• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Turia Region - Science vs Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
  • The wind glided through Oli's hair as he made his way to the ship. His Noctowl was flying as fast as he could and the area around them was zooming past, almost in a blur.

"I had a feeling this would happen," Oli said shaking his head.

Olivander had missed the departure of the S.S. Aqua from the Olivine City Port. So he was on his way to the ship through the air. The blueish-green water below passed under them and many water-based Pokemon continued on through their daily routines. The ship was in Oli's sight and he was preparing his landing.

"Hey buddy, you ready for a flashy enterance," he said to Noctowl.

His large owl Pokemon responded with a happy hoot and finally hovered above the main deck. Oli noticed a battle beginning to brew and knew this was an opportunity to learn about the fellow trainers and researchers that were going to be on this trip. Oli hopped off of Noctowl and landed calmly on the deck near the combatants. He recalled his Noctowl and looked for any surprised faces.

"This should be promising," he said to himself as the two focused trainers prepared their first move.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Ellinas: I knew what you meant.

"The name is Raikon Lance." he turned to her and smiled. "And I always like to battle. You set the rules." he declared and moved his hand to his pokeballs. (ooc: You know, the ones on his belt, not that other ones xP) He was very eager to battle, and looked thrilled at Celia, awaiting her first pokemon.

Celia was ready. "OK, so, how about we do 1-on-1? The first with 3 down will win. I would do a full battle, but I don't know how far we are from the island. You can switch at any point in the battle," Celia explained. This kid looks tough, Celia said. She was losing a bit of her confidence. "All right, Raikon. Let's begin," Celia said as she reached down for her Pokeball. "Hitmonchan, go," she said. Appearing out of a white flash was a tall, brown fighter.

Ellinas: Bring it on.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
    Years
  • "Hitmonchan, go," she said. Appearing out of a white flash was a tall, brown fighter.

"Very well. A fighter will meet a fighter. Go Justice!" He threw his pokeball and out came a red bug of steel. It's clearly a Scizor. "Let's make this quick! Metal Claw!" Scizor isn't as fast as a Scyther, but still, this one isn't slow either and it quickly approches Hitmonchan recklessly.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • ((Man... I'm really rusty))

While Getsumei was waiting for the two trainers to begin their match, he noticed Kokushu turning the other way, looking towards the sky in a curious manner. Raising a brow, the white haired bloke uttered a brief "What's up?" before turning his head to see for himself.

Just as the young man did so, a person came falling from the sky, landing not far from him with a heavy thud. The mysterious newcomer, who was almost as tall as himself and wearing a black hoodie, which managed to keep his face hidden from Getsumei's point of view, quickly got the boy onto his feet, his right hand stuffed deep inside the shadows of his jacket, clutching a poké-ball. Kokushu too, was alert, and had placed himself at Getsumei's side, ready to attack on his master's orders.

"Yo, sky boy," the white haired youth started, while he studied the mysterious figure from top to bottom and back to the top. "Care to identify yourself?"

Getsumei's eyes did not waver from the newcomer, his fingers not once loosening the grip on the poké-ball in his hand. For what he knew, this guy could be a Pokémon thief, a terrorist, or something worse, and he wasn't going to take any chances.

Down below he could hear that the fight had started, everyone apparently oblivious to the arrival of a new passenger…

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    Penny made her way through the forest, on her way to the desert area. Cancayza, who had been let out of her "cozy" pokeball, was now following her leader, and dear friend. It was already getting hotter, meaning nearer the desert. Cancayza was smiling. "Hipo-hipo... Tas!" she said. Penny giggled, happy that the little thing was content. As the two closer to a dry light, their objective became in reach...

Penny was sweating. She had taken off her top, and twirled it around her head to keep cool. She was wearing a bra, of course. She had pulled up her jeans too, now more like knickers. Cancayza was having fun, digging around in the sand. The pair were getting closer to the Trapinch's usual habitat.
    Penny stopped, and gazed up into the sky. Two Fearow were obviously misplaced, flying above the Trapinch. "They're preying on the Trapinch! Thats it!" Penny said. She started jogging towards the two airborne predators. When she reached the spot, Cancayza popped out of the sand in front of her.

"OK, are you ready to pick of those Fearow?" Penny asked. Cancayza nodded. "Cazzy, let's go!" She shouted, and threw a rock at one of the Fearow...

