• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Turia Region - Science vs Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enilias

Successor to Hokuto Shinken
Years
  • Hitmonchan fell hard to the ground. I underestimated this kid. Hitmonchan got up, but he was struggling. "Hitmonchan, return," Celia said. "You're a decent battler," she said to Raikon. "But, can you handle this? Go, Garchomp!" Celia said. The blue beast came out of his ball. "Use Earthquake!" Celia said. Garchomp smashed the ground really hard. No way Aggron was going to miss this.

Raikon knew Aggron wasn't going to take this. But he still had the chance - even though it's a little slim - to take the Garchomp with him. It all relied on if Aggron hit or not. "Hammer! This is your last chance! Blizzard!" as if it weren't strange enough to have aerial ace, this Aggron now called forth a snowstorm, which will hit Garchomp pretty hard. But for the impact of Earthquake it used to much strength to quickly jump away, or so hoped Raikon. The Earthquake hit with tremendous power and knocked Hammer back to Raikon, who quickly jumped back a bit, to avoid getting crushed under his Aggron. Raikon looked up to see if Garchomp was still there. (ooc: again, it's all up to you)

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Raikon knew Aggron wasn't going to take this. But he still had the chance - even though it's a little slim - to take the Garchomp with him. It all relied on if Aggron hit or not. "Hammer! This is your last chance! Blizzard!" as if it weren't strange enough to have aerial ace, this Aggron now called forth a snowstorm, which will hit Garchomp pretty hard. But for the impact of Earthquake it used to much strength to quickly jump away, or so hoped Raikon. The Earthquake hit with tremendous power and knocked Hammer back to Raikon, who quickly jumped back a bit, to avoid getting crushed under his Aggron. Raikon looked up to see if Garchomp was still there.

Garchomp jumped quickly overhead, but got pushed back a little bit. Take a whiff of this, Raikon, Celia said. "Surf!" she commanded. Aggron was already down hard. Surf, Celia figured, would finish him off.

Enilias

Years
  • Garchomp jumped quickly overhead, but got pushed back a little bit. Take a whiff of this, Raikon, Celia said. "Surf!" she commanded. Aggron was already down hard. Surf, Celia figured, would finish him off.

"Surf?! Celia, we're on a damn boat! Do you want us all to drown?" Raikon exclaimed shocked. Just now he noted someone beside the battlefield. "Sorry, I was a little caught in this battle." Raikon excused to the newcomer."Well, let's count this a draw, since when you really attacked now we both were screwed." Raikon in fact was right, that this was a dumb move from Celia - even though it would have defeated Hammer. Her Garchomp would have gone underwater aswell - alongside the the entire ship. "Maybe we should wait until we have solid ground under our feet, shall we?" Raikon suggested

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • Hope it's alright I join still

Turia is named after the Turians

Name: Ray Rowleigh
    Affiliation: Research Teams

Appearance: At first glance, most people see Ray as a ruffian mostly due to the cold look in his brown eyes, hidden at times beneath his light brown, windswept hair. It could also be because of his edgy choice of clothing, which consists of his favourite black and yellow jacket, almost always accompanied by a pair of blue jeans and a white pokeball shirt. Ray is in good athletic condition, though his thin and somewhat short physique wouldn't exactly show it, the boy reaching about 5'10'' in height and weighing in at 140 LBS

Personality: While Ray can definately come off as cold, it isn't rare to see him in a good mood, especially once has warmed up to someone, or they have proved they deserve respect through a battle. He cares a lot for his pokemon due to their immensely important roll in his job as battle analyst . He does have a strong sense of justice, however, if a situation doesn't involve him at first, it's unlikely that he'll jump in unless there is a good reason to or if it benefits him to a good extent. Of course, the sound of a girl crying is often more than enough for him to help out.

Background: Born in the quiet seclusion of Lavender town, pokemon had always been a large part of Ray's life. His parents were a great influence on him, his father an important CEO of a company in Saffron City and his mother a miko in the pokemon tower. While Ray dreamt of the big life in Saffron city, he was raised to be respectful of the world and pokemon around him, until the day he set out from Lavender town, at his side was his very first pokemon, Casval, a Gastly his mother had fetched from the tower for him.

As he had expected, Ray's journey took him almost immediately to Saffron city where he quickly found a job in a growing research company, particularly because of who his father was. Ray didn't like his method of acquiring a job, but he was determined to prove he could be more, and quickly began his career as battle analyst. His job took him all across the world, to various regions like Johto and Hoenn and as the relationship between he and Casval grew, so too did the pokemon itself. However, a brief argument between the two caused Ray to trade away Casval, now a Haunter though thankfully, when Ray came to his senses, the man he had traded with was more than accepting of the bond between the two, and reunited Ray with his new Gengar.

