• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
  • Though probably never ever used, Arcanine is a good counter to it most of the time. Intimidate, instant fire threat, good bulk, just be careful of SR. Sadly, Arcanine is never used in OU. Still, nice to throw it out there.

Honestly, Scizor is nowhere Uber. It DOES have counters, it DOES have checks, and it can't single-handedly decimate the metagame. Sure, it can make a big impact in it, but it can't 2HKO everything. Rotom is popular and handles most Scizor well, Zapdos makes it have no hope at all, Heatran just laughs at STABs (Though Superpower = big problem)...no way is it Uber. U-Turn is aggravating, but it can't use it EVERY time. I guess I forgot to mention that Magnezone can trap CB versions caught in Bullet Punch or Pursuit and win everytime.

If it U-Turns, something else is going to take hazard damage, so I assume using at least Stealth Rock or Spikes on your team (if you can handle non SR-weak Pokemon vs. handling flying/levitating Pokemon) helps wear the team down and use U-Turn against themselves.

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
    Years
  • Rattata owns Salamance and Scizor. You can't deny it.

Cheese (Rattata)@ Focus Sash
    Adamant, 0 EV's, Lv.1.
    Endauver(I'm sure I didnt Spell that right.)
    Quick Attack
    -----------
    -----------

Works every time.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Except Scizor has a priority move and is actually faster than Rattata? Enduaver (sp???????) will bring it down to 1 HP, and it's over for it. Also obligatory "SR lols at focus sash".

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
    Years
  • Except Scizor has a priority move and is actually faster than Rattata? Enduaver (sp???????) will bring it down to 1 HP, and it's over for it. Also obligatory "SR lols at focus sash".
    Okay, Then Rattata owns Salamance and every other pokemon that doesnt have a priority move.
    I use it, it acually works. :O
    EDIT: Focus Sash lols at SR. You know it's true. You can't hide Rattata's awesomeness.

Years
  • Okay, Then Rattata owns Salamance and every other pokemon that doesnt have a priority move.
    I use it, it acually works. :O
    EDIT: Focus Sash lols at SR. You know it's true. You can't hide Rattata's awesomeness.
    Sorry. Not funny.

Alakazam in UU, eh? That might make me get back into UU.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    With Np Mismag and Zam in uu id like to see more trapper Skuntank usage.

Skuntank @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Aftermath
    EVs: 252 At / 16 Spe / 240 Sp Def
    -Taunt
    -Sucker Punch
    -Poison Jab / Toxic
    -Pursuit

= Hot.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ah but its base hp makes up for it's lacking defenses.

To give some examples of how well that set takes hits, LO Gengar cant 2hko it and even with SR up it only has a 5.39% chance to 2hko and NP Azelf LO Flamethrower does 74.15% max. So checking Zam and Mismagius is very realistic. =P

Drapion can also do a similar thing but no sucker punch is a huge turn off.

Its not my set anyway, i forgot who made it but it came about when the old NU server was up (Skuntank was #1 in usage) and it was made to keep offensive mosters in check like Specs Gardy etc. Trapper Skuntank was also used as a stall breaker to eliminate Dusclops and other walls with ease.

Regardless i dont think zam will be broken by any means, there are just too many Absol's, Honchkrow's and Chanseys/Registeels of this world and heck now Umbreon is UU too Zam is gonna have a hard time sweeping. Priority is also rife in addition.

Im more curious to see what Rhyperior is going to do in all honesty, offense just got a MAJOR tool to smash things and defense also got boosted because Honchkrow finally got a 100% counter which could affect him too because people said Krow was broken so yeah we'll see.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I can see Rhyperior causing absolute chaos in UU, granted it doesn't get the Sp Defense boost from Sandstorm anymore, but what the hell can take hits consistently from the CB set? :O

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I can see Rhyperior causing absolute chaos in UU, granted it doesn't get the Sp Defense boost from Sandstorm anymore, but what the hell can take hits consistently from the CB set? :O

Use Hippopotas 4 suicide lead LOL.

And Milotic is about the best counter mainly because it can switch in and outspeed it even with no speed ev's vs max speed Rhyperior...lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Anyone played on the suspect ladder yet? lol, it's a lot of fun. Garchomp, Latias, and Manaphy are all on basically every team. Meanwhile, many of the top OU Pokemon I have yet to see on a single team, with the exception of Tyranitar who sets Garchomp up with Sand Stream and Pursuiting Latias. Metagross is also common for its capabilities as a lead and its good typing. Everything else though I haven't seen much of. Salamence is basically never used and Scizor hasn't been used much, but I bet that it's only a matter of time before it shows up much more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I guess I will just try my usual OU team on there ( testing it if it can take on some suspect pokemon , Mainly Garchomp ).

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • I had no idea that Anti (let alone anyone) could dominate a period...I'll pass some Playtex your way Anti to help ya out. ;D

I really do think moving Rhyperior down to UU is for the better. :/ I mean as DA stated, there's a lot of bonuses that appear because of him, and hardly anything that is game-breaking. >.< I'm so gonna make a UU team with him in it now.

And I find it funny that Hippopotas is so high on UU lead usage just because of sand stream. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Yeah, the team Anti and I made has been pretty much destroying most things on the ladder. Not going to reveal any team members, but our unconvential use of Garchomp has secured me the most wins in the matches I've had :D I love this metagame.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've been testing CB Rhyperior on the ladder a bit and it easily 2HKOs everything, if not an easy OHKO. Aqua Tail is great for easing prediction, and it takes neutral physical attacks like a beast \o/

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • And Rhysuperior being UU will only make the little hippo increase in use. We'll all miss the days it "supposedly" countered Gyara, but we'll adapt.

Honestly, Rhyperior in UU has my interest perked and I really want to try it sometime, but only when our server comes up *doesn't want to go over to Smogon because I do not adapt with the Pokepublic well*

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    LOL We've all made good teams huh ?

I made a UU stall team and its doing REALLY well (using an alt), i too am using unconventional sets and they catches alot of people off guard and people said stall was impossible in UU now....lol

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm not going UU yet, but I am almost finished with a suspect team, and hopefully ladder some with it. \o/ Garchomp is definitely not wrecking this team haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back