• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah, growing up, Sgt.Frog was a really popular manga with my mostly non-manga reading classmates. Hell, I'd imagine none of them watched the show.

Also, can't believe I forgot Dagashi and DRRR!, definitely giving the former a look and...*sigh*...well, you know the deal with DRRR!.

Well, iirc, it only ran on the Funimation Channel and nowhere else.

That it did. Thanks, Hotaru's design!

Honestly, Hotaru isn't even the best part about the series anymore (her expressions are expected now). It's the whole Hotaru-Coconuts dynamic that makes it now.

Years
    It's definitely not. You can't really know much about the dynamic until you actually touch the series. I definitely wanted to find out what the hell the series was about when I saw screencaps of Hotaru's scans. It seemed stupid fun.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    She's just plain attractive to me. Yes, even those crazy eyes.
    maybe its just the bewbs though

Naah, just good design. Not just bewbs. Surely not...

derozio

Years
    ^ I couldn't help but laugh out loud at how things escalated so much so quickly XD;
    But as long as it isn't an action series, I can still see DEEN doing okay. Should be fine, man. They're doing the Sekai something something this season and that looks like it is fine. Despite being a deen work :p

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    ^ I couldn't help but laugh out loud at how things escalated so much so quickly XD;
    But as long as it isn't an action series, I can still see DEEN doing okay. Should be fine, man. They're doing the Sekai something something this season and that looks like it is fine. Despite being a deen work :p
    It's DEEN! It's freaking DEEN!
    That's like perfect opposite of Anime of the Year =D

derozio

Years
    lmfao. Yeah, maybe it'll get affected and the source material won't get the treatment it deserves.
    But if the material is good it'll still be worthwhile. I'm willing to give Deen a fair chance. As weird as it may sound coming from me. :p

Now, if it were Toei then that'd be a different case. Toei's got talented people but...yeah, their track record is pretty shitty so I don't really think I can ever give them the benefit of the doubt. Apart from the movies they make - those look gorgeous. :p

derozio

Years
    Well, not when their properties actually matter, at least.
    I was wondering which series you were referring to. But I didn't have to think much - Digimon. XD; They make the shounen One Piece movies look gorgeous while their heavily anticipated properties like Digimon movies aren't anywhere close to the quality level that those movies see. :p

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I was wondering which series you were referring to. But I didn't have to think much - Digimon. XD; They make the shounen One Piece movies look gorgeous while their heavily anticipated properties like Digimon movies aren't anywhere close to the quality level that those movies see. :p
    Well I was more referring to their second highest grossing property, Dragon Ball. Recently, specifically, which is even more egregious because One Piece does look good. Resurrection F, in particular, opened eyes to how little effort they were putting into a rather important movie from a monetary gains standpoint. Same with Super, really.

But y'know, I guess they've just mastered their min-max strategies. Put the minimum amount of money in to see the maximum possible gain. These guys...

derozio

Years
    It is only the movies, though. The TV series for One Piece is getting the same treatment. It is probably their most profitable series yet gets such bad treatment that it is pitiable.

Latest episode had Luffy vs Doflamingo. Perhaps one of the most anticipated fights of the series. Yet the animation on display was sad. It was just downright...bad. After having witnessed fights from shorter seasonal series, it looks plain jarring. But then again, even long-running series like Hunter x Hunter and Gintama manage to have REALLY amazing fight scenes.

It is all about how much effort they're willing to put in, really. And Toei doesn't look like it is trying.

I can't blame them from a financial standpoint though. They don't put in effort YET get loads of cash. Loads of profit for less work - who wouldn't want that?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm such a bad person I haven't started Erased >_<

Ever get into one of those moods where you don't really feel like watching anime?
    Legit only anime I've kept up with out of like the 16 I had planned for this season are Prince of Stride, Assassination Classroom, Haikyuu!!, World Trigger and Diamond No Ace II

... really need to get moticated and catch up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back