• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Liberating the Katsu Region [OOC Thread]

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
  • Nobody points my hand at me, other that me! *Holds up flamethrower*

Battle post is up =D Beo and I are quite the welcome comittee :P

Plotting eh? Sounds deliciously dastardly >=)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Yes we are quite the welcome committee, but good job with the JP Zeph hopefully we can do another one later on in the RP, as well as one with you Wolf.

*Looks at Zeph holding the flamethrower* Hehe *Grabs random water ballon and chucks it at his face* XD.

Zeph.

Years
  • Let's hope so =D Joint posting rules.

*Splash* Hmm *stares at Wolf and Beo* It seems I have two enemies now - but still only one arm ¬¬ *click*

Years
  • What exactly does JP mean? xD *feels like a noob*

Loving how this roleplay is coming along already! I'll post later today when I have time.

Oh, by the way-- if we get to plotting, I'd be happy to volunteer to play a jerk character. You know, one of those bad guys! I could always pull out my evil scientist chick, Anya. She's that sort of annoying, acts nice but is really ridiculously insane and wouldn't hesitate to epically kill someone type character. xD

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Heh... Sorry guys... I keep getting distracted by shiny things... I'll try and get up the arrival post ASAP ^.^'

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I'll try and get some plotting done myself. Otakon (Friday-Sunday) plus Band Camp has gotten/is getting in the way, though, so I'll see what I can do~

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
  • Rayna

Name: Rayna 'Tay' Charles

Appearance:
    Rayna wears her bright auburn hair in the style of a loose ponytail that rests on her right shoulder and ends just below her chest. Her hair looks visibly healthy and has a nice almost reddish tint to it when in the sun. Rayna's skin is sun kissed since she spends a lot of time in the sun, in the rain or when it is overcast she almost as a glow to her; she also has barely noticable freckles underneath both of her eyes. Rayna's features such as her nose and cheekbones are fairly average and very defined. When she talks Rayna has a faint trace of a posh English accent which is very subtle but her overall voice is quite child like.

Rayna stands at 5"5 but looks quite small when standing next to someone of a similiar height because of her petite frame. She also has quite long legs which look especially long when she wears shorts that give the illusion of even longer legs for someone that is reasonably short. Rayna's hands are very dainty whilst being perfectly attractive thanks to her french manicure although the ends are all uneven due to her habit of biting them. Rayna also has a faint scar slightly above her waist line due to an accident that happened during her childhood, it wasn't anything serious.

Rayna's feet are reasonably tiny and are also manicured but always covered with her shoes or sometimes socks, if not both. Rayna's knees are also littered with several bruises from always kneeling down, she plays with her Pokemon a lot.

Rayna wears a blue navy shirt that is tied into a knot at the front which is far to high for mother to ever approve of, she also wears a sleeveless white best underneath. She wears distressed denim jeans that are held up by a brown belt that holds her Pokeballs, they are placed at back slightly to the left. Rayna's boots reach just above her shins and are the same shade of brown as her belt, the soles are a darker richer brown rather than the actual boot which is more of a tanned colour. On her right wrist is a silver bracelet that her mother gave her for her birthday last year, she never takes it off as well as the necklace with a large R on that a very good friend left for her after beginning their Pokemon journey.

Personality: Around friends Rayna is innocently sarcastic and works her 'Cute' image to her advantage constantly, she is easily distracted and is also pretty clumsy as well as naïve.

Rayna usually hides her emotions from others and if something upsets her she'll usually grin and 'Play it cool' until she's alone. Rayna's father was a skilled trainer long ago and he constantly said 'Showing your emotions makes you weak, if you can't be strong yourself how do you expect your Pokemon to listen to you' Rayna never really agreed with that statement until she was forced to do it herself.

But despite being the cliché of a cute girly girl she also has a mean streak, within a split second she can go from playfully taunting the enemy to giving it her all and crushing them, Rayna despises cocky people and sees something like that as a challenge… when she isn't jumping up and down clapping at something shiny.

Rayna isn't the type of person to fight an enemy head on; she'll often wait for someone else to initiate conflict before she goes all out.

