• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Thank goddess, K-On wouldn't be so cute if it was about boobed girls.
    In my experience with anime, boobed girls and plot rarely go together...the two things are often mutually exclusive. I don't think it would have made a difference if the K-On cast had been overly sexualised or not. xD

I'm also kinda amazed at the levels of praise and criticism K-On! has been getting...I mean, if it has no plot, then there's nothing to criticize! Other than the lack of plot, but I'd rather have a show with no plot than something like Mahouka or Sword Art Online, in which the plot is painful to sit through. It's a double-edged sword...it could be better, but it could be worse. xD

Years
  • In my experience with anime, boobed girls and plot rarely go together...the two things are often mutually exclusive. I don't think it would have made a difference if the K-On cast had been overly sexualised or not. xD
    The only anime I've seen that does it fairly well is High School DxD. The story is somewhat interesting and the fan service is a bonus. Well many people probably don't like it if they go in blind and don't know about the nudity.

I'm also kinda amazed at the levels of praise and criticism K-On! has been getting...I mean, if it has no plot, then there's nothing to criticize! Other than the lack of plot, but I'd rather have a show with no plot than something like Mahouka or Sword Art Online, in which the plot is painful to sit through. It's a double-edged sword...it could be better, but it could be worse. xD
    I haven't watched Mahouka so I can't comment. It gets plenty of love and praise on Reddit. And as far as I know the Light Novels are selling pretty damn well.
    SAO was really stupid not gonna like. But it had its redeeming factors. It was basically a one man show, but at least it sounded and looked good. It can be fun if you don't think too much when watching it.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh Mahouka and SAO. These anime with god-like main characters who just slay everyone. Haven't seen them, but they're so well-known, I might as well have watched them. I don't really care too much about Mahouka, but SAO...I don't like it.
    #onetruetatyusa

Ecchi shows don't really have any plot. You got panty shots, cleavage shots and the like. Bath scenes. I mean, there are a FEW that are great, but sometimes scenes like this can get on my nerves. It's REALLY uncomfortable. I'm looking at you, Shinmai Maou...

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • SAO only redeemed itself in my eyes because of its soundtrack and the Mother Rosario arc. Otherwise it would've been full-blown cancer. Never really gave Mahouka much thought because the opening song irked me so much. >_>

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • GGO is also a favorite 'cause of Fem!Kirito action. Nothing else.

#onetruetatyusa

#onetruetatyusa
    #onetruetatyusa
    #onetruetatyusa
    tatyusa

uguu?

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    #onetruetatyusa
    #onetruetatyusa
    #onetruetatyusa
    tatyusa

uguu?

Oh lord, I have forsaken him! Please forgive me!!!!
    #onetruetatsuya

But anyway, the one thing I do like about SAO, is the opening. It's some nice sounding stuff. Particularly the first one, Crossing Field. The start is great and it just gets me pumped. Then it just leads to an episode, that is filled with dialogue and exposition. Like, I'm cool with that, but I'm expecting at least some action.

Candy

Years
  • SAO's openings are always the best. It gets progressively better and always ends up as an ear worm. Too bad the series ain't that good. The endings are also really nice. The soundtrack as well, it has managed to make a playlist of its own unlike the other soundtracks where I mish and mash them into one playlist.

Now I feel like I watched SAO just for the soundtracks haha.

Years
  • More SAO talk. Guehuehuehue ~_~

Anyway, SAO has a special place in my fandom heart because it got me back into the Light Novel reading craze and revived my old love for VR stories. So I do get quite defensive with all the nonstop hate.

pkmin3033

The only anime I've seen that does it fairly well is High School DxD. The story is somewhat interesting and the fan service is a bonus. Well many people probably don't like it if they go in blind and don't know about the nudity.
    I've not watched that, but nudity and fanservice in general really doesn't bother me - unless it's like Vividred Operation, which zooms in on adolescent crotches and butts every three seconds for no adequately explored reason - so I might check it out somewhen.

I liked the first half of SAO, but not the second...Asuka's utter destruction as a strong and independant female protagonist ruined the whole thing for me. Plus Hollow Fragment, which was supposed to be a viable alternative to the awful second arc of the anime, was localized so poorly I couldn't bear to finish it. I've never read the light novels...should I?

