• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Normal).

Update #4 on Ruby.

Short Update: I beat Maxie and Groudon, as well as Wallace.

ultnormmaxie2.png

ultnormwallace.png

I'm at the entrance to Victory Road.

Team Norm:
Spr_3r_295.png

Barb the Hardy Exploud, ♀ - L45 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Secret Power, Shock Wave, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam
Spr_3r_289.png

Lazy the Adamant Vigiroth, ♂ - L46
Ability: Truant
Moves: Return, Yawn, Thunderbolt, Earthquake
Spr_3r_277.png

Saul the Sassy Swellow, ♂ - L46
Ability: Guts
Moves: Fly, Aerial Ace, Facade, Steel Wing
Spr_3r_335.png

Zagger the Bashful Zangoose, ♂ - L46
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Crush Claw, Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Dig

Also in the party:
Spr_3r_072.png

Tentacool, ♂ - L18 (Surf, Dive, and Waterfall slave)
Spr_3r_252.png

Treeko, ♂ - L12 (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash, and Strength slave).

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
Years
OK MEGA LONG POST COMING UP NOW

after i defeated watson i captured marill for HM slaving
taught it rocksmash
left mauville all pokemon LV 26
trained a bit on the following routes till all LV 29
arrived in Fallabour, captured a Lombre (lombro)
carried onj with the story until mt chimmney
defeated maxie and carried on to lavaridge but grinded on Jagged pass till LV 31.
taught scepta dig
challenged flannery and won using dig + b
rellas'

ok kinda went a bit strange with my update there and i have alot to cover
so yeah beat her last pokemon with sceptas dig and brellas leech seed
went to fight my dad and grinded a little in the desert to LV 32 (I know not very high but....) forgot to mention scepta learned leaf blade
battled my dad and beat him easily with brella
taught lombro surf and trained like crazy on the sea routes, got ice beam in the abandoned ship and taught to lombro
left the sea route with all pokemon lv 34
went to route 118 and surfed to route 119
captured tropius(tropia) grinded him on the route until LV 34
battled and defeated may and team aqua
taught tropius whirlwind, magical leaf and fly
grinded whole team to level 36 before challenging winona scepta evolved yay
challenged the gym and had to apply some serious strategy to altaria and skarmory
leech seed and grasswhistle all the way with relia
carried on with the story got up to team aqua base and turned off for a while
TEAM
scepta(sceptile)= leaf blade screech dig and quick attack
brella ( breloom)= sky uppercut mega drain headbutt and leech seed
relia (roselia)= leech seed ingrain grass whistle and giga drain
lombro (lombre)= nature power ice beam surf and giga drain
tropia(tropius)= body slam magical leaf fly and razor leaf

next day
ill off of school so i play right through the day
went through liza and tate with ease both pokemon weak to grass
got dive from steven and taught to marill
went diving for a blue shard, finally found it but i went to the abandoned ship and got TM rain dance and water stone
evolved lombro and taught him rain dance for his rain dish ability
went through all the water routes above and under water + currents
went through the deep sea cavern
went through cave of origin and defeated kyogre, no capture
went through wallaces gym he was sooooooo easy (except for milotics lethel ice beam grrrr)
left the gym taught marill waterfall and went to ever grande
went to sleep for the night
TEAM
all lv 43
scepta= leaf blade screech slam and dig
brella= sky uppercut brick break mega drain and headbutt
relia= leech seed ingrain giga drain grass whistle
lombro= surf ice beam giga drain and rain dance
tropia= body slam magical leaf solar beam and fly

today
another ill day
ok i got through victory road not to much drama got out with all pokemon lv 45 relia learnt toxic replaced for grasswhistle and brella tried to learn mind reader but i turned it down
went and grinded like crazy with gabby and ty till i got all my pokemon to LV 55 some new moves have been added like brella learnt dynamic punch replaced headbutt, roselia got rid of ingrain for petal dance tropia learnt synthesis got rid of body slam and i think that about it then i spent all my money ( after gabby and ty i got over £700 000) on healing items that i didnt use.

anyway i entered the pokemon league and....
SIDNEY
brella vs mightyena easy brick break OHKO
brella vs absol also easy brick break OHKO
tropia vs shiftry + cacturne + sharpedo fly OHKO'd the grass types then magical leaf put down sharpedo

PHOEBE
relia vs dusclops x2 + banette petal dance hit three times took them all down
then another banette came out and i think i remembered one knowing psychic so i pulled relia out. then out came lombro rain dance + surf = sweeping sableye + banette

GLACIA
ok prepared f0r the worst but underestimated brella OHKO brick break all the way through