Background:
    Rayna joined The Uprising because it was her mother's wish; her father had gone to help a few months beforehand with not word. Rayna's mother insisted that something went wrong so Rayna agreed to find her father and help as much as she could. Despite being the innocent girl her mother was very proud of she knew that her image would have to change, cute blonde hair and flowery clothes weren't the type of attire that got you take seriously when it came to fighting.

Rayna has a little brother who is 8yrs old and stayed behind in a different region with her mother, she misses him more than everyone because he understood her in a way no-one else could, she had no doubt that he was her best friend. Rayna grew up surrounded by the Pokemon that her father sent home when he was travelling although she never got more than 3 towns away from her hometown before her mother asked her to come home urgently.

After comforting her mother as best she could she gave her little brother her favourite and very own Skitty, saying that as long as he takes care of it she'll be okay.

RP Sample:
    Rayna held her hand in front of her mouth as she giggled; she was watching a novice trainer imitate a Slaking rather well. Rayna attempted to copy him but accidentally tripped over her own red and black sneakers, the expression on her face slowly turned to desperation as her arm stretched as far as it could for the Pokeball that was now falling to the floor. Mamoswine appeared after a brief white light and raised its front legs slightly, the immediate crowd instinctively backed away with a few gasps and the odd scream. Rayna quickly sat up and rubbed her head, "I'm sorry everybody" she was beginning to blush. She leaned forward onto all fours and frantically looked for Mamoswine's Pokeball, it was causing novice trainers to duck and dive out of the way to avoid being bowled over by its large tusks. -Not again- Rayna thought as she picked up the Pokeball, "Mamoswine, return" she said before sighing. As Rayna attached the Pokeball back onto her belt she slowly moved through the crowd avoiding the odd elbow and waving arm when she could.

Rayna took a glance at the Stadium and then at the large beautiful castle, she turned her head slightly and saw trainers heading in that direction. Rayna assumed they were heading towards the gym. Grabbing the map out of her backpack she looked over the contents, -Where should I start- she thought with a quick scratch of her head. Rayna took a seat on a nearby beach, took a deep breath of the clean air and shut her eyes after placing the map on her lap. She closed her eyes and began waving her finger in a circular motion before finally placing it on the map. Slowly opening her eyes she realised her hand was placed in the middle of a nearby lake, "Great... the first place fate wants me to go is to the bottom of a lake, well I guess checking it out wouldn't hurt"

Rayna stood up excitedly and grabbed a Pokeball from her belt, "Honchkrow" she shouted as she threw the small sphere into the air. Rayna's Honchkrow cawed, stretched its wings and then landed swiftly in front of its trainer waiting for its usual pat on the head.

After taking off and nearly flying into the large castle the rest of the journey was surprisingly smooth, the wind ruffled Rayna's ponytails and she could tell Honchkrow was enjoying it just as much as she was. Landing however, was another matter -Honchkrow's landings have never been easy- she thought as Honchkrow slowly began to descend, Rayna spotted the lake easily and forgot about the landing for a brief second whilst she admired it. "Ahhhhhh" Rayna screamed as Honchkrow quickly stopped which caused her to go flying forwards into the dirt. "Thanks Honchkrow" Rayna said with another sigh, the Pokemon returned and the faint sound of cheering could be heard.

Pokemon Team:

Breed: Mamoswine
    Moves: Take Down, Ice Shard, Blizzard and Giga Impact
    Personality: Mamoswine very rarely does anything when its out of its Pokeball, it reacts to what Rayna says to it but apart from that it just stands around cautiously protecting its trainer until it is asked to battle.
    History: Rayna meet Mamoswine when it was a Swinub, it had a very large appetite so she continued to feed it until eventually catching it when she was old enough to have her first Pokeball.

Breed: Chimchar
    Moves: Fire Blast, Dig, Flamethrower and Flame Wheel
    Personality: Chimchar is very friendly towards other Pokemon and is deeply affectionate towards Rayna. Out of all of her Pokemon Chimchar is the most sociable.
    History: Chimchar was given to Rayna as an egg for her birthday and hatched later that month after she was being attacked by Mankeys. Chimchar used its first Flame Wheel to save her.

