• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Underrated Unova Pokemon?

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
  • Druddigon is a very underated Unova pokemon. Because the other dragons availabe are much better most people won't choose him. I'll be honest he is the worst dragon stat wise the gen but he is still an awesome pokemon. Mine was level 49 and it 2HKOed N's Reshiram. With Dragon Claw! Now you may see how strong he is. Next time you need one more team member, give Druddigon a chance.

Years
  • A Pidove with a +Attack nature and Super Luck. Once you find the Scope Lens, it's STAB moves really take a chunk out of things like Roggenrola and Boldore that resist them.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • A Pidove with a +Attack nature and Super Luck. Once you find the Scope Lens, it's STAB moves really take a chunk out of things like Roggenrola and Boldore that resist them.

Epecially with high critical hit rate moves like air cutter, though that's a special attack. With all those critcal hits Unfeazant can be an excellent team member

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
  • Stunfisk is underrated, Id say. Sure, its not like super amazing, but its okay. Its not as terrible as people say it is.

Id also say Alomamola is underrated. Its a great physical wall, and has great Wish support.

Years
  • Beheeyem for me is underrated, also Unfezant, yeah, it's not as good as previous early regional birds, but is good for ingame.

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
    Years
  • Stunfisk is underrated, Id say. Sure, its not like super amazing, but its okay. Its not as terrible as people say it is.

Id also say Alomamola is underrated. Its a great physical wall, and has great Wish support.

My Alomomola is awesome. Wish, Protect, Scald and Light Screen.
    Light Screen covers her Sp Def, Scald is for damage and status and Wish/Protect for when she's low on HP. Surf could be used in place of Scald for the extra power boost

Also, Watchog. Mine is lvl47 with Return, Hyper Fang, Crunch and Baton Pass and I have no problems. Return and Hyper Fang do lots of damage on anything that doesn't resist not to mention Hyper Fang can flinch, Crunch can give the Def drop and Baton Pass is to get out in a bad situation.

Years
  • Epecially with high critical hit rate moves like air cutter, though that's a special attack. With all those critcal hits Unfeazant can be an excellent team member

Hey, Marriland uses an Unfezant in his Pokemon White Adventure video playthrough and he loves that moment when his Unfezant (nicknamed "Hope") scores that coveted Critical Hit.

Unfezant with Super Luck ability + Scope Lens can become the ultimate "Critical Hit Bird" just like what Marriland says.

I know its Air Slash and Air Cutter don't hit well due to its low Sp. Atk but at least Scope Lens combined with the Super Luck ability can increase that chance of Critical Hits, I used an Unfezant in Black up until the 7th Gym which when I eventually trained up Archeops.

I still like to bring my Unfezant out for fun, plus mine's got a Quiet nature which boosts that Sp. Atk a bit. And of course her ability is Super Luck, cos Big Pecks makes it useless.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • After a few points made in one of my VMs, I've realised how under-rated Galvantula really is.
    It has almost full accuracy with Thunder outside of rain, which is very rare. Shame about the Stealth Rock weakness, though.

Years
  • I feel sorry for Sigilyph, it has awesome Sp. Atk and Speed but I see so few people using it.

It's design is awesome plus it learns some great attacks.

Beartic also feels neglected, it learns some great TMs. Even though Icicle Crash is the only Physical Ice move it learns by level-up, it does pick up Avalanche and/or Ice Punch from breeding.

I give my Beartic lots of different TMs, mine loves using Brick Break. Bulldoze also helps fix that Speed problem.

And also the two-headed ice cream, Vanilluxe deserves a mention. It learns Flash Cannon (which counters its Rock weakness and also takes down other Ice-types too), has great Sp. Atk and out of the 3 Unova Ice-type families, it is found earlier than Beartic's family and Cryogonal.

Last but not least, the Electric zebra - Zebstrika. I used one early in my playthrough of Black and mine managed to sweep Elesa's entire team when I battled her. It was a strategy I never expected maybe because my Zebstrika's so tough. It can also Flame Charge to boost its already high Speed.

Read this meme I made:

Underrated Unova Pokemon?

Last edited:

B3R

UK Number 1
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Most Underrated:
    1 Liepard: Just the best Pokemon ever. No argument. (There are reasons)
    2 Mienshao: Fluffy wings. Epic
    3 Sawsbuck: Very useful and changes form. Mega cool.
    4 Bouffalant: Never heard of anyone using one. Looks reasonable.
    6 Alomomola: Only water Pokemon worth having in Gen V. OK I suppose.

Infernal_Storm

Blazing Hero
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    For me, the most underrated Pokemon are probably Scolipede because it can be a real team wrecker with Steamroller if you're not prepared, but also Acheops, because it's hardly used because of its terrible ability.

Years
  • Has anyone mentioned this guy yet?

Underrated Unova Pokemon?

I've used a Simisage in White (Didn't start with Tepig.) and he was one of my best Pokemon I've used.

Simisage, that thing is so cool plus Cilan uses a Pansage not only in the games but also the anime.

If you compare Simisage to the other Grass-types in Black & White (Sawsbuck, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Maractus, Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Leavanny and Virizion), Simisage has a good movepool (which is usually rare for Grass-types) with great moves like Shadow Claw, Brick Break and even Acrobatics. Simisage has a similar moveset with Simipour and Simisear.

But yeah, I'm a big fan of the elemental monkeys in general.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Simisage, that thing is so cool plus Cilan uses a Pansage not only in the games but also the anime.

If you compare Simisage to the other Grass-types in Black & White (Sawsbuck, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Maractus, Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Leavanny and Virizion), Simisage has a good movepool (which is usually rare for Grass-types) with great moves like Shadow Claw, Brick Break and even Acrobatics. Simisage has a similar moveset with Simipour and Simisear.

But yeah, I'm a big fan of the elemental monkeys in general.

Meh I'd say it's bad compared to the others. For example, Sawsbuck gets the Chlorophyll boost, Lilligant gets things like Quiver Dance, Whimsicott can stall out opponents, Maractus is useless, Ferrothorn can set up hazards, Amoonguss idk, Leavanny idk, and Virizion has massive power and speed. Really, when compared to those Simisage loses and is definitely not underrated because it shouldn't be rated at all in comparison :x

Detso

~•Artisticness!•~
    Years
  • I like Simisage, too. I used a Pansage up untill the 7th gym, when I evolved it. It worked great for me.

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Musharna is underrated. It's never the topic of discussion. However, I can say I've used one and it gets my respect. It can take a hit and dish them out too!

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I think Stunfisk is underloved. It can do some damage, and has good typing. Movepool is not too bad, and its a fun derp to use!

Back