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • After a few moments after his abrupt enterance, a guy with white hair and a green jacket asked, "Yo, sky boy, care to identify yourself?"

"Oh, sorry man...did not mean to startle you, Oli said with a quick grin. The names Olivander."

Oli eyed the guy down and he was a few inches taller than himself. Dark clothes and green eyes were also caught in his eyesight.

"And who might you be?" Oli asked calmly, turning his gaze towards the battle.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • "Startle wouldn't be the word," Getsumei said in response to the comment. "It's just that people don't usually drop out of the sky all of a sudden."

While the newcomer had at least given a name to go by, Getsumei was still on guard. A name was easy enough to fake, though the lack of open hostility caused the youth to release the grip on the pokéball, his hand instead closing around his pokedex.

"The name's Getsumei Gijouhei," he then said, as he opened the strange looking pokedex, which had clearly undergone some massive modification. When the boy held out the device towards the person, a picture appeared on the display, which also gave off basic information, proving that Getsumei was legitimate.

"I suppose you've got one of these?" he then said, returning the pokedex to an unseen pocket within his coat. "If you do, I'd like to see it. Just to be sure you're not someone suspicious. And after that you can maybe explain to me why you're here."

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • "Startle wouldn't be the word, it's just that people don't usually drop out of the sky all of a sudden," the young man said in responce. He seemed to still be on edge a bit as he reached for something in his pocket.

"The name's Getsumei Gijouhei," he said as he pulled out an odd looking pokedex that explained who Getsumei was and where he came from.

"I suppose you've got one of these?" he then said, returning the pokedex to an unseen pocket within his coat. "If you do, I'd like to see it. Just to be sure you're not someone suspicious. And after that you can maybe explain to me why you're here."

"Nice to meet you Getsumei and here is my pokedex," Oli said a bit coldly not like being called suspicious. His intimidating look must have been shown as he landed. After his new acquaintance heard Oli's basic information, Oli returned his pokedex to the pocket of his skinny's.

"And for why I just appeared, I missed the departure of the ship and decided to fly onto it. I'm on my way to that new region to grow a bit stronger, and maybe find a new partner or two," Oli explained. He was not going to explain his true reason, his trust issues still highly in effect.
    "How about yourself Getsumei?" Oli asked with a bit of coldness in his voice.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • ((OOC: Oops, I'm late :P. I'll also be missing from tomorrow afternoon to sunday, so I'll go wherever the other researchers go from the boat and then just improvise!))

Drake stood at the bow of the ship, clinging to the guard rail with intensity. The sea spray felt soft on his skin, the wind brushed gently through his shaggy mop of hair. His knuckles were white from his grip on the rail as he stared at the shore of Turia. He had heard rumors that the hooded man was here.

"You can't run forever," Drake mumbled to himself. "I will find you." Out of habit he rubbed the handle of the short shovel strapped on his back. It felt rough under his touch from use. The wood was scratched and the head of the shovel was dented, but it was Drake's most precious possesion, although it was one of the few he had. It felt like him, dirty, strong, and built for a purpose.

He was coming to the new region as part of a research team. He had survived for six years on his own, he could handle whatever this region had, so long as he had the opportunity to move through the region quickly and effectively. He whipped out a Pokeball, and in a crimson flash his Flygon has appeared. "Aether, you've been with me for a long time. It's another adventure, and I sure as hell hope we're ready for it."

Sound echoed from along the boat, a crowd had started to gather. Drake and Flygon both looked over and saw two trainers facing off, one with a Hitmonchan and one with a Scizor. He had a silent cheer for the Hitmonchan, it was an old favorite of his. He jogged over, Aether floating lazily beside his on the ocean breeze. He poked his head over a couple of people to get a better view. It was a girl and a boy facing off, the girl having the Hitmonchan. He decided to try talking to the girl after, it would be nice to get to know someone in the area, especially someone capable.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • "Hitmonchan, go," she said. Appearing out of a white flash was a tall, brown fighter.

"Very well. A fighter will meet a fighter. Go Justice!" He threw his pokeball and out came a red bug of steel. It's clearly a Scizor. "Let's make this quick! Metal Claw!" Scizor isn't as fast as a Scyther, but still, this one isn't slow either and it quickly approches Hitmonchan recklessly.