Breed: Rhyperior
    Moves: Stealth Rock, Hammer Arm, Flamethrower, Iron Tail
    Personality: Rhyperior is much like Mamoswine, it sees its job as protecting and obeying Rayna, nothing more.
    History: Rayna found Rhyperior on the outskirts of Orebourgh Town with its horn wedged into some stone, it couldn't release itself since it was drilling for water and if it moved the water would definitely soak Rhyperior. Rhyperior has an extreme fear of water. Rayna used Mamoswine's Ice Shard on the area surrounding Rhyperior's horn which froze the water allowing it to release itself. With thanks Rhyperior helped Rayna gain the Coal badge but realised that Rayna needed a strong Pokemon like itself to protect her; so Rhyperior joined Rayna on her journey.
    [/FONT]

Breed: Honchkrow
    Moves: Dark Pulse, Protect, Aerial Ace, Double Team
    History: Rayna found Honchkrow when it was just Murkrow, it was trapped in an Ariados' web and about to be attacked. Rayna had her Chimchar at the time and they defeated the Ariados which led to her catching it. She gave the Ariados to her next door neighbour, a small boy that was obsessed with Bug types. Murkrow eventually evolved into a Honchkrow whilst Rayna was travelling.

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • bellabear: I'd appreciate another section under Appearance talking about your character's physical structure and any other details you can think of. Also, make sure to watch your punctuation as there are a lot of errors in your SU. So you're pending until your make the Appearance addition.

bellabear

lolfocuspunchyoudead
    Years
  • I made the edit, hopefully its more suitable.
    Sorry about my punctuation, I promise it'll be better in future. :D

-crosses fingers-

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm really sorry it took so long to get this up. I got busy. I hope this is okay, and I'm not too late...

Name
    Zhane Matthews

Appearance
    At 5'6", Zhane is neither intimidatingly tall, nor laughable short. As a traveling trainer, he stays relatively fit. He is lanky, though not incredibly so. Surprisingly, although his eyes are Brown, both his parents had Blue eyes. He was born with Brown hair, though after hitting puberty, his hair continued to lighten until it became completely White. This hair is kept neatly trimmed, with the bangs reaching about an inch above his eyes.

His wardrobe consists of three nondescript shirts, one Blue, one Red, and one Black. It also includes three identical pairs of Blue Jeans. His worn out sneakers are Black, but have splashes of White making an intricate X design. On his back, he wears a backpack that matches his shoes to carry his clothes he's not currently wearing, his Poke Balls, and anything else he may need to carry. In his pocket, he always carries his black PokeComp, which includes the features of a PDA, a Video Phone, and an ATM. The other thing that he always carries is a Gold locket which is suspended from a Gold chain around his neck. In it is a picture of his deceased mother.

Personality
    Zhane tends to avoid trusting people, with exceptions, of course, made for extreme situations. He can be rather cold; it's almost as if sarcasm was his natural voice. He is very intelligent, but easily distracted. This, coupled with his lack of true human relationships, means he can, at times, be easily fooled, though he'd never admit that, he's far too proud. Despite his issues with human interactions, he is extremely close with his Pokemon, and would do anything for them. They feel the same way, and the three of them make a great team. To him, human friendships will always be second rate to Pokemon friendships. He is dedicated, and, by extension, very difficult to discourage. He is incredibly loyal to those he considers friends, even to the point of turning a blind eye to an obvious betrayal.

Background
    Zhane grew up in LaRousse City in a modest home. His father worked at a factory overseeing the mass production of several different type of technology; his mother was a stay at home mom. On his twelfth birthday, his mom got him a pet – an Aipom. Soon afterword, Rex was chosen as a nickname. The two became best friends, with Zhane actually preferring Rex to other human friends.

About seven months later, his mother fell ill. Despite multiple surgeries and extensive stints in the hospital, she died four months later. After attending her funeral, Zhane packed up and left, journeying around Hoenn.

Soon, he realized that he had little passion for battling for sport, so he decided to go a different route. He used Rex to enter a Pokemon Contest, and found that he, and Rex, both had both a talent and a passion for them. Due to an unfortunate issue with timing, Zhane ended up only getting to enter six contests, and won four ribbons, so he was ineligible for the Grand Festival, however, he did go to watch.