Upon word that a new region was to be explored, Ray quickly joined the team, seeing it as a new way to test and measure the strength of any new pokemon that may be discovered in the new land. This was his chance to be in the big time, to be a star in the world of pokemon.

Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Garchomp jumped quickly overhead, but got pushed back a little bit. Take a whiff of this, Raikon, Celia said. "Surf!" she commanded. Aggron was already down hard. Surf, Celia figured, would finish him off.

"Surf?! Celia, we're on a damn boat! Do you want us all to drown?" Raikon exclaimed shocked. Just now he noted someone beside the battlefield. "Sorry, I was a little caught in this battle." Raikon excused to the newcomer."Well, let's count this a draw, since when you really attacked now we both were screwed." Raikon in fact was right, that this was a dumb move from Celia - even though it would have defeated Hammer. Her Garchomp would have gone underwater aswell - alongside the the entire ship. "Maybe we should wait until we have solid ground under our feet, shall we?" Raikon suggested

Gosh, I am so stupid. Why did I do that? Logic, Celia, logic, Celia thought with embarrassment. "Garchomp, return," Celia said to the sinking blue dragon. "I'm sorry, Raikon. Please forgive me," Celia pleaded. "And about the battle. We should wait until we get to Turia. We have to test out our skills on the actual frontier, not on a ship," Celia said. "Let's start clean. Would you like to become my expedition partner?"

OOC: I hope your characters know how to swim...

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Dizzy Zeo, you are accepted!
    Theron liked hunting. He always felt that the inherent difficulty most people perceived it to having was just loving the outdoors a tad too much. That, and having to spend most of your paycheck on Pokeballs on not on something as pathetic as actual material wealth. At the present moment, Theron was watching a herd of Tauros through a pair of binoculars from the relative safety of a tree. All he needed to do was get them to wander into the pit he'd had Cairn dig. He had a very good idea of how to do that too- just letting Cairn run rampant and scaring the Tauros into the pit. He slid one of his custom, ninja-star pokeballs into his hand and was about to throw it when he saw something that would have been more valuable then any herd of Tauros: a bit of a white labcoat hidden in some tall grass.

The crawl to the grass was less then pleasant. Kerberos kept sniffing the air and growling, threatening to give away his position, and most of the grass happened to be sawgrass that the Tauros had nibbled down, leaving Theron with countless nicks and scratches. But he didn't care. If he nabbed this scientist, he'd be given back most of his pay and be back on the fast track. The scientist was so close, probably absorbed some graph like a true nerd, or just oohing and ahhing over the Tauros or a plant. He smiled and grabbed the coat, only to feel it rip apart in his hands.
    "What the..."
    He had enough sense to pull his hand back, just in time too because within seconds a large spike that was attached to an uprooted sapling thudded into the ground where his hand had just been. Kerberos snarled, flaming saliva dripping from one corner of it's mouth.

He pulled Cairn's pokeball out again after staring at the booby trap in shock.
    "Come on out Cairn. We have work to do."
    He threw Cairn's pokeball towards the Tauros and took a long glance around the area before pulling out a few pokeballs and going back to work.

Enilias

Years
  • Gosh, I am so stupid. Why did I do that? Logic, Celia, logic, Celia thought with embarrassment. "Garchomp, return," Celia said to the sinking blue dragon. "I'm sorry, Raikon. Please forgive me," Celia pleaded. "And about the battle. We should wait until we get to Turia. We have to test out our skills on the actual frontier, not on a ship," Celia said.

Raikon called Hammer back as well. "Well, no problem. Nothing too bad has happend." Raikon said and nodded. But she is a really tough nut. I didn't expect that one of the researchers here could battle so good. "I agree, on the island we'll have more than enough time and space for a real battle." he exclaimed

"Let's start clean. Would you like to become my expedition partner?"

Expedition Partner? "Let me think about it a second." I actually wanted to just train a bit on the island. But as a researcher she does know a lot about this place, and getting lost is the last thing I'd want. "What would I need to do as your partner?" Raikon asked.

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • THUD! The spike landed just where the man's hand was. He was lucky; if his reaction had been just a little too late, it would've paralyzed his hand. Not permanently, but long enough. Would have served him right, though, Aaron thought as he shook his head. Pokémon shouldn't be captured like that.