DRAKE
i was like OMFG my lOMBRO has just ice beamed the hell out of everyone and they all went down in one hit i was like you have earned some treats when we're done

STEVEN
ok skarmory came out and brella dynamic punched him skarmory went down to half his HP then confusion struck from dynamic punch and he hit himself followed by my sky uppercut and he was out. then came cradily who lombro OHKO'd with ice beam then armaldo went the same way with surf. hen came claydol who tropia took out with a solarbeam. then came metagross who i think needed to feel the wraith of my lombro so i rain danced and took dow with two surfs. last but not least was aggron so i switched to relia and then straight to scepta ( i wanted them all to play a part in defeating the champion) scepta sorted him out with leaf blade and i was finished with the league. i'll post my hall of fame image later

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So, I started my UMC yesterday ~ But posting the update today <: Started on Red.

- Received Charmander as my starter & named Twisted.
004.gif

- Battled Gary & Won.
- Grinded until about Lv. 8
- Arrived at Viridian and beat Gary.
- Twisted learned Ember.
- Arrived at Pewter City.
- Defeated Brock.
- Twisted Learned Leer \o/
- Defeated a few trainers
- Twisted Evolved;
005.gif

- Arrived in Mt. Moon.
- Defeated some Rocket Grunts.
- Twisted learned Mega Punch via Tm.
[/end challenge update]

:'3

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
UMC Sinnoh leg finished

I lost to Cynthia the first time, so I sold a bunch of the items I accrued throughout the game to buy Revival Herbs, Revives, Hyper Potions, and Full Restores.

Challenged the Elite 4 again and when we got to Cynthia:
Started with Jinguk who used Flamethrower and Dark Pulse. When Spiritomb died, Cynthia switched to Milotic. I had Jinguk use Sunny Day before dying and used Taemin to fight him/her off. Togekiss killed him with Air Slash. Had Jinguk to use Sunny Day and Toxic before dying again. Revived Taemin and had him use Flare Blitz twice. Had to sacrifice and revive, sacrifice and revive to survive Garchomp long enough for him to run out of PP for Earthquake and Dragon Rush. Had Taemin Flare Blitz him/her and Flare Blitz Roseraide.

Got inducted to the Hall of Fame, watched the credits roll, and turned the emulator off when the screen said "Fin" and my game saved itself.

On to Unova/Isshu!

Years
Normal UMC update

Just gonna say it, 3rd generation is total garbage

I grinded a small bit, but then started using watson as a training dummy for his voltorb and magnemite so ziggy could level up a bit. I got a few lucky misses from him and finished his magneton with headbutt. garbage gym. But, the worst is over. Continuing my journey through hoenn...

I left the gym and used rock smash to reunite wallys cousin with her boyfriend and got strength. After that, i grinded all of my pokes and continued walking the path. I made it to route 114 and caught slasher, the female zangoose. I grinded him to level 19 and entered the cave. I caught team magma taking the metorite and i watched them run away. I picked up the moonstone and left. I made my way back to the volcano and confronted maxie. The funny thing about this battle, i used my brand new slasher and smoked his team, using 2 super potions. she was at level 22, and leveled up after camerupt. I continued through the path and got to lavaridge town and challenged the gym right away. It was a really easy battle. Slasher almost took out her whole team, but slash couldn't take out her torkoal in one shot, so ziggy had to finish the job with headbutt.

I went to my "Dads" gym and challenged it.. Slasher took out everyone of the trainers with one slash.. with help of swords dance, anyways. Norman, however, Slasher died at first. I used ziggys headbutt through both slakings, until the one that used focus punch was almost dead, then i switched out for slasher, who was revived by treecko, and swords danced during the loafing, and slashed both vigorath and slaking.

I walked back to mauville and surfed across to the other half of hoenn. I got Kit-Kat to level 31, having her learn covet and gave her the moonstone, getting me a delcatty. i made my way to the weather station where i found team magma who infiltrated it. I took them out easily and got a castform.. its normal, but dont want it. i stored it in my box and left the weather station. i run into my rival and beat her easily because of Ziggys surf, saving me from her combusken. The others died in a matter of shots from either Kit-Kat or Slasher. I got to fortree and found steven. i killed a kelceon and got the devon scope. I cleared the lizards from the area and entered the gym. I fought Winona and beat her easily thanks to Kit-Kats shockwave.

I traveled to mt. Pyre where i saw team magma go.. and thats it for stupid garbage hoenn for now

My Current Team...