"Hitmonchan, use Fire Punch! Go!" Celia said. Hitmonchan moved forward onto the Scizor. Very good! Celia thought to herself. She thought she had the advantage. The fire punch fought back the metal claw and hit Scizor pretty hard. I don't please my opponent, Celia thought triumphantly.

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
  • Izaak stood watching the battle unfold. Hahaha seems like theres some competition. He looked over and noticed the crowd starting to grow, his gaze seemed to leap over to the man with the Bibarel.

"Hey! Interesting battle huh?" Izaak asked the man. Immediately turning back to the action of the battle.

Enilias

Years
  • Raikon smiled, as Scizor didn't take the hit well. He knew it gets angry than. Scizor flew up a bit and moved back. "Start it Scizor!" Scizor began to flap his wings, causing a strong wind. "Ready or not, here it comes! Razor Wind!" Scizor striked in the air, and the wind seemed to carry his strikes on to Hitmonchan.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Raikon smiled, as Scizor didn't take the hit well. He knew it gets angry than. Scizor flew up a bit and moved back. "Start it Scizor!" Scizor began to flap his wings, causing a strong wind. "Ready or not, here it comes! Razor Wind!" Scizor striked in the air, and the wind seemed to carry his strikes on to Hitmonchan.

Oh crud, Celia thought. I must act quickly. "Basketball defensive maneuver and then fire another Fire Punch!" Celia ordered. She was fired up now, because Scizor was pretty badly scratched. Also, she was now really energetic because they were in a heated game. Celia was always pumped for any competition. So, of course her energy was here. Hitmonchan was just as pumped as Celia, and he moved to the right, scarred with a blow of wind, recovering a bit, not as strong as before, and fired a Fire Punch. Give it up, Raikon. I've won this round.

Enilias

Years
  • Raikon saw that it couldn't be done by Scizor. Fire Punch just hurt it so badly, that close-range is impossible. "Justice! Move back!", but Scizor's honor was really scratched here. Instead of doing it the defensive way, it stopped his razor wind and rushed at Hitmonchan at full speed with Metal Claw again. Not this again. Scizor did hit quite good, but Hitmonchan's Fire Punch was too much for it. Scizor went down, it fighted and wanted to stand up, but it couldn't. Raikon sighed. Why do you always put up a show? "Justice just always likes to put up a Melee Fight. His ego is to big to just retreat from "real" combat." Scizor almost went up again, but it fell down before it got on it's knees. "Stop this already." said Raikon and called it back. Maybe she goes with another fighting type? I'm sure I can get her that way.

"Show her what you've got! Go Hammer!" out came an Aggron. It roared as it came out and stomped with his feet. Raikon smiled. Very good Hammer.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Raikon saw that it couldn't be done by Scizor. Fire Punch just hurt it so badly, that close-range is impossible. "Justice! Move back!", but Scizor's honor was really scratched here. Instead of doing it the defensive way, it stopped his razor wind and rushed at Hitmonchan at full speed with Metal Claw again. Not this again. Scizor did hit quite good, but Hitmonchan's Fire Punch was too much for it. Scizor went down, it fighted and wanted to stand up, but it couldn't. Raikon sighed. Why do you always put up a show? "Justice just always likes to put up a Melee Fight. His ego is to big to just retreat from "real" combat." Scizor almost went up again, but it fell down before it got on it's knees. "Stop this already." said Raikon and called it back. Maybe she goes with another fighting type? I'm sure I can get her that way.

"Show her what you've got! Go Hammer!" out came an Aggron. It roared as it came out and stomped with his feet. Raikon smiled. Very good Hammer.

Really? You go with a steel type? I'll just do a Vacuum Wave or Fire Punch and bust you, Celia thought. She knew her stuff. "Hitmonchan, Vacuum Wave," commanded Celia. Hitmonchan launched forward.

Enilias

Years
  • Really? You go with a steel type? I'll just do a Vacuum Wave or Fire Punch and bust you, Celia thought. She knew her stuff. "Hitmonchan, Vacuum Wave," commanded Celia. Hitmonchan launched forward.