The day started out promising enough. Aaron had been recording the pokémon in the forests for a while, when he noticed a clearing. Here he spotted something he wasn't expecting to see: a huge heard of Tauros grazing openly. It was definitely a sight to behold.

However, Aaron noticed he wasn't the only one to be beholding it. A man, definitely a Silph Co. member, he had observed, was having his pokémon dig a pitfall trap. Aaron put two and two together, and realized the man was attempting to trap all the Tauros. This proved the rumors, then. Silph was illegally hunting and capturing the pokémon of Turia.

Whether they were for fiendish experiments or worse, Aaron didn't know. All he knew is that the rumors about Silph capturing researchers and "interrogating them" (if that's what it could be called) must also be true. So, this man may attempt to capture a scientist if he found one, right?

Aaron worked fast to set up a trap on the other side of the large clearing. He took out a lab coat from his pack and a whittled spike he had (maple wood, of course). He then pulled out a dropper with toxin he'd milked from a Zubat he'd studied earlier, and put a couple drops on the spike.

Of course, Zubat venom wasn't enough to do lasting damage, but it would halt his progress. Halt it long enough for Aaron to allow the Tauros to escape.

After the trap was all set up, Aaron quickly returned to his viewing spot to see it all play out.

What Aaron hadn't counted on was the man's reaction time. There was nothing left now. But he couldn't just watch the Tauros get captured while he pretended to not see it happen. There was only one thing for it.

"Stop!" Aaron boomed as he jumped from his vantage point. He was being really stupid, practically begging to be captured, but Aaron didn't care. He couldn't let this happen. He reached for a pokéball just as the man turned around.

Musician of Literature

Years
  • Gosh, I am so stupid. Why did I do that? Logic, Celia, logic, Celia thought with embarrassment. "Garchomp, return," Celia said to the sinking blue dragon. "I'm sorry, Raikon. Please forgive me," Celia pleaded. "And about the battle. We should wait until we get to Turia. We have to test out our skills on the actual frontier, not on a ship," Celia said.

Raikon called Hammer back as well. "Well, no problem. Nothing too bad has happend." Raikon said and nodded. But she is a really tough nut. I didn't expect that one of the researchers here could battle so good. "I agree, on the island we'll have more than enough time and space for a real battle." he exclaimed

"Let's start clean. Would you like to become my expedition partner?"

Expedition Partner? "Let me think about it a second." I actually wanted to just train a bit on the island. But as a researcher she does know a lot about this place, and getting lost is the last thing I'd want. "What would I need to do as your partner?" Raikon asked.

"You know, we'd research together. You know, I have much experience in sports, which require teamwork. If we, two strong battlers, work together, we could train and bring back much info. We'd be able to get stronger Pokemon on the frontier while exploring the region, taking notes, etcetera. Celia really wanted to make friends with Raikon. He was a good, strong, fearsome guy. A good partner...

Celia was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a large region.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
  • "Very well, sorry for being all interrogative, Getsumei said. But I'm sure you understand, right? You DID just drop down here from out of nowhere. What should I have been if not suspicious…?"

"And as to why I'm here, I guess it's not much different from why you are, though officially I'm going to perform a sort of … Guard duty, he continued.

"You did it again Oli," he said to himself. "You got all defensive again, at this rate we may not have a partner to travel with."

Just as Oli went to apologize for his reaction, Getsumei through a pokeball at the two battlers and jumped down to the lower deck. Oli followed the ball and a Snorlax appeared. The battle ended and Oli figured the two trainers were going to wait to finish it. Oli's attention was then drawn to a mass of land ahead of the ship.

"We're nearing Turia, my new adventure and the search for my old friend is about to begin," Oli again said to himself with his eyes closed. "Now lets see if we can make friends with Getsumei, maybe he can help in my search.

At that he jumped onto the lower deck to apologize to the white haired young man.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • "Stop!"
    Theron turned slowly, keeping his hands in plain view-for the moment, anyway. The man who had spotted him was more then likely the one who'd been hoping to see Theron impaled. He also had a Pokeball in his hand, and looked like a rare two-fisted intellectual.
    Theron smiled to himself and raised his hands a bit higher, discreetly sliding Cairn's throwing star-pokeball into the sleeve of his jacket.
    "Let's see what you've got in that Pokeball- if I can't get any Tauros I can drag your scrawny ass back to Silph."
    And before he gave the man time to respond, he flicked his arm down and threw Cairn's pokeball, which emitted a burst of black light and dropping a very angry-looking Tyranitar on the ground before heading back to Theron's hand like a boomerang.