Kit-Kat/Delcatty

Level 37

-Faint Attack
-Charm
-Covet
-Shock Wave

Slasher/Zangoose

Level 32

-Slash
-Crush Claw
-Swords Dance
-Pursuit

Amp/Loudred

Level 35

-Pound
-Uproar
-Astonish
-Stomp

Ziggy/Linoone

Level 35

-Covet
-Surf
-Mud Sport
-Headbutt

MarioManH

top kek
Years
I looked at this thread a few days ago and decided to do Ground for Hoenn as Giovanni as my insporation, heres my log for E4:
BTW This is my team before entering E4:
Swampert Water/Ground Type lvl 73
-Endaveor
-Muddy Water
-Protect
-EQ

Camerupt Fire/Ground lvl 67
-Eruption
-Fissure
-RS
-EQ

Flygon Ground/Dragon level 70
-Hyper Beam
-Dig
-SandStorm
-Dragon Breathe

Wishcash Water/Ground lvl 69
-Rest
-Snore
-EQ
-Future Sight

Claydol Ground/Psychic lvl 67
-AP
-Hyper Beam
-Cosmic Power
-Explosion

E4 Log:
Sidney:
He sends out Mightyeghna
I send out Swampert
Muddy Water KO's it
He sends out Shiftry
I send out Camerupt
Eruption kills it
He sends out Crawdaunt
I send out Claydol
Hyper Beam KO's it
He sends out Cacturne
I send out Camerupt
Eruption KO's it
He sends out Absol
I send out Swampert
Muddy Water KOs it
I win D:<

Pheobe:
She sends out Dusclops
I send out Swampert
Muddy Water KOs it
She sends out Bannete
Muddy Water KOs it
She sends out Bannete(These things piss me off)
Muddy Water KOs it
She sends out Sableye
Muddy Water KOs it
She sends out Dusclops(The higher level one)
Muddy Water KOs it
I win Again D:<

Glacia(Crap):
She sends out Sealeo
I send out Camerupt
Eruption KOs it
She sends out Walrein
Eruption gets critical and kills it(What luck)
She sends out Glalie
Eruption KOs it
She sends out Glalie
Eruption KO's it
She sends out Sealeo
Eruption KO's it

Drake(This is where I can use Flygon :D)

Will continue rest tomorrow.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Just gonna say it, 3rd generation is total garbage.

Well, it can be, especially against Wattson, but I think Zangoose makes up for it lol. Swords Dance + Return/Dig is ownage against Steven, as you will see here, for it's time for my...

Final Update (#5) on Ruby!

So I started in Victory Road.

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame/Trainer Card pics:

ultnormhoennhof.png
ultnormhoenntc.png

On to Sinnoh with Platinum!

Team Norm (Final):
Spr_3r_295.png

Barb the Hardy Exploud, ♀ - L55 @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Strength, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam
Spr_3r_289.png

Lazy the Adamant Slaking, ♂ - L55 @ Magnet
Ability: Truant
Moves: Return, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Yawn
Spr_3r_277.png

Saul the Sassy Swellow, ♂ - L55 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
Moves: Fly, Aerial Ace, Facade, Steel Wing
Spr_3r_335.png

Zagger the Bashful Zangoose, ♂ - L56 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Immunity
Moves: Return, Quick Attack, Swords Dance, Dig

HM slaves:
Spr_3r_072.png

Tentacool, ♂ - L18 (Surf, Dive, and Waterfall)
Spr_3r_252.png

Treeko, ♂ - L12 (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash, and Strength)

Most Valuable Pokemon:
Hoenn MVP: Zagger. Saul was my key member in the early going, but when Zagger came on, he was able to beat a couple overleveled gym leaders with ease due to Swords Dance, and was my best closer by far in the second half. Honorable Mention: Barb. She was the only one to stand up to Wattson, the toughest gym leader by far.
Elite Four MVP: Zagger. Zagger was the reason I won against Glacia and Steven, my two hardest foes. Honorable Mention: Saul. He played key roles against Phoebe and Drake, two opponents that Zagger was useless against. Saul also beat several of Sidney's team, although that was more due to type matchups.
Steven MVP: Zagger. Without a doubt, Zagger was the reason I won. A triple Swords Dance allowed him to almost sweep the board, only failing because of my mistake in having him use Return against Metagross.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Started this on Pokemon Red, Going to choose grass type.

Bulbasaur got picked, defeated Gary, delivered Oak's parcel and now in the first route training to level 8.

