• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
  • Ah, Mira... pretty much EVERY female on PC *hearts* Eeveelutions. I know I do - I just never rp them because of the huge MASS of people doing it. Seriously, I don't think I've been in an rp involving trainers without at least one person owning an Eeveelution. '-.-

I wasn't paying attention to the Pikachu-count when I bagsed the Raichu... I just noticed immediately after that, when Sakura (another female Pikachu) came to talk with my Pokemon... Yeah, I have an almost freakish memory about some things. :D

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Dream: I saw blatant understanding of what your character's Pokemon was saying. Don't even try to cover it up ;) Straight-up understanding of what a Pokemon says isn't allowed. People can only guess by the Pokemon's tone and movements, sometimes rather accurately. If that's what you meant, though it wouldn't make sense by what your character understood from the Pokemon ;), please add in how he interpreted the movements and/or tones of the Pokemon or just recognized how it was acting from something before.
    I don't want to have to say something like this again, so this goes to all of you :P

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Well, before they could understand each other, and you never said anything...

Actually, I did just like you asked, and skipped the Poke-Speak. Ikiji could understand her all this time, and the only thing different was that I replaced her actual dialogue with "Pi's" and "Pika's"

And, Ikiji can understand Matsu, because A) They've been together for years, and B) Ikiji spent a very long time studying the Pikachu dialect, enough so that, coupled with the time he's been with her, he can understand her.

And Kij can ONLY understand Matsu, no other pokemon. Not even other Chu's.

Come on, I've been doing it since I joined, can't you be a little lenient? This is a key part of Matsu/Kij's relationship, and I can't change it without some major chara overhauls...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    lolololol eeveelutions. YEAH IM GUILTY. it's not my fault Josh has one, it's ... someone else's i can't remember. Wolfsrain?

Oh god draco, Ashi hates you so much.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • All I'm asking is that you put in your character interpreting what Matsu says by tone, expressions and movements instead of pure "Pika"s. I don't understand how he could study Pikachu dialect because if he did, other people could have studied that for many other Pokemon and therefore have conversations with their Pokemon O.o' I don't really want that kind of thing to happen in this RP, and I have a right to request that it doesn't. Your character can still understand what his Pokemon is saying, there just has to be more interpretation involved, okay?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Alright, that's basically what I was implying. Pikachu dialect is more or less just variations of those three syllables, so I had the tone, movement, etc. as a given.

And it's kind of a crucial part of their relationship that Kij can understand her, at least enough that he can determine what she's saying. Yes, it may seem like he can understand Pika-speak, but it's actually a combination of factors that allows him to interpret what she's saying with a very high degree of accuracy.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • @Minku - Don't know who it was exactly :P Empoleon made the guy have a Leafeon, I made him throw it away, and the you decided to pick it up O.o

Ah well, at least we're having some action :D

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • It's not entirely the movements. That plays a role, but it's also that;

Kij studied the Pika dialect for three years. That, coupled with his own natural intelligence and the time he's spent with Matsu, allows him to interpret her speech enough that it might as well be English (or whatever language they're actually speaking ;))

He interprets it based on gesturing, tone, length, whatever else has happened/been said, and his own experience at how she will react to a given situation.

I'm...not really sure how to put all that into words during her dialogue.

During Kij's POV, I'll try whatever I can. But, when I'm POVing Matsu, I'm just going to stick with the dialogue and skip Kij's interpretation, alright? (Since other pokemon would obviously understand her without the need for complex interpretation.)

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • LoL second one with a pikachu, pick a number ;D
    Well, eeveelutions are on demand, even for guys...
    I personally am a Leafeon fan ^^

I actually wanted to rename him but that would seem kinda weird. (am talking about Sparky) but Sparkster is kewl so im going to keep him that way. And, when i call him it sparks something ^^

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Dream: Yeah, but don't forget descriptions of Matsu's expressions as well (eg. ear twitched in annoyance etc.) ;)

Draco: Rawr, Isabel has your katana :P

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • Eh... out of the seven... I can't decide. I guess I kinda like Umbreon, Glaceon, Jolteon and Espeon the best. Yes, four outta seven.

