• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Stargate Fanclub

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Hello there. I'm joining this club, like it or not. :P

Welcome aboard to the club, sasuke-kun.

As for my opinions regarding the premieres of SG-1 and Atlantis, they're, for all intents and purposes, identical to Arcanine's. SG-1 was kinda boring, but it could've been worse. On the other hand, Atlantis was t3h r0xx0rs, so to say.

"I haven't been this disappointed since Daniel and I had sex." - Vala
    LoL. The SG-1 was definately a bit of a letdown, but it was funny cause of Vala.

"Let's make babies!"

The new guy leading SG1 doesn't seem that good. Odd replacement for Jack.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Welcome aboard, demonchaos916.

I know that Ben Browder's a rather odd replacement for Richard Dean Anderson, but the casting directors could've picked someone much worse. Claudia Black as Vala, however... Let's just say she r0xx0r3d Daniel's b0xx0rs. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    He is sort of an odd replacement for Jack. But in the last season Jack wasn't even on SG-1 anymore (worst move for SG-1, taking Jack off of SG-1 and making him the head of the SGC). And I think he's ok, he's better then I thought he would be so I'm happy. As of right now I'm liking Atlantis better. Maybe in the next ep of SG-1 we can get it to moving and might pull back some people to liking that more. But as of right now, SG-1 is dull and Atlantis is better.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Here's an odd piece of information related to Stargate:

In the Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode titled "Universal Remonster," Oglethorpe and Emory use a device that suspiciously resembles a Stargate to steal the Aqua Teens' cable. When Emory points out the similarity between the device and the Stargate, Oglethorpe says that the device is actually called a "Fargate" and is not a copy of the Stargate; Oglethorpe goes on to say that he's never seen Stargate or Stargate SG-1 (no reference to Atlantis is made, as "Universal Remonster" was produced before Stargate Atlantis first aired; the episode was first aired in 2003). Apparently, this "Fargate" is capable of two-way travel, unlike an actual Stargate. At the end of the episode, after paying Oglethorpe and Emory a visit, Frylock uses his TV to seal the Fargate (much like an iris), much to Shake's dismay.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Just a little off topic, but I found on gateworld that America will be getting Season 8 on Dvd in October, but Australia is getting it in August. I wonder how that works?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Maybe they messed up on the dates. O_o

And I wanted to see if any of you knew this or thought about it.
    Anyway me and my brother was talking about SG-1 the other day. And we was talking about how the Ancients came to earth and built the Stargates. And I know most of you (if not all) has seen the Antarctica episode where Sam and Jack gets stuck down there. Well since the Ancients built Stargates on earth and Atlantis was in Antarctica. That tells me the first Stargate made was the one in Antarctica (Sam even said it's one of the oldest gates). And as I said before, Anubis blew the Antarctic gate. Meaning, he destroyed the oldest gate ever made.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    There hasn't been much discussion regarding the new episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis, so yeah. Discuss, darn it! What are your opinions regarding the following:

1. The Ori
    2. Ronon Dex
    3. The continued presence of Vala
    4. Why Samantha's not there

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Only becuase they are considering season 9 as a new beginning am I looking past the new villians, the Ori. I am looking forward to seeing Ronon Dex, but sad to see Ford go. As for vala, well I havent seen any episodes of her at all, so thats that. And Amanda Tapping should be allowed some time off to have a baby, but she will always be welcome back.

Cant wait for the game to come out soon. And Season 8 is coming out in ten days. HOORaY!

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Wow, where are we?

I'm watching Season 8 right now, and I gotta say, it's the best season yet! Visual effects, stories, humour. It keeps getting better with time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Jack O'Neill said:
    There hasn't been much discussion regarding the new episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis, so yeah. Discuss, darn it! What are your opinions regarding the following:

1. The Ori
    2. Ronon Dex
    3. The continued presence of Vala
    4. Why Samantha's not there
    The Ori are...I dunno...

Ronin is okay. He hasn't done much so far IMO.

Samantha's back. Her hair looks all funky though.

Vala is gone now...I think. She got sucked through that singularity in today's episode to the Ori's galaxy. Whether they killed her or not, I dunno.

That huge Stargate that the Ori was trying to build was cool. And 3/4's of a solar system got blown up by Rodney. Big blue explosion!!! I'm still wondering if Ford is gonna play a major role in future episodes though. He seems like he's part-Wraith now so he could be useful...?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The Ori? Well, they needed SOMETHING to fill the void left by the Goa'uld and Replicators, so apparently evil ascended beings suited their purposes. Hallowed are the Ori. =P

Ronon Dex? He's cool, but, like Simon said, he hasn't really done anything for Sheppard and the others, and the few things he's done have brought upon some sort of reprimand, be it from Teyla or from Rodney ("Maybe when we're done tasting their porridge, maybe we'll try out their beds!" or something along the lines of that XD).

