• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
  • Just wanted to throw this out there, I was wondering that even though Rose already has a (shiny) Ralts, if it'd be ok if I can catch a non-shiny Ralts. Just wondering if there was something against catching the same kind of Pokemon as other characters.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Just wanted to throw this out there, I was wondering that even though Rose already has a (shiny) Ralts, if it'd be ok if I can catch a non-shiny Ralts. Just wondering if there was something against catching the same kind of Pokemon as other characters.

In my opinion, that should be just fine, In my other journey RP plenty of people caught the same kind of Pokemon, could be a fun little rivalry for your guys' Ralts

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Yeah. Based on the fact that Rose's Ralts is female and the one I wanna catch is male, it'll be nice to have different final evolutions by the time we make it out of Victory Road. I'll go ahead and write in a male Ralts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • On second thought, I might hold back on having Aria catch a Pokemon. I'm not really sure yet. :/ Anyone want to interact with an awkward psychic and her even more awkward Espurr?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'll be extending the application for the missions for two hours. After that, I'm gonna be picking.

jombii

Years
  • [Mission Time]

1. The one going to do Senpai is...

FireSnow

As you arrive at Petalburg City, you see a young kid in his early teens talking to his mom. The kid has a bright-green hair, much like Brendan's rival, Wally, who now disappeared after the Delta Episode. Anyway, he is supposed to catch his first Pokemon but there is no one that can be bothered to show him how. You decided to teach him a thing or two.

Willard, of course, will accept your offer and the two of you will proceed to Route 102. At this point, you have two options: you can either show him how to catch a Pokemon (the Pokemon will be yours) or let him catch his own Pokemon (the Pokemon will be Willard's.) You decided to do one and the two of you go to the tall grass.

But then you were surprised by the encounter. It's a wild...

Spoiler:

What will happen then?

GM Note: The success of the mission will be on the capture post for the Meditite. Failure to capture the Meditite will mean failure for the mission. The capture will be decided by the GM (me!)

Reward: Meditite. If you choose to have Willard capture the Meditite, return to Petalburg City. Willard's mom will give you an Old Rod to use. The list of available Pokemon available for capture will be edited into the respective Chapter IC Posts.

2. The person doing the Is that a Magma? mission will be...

dud190

You are exploring the city of Petalburg when you chanced upon a lady in red uniform, sitting comfortably by the side of the artificial pool at the back of the Pokemon Center. As you approached her, you discovered her to be Courtney, the Team Magma admin! Of course, she is no longer hostile. However, she will simply challenge you to a battle to cure her boredom.

Her Pokemon roster is:

Spoiler:

The battle starts!

GM Notes: Success depends on the quality of the battle post. Winning/Losing the battle will not automatically dictate that your mission was a success or not. It is up to me if you're successful with the mission. End your post with the ending of the battle.

Reward: Option to evolve your Pokemon immediately after the battle.

3. The one going to do the "Is that an Aqua?" is...

No one! Only dud190 expressed intent on doing the second mission. So sad. However, it still is up for grabs! First come, first served though.

Good luck FireSnow and dud190!

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    [Mission Time]

1. The one going to do Senpai is...

FireSnow

As you arrive at Petalburg City, you see a young kid in his early teens talking to his mom. The kid has a bright-green hair, much like Brendan's rival, Wally, who now disappeared after the Delta Episode. Anyway, he is supposed to catch his first Pokemon but there is no one that can be bothered to show him how. You decided to teach him a thing or two.

Willard, of course, will accept your offer and the two of you will proceed to Route 102. At this point, you have two options: you can either show him how to catch a Pokemon (the Pokemon will be yours) or let him catch his own Pokemon (the Pokemon will be Willard's.) You decided to do one and the two of you go to the tall grass.

But then you were surprised by the encounter. It's a wild...

Spoiler:

What will happen then?

GM Note: The success of the mission will be on the capture post for the Meditite. Failure to capture the Meditite will mean failure for the mission. The capture will be decided by the GM (me!)

Reward: Meditite. If you choose to have Willard capture the Meditite, return to Petalburg City. Willard's mom will give you an Old Rod to use. The list of available Pokemon available for capture will be edited into the respective Chapter IC Posts.

2. The person doing the Is that a Magma? mission will be...

dud190

You are exploring the city of Petalburg when you chanced upon a lady in red uniform, sitting comfortably by the side of the artificial pool at the back of the Pokemon Center. As you approached her, you discovered her to be Courtney, the Team Magma admin! Of course, she is no longer hostile. However, she will simply challenge you to a battle to cure her boredom.

Her Pokemon roster is:

Spoiler:

The battle starts!

GM Notes: Success depends on the quality of the battle post. Winning/Losing the battle will not automatically dictate that your mission was a success or not. It is up to me if you're successful with the mission. End your post with the ending of the battle.

3. The one going to do the "Is that an Aqua?" is...

No one! Only dud190 expressed intent on doing the second mission. So sad. However, it still is up for grabs! First come, first served though.

Good luck FireSnow and dud190!

I'd like to grab the Is that an Aqua? mission, please!

jombii

Years
  • 2. The person doing the Is that an Aqua? mission will be...

asphodel

You are exploring the city of Petalburg when you chanced upon a man in blue uniform, hanging at the side of the Pokemon Mart. As you approached him, you discovered her to be Matt, the Team Aqua admin! Of course, he is no longer hostile. However, he will simply challenge you to a battle to cure her boredom.

His Pokemon roster is:

Spoiler:

The battle starts!

Good luck asphodel!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Sorry I haven't posted in a little while. Real life caught up to me and I had to deal with that. I will either post later today, tomorrow, or Monday depending on when I have time.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I also need to apologize for the delay in my posts- it's a jam packed weekend for me;; I have a much easier time posting on weekdays than weekends, so I'm real sorry about the wait!

edit: I'll post the skiddo encounter next post and hopefully we can be on our way to Petalburg by tomorrow! ;7;/ Sorry for delaying you asphodel!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I totally didn't lie about my previous post.

Anyway, my post is going to be really long(at least for me), so it has taken a longer time than normal to finish it. Should be up by tonight or tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    I also need to apologize for the delay in my posts- it's a jam packed weekend for me;; I have a much easier time posting on weekdays than weekends, so I'm real sorry about the wait!

edit: I'll post the skiddo encounter next post and hopefully we can be on our way to Petalburg by tomorrow! ;7;/ Sorry for delaying you asphodel!

Ahh don't apologize; I'm late to post as well--it's midterm week for me, but I should have a break from the work tomorrow, so I'll get a post up then!

jombii

Years
  • Wait, can we challenge the gym with two pokemon, or do we need three?

You can challenge the gym with two Pokemon if you only have two, although the battle will be a two-Pokemon battle only, without the per round pointing system. Meaning, the first one who loses all his/her Pokemon, loses the battle.

For those players who has three, you are required to participate in a three-Pokemon battle.

Also @FireSnow's capture of Tympole is successful!

A few reminders: Once you get the badge from Petalburg (or choose not to), there will be a few days of rest for you guys. I'm planning an event for the next route so, if you think you're done with Petalburg, have your characters sleep in an inn (there's some in town) or in the Pokemon Center (they provide free accomodation!)

AAAANDDDD

etherpad

update this please! I'll do it in my free time but you're free to help. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2023
    I just want to say, Ive been reading this RP, and Ive greatly been enjoying the writing. I'm a bit sad I missed the sign ups by about a week, but its been a great read.

Back