• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Student Chat Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I have alll A's and then a D in P.E. and Algebra 2. Algebra 2 is low because for whatever reason I'm bombing all the tests :'(. Or maybe my P.E. grade is an F now... I stopped caring when it became a D for no reason... :s

My spring semester starts... the 23rd I think. Right before that I have my finals.... totally stoked for that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    You get graded in PE? Lol, good thing I don't take it. I'd be failing. xD

Right now I've got all A's except for an 87 in biology. D: But at least I'm doing really well in all of my business classes, which are the only ones I really care about. I just kinda stopped caring about the others since I've been so stressed out recently. D:

Years
    I enjoyed PE at secondary/high school.
    Football, rugby, running and weights were fun! :D
    We always use to see who could lift the most on the weight machines! I remember lifting 80KG and being like TEH BOSS! XD

I was only like, 15 though.​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years

I enjoyed PE at secondary/high school.

Football, rugby, running and weights were fun! :D
    We always use to see who could lift the most on the weight machines! I remember lifting 80KG and being like TEH BOSS! XD

I was only like, 15 though.
    Ugh I hated PE.
    Though I do enjoy raquet sports, but weights, activities and others just were boring to me. The only reason if I had to forage for a reason that it was good, was probably you could relax in our sports uniform. But other than that, nope. I prefer theory. Like human body/anatomy.

Edit: OH! Aaaand, it got especially uncomfortable when I had to change in front of classmates who when changing stripped into their underwear.

PS; I wore mine underneath.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hated PE too, since I never was strong physically and had bum knees to boot (I still do though those episodes are less frequent). We got a grade for it too but it was more of an "effort" thing... as long as you put in the effort you got a good grade regardless of how bad you actually sucked at it. That was good... at least my poor physical condition didn't mess up my otherwise sterling GPA *that* badly.

Oddly enough, sometimes gym class would entail trips to the local mini-golf course or bowling alley (both of which have since been closed down). Which might have been because the school was renovating and the athletic fields were filled with construction equipment and debris.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I LOVED P.E.

Especially when I could go an entire class without the teacher realizing I was leaning against the wall with a group of people.

I don't need P.E. anyway, I weigh 98lbs, and have excellent cardio, and that's all I need.

Years
    PE for me was kinda a love hate sort of thing. I loved it when we went out to the athletics ground and just did basic athletics like long jump and long distance running because I was good at it :3 I got asked if I wanted to train at Stretford athletics club once during sports day while I was doing long jump xD Apparently my record still stands at the school :3. But since my PE teachers had little to no back bone they always caved into everyones demands to just play football or to go in the gym where either way I'd just end up standing around talking. Just in the gym I was a lot warmer.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I LOVED P.E.

Especially when I could go an entire class without the teacher realizing I was leaning against the wall with a group of people.

I don't need P.E. anyway, I weigh 98lbs, and have excellent cardio, and that's all I need.

I wish in PE they'd teach you more about like.. how the muscles actually work in your body rather than just doing sports. Learning about muscle fitness, core muscles, posture, and overall physical health would've been much more interesting to me coupled with the exercises that strengthen those muscles. Learning about physiotherapy is much more beneficial IMO.

PE is where they also taught us about Sex Ed. Did anyone else have it that way, too?

Years
    I wish in PE they'd teach you more about like.. how the muscles actually work in your body rather than just doing sports. Learning about muscle fitness, core muscles, posture, and overall physical health would've been much more interesting to me coupled with the exercises that strengthen those muscles. Learning about physiotherapy is much more beneficial IMO.

PE is where they also taught us about Sex Ed. Did anyone else have it that way, too?

I had to do theory in my GCSE PE actually, we had to learn about stuff like injuries and muscles and how they work and stuff. We also had to learn about different methods of training which weren't as interesting but still, sounds like what you were on about x]

@ other question
    No, my sex ed was grouped in with science. I didn't do it though, the day we went over sex ed in my class was the day my school chose to show us how the lockers worked xD Thanks to smutty kids in primary school though everyone already knew xD

Years
    I'd say my freshman year was a turning point in me getting physically active.. during my sophomore year, my PE teacher from the year before noticed that I had lost a bit of weight when I came back from summer vacay.. he was flabbergasted because during the course of me taking his PE class (which was mandatory for me), I was probably one of his most inactive students of the class.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I love PE. I jut hate the policy my teacher has and having to dress down and chase after a ball that 20 other kids are closer too. It's also a minutes based class and I fell off a roof and had to take like 2 weeks off from p.e. .

Chemistry on the hand.... Is a lab based class at my school and everything is about working up to the labs and understanding why what happened happened. A very awesome class. We were burning magnesium and playing with hydrochloride acid today, aha.[/SIZE]

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Good thread idea :)
    I see that almost everybody have exam these days... Next week I have my first Mock Baccalaureat Exam (the written French part), and just the day after I have History-Geographia... I need to revise too many things :pink_no: That's stressful !
    By the way, there's a thing I don't understand. Is "PE" a mix between sports and sciences? Oo I was surprised to see that some of you studied Sex Education in the same class that where you make sport...
    Otherwise, I pretty like sports at school, it's funny to be in team with other pupils, that creates affinities.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I hated gym class and never did well in it because I was this little fat kid who didn't want to put any effort into getting any sort of physical exercise whatsoever. In fact, I had "exercise induced asthma" (although looking back, I think it was just me being vastly overweight and out of shape) and used to pretend it was worse than it actually was to get out of running. I know, it's horrible, but I was young. :x

I didn't end up getting physically active and in shape until I left high school, as a matter of fact. Now, I love going to the gym. XD Funny how that works.

Sex Ed was so awkward in elementary school because we could tell our teachers were uncomfortable teaching it so it didn't create a very comforting learning environment for such a subject. In high school, it was grouped with gym and our gym classes were single-sex classes, so I was only with girls. It was so much less awkward, not because it was all girls, but because the teachers didn't make it awkward at all.

Thank god I only had to do gym up to grade nine, though.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I go back to university next Wednedsay and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to be taking artificial intelligence and I think that's going to be a really fun class to study. :)

PE for me was soley physical education -- ie. learning about sports/playing football, etc., and sex education was part of a general studies class we had every so often. For the life of me, I can't remember what the class was called though.

Years
    By the way, there's a thing I don't understand. Is "PE" a mix between sports and sciences? Oo I was surprised to see that some of you studied Sex Education in the same class that where you make sport...
    Well PE stands for Physical Education so it kinda fits being grouped together :3

PE for me was soley physical education -- ie. learning about sports/playing football, etc., and sex education was part of a general studies class we had every so often. For the life of me, I can't remember what the class was called though.
    I use to do something like that, it was called PSHE and we only ever did it like once a year. It was such a weird class, it took up the entire day.

Years
    PE in middle school blows. You learn how to play sports you don't care about, and don't even get me started on running the mile.

We had a whole seperate Sex Ed class in eighth grade. That subject is awkward enough for me, but one day we had to roleplay about getting out of situations we weren't comfortable in. Yeah, you can imagine how that went.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I always thought PE was fun tbh. We got to do a load of random sports which seemed to change every lesson, lol. Never learned a thing but it was definitely enjoyable.

As for Sex Ed, I like, never really had it lol. But I still got the general idea from other people. Probably not the right ideas but they were good enough! I kinda wish I had got it tho. At that age it would've been hilarious.

Back