• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'm sure he is. I'm sure it's his most important work. Especially considering he himself voiced the cat and his wife voiced the girl =D
    They're probably talking about the BGs in that work not turning out as beautiful as his usual movies. Like, him not personally handling it. Maybe helping out by supervising because the work is so important to him like you mentioned.

On a different note, I just watched Boku dake ga Inai Machi. That was SUCH a good first episode. That ending twist I definitely felt coming because of the music and the atmosphere building upto it but yeah, it was still amazingly done. Really gotta give props to the Voice Actor for the lead character - its his first role and it was excellent. Also props to yuki kajiura for that score. Damn was the music SPOT ON. Definitely an AOTS contender based off of the first episode.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    They're probably talking about the BGs in that work not turning out as beautiful as his usual movies. Like, him not personally handling it. Maybe helping out by supervising because the work is so important to him like you mentioned.
    I see, that is probably true...
    On the other hand, you won't be able to look at BGs, with HanaKana MC, you just can't concentrate on anything else :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Mmm, just watched Bubuki Buranki's (or BBK/BRNK, as it's called) first episode. Considering it used CG (but wasn't full CG) I was a bit skeptical, but hot damn, this one really managed to impress me. Hadn't even heard of it, before, and I still don't know who the studio is or...really, anything about the show. The direction was great, the CG wasn't exactly fluid but it looked pretty great, the character designs were fun, and the art for the environments and like were pretty much on the same level.

Granted, I don't really expect it to be good past episode one, but this one's definitely nabbed a follow spot for at least a few episodes. Only reason I'm posting this here is because there's no thread for it and hell if I'm starting one.

---

Unrelated, Chie Satonaka's a Middle School landlord. wat.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Mmm, just watched Bubuki Buranki's (or BBK/BRNK, as it's called) first episode. Considering it used CG (but wasn't full CG) I was a bit skeptical, but hot damn, this one really managed to impress me. Hadn't even heard of it, before, and I still don't know who the studio is or...really, anything about the show. The direction was great, the CG wasn't exactly fluid but it looked pretty great, the character designs were fun, and the art for the environments and like were pretty much on the same level.

Granted, I don't really expect it to be good past episode one, but this one's definitely nabbed a follow spot for at least a few episodes. Only reason I'm posting this here is because there's no thread for it and hell if I'm starting one.

---

It wasn't even on my radar till now. But I'm definitely giving it a shot after reading that.

It seems I've picked up quite a decent amount of series this season. Right now I'm watching these:

Gintama 2015 (DAT SA ARC)
    Haikyuu S2 (I love this so much omg)
    Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Best pilot episode this season)
    Hai to Gensou Grimgar (Fantasy show with okay first ep but interesting bg art)
    HaruChika ( show that needs to be watched cuz PA Works)
    Musaigen no Phantom World ( show that needs to be watched cuz KyoAni)
    Prince of Stride (Madhouse + looks stylish + interesting premise)
    Oshiete Galko-chan (fun fun)
    Dagashi Kashi ( show that needs to be watched cuz studio Feel and I love the female MC's design)
    Ojisan to Marshmallow (looks like it'll be a fun short)

And it looks like I'm picking up 2-3 more. Will have my hands full this season, it seems lol

Edit:
    Dimension W
    Nijiro Days
    Ajin
    Shouwa Genrou Rakugou Shinjuu

These four, too. Along with Bubuki Buranki. Damn. I'm watching fifteen this time. That's a lot.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    ---

Chie is Kenshiro's long lost daughter.

Also, I like her higher pitched voice from P4 Golden and the P4 Anime.

One of my Favorite Scenes among many in the P4 Anime.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It wasn't even on my radar till now. But I'm definitely giving it a shot after reading that.

Yush, the indoctrination begi- UH I MEAN

Following a few shows, myself. So far I've got Bubuki, Osomatsu (because this show went from priceless to relatively tame to fucking great), Ojishmallow ('cuz it's just adorable), Phantom World (for now, we'll see), Gintama, Oshiete (Also a trial), That Landlord Show ('cause I wanna see Chie earn her spats, Terrible Animation SUPER SPARKING NEO CLIMAX ZA BESTO, and...I think that's it. For now, still cycling through. Definitely got more to see.

Witchcraft and multiverses, obviously.
    Y'know...this is what I should've been my first conclusi-

Oh. Ooooh. Oh Don, you and your Haruhism. Ohohoh you.

Also, I like her higher pitched voice from P4 Golden and the P4 Anime.
    I'm a big fan of her original voice since it felt a lot more realistic, subdued, and less trope-ical, which worked to make her character surprisingly more believable and cuter. Heck, I'd say it was a lot of the reason I liked her character and picked her in my run of the original.

That in mind, I like her new VA because she just has so much enthusiasm for voice acting. The voice definitely grew on me after a while.

Years
    Y'know...this is what I should've been my first conclusi-

Oh. Ooooh. Oh Don, you and your Haruhism. Ohohoh you.

uguu?

best quality smug Haruhi smile I could find on short notice; not the most smug I could find, but that one suffered through so much jpeg

What can I say? My Haruhiism knows no bounds, and it's paying dividends.

But seriously that's clearly the most rational argument to be made over that.

And I haven't picked up anything new this season aside from that middle school landlord one because it's a short and the main anime I'm anticipating this season haven't aired on my sources for them yet (DRRR!! and Dagashi Kashi - Funimation's releasing the latter today, 3 days after it aired).

Years
    So that's why people haven't watched it yet.
    Spoiler:

Well, there's always just going out and reading the manga. Chapters are like 10 pages max, though my source only has 38 chapters translated.

Funi is changing the way their streaming works coming up in February, though, and that might mean some changes to their overall appearance (though the dialogue of the subs will probably still attempt to be accessible to newer anime fans).

EDIT: Oh, look, Love Live!'s second group, Aqours, is getting an anime this summer! Anyone got any expectations?

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I'd definitely buy it, myself, but I'm not getting my hopes up because, well, it's a particularly niche thing that would suffer the same fate the Sgt Frog anime did: being sold to an anime who doesn't get the humor or nostalgia appeal.

Yep yep.

Though the anime (read: Hotaru's design) has managed to amass a pretty substantial western following already, still. All is yet not lost.

Tried an ecchi android show of some description tonight. It managed to keep my attention for all of seven minutes. It looked crisp as hell, though. Resolution rising, yeah, I was ready for a punchline. There was none, no matter how cute the girl was.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, growing up, Sgt.Frog was a really popular manga with my mostly non-manga reading classmates. Hell, I'd imagine none of them watched the show.

Also, can't believe I forgot Dagashi and DRRR!, definitely giving the former a look and...*sigh*...well, you know the deal with DRRR!.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back