• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • I won't be able to get the Australian one.The closest i am to a participating one is Adelaide.>_<But,hopefully they'll release the Azure Flute at Target sometime.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I just got it this morning. It isn't EV trained at all, and it is already level 100, which is a disappointment.

Oh, and don't worry if you can't get it today. There's still another week that the event is going on, iirc.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    just got back. Wont be able to use him for a while but its a nice addition to my future team.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Currently, it's available at EB Games in Australia, and Toys R Us in America. To get it, you will need to have activated Mystery Gift (which you can only do if you've beaten Roark, since a clown will be blocking the way to the Jubilife Department Store beforehand).

That'd be a game breaker, though...
    *Player beats Roark with hard-trained Pokémons...*
    Ooh! Look! A Lv 100 Arceus! I'll get it!
    *proceeds to beat the game using only Arceus, leaving everything else underleveled*
    *notices his old party*
    Who are you again?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Currently, it's available at EB Games in Australia, and Toys R Us in America. To get it, you will need to have activated Mystery Gift (which you can only do if you've beaten Roark, since a clown will be blocking the way to the Jubilife Department Store beforehand).

That'd be a game breaker, though...
    *Player beats Roark with hard-trained Pokémons...*
    Ooh! Look! A Lv 100 Arceus! I'll get it!
    *proceeds to beat the game using only Arceus, leaving everything else underleveled*
    *notices his old party*
    Who are you again?
    Most likely what will happen to me..

Damn.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012

You just have to obtain the Pokedex from Prof. Rowan at the beginning of the game. You couldn't have completed the pokedex unless you used an ARDS anyway.

Of course xD

One more thing - I have Diamond and Platinum, can I take both with one DS and still receive Arceus on both game cards?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I've seen the event in Magazines, but they say the event's in K-Mart, not EB Games.
    I might go get it on Tuesday or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2012
    I've seen the event in Magazines, but they say the event's in K-Mart, not EB Games.
    I might go get it on Tuesday or something.

I went to the EB Games website and it says that you can get Arceus there.

ebgames.com.au/news said:
    From Thursday 5 November – Monday 16 November, Pokémon™ players will be able to receive the Mighty Arceus! Simply by taking their Nintendo DS® or Nintendo DSi™ and a copy of Pokémon™ Diamond, Pokémon™ Pearl or Pokémon™ Platinum Version into selected EB Games stores, fans can add this extremely hard-to-find Pokémon to their game. Arceus holds powers unlike anything seen before!

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Woot im gonna get arceus today ^-^

Of course xD

One more thing - I have Diamond and Platinum, can I take both with one DS and still receive Arceus on both game cards?
    Yes, so you can basically get two, one on each game, unless somone that works there wont let you that jerk D:<

Last edited:
    Years
  • Woot im gonna get arceus today ^-^

Yes, so you can basically get two, one on each game, unless somone that works there wont let you that jerk D:<
    lol, did that happen to you or something? I'd just go back later if that happened; it's not like they would remember you.

I'm about to get my 3 Arceus'seseses in just a few minutes, but I might not have time to sit down and soft reset for good ones. I probably won't get a chance to do that until next weekend.

I heard you can't EV train them, though, since they're at LV 100. :/ Has anyone actually tried?

EDIT: Just got back from TRU. It was a madhouse in there! o_O No older kids, unfortunately. :\ However, I was quite amused at the lack of knowledge between the younger kids and the employees. It's understandable that the young kids don't know how it works, but the employees should, at the very least, walk them through the steps that ARE ON THE BIG SIGN for crying out loud.

Young kid: How do I get teh Arceus thingy?
    Employee: Uh.....just start your game and....uh....hit "download".
    Me: *snicker*

I probably should've helped, but I was trying to keep on the down-low, and besides, it was too funny!

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • ^^^^^
    but I was trying to keep on the down-low

From who or what??

Sorry i'm nosy......

Well I went the first day and got one for my Platinum and Diamond, and surprisingly I was the only one there for that at the time. I expected it to be packed with kids but there was nobody there for the event. Maybe they just didn't know about it yet or something.....

The Arceus are kind of useless since you can't EV train them, i'm most likely gonna trade one when I get my Wi-Fi working again.

And since I got this Arceus, does that mean I won't be able to get the Azure flute when the real Wi-Fi event comes out?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • EDIT: Just got back from TRU. It was a madhouse in there! o_O No older kids, unfortunately. :\ However, I was quite amused at the lack of knowledge between the younger kids and the employees. It's understandable that the young kids don't know how it works, but the employees should, at the very least, walk them through the steps that ARE ON THE BIG SIGN for crying out loud.

Young kid: How do I get teh Arceus thingy?
    Employee: Uh.....just start your game and....uh....hit "download".
    Me: *snicker*

I probably should've helped, but I was trying to keep on the down-low, and besides, it was too funny!
    Haha, I've had the same experience too. :D If the TRU employees are positioned in the electronics section, you would think that they know how to work a DS.. However, no one wants help from me, seeing as a girl helping a boy at a video game would crush his ego. :<

And since I got this Arceus, does that mean I won't be able to get the Azure flute when the real Wi-Fi event comes out?

Unless you have hacked the Azure Flute, you can still get the item from a possible WiFi event.

I got 2 Arceus yesterday, as my third game has 3 wondercards (Shaymin, Deoxys, Dragonite) to soft reset for.. Sigh. I do not think Arceus can be trained but I want to SR for a good one. XD

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Unless you have hacked the Azure Flute, you can still get the item from a possible WiFi event.
    Good thing I don't hack then :D

Besides if I hacked I wouldn't be playing these games anymore, because I would have everything and it would get boring. I'm pretty sure this is why you see all those used pokemon games at Gamestops, because people got bored of them from using AR's.

Well, it was slightly embarrasing to be the only 20 year old in the store, surrounded by 5-10 year olds. So I was trying not to be.....you know....nerdy.....

Hence "on the down-low."

When you learn to get over that, you'll have much more fun with your life. I did, hell I even found out a few of my friends like pokemon. They don't have any of the new versions because they don't want to waste money on them, but one of them plays one of the gameboy versions every night for fun and to help him get to sleep. :D

Besides, it's not like you would most likely see any of those people again......

Okay lol i'm kind of going off in a rant, so just do what you want dude :D

Woah, double posts automatically get merged, that's dope! They need this feature on all forums......

Last edited:
    Years
  • Haha, I've had the same experience too. :D If the TRU employees are positioned in the electronics section, you would think that they know how to work a DS.. However, no one wants help from me, seeing as a girl helping a boy at a video game would crush his ego. :<
    Lol, I'm not like that (but I know some guys that are). Actually it's a bit of fresh air to see a girl playing pokemon. The ratio of boys to girls always seems to be like 9000 to 1, at least in my experience.
    Sigh. I do not think Arceus can be trained but I want to SR for a good one. XD
    Same. I'm going to try to soft reset for an Adamant one and EV train it anyway, because I'm just that hard-headed.:P If it doesn't work, here's hoping they release the Azure Flute.

When you learn to get over that, you'll have much more fun with your life. I did, hell I even found out a few of my friends like pokemon. They don't have any of the new versions because they don't want to waste money on them, but one of them plays one of the gameboy versions every night for fun and to help him get to sleep. :D

Besides, it's not like you would most likely see any of those people again......
    I'm usually not embarrassed (I have pretty thick skin, for the most part) but for some reason, I couldn't help it this time. Heh, the other day I was telling people not to be embarrassed to go, and look what happened to me! I'll try taking both of our adivce. :P

BTW, I admire your confidence. We could all use a little more of that.

Back