Raikon smiled. Everyone thinks Hammer is just a fat slow monster that hits hard. "Hammer, wait until it's close!" Hitmonchan came closer and closer, than Raikon lowered his hand. "Aerial Ace!" he commanded, and Hammer striked downwards with his horn. It came so fast, that Hitmonchan couldn't possibly have evaded it. (ooc: or so do the games suggest, anyways, decide the success IM)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: Nyeh, fail post :P)

Julianne wandered toward a small house just outside of the Docklands, which had a carefully tended berry garden surrounded by a quaint picket fence. Smiling, Julianne knelt down in the grass, picking a few flowers that she hoped would aid her cause. She tucked them into her basket and began running toward the house, knocking firmly on the door and attempting to look as cute as possible. An elderly woman opened the door, staring at Julianne as if unimpressed by her act. Her gray hair was swept up in a tight bun and her emerald eyes were lined with wrinkles gained from years of working in the sun.

"And just what do you want?" the woman snapped.

"I... gathered the things you asked me to, Ms. Tanner," Julianne said, holding out the basket to her.

"You found all the berries I asked for?" she asked doubtfully, raising an eyebrow.

Julianne nodded.

"Well, then by all means come in," Ms. Tanner said, throwing the door open all the way and turning around to disappear back inside.

Julianne hurried after her, carefully closing the door behind her. The two eventually ended up in a small room with a plain wooden table and chair facing a window that overlooked the ocean. Drying berries and herbs hung from the ceiling, tainting the air with a strange mixture of flavors. The woman sat down at the table, looking up at Julianne with a frown.

"Well don't just stand there! Let me see what you have," she ordered.

Julianne nodded and placed every item from her basket onto the table gingerly, sorting them into groups in accordance to their types. Ms. Tanner furrowed her eyebrows and picked them up one by one, looking them over carefully.

"Not bad, not bad," Ms. Tanner muttered, then looked back up at Julianne. "Where did you find all of these?"

"I, uh, have all the locations written down in here," Julianne said, swinging off her backpack and pulling out a dark purple notebook. "I also wrote down where I found certain Pokemon and whatever else I saw at the time."

"Hmm... Well I suppose that it doesn't really matter where they came from now that I have the berries themselves," Ms. Tanner said. "Thank you, Miss Ashwood."

"Well... You're welcome," Julianne muttered, putting her book back into her backpack. "But do you think it would be at all possible for me to get some more supplies?"

"Oh? Do you have any money?"

"Well, no. But I thought that these berries might count for a little bit... Or is there any other work that you'd like me to do? Work in the garden?"

"I just tended it."

"Well... I guess I'll just have to find a job, then," Julianne muttered. Or go back to Sinnoh...

"Just come with me, Julianne," Ms. Tanner said with a laugh.

Julianne frowned but didn't say anything, obediently following the woman as she exited her home, locking the door behind her. They walked toward the Docklands in silence until they arrived at a little shop near the docks. Ms. Tanner took out her keys and unlocked the door, stepping into the semidarkness. She flicked on the light switch as Julianne stepped inside. Items of all sorts lined the shelves, ranging from PokeBalls to flour, but Ms. Tanner was already standing by Julianne's side with an envelope.

"Your mother sent this with an arrival for you just after you left to get those berries," Ms. Tanner said with a smile, holding the envelope out to her. "It's the rest of the earnings from your battles."

"Oh really?" Julianne asked, her eyes lighting up as she reached out and took it. "Did mother send a letter as well?"

Ms. Tanner nodded. Julianne carefully opened the envelope and slid out the piece of paper with her mother's neat penmanship on it and held out the rest for her to take back.

"Here," Julianne said. "Just take out whatever the supplies I need cost.

"No, you should take a little bit of this as well," Ms. Tanner said with a laugh, reaching in and taking out a few bills. "You never know what might happen out there. And speaking of which, we should probably get you some supplies again, though the berries you collected do count for some of it."

The two went around the store and picked several items off the shelves, placing them in Julianne's backpack.

"Thank you," Julianne said with a smile. "You have no idea how much I needed this."

"Speaking of which, how are you planning on traversing the region if you are in such constant need of supplies? Should you have some ability to survive on your own?"

"Well, I was kind of hoping to be able to have toothpaste for as long as possible..."

"Ah, I understand that one."

"But I do know the basics of survival. The... very basics."

