• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    think about it like you were waiting for an idea ;)
    I mean, it takes serious skills to battle when you're chained up like that ^.^

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Please may I join

Trainer

Name: Paul Stevenson

Appearance: Slim and quite short for his age, his height makes people think he is younger than he really is which Paul hates. He has no real concern in his appearance, wearing jeans and a t-shirt normally for comfort. Paul has short scruffy blond hair that he never bothers to comb and wears a pair of thick lensed glasses that he often cleans while he is thinking. His glasses cover his bright blue eyes but few people notice because he is always looking at the ground. Paul tries to blend in to large crowds. Other than his glasses Paul always wears one other thing a belt that his dad used when he was a trainer, it is red and gold and has six pokeball spaces, Paul recived on his tenth birthday and has treasured it ever since.

Personality: Paul is timid and shy most of the time prefering not to be noticed. He finds it hard to make friends and talk to people. Instead Pauls only real friend is his scyther "Slash". Most of his time Paul is thinking of becoming a true pokemon trainer. Paul tries his best to be polite but can be rude if he is angry, upset or offended. Nomatter how bleak a situation becomes Paul can always find hope, because as long as slash is by his side he knows he will be loked after. Slash is like an older brother for Paul always looking after him.

Background: Paul has lived in the Katsu region all of his life, his dad is a retired pokemon trainer who now runs a pokemart and his mum helps his dad run it.
    Paul was all ways picked on at school, one day when Paul was ten it got really bad the bullies chased him until he reached some woods. In the woods the bullies caught up with Paul and were about to beat Paul up when a scyther apeared it scared the bullies away and followed Paul home. For the next few months Paul saw the scyther every day, it allowed him to get near it but no one else. Then one day the scyther turned up injured Paul nursed it back to health and then it allowed Paul to cath it. Since then the Scyther has been known as Slash and has been Pauls only pokemon.
    When the news that pokemon were to be outlawed reached Pauls village Paul was devistated. His mum and dad lost the pokemart and all fo there pokemon were going to be taken away, and that included his best friend Slash. It was a hard decision for Paul to make but he decided to run away from home, it was the first time Paul had been away from home and despite what he says he can't really care for himself.
    So he packed his bag and left with Slash. The first thing that Paul did after running off was to head to the pokemart it was closed down but Paul know there was still some equipment in there and it could be useful. So he broke in and stole pokeballs, potions and full heals. At first he planned to go to a diffrent region but he soon realised that he would not be able to make it past the borders, there were too many bounty hunters and Slash wasn't strong enough to fight for long yet. So one evening Paul decide that his only option was to fight.
    Over the next few weeks Paul started training Slash. They had a few run in's with bounty hunters and Slash got hurt a few times but Paul could heal him and he was getting stronger.
    Paul tried to avoid cities where ever possible so that Slash didn't have to stay in his pokeball all the time, which he hated. From trainers Paul met on the road he heard roumors of an uprising, between them Paul and Slash decided to join and help fight for there friendship. For the first time in his life Paul had his dream he was going to be a real trainer but this wasn't the way he wanted it to be.

Other details: Paul and Slash have entered only a few battels and have won most of them.

Paul's scyther

Name: Slash

Breed: scyther

Moves:
    Slash
    Pursuit (can't learn faint attack)
    Double team

Appearance: Just like a normal scyther but it has a scar across its left eye it is the only reminder of the injuries it sustaind in the wild.

Personality: Slash is quite a show off it loves to be competitive and can be rather reckless. It has a short temper and will lash out if angered, Slash tends to be arragent and rude towards other pokemon and sometimes people. For some reason it has developed a fondness of Paul, this could be because he healed it when it was injured or for some unknown reason, and treats him like a younger brother being very protective of him but also loyal, following his comands with out question. This makes a very complex friendship between the two of them.

If you would like to see my style of writing I have not entered one of these RP's before however I am writing a story on this form Elements (which is based on an RP but a spoke one not typed) you can find a link in my sig

(OOC (can someone tell me what that means) I have been let in i would find it usefull if someone could introduce me to the storyline i don't mind the bunnying (have i spelt that right))

Thanks

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Accepted ^.^
    I trust that, like all of our characters, your will develop more through the story. It's just kind of hard to write it down on demand, I know.