The thing is, with the sudden change from <Pokespeak> to "Pi! Pika!"s, I feel a bit... disconcerted. Very disconcerted. o.O I kinda preferred it before; easy writing, easy reading. Then again, I'm just lazy. :P

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Well, a key part of the timeskip is that Matsu's evolution creates a few communication issues (whole new dialect), and it's a good idea to get out of the habit of direct speech reaction.

EDIT: I'm gonna miss the pokespeak too...it was fun...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    so how many of our poke's can we have evolve during the time skip?
    lol and i can't decide what to make my last pokemon be >_< rar

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    probably most of them. It's a 5 year skip!

Jesus Sweet. I was just FORCING you to take the Raichu. Now you're stopping Josh from following orders? I think I'll plan a suicide attack instead. XD

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Draco: No. No more of that James Bond crap that you pulled before. I'm not worried about him planning to kill an Uprising member because the second he did you would be promptly kicked out of the RP.
    He's thirteen. He can't drive.
    He was born on a ranch. He knows nothing of sneak attacks.
    He's human. He can't take on an army by himself.
    He's visible. There's no way he could sneak up on PXS.
    He's Drake. He overreacts and can't take responsibility for his own actions and hasn't any loyalty for his team that saved his life.

I'm telling you now. You would NOT get into the RP after the time-break at this point with Drake. He's too unrealistic and isn't an asset to the team. The point of this RP is to work with the Uprising, not make a totally unrealistic character that does everything himself after getting mad at the team that had saved him and allowed him to grow better because of something that really was his fault and then proving his point by attacking more people and destroying more things.

This is your first warning.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Uhuh Ok?

Can i just make a few points?

Nobody said he could wipe em' out, cant he just attack with his pokemon? With blast i ment fun, and hes 14 ^^
    Its common sense that if you drive past somebody and come up from behind in one of their cars... Its really not that hard.
    Anyone can drive a car in an open area, he had practice before when he was chasing them. I did mention the swerving and crashing in my posts, and i'm younger but i can press a pedal and steer. I mean its an open snow area... is it? And if there are trees, wouldn't that just provide more cover?
    The long way around might suggest that he comes in late, its not like hes just going to drive next to them; he might seem like reinforcements or something.

btw: How many warnings can one get?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Rawr, no birthday presents for Drake :P

But just think about it like this: He's fourteen. There's really no medium for fourteen-year-old boys. Either they think that they can take on an entire army because they are very confident in their abilities, or they realize that they can't do it on their own. Pretty much for most boys in early teens, it's all or nothing. All those male hormones acting up in their heads cause them to tend to think that way more often ;) And it's not like once he attacks PXS would just allow him to escape... They're highly organized. They're trained for most forms of attack (unlike the Bounty Hunters we're used to), which includes a teenage boy with Pokemon attacking guerrilla-style. They would easily have people set up to watch their backs, probably hidden so that they could take out any attackers by trapping them from all sides. They're paranoid that Guardians may try to circle them or the Government has caught on.
    But there's a bit more to driving than that. He doesn't know what to do if he starts fishtailing without totally spinning out. He's driving on snow over ice and said snow is probably blowing around and lessening visibility and there's always the risk that there might be a dip in the road that isn't visible because it is filled up with snow. There's also the risk of getting stuck in said dips... And I doubt his van is built to withstand snow/is an all-terrain vehicle. And I don't think he's on the road, not that it would matter anyway after a blizzard :P
    Just don't pull anything James Bondy. And the point of this RP is to be a part of the Uprising, not go out by yourself and do whatever you want... *shifty eyes*
    (I still have your katana :P)

One O.O
    Probably three... Or however many it takes for me to get mad enough at somebody to kick them out spur of the moment. (or to forget about the warning :P)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back