At the Grand Festival, he sees, and talks to Hana, a Co-Ordinator that defeated him easily in the final round of his second contest. She qualified, and is surprised to hear that he didn't. She invites him to watch her to "see how it's done.", to which he objects, but eventually does so anyway. He watches her breeze her way into the final round, where, in a close battle, she is defeated by Trey, a very capable Co-Ordinator she seemed to know. Afterward, Hana disappeared into the crowd, so Zhane never got to talk to her about it.

After the party celebrating the end of the Grand Festival, Zhane moved on. He decided to tackle Sinnoh's Super Contests. He is able to get the five ribbons necessary, and, in doing so, Rex evolved into an Ambipom. Afterward, visits Veilstone's Department Store to stock up on supplies. While there, he sees Hana, and calls out to her, but she doesn't turn around, and he loses her in the crowd. Determined to talk to her, he resolves to catch her at the Grand Festival.

At the Grand Festival, at Lake Valor, he looks for her in-between his own appeals and matches. He isn't able to find her anywhere; not even in the registry of participants. He is distracted, so he ends up loosing, making his final placement in the Top 16.

He again decided to move on to a new region; this time to Johto, who had recently installed contests. There, he catches his first Pokemon, Staryu, nicknamed Neptune, and used it to win his first Johto Ribbon, from Olivine City. After qualifying for the Grand Festival, he makes a pit stop in Goldenrod, and is able to buy a Water Stone to evolve Staryu into Starmie. Soon afterward, he makes the journey to the Lake of Rage, where that years Grand Festival was to be held. There, he is finally able to make it to the finals, though he finds his opponent to be Trey, the same person who defeated Hana before. He is handily defeated, earning him the Runner-Up position. He tries to talk to Trey, but, like Hana, he is gone before he can.

He decides to take a break from traveling, and returns home. His dad welcomes him back, and celebrate the three birthdays that he'd missed while his son was traveling. After staying home for about a month, he receives a letter. After debating on it for a few weeks, he makes his decision, and boards a boat headed toward the region.

On his way there, he berates himself for listening to an Anonymous letter, and wonders how he'll even find The Uprising...

Additional Information
    Not Applicable

RP Sample
    Every one of the green leaved trees looked the same as we ran past them. The light path upon which we ran just barely noticable as different to the rest of the grass. I looked to my left, to be sure that my Blonde partner had not fallen behind. I was able to make out his hair and his smile. He was always smiling.

Eventually, we reached a fork in the path, and we stopped only long enough to decide which path to take.

"You take... the left path... and I'll... take the right. Hopefully, at least... one of us will escape." Seth said, between deep breaths from running so hard.

I nodded. I knew it was bad to stay together even as long as we had already done, so why push our luck? I took off running again. I ran and ran for what felt like hours. Eventually, I had to stop and lean on a tree to catch my breath. What harm could it do? After all, we don't even know if they've noticed it was missing yet or not. Even if they did, we had a head start, so surely I could rest for a moment, right? I was so busy trying to catch my breath that I failed to notice the men with black uniforms surround me. I looked up only long enough to see one of the man about to punch me. My head smashed against the tree and I was out cold.

When I came to, I tried looking around. It was too dark to see anything, so doing so did little to enlighten me. Then I remembered what had happened, I'd been captured by Team Rocket. Keeping me alive surely meant that they hadn't caught Seth and took his half of the machine, so they were going to keep me alive until I told them.

I had to be sure, so I spoke aloud. "Seth? Are you in here?"
    No response. I was totally alone in this small, dark, musty room.

If only I had listened to The Rules. Number One: Remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Number Two: Stay alone. Number Six: Never infiltrate a location without direct orders. The one time I disobey them, I end up captured. Rookies get captured, not Senior Officers. But I hadn't seen him in so long...

If they didn't catch him, that must mean he escaped. Hopefully half of the machine would be enough for our purposes. Of course, they'll ask me where our head quarters are, they'll want it back. But, I'd be better off dead if I violated the Unwritten Rule to never put myself above the cause.