I'm kinda sad now that Vala's gone. Daniel no longer has a love interest! Pity him. (Daniel Jackson + Vala Mal Doran = <3)

At least Samantha's back, funky hairstyle notwithstanding. They should've brought Jack back as well; only then would the band, as Cameron so aptly put it, be fully back together.

Last night was a night full of really big explosions. First, there was the Mark IX nuke that had the unexpected effect of expanding the Ori force field. Second, there was the Ori mega-Stargate that Vala destroyed when she jammed a cargo ship in it. Third, and finally, Mr. Know-It-All (aka Rodney McKay) managed to vapourize an Ancient artifact, along with three-fourths of an entire solar system and a fleet of derelict Wraith ships, due mostly to his own arrogance.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    In the same vein as the Ori, who are evil ascended, I think that at the end of the next season, Anubis should return from his battle with Oma Desala (Threads, Season 8) and become the leader of the Ori. Imagine that, ultimate evil. How would SG1 get out of that?

And also, so many people want Apophis to come back. Even after his Replicator-infested Ha'tak crashed into Delmak, his new base, they still want him to come back. Imagine THAT, a Replicator version of Apophis. Man, would he be ticked off.
    Now I know some fans here may find something wrong with that theory, but I shall wait to see if anyone picks up on it before I defend my statement.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Anubis becoming the leader of the Ori? I don't even think he even knows of the Ori's existence, though that would be...interesting, to say the very least. Sure, it'll bring the wrath of Oma and the other ascended Ancients down on his head (and those of the Ori as well), but still...

As for the possibility of Replicator Apophis, there's something gravely wrong with that. The Ancient superweapon at Dakara destroyed all Replicators in the Milky Way, right? Not a single Replicator was left alive, which renders the mere possibility of Replicator Apophis' existence moot. The Replicators in the Asgard home galaxy are too busy battling the Asgard to even care about their now-dead buddies in the Milky Way.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'm happy Sam is back. Vala was just... I don't know, not right for SG-1. I'm just glad she's back on SG-1. Now all they need to do is promote her and make her head of SG-1 like she should be. XD
    And her Mark 9 nuke was... a big bomb. That thing had some power behind it.

And I loved that big Stargate, it just looked really good and they shouldn't have blown it up. XD

McKay needed something like that to happen to him. He thinks he knows everything (he even thought he knew more then the Ancients) and this should fix him a little.

Anubis being the leader of the Ori would be sweet, he would fit in there really well... then again Oma would fit in good too. Since she wants everyone to ascend (it's breaking a rule to help people below their level to ascend but she didn't stop) so she would fit in just right with the Ori. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Well, Anubis is or was (not sure, I never found out what happened to him) part Ancient. He would fit the role of the Ori's leader pretty well. He's certainly evil enough.

And it's TUESDAY. Sci-fi is showing the "best" episodes off Atlantis. The first episode of Season 2 is airing right now. *waits for the nuke*

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Arcanine said:
    Anubis being the leader of the Ori would be sweet, he would fit in there really well... then again Oma would fit in good too. Since she wants everyone to ascend (it's breaking a rule to help people below their level to ascend but she didn't stop) so she would fit in just right with the Ori. XD
    Oma Desala as leader of the Ori? I don't really think so. All Oma wants is people to learn how to ascend; she's not big on spreading Origin to the masses.

Anubis, on the other hand, would make the perfect Ori leader...once he gets over his egomania and accepts Origin. He is a Goa'uld, after all. =P

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    Well, Jack O'Neill (the member here, not the SG1 guy) picked up on my mistake, deliberate that it was. My thought is that if the planet Delmak did not have a Stargate, and I stress if heavily, the Replicators there would not have been effected by the Ancients super-weapon at Dakara, which was spread throughout the galaxy through the Stargates. Even so, some Replicators may have been too far away from a Stargate to be effected. The superweapon only had enough range to cover the planet and the surrounding space, which is why Carter had Ball help her by dialing all the gates in our galaxy at the same time (which was a really cool montage of previous Gate openings throughout the past eight years). Point amde, now I'm going to rest my fingers.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I thought I would get us started back up.
    So what did everyone think of today's eps?

SG-1 was kind of boring.

But Atlantis was strange, I mean John as a wraith type thing was strange. And he kissed Teyla. You know, I think they would make a cute couple, they should get hooked up. XD
    You know one is Ancient and one is Wraith (kind of, it's in their DNA). XD

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    In the sense that Teyla and Sheppard have Wraith and Ancient DNA respectively, they wouldnt 'hook up', so to speak, as the two races are enemies, with one trying to destroy the other. But still, one can hope.

Back