith Dart, two Death Gliders, a Puddle Jumper, and an Al'kesh," O'Neill replied, grinning widely.

Years
    Okay, I have one.
    There were 2 SGs on earth, one in Egypt an' one in Antartica. They blew up their 1st SG in an attempt ta stop a black hole from destroyin' earth, right? An' now they're usin' their 2nd SG after unsealing that iris on it. I have a couple of Qs that come from this:

-the 1st time they made it to Antartica b/c of an explosion during transition an' got to the 2nd gate they couldn't "dial" home b/c it was the same "star address", well then how on earth did they make it home through the gate in the Cheyenne Mt. Complex everytime they dialed home from another planet and never ended up in Antarctica until that blast?

-any explanations as to HOW that other SG made it there? There would be absolutely no use for 2 gates on the same planet so I'm guessing someone "dropped" it there?

-didn't they have a "dialer" with the 2nd SG? what happened to it? They're still using those 15 supercomputers as substitutes for it... o.0

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
    Charizard_Fire_God said:
    Okay, I have one.
    There were 2 SGs on earth, one in Egypt an' one in Antartica. They blew up their 1st SG in an attempt ta stop a black hole from destroyin' earth, right? An' now they're usin' their 2nd SG after unsealing that iris on it. I have a couple of Qs that come from this:
    No they blew up the 2nd Stargate (the one in Antartica). This is how it happened.
    In the ep with the Replicators on Thor's ship (the first time you see the Replicators). SG1 beamed up the Stargate (that was the one there from the start). So Hammond ordered the second Stargate up to be put in place.
    So now they got the first Stargate in Thor's ship and it crashes into the ocean. The Russians get the gate and they use it. And I guess after that ep the SGC gets the 1st gate back.
    On a later ep Anubis sends this beam thing to Earth's stargate. And it makes an overload in the SG. So Jack gets an X-302 (if I remember right, the only X-302 at the time) and sticks the gate to the bottom of it (or the top). Flys it out to space ejects and the Stargate blows up and that's the end of the 2nd Stargate.

Charizard_Fire_God said:
    -the 1st time they made it to Antartica b/c of an explosion during transition an' got to the 2nd gate they couldn't "dial" home b/c it was the same "star address", well then how on earth did they make it home through the gate in the Cheyenne Mt. Complex everytime they dialed home from another planet and never ended up in Antarctica until that blast?
    That's a good question. Here is what I think happened.
    To power a Stargate you got to have a DHD or some other power sorce (since the DHD also powers the Stargate). So the one in Antartica was almost out of power (it was Earth's first gate) or something. So that's why it never could get a lock on that gate. But in the ep where Jack and Carter got sent there, the energy had to go somewhere. So it got sent to the gate in Antartica.

Charizard_Fire_God said:
    -any explanations as to HOW that other SG made it there? There would be absolutely no use for 2 gates on the same planet so I'm guessing someone "dropped" it there?
    The gate in Antartica was lost to the Goa'uld. Ice all over it or something, they just couldn't get to it.
    So they took one from another planet and put it in Egypt. That's how there were two gates on Earth.

Charizard_Fire_God said:
    -didn't they have a "dialer" with the 2nd SG? what happened to it? They're still using those 15 supercomputers as substitutes for it... o.0
    Yea I know they had a DHD with the second SG. But after that ep I never seen it again. I guess they never got it to working or something. Because in that ep where Teal'c was stuck in the gate (the ep where Tanith got killed) the US had to get the Russians' DHD. They had that one from Antartica so they couldn't get it to work because they had to get the one from the Russians.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    At least some planets possess "secondary" or "backup" Stargates. The second Stargate is normally inactive, with the other Stargate receiving all incoming wormholes. If the originating Stargate receives a power surge while the wormhole is open, however, the wormhole can be made to "jump" to a different gate than the one originally dialed. Normally the wormhole jumps to the closest gate in the network, in the case of a planet with two gates this is the other, normally inactive gate, on that planet. On one occasion a Stargate was hit by an energy weapon as Stargate SG-1 team members returned to Earth through it, causing them to be transmitted to a second, previously unknown, gate on Earth that was located in the ice of Antarctica. The DHD is apparently responsible for determining whether a Stargate is set to receive incoming wormholes or not; the Russians were able to use their DHD to override the American Stargate's (Stargate Command) reception of incoming wormholes to retrieve their own returning Stargate exploration teams.
    Source: Wikipedia article on Stargates

Consider this a supplement to what Andrea-chan said.

Years
    Tch. Yeah it can be made ta jump... like in A matter of Time... I really couldn't understand how tha wormhole managed ta keep its stability through all that time/space distortion... an' the part with "why is the gate still active?" "it must be drawing power from the black hole itself" I really don't get, I think it was more 'bout tha time being slowed down which meant the wormhole would stay active for more than usual since black holes don't generate energy, they absorb it...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Oh, a bit of a strange topic but...
    Do you like Daniel with or without his glasses?

Me I think he looks better without them, like when he ascended he didn't have his glasses and when he was in that dream place with Replicator Carter he didn't have them. I just think it looks better without the glasses.

Years
    "IT looks better without the glasses"? LOL! Nice typo! XD
    Nah. I think he looks better with 'em. Tch, they make him look more nerdy! XD
    Yeah, he was without 'em in that ep when he was usin' a Goa'uld Sarcophagus(that also made him addicted to it XD), but nah, he just wasn't the same -- their his signature... along with that allergy of his. XD

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    THey seem to have backed off on the allergy thing in the last few series, but DJ should still have his glasses. NAd now in Season 9, he is going to have a beard. A BEARD!

Back