"Here," Ms. Tanner said, going behind the front desk and kneeling down behind it, reappearing with a small box in her hands. "This is a survival kit. It has everything that you need to, obviously, survive, besides shelter of course. Now I suggest that you get going if you were planning on still heading out today, otherwise you won't have a whole lot of traveling time."

Julianne took the box and thanked her, pausing before she exited the store.

"What is that other settlement that's near the docklands?" Julianne asked, turing back to face Ms. Tanner with a frown. "It doesn't really look like a town, and it's kind of strange to have two settlements so close together when there aren't any anywhere else."

"You didn't go near it, did you?" Ms. Tanner asked, suddenly white.

"No I was flying over on Staraptor and I saw it. I don't think I was that close..."

"Good," the woman snapped. "Don't go near that place. Never ever. Now go so that I can get back to work."

Slightly stunned, Julianne simply nodded mutely and slid out of the store. She thought about the other settlement as she walked toward the docks, but she soon became absorbed with other thoughts as she sat down in the grass near the docks. She had heard that there was a boat with new arrivals on them coming, and Julianne was admittedly curious about who those people would be. Julianne took out her mother's letter and read it as she waited.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Really? You go with a steel type? I'll just do a Vacuum Wave or Fire Punch and bust you, Celia thought. She knew her stuff. "Hitmonchan, Vacuum Wave," commanded Celia. Hitmonchan launched forward.

Raikon smiled. Everyone thinks Hammer is just a fat slow monster that hits hard. "Hammer, wait until it's close!" Hitmonchan came closer and closer, than Raikon lowered his hand. "Aerial Ace!" he commanded, and Hammer striked downwards with his horn. It came so fast, that Hitmonchan couldn't possibly have evaded it. (ooc: or so do the games suggest, anyways, decide the success IM)

Hitmonchan fell hard to the ground. I underestimated this kid. Hitmonchan got up, but he was struggling. "Hitmonchan, return," Celia said. "You're a decent battler," she said to Raikon. "But, can you handle this? Go, Garchomp!" Celia said. The blue beast came out of his ball. "Use Earthquake!" Celia said. Garchomp smashed the ground really hard. No way Aggron was going to miss this.

Getsumei

The Avatar of the Beaver
    Years
  • "Very well, sorry for being all interrogative," said Getsumei, after he had been shown proof of Olivander being a legitimate trainer. "But I'm sure you understand, right? You DID just drop down here from out of nowhere. What should I have been if not suspicious…?"

Ignoring the cold and unfriendly attitude of Olivander, Getsumei continued to answer his question: "As to why I'm here, I guess it's not much different from why you are, though officially I'm going to perform a sort of … Guard duty."

Just as Getsumei and Kokushu turned their attention back on the battle below, choosing to leave the, rather unfriendly feeling, fellow alone, a third person appeared to join the duo. The white haired trainer didn't take a good look, instead keeping his attention on the battle below, but from what he could see from the corner of his eye, the person had semi-long, brown hair, kept under a hat, as well as a multicolored flannel shirt.

"I'm worried it'll get too interesting," Getsumei answered in response to the newcomer's question. He had a feeling the two would end up getting too caught up in their battle and do something, which could become dangerous, based on their current location…

… This gut feeling would soon show itself to be more than just a feeling…

"Use Earthquake!" one of the trainers had called out to their Pokémon, a Garchomp, which immediately caused Getsumei to react.

"Gyuuniku! Restrain!" Getsumei ordered, as a poke ball had landed just behind the girl's Garchomp, spawning a Snorlax. As soon as it had been released from the spherical device, the Snorlax obeyed his master's orders and quickly wrapped its muscular arms around the dragon, lifting it up in the air, in order to keep it from going through with its attack.

"Sorry to get involved like this," Getsumei said, as he and his Bibarel companion dropped down from the upper deck, the boy landing in a low crouch, Kokushu joining him shortly after. "However, I'll have to ask you to save the rest of the battle till we get to the mainland."

Standing up straight, the boy walked to his Snorlax and looked from one trainer to the other.

"Look around you, both of you," he then continued, as he turned around with his right arm stretched out, as if this would help reveal some mysterious secret in their surroundings. "We're on a ship, people. If I hadn't stopped your Garchomp, you might have caused some serious damage to it. In the worst case scenario, we would have ended up going down. Please don't get so caught up in a battle you lose your common sense."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back