OOC: Out Of Character (usually is only used to separate out of character comments on the main thread)

Summary: The Uprising is a group that has recently lost most of its members in a town called Shadow Valley (this is something that was done before the RP started). Now it is a group mainly made up of on-the-run teenagers who want to fight the new law because it (disrupted their lives, they know it's wrong, etc.). They are traveling from town to town trying to gain recruits and seeing how the new law has affected different areas to see if there is an opportunity to step in and fight (though at this point, they are not powerful enough to pose a great threat). What they don't know, however, is that a group that they had long believed to be working with the government (PXS: pokemon exporting services (don't as me why we used X instead of E because I myself do not know)) actually has a group of their own that is reaching toward a common goal. How they wish to reach it, however, is where the difference lies (more about them will be revealed as the RP moves on). PXS sends out Bounty Hunters as well. However, their Bounty Hunters carry their own Pokemon to battle with along with whatever weapons they would usually posess.

Please feel free to ask me any questions or tell me anything I left out. I suggest you read some of the older and recent posts, but I also offer summaries (which I have to catch up on ;)) of the posts as well.

Now we have to figure out where your character comes in... He could walk over, hear noises from under the manhole, open it, and accidently fall in on top of the Bounty Hunter ;)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    It's too bad so many people abandoned this... there was going to be a legendary Pokemon and everything ;)

Thanks for writing you post :)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    I don't think that everyone has abandoned it (or hope not), but are just waiting. Though, it would be a shame if it does die. I've seen too many good RP's die. :(

But don't give up hope!

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    hmmm... okay...

If there's anything wrong with my post, I apologize. I wrote it all in one sitting and that kind of destroys part of your brain o.O

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    I feel your pain... And same with my post.

And btw Warden OOC means Out Of Character (Yeah it took me a while to figure out what that meant. I still sometimes write OCC XD)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    hmm... I thought that they were in the same room. Or are Isabel and Ashleigh further down the tunnel? I guess it doesn't make a big difference.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    Oh i wasn't sure... I could change it a bit if you want.

EDIT: Too late! Already changed it!

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Thanks!
    I'm not sure if I should post or wait for Minku....

Since the lady is going to say something along the lines of "Return your Pokemon and let us go or your precious leader dies."

Let's decide what will happen a moment, shall we?
    1. She shoots Isabel (please no >.< I'll get really bored)
    2. a bomb falls from the sky and they all die (um...)
    3. they send a Pokemon after the lady anyway and drive her off
    4. Isabel convinces them not to attack and the lady takes her to PXS headquarters (they probably follow ;) and maybe they could find one or two of the street wanderers to come as well)

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    Idk. I think that maybe you should post. After all, you are having a group conversation with the executive. You can have my character run into the scene/ bunny mine if you want.

Hmmm either 2 or 4

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    hmmm.... 2 would kind of be a downer, 3 would be easiest, but 4 would be the most interesting :P

I'll hold you to your offer of bunnying :D

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    I'm not sure why he would get captured... I'll think about it a minute, okay?

Okay, I got it.
    How about he was currently in Crystal City and spotted something unusual happening (hmm... that lady with PokeBalls who is carrying an unconscious girl looks suspicious). He decides to follow them to the PXS headquarters where he is apprehended by guards and detained and later is most likely rescued.

Something along those lines, perhaps?

~~~

And for those of you who are wondering what is being babbled on about when they mention Shadow Valley...

Shadow Valley: the Uprising traveled to an area called Shadow Valley about a week before the RP starts in the story. When they did, the team was rather large and had many more experienced and older members than now. They went there to purchase supplies and were not even planning on searching for recruits. But somehow a large group of Bounty Hunters found out that they were there and attacked the area. They killed many of the citizens living there, raided the shops and many of the members went missing and several of them died. Only a few members escaped and were pursued by several more Bounty Hunters for the days following. The government was supplied with false information and was told that the Uprising had destroyed Shadow Valley. After this event, Isabel grew ever more stern and cold. She became all-business and fully took on the role of leader, which she had originally shared with one of the members they lost.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Sorry for not being active you guys, i went on a long weekend christmas holiday and returned two days ago. Ill make sure Drake finds you, u guys got any ideas on how, ive got a couple:

Fay senses Isabel is in trouble and uses her psychic powers to lead Drake to them.

Together with fay drake goes into the building and climbs trough the air vents, eventually helping the rescue or w/e is gonna happen.

Or

Fay leads him to the building but somehow they manage to get captured and get brought to the rest.

Suggestions?

btw.....

Merry Christmas !!!!!!

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Glad to see you're back :D
    Maybe Fay becomes unnerved (senses Isabel's in trouble) and decides to bring Drake to where she believes Isabel is. The guards apprehend Drake and imprison him (or something) but Fay manages to escape. And yes, he will eventually help with the rescue :P

Merry Christmas~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back