Upon reaching Pewter City, Bulba was level 11. Went into Brock's gym and battled his little friend. Knowing from past experience I defeated the trainer, healed and trained to level 13 just outside the forest. Once level 13, I fought Brock and with 2 vine whips on each pokemon, he was finished

blue

gucci
Years
Falkner

So Falkner wasn't much of a challenge giving that we both used flying types so it was pretty an evenly matched battle, with the advantage of me having higher levels.
First up is Falkner's Pidgey, Level 7, not too much of a threat against my Level 15 Pidgey and after a couple of speedy Quick Attacks, Pidgey was taken down.

Now onto Falkers second and final Pokémon, Pidgeotto Level 9, this thing is more of a threat as it has the advantage with Mud-Slap which is super effective against flying types and also lowers accuracy, but luckily this case didn't arrise as I defeated it quickly with 3 Quick Attacks giving it the chance to use only 2 Gusts!

Defeated Falkner and obtained the Zephyr Badge & TM 31!

Overall this was a fairly easy battle which didn't take long at all!
Onto Azalea Town & Bugsy!

The Team

Pidgey Lv. 15
gbc016.gif

Zubat Lv. 10
gbc041.gif

So after alot of training and kicking some Team Rocket butt and Pidgey evolving into Pidgeotto! it's time to face the 2nd Gym Leader of Johto, Bugsy he specilises in Bug-Type which is an advantage for my flying types!
Bugsy's first Pokemon is Metapod Level 14 against Zubat Level 18, Metapod didn't pose too much as a threat to me with a limited move set of Harden and Tackle, which only took one supersonic and a couple of Bites before it was knocked out!
Bugsy's second Pokémon too send out is Scyther Level 16, so I decided to switch to Pidgeotto Level 18 as Zubat dosen't know any flying type moves yet. So Scyther started off using FuryCutter but that didn't last for long as Pidgeottos first gust dealed more than half the damage and with another Gust Scyther was defeated within seconds, now that I've taken down Bugsy's main Pokémon, he only has one left, and I think it's safe to say that I've won this battle.
Bugsy's third and final Pokémon too be sent out is Kakuna Level 14, again it didn't pose much of a thread with a limited moveset similar to Metapod, I switched back to Zubat for some exp and with, again a Supersonic and a coupe of Bites, Kakuna was defeated, thus giving me victory!

I defeated Bugsy and obtained the Hive Badge and TM49,

Overall, this battle was again.. well easy, next onto Goldenrod City and Whithey... gulp.

The Team

Pidgeotto Lv. 18
gbc017.gif

Zubat Lv. 18
gbc041.gif

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Update time!: I beat up all the Rocket's hanging around in Slowpoke Well (who wants to hang around in a dark, damp well? to each their own, I guess...). Also, I beat up most of the gym trainers in the Azeala Gym. Just one more battle before I heal up and take on Bugsy.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Update #2

- Defeated More Rocket Grunts and Nerds.
- Exited Mt. moon.
- Entered Cerulean City.
- Beat Gary yet again.
- Beat Misty.
-
005.gif
Lv28.
- Defeated Nugget Bridge and all the trainers above.
- S.S Anne ticket is now mine :'3
- Received Dig after beating up that rocket dude.
- Went down to Vermillion
- Beat all the trainers on the way down and then to the east of the city.
- Defeated all Trainers on the boat except Gary
- Grinded north of Vermillion.
-
005.gif
Evolved into
006.gif

- Owned Gary and Lt. Surge.
- Saved my game :'3

006.gif

Lv 38.
Dig
Body Slam
Mega Punch
I can't remember > >

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
I beat Red for the first time in my life. Feels good ^^

Before I move on to Emerald (got one for cheap on Ebay that should arrive this week) a little synopsis for future Ground type users on Soulsilver:

Team Soulsilver:

34.png

Loverboy the Nidoking, Level 73

Moves
Spoiler:

Overview
Spoiler:

195.png

Bowser the Quagsire, Level 72

Moves
Spoiler:
Overview

Spoiler:

473.png

Tinkerbell the Mamoswine, Level 74

Moves
Spoiler:

Overview
Spoiler:

112.png

Sputnik the Rhydon, Level 74

Moves
Spoiler:

Overview
Spoiler:

HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

Most Valuable Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Short Soulsilver review
Spoiler:

So much for that, I'll update as soon as my Emerald arrives from the ebay-bloke.

Cheers,
Peter

blue

gucci
Years
whitney

Ok, so you all know that Whitney is a pain in the a**, with her devious Miltanks, Rollout, Milkdrink, Attack & Stomp combination, so I wasn't surprised that I didn't get it the first time round it did however take me less attempts than expected, I defeated her on the fourth attempt I thought that It would take more than ten attempts, especially with me at a disadvantage of using Flying types. So after three failed attempts I decided to go and battle a few trainers to get my Pokémons levels up abit, whilst doing this, Zubat evolved into Golbat at Level 22, anyway onto the battle.

