• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Gainax = broke for a few years. Their old shows were gold though. Replace Gainax with Trigger (where most of its employees went) and you're all good.

I personally like J.C Staff (Nodame, Honey and Clover etc.), Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell, Usagi Drop, Psycho Pass S1), A-1 Pictures (Shigatsu wa kimi no USO, Seven Deadly Sins, Magi), KyoAni (Clannad, Amagi Brilliant Park, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Madhouse (Parasyte, Monster, Redline, HxH) and Bones (Noragami, FMAB, Soul Eater) a lot. There are also new studios like Trigger (kill LA kill) and Mappa (Shingeki no Bahamut, Zankyou no Terror) which I like a lot.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • J.C. Staff is my favorite studio. Every anime they make, I will love. Even the ones that are awful, aha. They made a lot of anime I enjoy. I hate studio Xebec, though. They can't do anything right...not even Pandora Hearts. :x That anime should have gotten a season, but no, Xebec didn't give anyone one. ELLIOT ONLY GOT IN ONE EPISODE... LIKE WHAT THE HELL?!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I wish I knew anything about the companies involved in anime. I'm so plain, I don't really care who makes what, I just judge by "was the show good or shit."

It's better that you do that, 'cause companies underneath all that goodness can sometimes make horrible pieces of shit haha.

Take P.A. Works and their abomination from last year's Summer. They're the one that produces Angel Beats, which is one of my favorite anime, as well as the currently airing Shirobako which is also good. They're the one that made NagiAsu as well, and Another, and other shows I have plans to watch actually (just noticed that haha).

But oh god Glasslip.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I've learned a lot about anime in these past 5ish hours. I always just watch whatever sounds good regardless of who makes it or the reviews.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Everyone knows you watch several anime 'cause of HanaKana. There's really no need to point it out. :P
    Replace several with almost every and we have pretty much the truth =D

HanaKana a muk. Best grill is Kugimiya Rie. She voices Kagura from Gintama. 'nuff said. come at me, Sa-to-shi-kuuuuuunnn~
    Kugyu old news :P

Well, knowing the good companies can give you a sort of 'will this show be potentially good?' feel I guess.
    You know like Madhouse, Deen, Gainax, Kyoani. You know. All the good stuff.
    There's no need to strike KyoAni ;)

Still, no one mentions SHAFT, people Y U NO on drugs? =D

Candy

Years
  • Still, no one mentions SHAFT, people Y U NO on drugs? =D

I would like to comment about SHAFT, but the current inability to search for SHAFT head tilts is hindering me.

Of course, it won't stop me from mentioning Mekakucity Actors episode 9, the TV version.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • z1SIJ6Y.jpg

Episode 9 will always be remembered xD

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Awesome, dropped in the middle of a SHAFTROLL'd conversation.

SHAFT achieved KyoAni level of troll through MCA.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • It's better that you do that, 'cause companies underneath all that goodness can sometimes make horrible pieces of muk haha.

Take P.A. Works and their abomination from last year's Summer. They're the one that produces Angel Beats, which is one of my favorite anime, as well as the currently airing Shirobako which is also good. They're the one that made NagiAsu as well, and Another, and other shows I have plans to watch actually (just noticed that haha).

But oh god Glasslip.

That's exactly why I don't really care about production companies, haha. I like to make up my own mind about an anime, not judge it based on who made it.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • ufotable has a track history of having god tier levels of animation quality with only studio madhouse being a close contender (Death Parade)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Zero was done by Urobutcher? That explains why I loathed it. Everything that man touches is tainted beyond redemption, he's the anime equivalent of Motomu Toriyama. I would suggest cutting off his hands to prevent him from creating any more over-hyped monstrosities, but if anime has shown me anything that would probably only make the situation worse.

Well, everything he's done I've loathed except Psycho-Pass. I really enjoyed that; it reminded me of Ghost in the Shell, only with guns that make people explode, which could only be a good thing in context. It was well-written, had a great cast, and was disturbing as hell. Shame the second series was so awful, though...leaves me feeling a bit apprehensive about the movie.
    To each his own, I guess. :3c

ufotable has a track history of having god tier levels of animation quality with only studio madhouse being a close contender (Death Parade)
    ufotable and their Unlimited Budget Works.

That's exactly why I don't really care about production companies, haha. I like to make up my own mind about an anime, not judge it based on who made it.
    This ^

I don't have a particular studio bias because each studio, I'd like to believe, have their own gems.

Candy

Years
  • They ruined Ayano's Theory of Happiness with that CGI animation alone. No amount of head tilts can comphrehend that bit of animation haha.

Good thing they changed it in the Blu-Rays.

Nakala Pri

I have a super important uber question! Continue with yo discussion but please inform my person. >:(

How dirty is Fairy Tail? Keep in mind I have the odd person reading over my shoulder, so I really need to know. xD I realize that it has the ecchi genre, but how intense is it? I don't like anything dirty but the occasional big bosom-ed mage isn't really of MUCH concern.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have a super important uber question! Continue with yo discussion but please inform my person. >:(

How dirty is Fairy Tail? Keep in mind I have the odd person reading over my shoulder, so I really need to know. xD I realize that it has the ecchi genre, but how intense is it? I don't like anything dirty but the occasional big bosom-ed mage isn't really of MUCH concern.

Uh, from what I can remember it isn't too bad. There are..um..big breasts but I don't think there were many nude scenes. Mostly like ripped clothes?
    It isn't DxD levels so don't worry.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Fairy Tail's hardly dirty. It's just wobbling racks and walking chocolate bars and the occasional Celestial kinky references if you get my drift.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Naah, don't worry. It is all just meat balloons. Nothing more. Will state again, as always, Mashima knows how to draw females. Quite well.

Also I don't know what I think of SHAFT. I liked Madoka magica. But I disliked MCA. And I still haven't completed Bakemonogatari. So idk.

On another note, seeing digimon posters and shit has made me all fired up for the new digimon season. I've started downloading previous OPs and am soon gonna get hold of the seasons and rewatch them again before tri airs. <3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • ufotable has a track history of having god tier levels of animation quality with only studio madhouse being a close contender (Death Parade)
    Ufotable is godly, but that's also the reason why they don't do as many anime as MADHOUSE.
    They invest UBW into each work so they can't do many =D

They ruined Ayano's Theory of Happiness with that CGI animation alone. No amount of head tilts can comphrehend that bit of animation haha.
    But tilts made it bearable =D

And that's pretty much all you get. FT anime is ever less ecchi than manga.

And I still haven't completed Bakemonogatari. So idk.
    Complete it! Complete it right now! SHAFT without Bakemono is like MADHOUSE without Onii-sama KyoAni without K-On! You just cannot NOT take it into consideration when making an opinion on SHAFT =D (yea, and weed they smoke, but screw that)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back