• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Student Chat Thread

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

Welcome to the Student Chat Thread!

Just a nice little idea I came up with to encourage a general chat about something which most of us can relate to. In this thread, you can talk about life as a student. Chat about teachers which are annoying you, work you're finding difficult, exams you've got coming up and things your friends (or otherwise!) are doing at school. You can vent about things that are irritating you or share your achievements with us, and learn about how schooling works in other countries. Or anything else about life as a student! Consider it a version of The Food Thread for education.

Notes

This is not the DCC! Education is a big topic in many of our lives which is why I made this thread separately. It's not a general chat thread; if you want to go off-topic, take it to the DCC or VMs.
    This isn't a homework help thread! If you need help, then you should ask your teachers or someone else in your class, not PC.
    The only topic in here is student life! Feel free to talk about something unrelated to the rest of the discussion, although please join in with it if possible. If it relates to being a student then it's fine in here.
    The 4 word / 25 character rule still applies! This is a chat thread but we still have global PC rules to follow.

Wahey!

Nihilego

Years
    Ugh exams. I've got them coming up through Janurary; two maths ones on the 14th and 20th, then a biology one on the 24th and a chemistry one on the 25th. And I'm as unprepared as ever. Just thinking about them makes me feel sick lol.

Years
    I started college again last wednesday, only to have to take thursday and friday off due to illness \o/ I'll probably have to explain that to my graphics teacher even though she personally phoned home asking where I was xD

I have an exam soon as well :< It's only a resit which I see no point in doing. For some reason I'm writing this one up instead of typing it so I'm pretty sure at some point before the two hour exam finishes my entire right arm will be burning in pain and I'll have to give up xD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'll be going back in the Spring so I count for this.

Gotta take stupid Career Studies again =A=

Teresa you're going back to school? Good for you!

School starts tomorrow for me. Normally I would be fine with this, but my freaking Registrar switched my schedule back to what it originally was. I had made one small little change...switched out of my monday 8AM class for one on friday. But no. I can't even have that. So I have to get up bright and early tomorrow, something I haven't done in a good three weeks... Here's to a good semester!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Hey Congrats Igiko for going back to school! :3 Hope everything sorts itself out well for you and you arent slammed with some crummy teachers..

;_; As for me.. I'm done school.. I may someyear take up ianimate or some other animation online mentor to improve specific skills when I have some monies floating around..

._. Otherwise it's careertime for me until I retire haha..~

Do any of you know yet what you want to major in when you get to college/uni.. (or if you're already in college/uni, what you are aiming to become?)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I want to major in Anthropology/Film/Move-Making/Something Camera related, and minor in English and Law. I'm getting a head start by going to a JC this year as opposed to finishing the last two, and in my opinion, pointless years of HS. I'm rather excited, tbh, for me getting out of HS and going to my JC. (:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I want to major in Anthropology/Film/Move-Making/Something Camera related, and minor in English and Law. I'm getting a head start by going to a JC this year as opposed to finishing the last two, and in my opinion, pointless years of HS. I'm rather excited, tbh, for me getting out of HS and going to my JC. (:

As a Film & Television Production student, I highly vouch to strive for that. It's a lot of fun, and great if you can easily work with a team of people.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Holidays for me. 6 weeks, but 2 weeks are already gone. year 10 this year, first year of senior school. Not nervous, but just a bit apprehensive of the unknown. But I think I am pretty well prepared. :3

Since I want to become a doctor, I've chosen chemistry, but through an accelaration program letting me study year 11 chemistry in year 10 and then so on througout the years of senior highschool until year 12 where I have a free slot for another subject which i can study to do whatever I choose. (probably biology) since year 11 chemistry counts as two subjects.

Years
    Since I have graduated, does this mean I can't post in here? *Sobs at being an adult*

I loved being a student, it is seriously the best part of your life. You all might moan at homework/coursework/exams, (I did when I was a student) but it is a lot better than full time work, trust me! XD​

Years
    I'm probably the youngest to be posting in this thread since it's starting... I'm only a high school junior, and I plan to major in IT if I can rebound my grades. My junior year has been another one of those "FML" years like how I was in 8th grade, yet coincidently, in both situations, the year prior (both my 7th grade and high school sophomore years) were excellent for me.

Years
    I applied to universities before I broke up for Christmas. The majority of courses I applied for are based on teaching at a secondary/primary level but I also applied for an ICT course as well just in case I change my mind at some point.
    So far I've got an offer for an ICT course and an interview for a secondary teaching course which is coming up soon. I hope I get a few more replies soon though, I really like the look of birmingham universities couse.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I haven't applied for college yet but I know one school that I'm really looking forward too. I wanted to get into filming so that I can do video Editing. I was debating either to go for UCF or Full Sail. Full Sail was the one that got me more interested since UCF doesn't really focus on film. I'm going to be applying this month. I can't believe I'll be getting out of high school. I enjoyed my time in high school, has a lot of friends in my academy. It'll be sad to leave my old friends and my teachers once I leave in June.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "This isn't a homework help thread" I am disappointed. PC needs a homework help thread! It'd be so amazing... :[

...but I'm going back to school full time after a year and a half next Wednesday for the spring semester! yayaya

I'll be going back in the Spring so I count for this.

Gotta take stupid Career Studies again =A=

yayaya partners in crime going back at the same time hi-five!!!

Years
    I got two important exams back today: English and Biology. my initial feelings were that English was far worse than usual and Biology not too bad, turned out I was wrong in both cases and have 13/15 points in English (I don't know if that was the best, but I'm certainly part of the top 2 or 3 with that) and 4/15 in Biology. The latter might get me in trouble, should my oral grade not have remained at 6/15 as the maxinum number of semesters of the last 2 years of school you can have grades ranging from 1 to 4 points is limited (and with 0, you're screwed instantly).

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmmm today school started for me again, but the teachers were on strike (lol) so a couple of classes were cancelled, fortunately. But this is gonna be a haarddd year for me.

Nihilego

Years
    First full day back. Learned absolutely nothing and I might as well have not gone to any lessons, lol. I spent most of the day playing football or doing practice maths exam papers for Friday. ~_~

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm actually sitting my school's library, killing time and charging my laptop before my tutorial in about forty minutes. My first day back was actually last Tuesday, and I guess school's been okay so far. Nothing special, just meh-worthy.

I stepped foot on campus today and already wanted to go back home and back to bed. I guess I still have some lingering post-Christmas depression mixed with the Monday blues. :(

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    First day back...brutal as hell. I've never been so appreciative of caffeine. After three weeks straight of going to bed at 4 and waking up at 2, I had to wake up at 7AM. I could barely pay attention in my first class from 8 to 11. Came home, ate lunch, stocked back up on caffeine and went for my second lecture from noon to 3. Thank goodness class only starts at 11 tomorrow.

Brewing another cup as I'm typing this post lol.

Back