First Pokémon sent out is Clefairy Level 18, this is Whitneys first Pokémon and isn't that hard to take down, only thing you need to be aware of is it's Metronome because it can produce some powerful attacks, but It didn't have time to do that as it only took me 2/3 hits to defeat it
Whitney's final Pokémon is Miltank Level 20, this thing is a pain, Rollout & Milk Drink are a deadly mix, but luckily with Golbats Supersonic, Miltank didn't get a chance to hit which was very lucky and gave me room to throw in a few Bites and won without any damage dealt to any of my Pokémon!

Overall, this battle was fairly difficult as expected.

I obtained the Plain Badge and TM45... after Whitney stopped sobbing of course,

anyway.. onto Ecruteak City & Morty!

The Team

Pidgeotto Lv. 23
gbc017.gif

Golbat Lv. 23

gbc042.gif

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I'd like to start a monotype challenge. ^_^

Username: Omicron
game Name: Omicron
Type: Water
Game Heartgold

It will be pure awesomeness :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Platinum Start!

Picked the female character.
Name: Norma
Rival: Joe
Starter: Twiggy the Turtwig

- Went through all the initial plot stuff.
- As soon as I got Pokeballs, I caught Beav the Bidoof.
- Trained up Beav through Jubilife and defeated Joe easily.
- Reached Oreburgh City and went to find Roark in the Mine.
- In the Mine, Beav evolved into Bibarel and learned Water Gun.
- Took on the gym.

ultnormroark.png

Won easily. Geodude and Onix were OHKOs and Cranidos a 2HKO even with a Potion, all with Water Gun.

- Went back to Jubilife and helped Lucas fight off Team Galactic.
- Made my way to Florama Town.
- Beat Mars in the Valley Windworks.
- Finally got to Eterna Forest and caught Lola the Buneary.
- Trained Lola to L19 in the Forest with Cheryl's help.
- Reached Eterna City, where I saved the game.

Team Norma:
Spr_4p_427.png

Lola the Lonely Buneary, ♀ - L19 @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Run Away
Moves: Quick Attack, Defense Curl, Frustration, Foresight
Spr_4p_400_m.png

Beav the Hasty Bibarel, ♀ - L23 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Unaware
Moves: Headbutt, Water Gun, Hyper Fang, Rollout

HM slave:
Spr_4p_387.png

Twiggy the Turtwig, ♂ - L9 (Rock Smash, Flash)

blue

gucci
Years
Morty

So, now that we've released the three legendary dogs into the wild and got a new member to the team (Hoppip, who is now Jumpluff), it's time to take on the 4th Gym Leader of Johto, Morty, he specialises in Ghost type which are weak to Dark, Psychic and Ghost types, lucky for me I had Golbat who is part Dark type, anyway, onto the battle.

Morty's first Pokemon is Gastly Level 21, which is one of his easiest Pokémon as it dosen't really tend to deal alot of damage, and with only 2 bites, it's defeated giving it the chance to only slide in one Mean Look.
Morty's second Pokémon is Haunter Level 21, who again, isn't much of a threat which tends to use tactical moves like Spite and Curse, but it's not long before a couple of bites again takes down his Haunter who only manages to throw in a couple of Spites
Morty's third Pokémon is Gengar Level 25, this thing you have to look out for because it can be tricky if it knows the right tactics, it knows Shadow Ball, Mean Look, Hypnosis and Dream Eater which are a nasty mix if it occurs, but I easily take it down by confusing it and about 3/4 Bites, luckily for me my Golbat was a couple of levels higher so I had the advantage.
Morty's fourth, and final Pokémon is Haunter Level 23, I don't know why he dosen't sent Gengar out last but yeah, this pretty much confirms I have the battle complete, but this Pokémon can also be kind of a pain, but with gaining an extra level from defeating the first three Pokémon I'm about 4 levels higher so I quickly throw in a couple of bites and a Supersonic and the battle is over!

I obtained the Fog Badge & TM30

So next.. it's onto Cianwood Island and Chuck, Pidgeotto, get ready!

The Team

Pidgeotto Lv. 29

gbc017.gif

Golbat Lv. 27

gbc042.gif

Jumpluff Lv. 30
gbc189.gif

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
Years
hey i was thinking if i started and UMC now would it be to late to count my sapphire if not i'll start on blue now.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
@k137an: You have to go in order.

Also, a rather unhappy post on my part.... My fire type UMC has to be put on hold, and when I resume it I have to start the Johto leg over again.... My system (with game in it) was stolen recently. :/ So now I've got to find a new working Silver. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back