• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • I just learnt that there's a bookstore that sells imported Light Novels, but they cost 100k IDR a piece. That's the price of a thick novel here, good lord. I guess I'll be content with online translations in the meantime.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I don't follow studios hugely, but I do like to keep track of them in some sense.
    Like I there are studios that I love, but they'll have something that doesn't really live it to previous works:
    E.G KyoAni had Free! and the right after had Glasslip. Madhouse has Death Parade, and yet pulled out Mahou Sensou.
    But if I know the name, I usually have a bit more of a look inside with plot, stories, trailers etc. before I watch.
    I don't usually do the "I'll watch it because it's by [insert studio name]"

Years
  • I'm guilty of watching things because X Studio/Creator made it. For example, watching every Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki film, or anything with Hiromu Arakawa or Kunihiko Ikuhara's name stamped on it.

I've been entertained by Gainax's works over the years, but still have yet to look into Studio Tigger's recent stuff like Kill la Kill or Little Witch Academia. Laziness, I guess.

Candy

Years
  • Horrible works underneath great studios is bound to happen in all studios anyway.

Complete it! Complete it right now! SHAFT without Bakemono is like MADHOUSE without Onii-sama KyoAni without K-On!

Is it funny that I haven't watch any of those two you've mentioned yet? :D

Candy

Years
  • Well K-On! is basically No Plot: The Anime. Unless you like cutesy stuff it's not worth the watch.

I've read the manga, so I know what it's all about. Well, can't expect a whole lot from an anime based of a 4-koma manga aside from cute slice-of-life stuff.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Oh wow, that's new. I didn't know K-On! was 4-Koma based. :p Don't plan to watch it anytime soon. Saw two episodes once and I disliked how pointless it was, sorry. :(

Although that's not to say I hate 4-Koma shows or anything. Gekkan Shoujo and DMC were absolute blasts! <3

Years
  • It's not pointless if your goal is to feel warm fuzzies after going through an emotional roller coaster. Though its effectiveness will vary based on what personally makes you feel warm fuzzies as well as what kind of emotional roller coaster you've been through.

I just learnt that there's a bookstore that sells imported Light Novels, but they cost 100k IDR a piece. That's the price of a thick novel here, good lord. I guess I'll be content with online translations in the meantime.

Having read this, I now feel recklessly irresponsible with my money having paid the equivalent of at least twice that for each of my LNs, especially since 100k IDR is roughly equivalent with the cost in USD of your standard paperback novel here.

pkmin3033

I didn't mind K-On! so much. It was better than, say, Lucky Star, although I generally prefer my "No Plot: The Anime" to be a little more satirical and/or random, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. If I want warm fuzzies I'll watch a proper magical girl show. xD

...the cast is adorable, though. The art style gives me fuzzies if nothing else...I want nendoroids of them. Too bad they cost a small fortune.

Years
  • Is Princess Tutu really that good? I've been on the fence about watching it. But all I hear is praise, still not too sure.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Oh whoops. That's right, it came after Nagi No Asukara xD fail thinking from the top of my head
    Oh come on =D Glasslip didn't have moe same faces like KyoAni works have =D

Is it funny that I haven't watch any of those two you've mentioned yet? :D
    There were three though :P

And... it's not funny, it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaad :P

pkmin3033

Is Princess Tutu really that good? I've been on the fence about watching it. But all I hear is praise, still not too sure.
    It depends on what you like, really. It takes a while to get going (the second season is definitely better than the first story-wise; the first has a very formulaic approach and lays the groundwork) but it's a clever show that takes influence from classic fairytales, various ballet and classical music, and spins it all together. The ending is painfully bittersweet, but it's an enjoyable enough ride.

Still, beware the shows which gain nothing but praise...Madoka was awful, and I've not seen a negative word against it outside of the controversial third movie. I'd say in Tutu's case that it has a very small, very dedicated fandom though. The people who praise it at the only ones who have actually heard of it and seen it. xD

For me, it's one of my top three anime and, if not for Suite Precure, would be my favourite magical girl anime. As it is...I'd have a hard time choosing between the two, aha. Check it out if you're curious and see what you make of it; it may surprise you~

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I know plenty of people who liked Princess Tutu. I don't know too much about it, but it's one of those less popular, but well received shows that I just haven't taken the time to give a try :)...

Candy

Years
  • I know plenty of people who liked Princess Tutu. I don't know too much about it, but it's one of those less popular, but well received shows that I just haven't taken the time to give a try :)...

Princess Tutu once aired at a local tv channel over here. Sad thing is that I don't get a single thing on what's going on 'cause my 10-year-old self isn't smart enough to understand haha.

It needs a re-watch from me now, 'cause 10-year-old self doesn't like since it's confusing her.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I haven't watched Princess Tutu, but it looks interesting. Like Revolutionary Girl Utena...but with dance recitals instead of sword battles...and ducks.

pkmin3033

I actually preferred Adolescence of Utena to the TV series; the characterization was more interesting, the symbolism got amped up to eleven (turning into cars, I ask you!) and the ending was much more satisfying. Utena was still a pretty good series - although I'd say it was far more formulaic and predictable than Tutu - but I think the movie just did a better job with the cast and the concept.

...plus it swapped their hairstyles around, and I think Utena looks better with shorter hair. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back