...I could write a long, hate-filled essay about why Mahouka is the worst show I've seen since Chaos;Head, but I won't. Tatsuya would be one of the main reasons, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • boobed girls and plot
    This wasn't the plot I was talking about :P

I'm looking at you, Shinmai Maou...
    Shinmai is supposed to be like that, unfortunately, the censorship actually makes it unwatchable...

Oh lord, I have forsaken him! Please forgive me!!!!
    #onetruetatsuya
    You shan't be forgiven.
    May you repent your sins.

I liked the first half of SAO, but not the second...Asuka's utter destruction
    You mean Asuna?

...I could write a long, hate-filled essay about why Mahouka is the worst show I've seen since Chaos;Head, but I won't. Tatsuya would be one of the main reasons, though.
    BRING IT ON!

Years
  • Mahouka is OK, its just that it doesn't translate well being adapted since the magic system isn't very flashy as tradional fantasy wank.

Plus people don't like the whole describing everything aspect. Some prefer just turning off their heads see action nonstop and watching boobs fly off the screen.

Then there's the whole hate on OP characters, some prefer watching traditional shonen training montages and power ups through the power of friendship. That usually gets lots of applause.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • On the same length with Mahouka being okay. And me saying okay means it's just okay and not with the hype train.
    There were parts that I thought were pretty cool, but there were also parts that I got bored watching. Like the whole interschool competition - parts of that which I enjoyed watching and that part before that (raid of some sort?) which I found kinda boring.
    Haha idk, mixed feelings, but it didn't really live up to the hype I was expecting.

Candy

Years
  • I'm also more on the neutral side on Mahouka, but it's definitely one of the few anime that has garnered my interest in Light Novels. The concept of its magic is certainly not like your regular magic-based shows, which also garnered my interest.

Then there's the whole hate on OP characters, some prefer watching traditional shonen training montages and power ups through the power of friendship. That usually gets lots of applause.

I guess some people like to see characters like Natsu pwning bad guys with his NAKAMA POWAH instead of our lord and savior Tatsuya.
    #onetruetatsuya

I swear I'm getting more critical towards Fairy Tail each day, and it's even one of my favorite long-running shounen series.

Years
  • I dunno, honestly to me SAO's OP MC KiriAsu OTP WAS a breath of fresh air at the time when I was tired of traditional shonen buildup and dense donkan protagonist with a harem.

But then it became as it is perceived today due to author decisions and sales requirements.

Its somewhat of a pendulum I guess nakama power with whole arcs dedicated to training or OP "self-insert" MC's.

Though one thing I've learned these past 3 years is you can't "win" in today's anime/Manga community since perception is subjective.

Unless the genre is comedy. That always seems to get a round of glowing reviews due to its relative non controversial portrayals.

ShyRayq

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Subjectivity of course, affects opinion of anything. It's like the definition.
    Everyone's different, and as they say: gotta appeal to the most people.

I think this is especially hard with comedy. I mean, some people just have different senses of humour, and if someone doesn't find it funny, that basically ruins the entire point of a show. But I guess you could make that argument with every genre of anime: adventure/action and excitement, romance and sympathy(?)/feels, SoL and relaxation(in some cases).

Candy

Years
  • I dunno, honestly to me SAO's OP MC KiriAsu OTP WAS a breath of fresh air at the time when I was tired of traditional shonen buildup and dense donkan protagonist with a harem.

Their relationship feels completely fine to me actually. I mean, I don't really mind since it's short, sweet and to the point. Their characters though... with Asuna being a clingy tsundere girlfriend to Kirito most of the time, I grew to hate her 'til Mother's Rosario came to fix it haha.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Their relationship feels completely fine to me actually. I mean, I don't really mind since it's short, sweet and to the point. Their characters though... with Asuna being a clingy tsundere girlfriend to Kirito most of the time, I grew to hate her 'til Mother's Rosario came to fix it haha.
    I feel the same way too! I actually ship Asuna and Konno more than Asuna and Kirito xD Mother's Rosario is my favourite arc in the LNs and I always tear at its conclusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back