Dizzy_Zeo

My Own Secret Weapon
    Years
  • "Razor, drop me off down there!" cried Ray over the whistle of the wind all around him. He had been uncharacteristically late for the boat and it had seemed to embark without him, so he had to use Razor's natural winged talent to catch up, as much as he disliked putting the strain on the large bird's back. As they neared the boat, Ray pulled out Razor's poke ball, clearly marked with the letter 'R' , and pointed it down at the bird when he was a jumping distance, pulling out another one moments before letting the flying-type return to it's capsule. "Horatio!" Ray cried out, pointing the ball at the ship below him, a large blue Feraligatr appearing amongst the passengers. If there was any pokemon that Ray trusted to catch him, it would be his big blue gator friend who was now looking up at the falling Ray, arms extended and waiting to receive his trainer.

And luckily, Ray didn't miss his target, the boy falling straight into Horatio's arms and being pulled into a bear, er, gator-hug, a common occurrence when he brought out the water-type. Ray was finally released onto the deck of the boat, ignoring what he figured were a mass amount of eyes now falling on him as he pat the pokemon on the back "Thanks, you can go back now" he said, tapping the ball on Horatio's clawed arm.

Cracking his knuckles, Ray ran a hand through his messy hair, thereby remedying the possible bad hair-day. He looked around at the others on the boat and sighed "Sorry about that, I'm with the research team and it seemed the boat captain was a tad….impatient" he said, his eyes instantly being drawn to a familiar mass of white hair "Getsumei, correct?" he asked, turning to the man "I think we may have worked together once before some time ago…."

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • {{ Arr. Much dialogue in this here post. I been writing it for days. Skip at ye leisure, less ye be in this here research team.

Actually, read the last part. Thass important. }}

Dinner was served in the main building. The thirteen crew members supped their soup and chatted quietly, seated at two long, low tables. Amber was among them, wearing a black sweater and a hot pink scarf around her neck, and giggling with her neighbour, when Dr. Connell stood up at the head of the main table and dinged his glass with a fork.

"I have an announcement to make that I feel is rather overdue," he began, speaking quietly so that those at the back strained to listen. "It concerns the issue of the missing researcher, Collin Dobskiy. This is a serious issue, and it affects everyone here on Turia, not just us. That's why the work has been interrupted, and certain precautions taken. But staying cooped up is not the answer. A decision has to be made now about our course of action. We can either split and go home, or stay on and continue the work.

"Collin disappeared three…no, four days ago. One possibility was that he had fallen prey to a wild Pokemon. Now it's believed that his disappearance was 'foul play.' Yes," he nodded, "that has been more or less confirmed. We may call it either a kidnapping or an abduction. Since there's been no ransom, abduction seems more likely. Either way, it's a bold move to make. All of the research teams on this coast are on the alert and there's been talk about taking down the camps and leaving.

I don't like the idea of being intimidated off of Turia. That's why, for now, the expedition's staying."

Some in the crowd whooped, though not enough for a clear majority.

"Of course, ultimately, it's up to you. Please, if you feel concerned about your safety, don't feel pressured to stay behind. A ferry arrives at the Docklands tomorrow – it'll take you back to the mainland. Unfortunately, I can't reimburse anyone for the fare. If you don't have the money, you can borrow it from me as a loan.

"For those who choose to stay, the work will continue as expected. Supplies are not a problem, as you might have heard. We should all live quite comfortably for the next 30 days."

Some laughs. Roughing it in the woods was not everyone's idea of comfortable.

"As for Collin Dobskiy, the authorities have been notified. Messages were sent to police HQ in Kanto and Johto, and they have promised to give the case their utmost attention -"

"Hold on, Jake!" Turning her head, Amber recognized the shout as belonging to the team's geologist, a belligerent man in his 40's with a scruffy ginger beard. He looked rather agitated. "So they're sure it was Silph, then?" he demanded. "The abduction?"

Dr. Connell nodded. "That's right. A Houndoom tracked the scent, and if we can trust the Pokemon, the evidence points to Silph." This anticlimactic statement was met by a quieting of the room. Since Dobskiy's disappearance, this was the first positive statement that the culprit was Silph Co. (Actually, Dr. Connell had known for a while – the Houndoom had been there from the start - but had kept it quiet.)

The geologist grew louder. "And we're just going to sit here, are we, and twiddle our thumbs until the police get their asses out the door?" He slammed his mug on the table with a crack that must have broken something. "This is insane!"