There was a slight clanking sound to my right. At least I think it was to my right, darkness can be very disorienting. Then, a door swung open and the room was flooded with light.
    However, after being in darkness for so long, I still couldn't see. I could tell a figure was standing in the doorway, but everything was blurry. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I relized that it was Seth! He'd come to rescue me! I started to get up to approach him but as I did, I felt the back of his hand slap across my face and I fell backwards. I looked at him with surprise and confusion.

"Did I say you could escape? No, we can't have that, can we? After all the trouble we went to capture you, did you actually think you could leave that easily?" He spat at me with disgust, something I've never heard from him.

I was disheartened. Seth, my best friend was my enemy now. He wove an elaborate web, and I jumped right onto it. It was his fault I had been captured. It was all his fault.

Seth, appearing bored with my lack of response, turned away to leave. As he did, he called back, "Let's do this again, bro."
    "Let's." I shot back.

He stopped for a second, and then continued on, shutting the door and once again ensnaring me in darkness.

Nickname
    Rex

Breed
    Ambipom

Moves
    Return
    Shadow Claw
    U-Turn
    Iron Tail

Appearance
    Exactly like any other Ambipom.

Personality
    After being with Zhane so long, it is only natural that Rex has become like him. Distrustful of strangers, and a superior attitude. He also has a "thing" about his hands, he doesn't like people touching them. If you do, you should expect to get Iron Tailed.

History
    He was bought by Zhane's mom, for Zhane, at a local pet store as an Aipom. After being presented to Zhane on his twelfth birthday, the two became friends. After Zhane's mom's death, the two set off on a journey to become the greatest Co-Ordinator & Pokemon pair.

In Sinnoh, during the finals to win his third ribbon, all seemed lost, until Rex evolved, and was able to use his newfound strength to win.

After Neptune was caught, Rex was in a sour mood, though eventually warmed up to it.

Additional Information
    Not Applicable

Nickname
    Neptune

Breed
    Starmie

Moves
    Bubblebeam
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

Appearance
    Exactly like any other Starmie.

Personality
    Starmie is always being surprised by its own strength, as it tends to doubt itself often. Despite this, or possibly because of it, it is always in a good mood. It is very optimistic, and even, at times, hyper active. It is very childish, as well as mischievous.

History
    While in Olivine City, Zhane found a Staryu on the beach, and battled it. After and easy battle, it was defeated by Ambipom and caught. It was then used in the contest taking place in the same city. After Zhane obtained his fifth ribbon, he trecked back to Goldenrod City, and bought a Water Stone, which was then used to evolve Neptune into a Starmie. The first thing Neptune did was blast Rex with a jet of water, after which it sounded its cry in an oddly laugh-y way.

Additional Information
    Not Applicable

Last edited:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Midnight Bear: I notice that you switched tenses a lot in your SU. Be sure to watch that while posting. Other than that, your SU looks good and you are accepted.

Everyone: I shall be leaving for a trip on which I will potentially have absolutely no internet access. I'll be back Sunday night, but until then Wolf in the Rain is god in charge. Treat him with respect or you will face his wrath and mine when I return. Oh, and be sure to have fun ;3

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • *Cough* well, alright guys. If you haven't posted in the main thread/are at the pier, try to do so by tonight. Par Mira's orders (She seems to still like to bug me, even when she's not here xD) we're going to move it along... tonight. So get those posts in!

Zeph.

Years
  • Wolf in charge. Don't do this to us Mira! ;.; jk :P

Excited =D Now we can start beating up some people ^^

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I feel as though Wolf isn't fit to lead... Whose up for an uprising?
    (No pun intended) :P.

Regardless I can't wait to get things finally moving so Blaze can finally kick some butt!

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Hahahahaaaaa...Funny.*Clicks button* *Beo and Zeph fall through trap doors into pits of fire*
    Anyone else? -.-

And yeah, I can't wait for some action!

Liacri

moral support penguin
    Years
  • What? You got out the flamethrowers while I was gone? Aww...

Don't worry, Wolf, you have my full support... maybe. >.>

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • As long as Isaac gets some opportunities to prove himself, I am down with the new ruler ;)

All hail Wolf! *raises fist in the air*

IceFireLighnting

THIS IS THE TIME FOR SOMEONE TO COME IN AND INTRODUCE ME TO THE UPRISING.:classic:

Back