Dr. Connell looked mildly out at the audience from behind his spectacles. "Ah, yes," he sighed. "Well, then. Let's have a show of hands. Who has trained Pokemon with them?"

Nine hands rose, Amber proudly adding hers to the mix.

"How many of you have well-trained Pokemon, Pokemon that could be used in combat?"

Some hesitation this time. Four hands.

"How many have weapons?"

Just one hand. The geologist's, unwavering.

"As you can see, we are in no position to launch an attack against Silph," Dr. Connell continued, "as well-meaning as our colleague's intentions are. To act now would be suicidal. They have equipment and man power far beyond ours, even if the different research teams dispersed throughout Turia were to unite."

The geologist had turned scarlet, but Dr. Connell continued. "This matter demands outside help, help from the mainland. That's why I've called in a trainer from Sinnoh to join our small expedition team. He is an experienced trainer with a full team of strong Pokemon. I hope he will form the nucleus of a sort of, uhm, brigade. The ferry he is on arrives tomorrow. It's expected to be chock full of other skilled trainers coming to Turia to explore the land. I hope to recruit as many as possible for our cause. The fewer of those trainers reach Silph's bases, the better.

"This will all be done in coalition with the team on Bluegrass Hill {{ this being a working name because research teams like to name things }}, whose team Collin Dobskiy belonged to. Still belongs to. We have no idea what Silph has done with him, but their actions are in clear breach of several conventions, so we may act against them with full impunity." He smiled benevolently, spectacles twinkling. His audience gaped. "Any questions?"

Of course there a ton of questions. Dr. Connell was kept busy with them for a good ten minutes. Still, the atmosphere of the group seemed to have had lightened. Now they knew what they were in for, and had seen a glimpse of the plan of attack.

Wishing the rest a good night, Dr. Connell kept back Amber and her friend from dinner {{ one of yous or a wacky NPC, your choice! }} to ask them a favour. When the ferry from the mainland came in the morning, someone had to be there. He thought that two charismatic young people would be the best choice. Would they be willing? They would be waiting for a particular trainer, Getsumei from Sinnoh, but they were to greet any and all other trainers as well, and show them the route to the camp, pointing out the advantages of working with a research team. These were simple. In return for keeping a record of Turia's wild Pokemon, the way any Pokedex could, trainers would receive a cot and hot meals at the camp. They wouldn't have to rely on their own scant supplies to survive in the unexplored wilderness.

Flattered, Amber accepted unquestioningly. A little later she realized that she had been chosen largely because she was more useful as a compaigner than a researcher. Oh well.

{{ Just to make it clear, the events in this post occur the evening before the boat you guys are on arrives. So, when you step onto the Docklands, you'll see Amber and…whoever…waving at you. (I didn't plan on doubling, but sending her out there all by herself seemed kind of unreasonable, y'know?) }}

Last edited:

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • "Let's see what you've got in that pokéball- if I can't get any Tauros, I can drag your scrawny ass back to Silph."

Aaron narrowed his eyes at the statement, but before any retort could be made the man released a pokéball that came from seemingly nowhere. Out burst a monstrous, and very angry, Tyranitar. Of course, Aaron thought sarcastically. But, he reminded himself, I have at least two pokémon with the upper hand, and this may be his most powerful. If I can take it out, I might get lucky. But still, this man looks like he has several tricks up his sleeves. Better play it safe, anyway.

"Fine, then," Aaron shouted, "but I'm not going down without a fight. We'll make this a battle. Two of mine against two of yours, one at a time. If I lose, you can take me to your sick organization. But if I win," he added quickly before the man could say anything, "you'll run back to your base empty-handed. No Tauros, no researcher."

Again, this was idiocy, and Aaron knew it. But this was no longer about the Tauros. One screw up meant his life was gone. He had to win this. He waited while the man responded to his challenge.

Enilias

Years
  • "You know, we'd research together. You know, I have much experience in sports, which require teamwork. If we, two strong battlers, work together, we could train and bring back much info. We'd be able to get stronger Pokemon on the frontier while exploring the region, taking notes, etcetera. Celia really wanted to make friends with Raikon. He was a good, strong, fearsome guy. A good partner...

Celia was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a large region.

Raikon's Interest in taking notes and researching pokemon was only limited. But with additional help and training it would not only be easier to travel through the region, Raikon would also profit from a sparring partner. "Well, okay. I guess it's a good idea." said he and nodded. Raikon looked to the front of the boat. "Is that Turia over there?" he asked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back