• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
  • i think they are trying to apeal to an older generation of gamers.
    i started with yellow way back when i was like 4? and the older i got i hoped for more bestly pokemon.
    i played pokemon in ge three with no idea of rayqauza even excisting and kyogre disapointed me in it's looks but groudon made wana keep playing cause it was imediate pwnage.
    so the looking more sinister of pokemon is a plus for me.

p.s. has anyone noticed(he asked sarcasticly) that pokemon means poket monsters??? monsters. thats what they are suposed to be!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • They remind me of Digimon.

Aren't you people just SICK AND TIRED of "Oh they're sooo like Digimons" and all the nonsenses? You're just making a nuisances of yourself here.

On topic, I really loved them both though Reshiram owns :D

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • yeah lol. but just think of it...

Team Rocket Grunt sent out ZUBAT!

Go! METALGREYMON!

it just screams absolute BEASTLY WIN!!!!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Don't think anyone's posted this yet. I dug around on the official site. They've put the box art up too.
    Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

EDIT: Seems they have on another thread. Quick off the mark you lot~

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • so dark actually has a counterpart. it would have the same weakness's and super effective abilities as dark but dark and light would be regularly effective against each other. but that's just me...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    About them not seeming to be a Pokemon:
    In the 215th volume of Nintendo Power, (which featured an article about the then upcoming Pokemon Diamond and Pearl) Sugimori said, "I do feel that I always want to show new Pokemon that people have never seen before. To do that, I think of ways that I can surprise the players. That doesn't mean anything goes as long as the idea's new, but I design the new Pokemon so the players can believe that these are different from previous Pokemon, but are still Pokemon. Even if people say these don't look like Pokemon at first, they're designed so that they grow on you. As you look at it, it begins to look more like a Pokemon. They're designed intentionally to look a little awkward at first."

What is bolded is true. It grew on me while I was writing a review.

Nintengod

Elite Battler & Contest Master
    Years
  • inb4Reshiramislighttype

Obvious light and darkness gods. Arceus had more subordinates apparently, they both have a similar body type to palkia and dialga...

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'd say the name/computer reference is nothing more than coincidence, or that it's not going to have a HUUUUGE impact on what the game will be like. Gen I didn't have any connection to anything Spanish, but look at the names of the bird trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres).

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created in the game by some means? Zekrom looks almost robotic.
    I'm not too fond of Reshiram though, The wings for arms thing is kind of weird, and the tails on both of them resemble something you'd see on a rocket.

While I'm at it, I might as well say that I don't like their names either. I'm not even sure on how to pronounce them, so I'll have to wait until I hear someone else say it. Resher-ram? Resh-eye-ram?

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    okay, to clear everything up we had 4 dragon mascots(rayquaza, dialga, palkia, and giratina), plus 2 extra in gen three(latias and latios). 6 dragons plus a possible two more is to many for me. and in a way lugia reminds of a dragon but that is a whole nother conversation.

oh yeah, forgot about Giratina. Yeah 6 dragon pokemon but we're not including latios/latias. Then again I can't believe I'm going on about this still. All I gotta say regarding this topic is...welcome two new members to the dragon legendary group.

Jarate

The Jar Based Karate
    Years
  • The more I look at Zekrom the MORE Digimon it looks, it seem the art is having the opposite effect on me. Look at the head in particular, so many Dragon/Dinosaur digimon have a similar head, it seems remind me of one of Zeed Millenniummon's heads in particular, though I can't decide which. Zekrom's body shape looks more like a Yugioh design the more I think about it as well. There is a "Traditional Pokemon look" that you know when you see it. Zekrom doesn't have that look at all. Reshiram is the same to a lesser extent, but the face makes it look more like a Pokemon at least.

Of course, this is all just my honest opinion.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    These look less like actual pokemon, kind of like they were created? Zekrom looks almost robotic.
    I'm not too fond of Reshiram though, The wings for arms thing is kind of weird, and the tails on both of them resemble something you'd see on a rocket.

While I'm at it, I might as well say that I don't like their names either. I'm not even sure on how to pronounce them, so I'll have to wait until I hear someone else say it. Resher-ram? Resh-eye-ram?

They should be pronounced how they're spelled. Zehk-rahm and Reh-shi-rahm. Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

The more I look at Zekrom the MORE Digimon it looks, it seem the art is having the opposite effect on me. Look at the head in particular, so many Dragon/Dinosaur digimon have a similar head, it seems remind me of one of Zeed Millenniummon's heads in particular, though I can't decide which. Zekrom's body shape looks more like a Yugioh design the more I think about it as well. There is a "Traditional Pokemon look" that you know when you see it. Zekrom doesn't have that look at all. Reshiram is the same to a lesser extent, but the face makes it look more like a Pokemon at least.

Of course, this is all just my honest opinion.

True, true (that it's just your opinion) but I still gotta disagree. I don't think there is any such thing as a traditional pokemon. If we were to chastise pkmn that weren't 'traditional' then we wouldn't have many at all. Pokemon aer based off of animals, well most, Zekram and Reshima could be too (hybrids?) and there is no such thing as a traditional way an animal is suppose to look.

Last edited:

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    They should be pronounced how they're spelled. Zehk-rahm and Reh-shi-rahm. Unless they're doing the whole 'lets give it a cool name but pronounce it stupidly' like they get with kyogre...'kai-o-grrr' I was 9 and thought it was kai-o-gree.

I love the names btw.

I still can't pronounce the majority of the legendaries until I hear someone on the Anime say it, so I pretty much just give it my best guess.

Jarate

The Jar Based Karate
    Years
  • True, true (that it's just your opinion) but I still gotta disagree. I don't think there is any such thing as a traditional pokemon. If we were to chastise pkmn that weren't 'traditional' then we wouldn't have many at all. Pokemon aer based off of animals, well most, Zekram and Reshima could be too (hybrids?) and there is no such thing as a traditional way an animal is suppose to look.

Its not that I'm opposed to new ideas, its true that if Game Freak kept to tradition then we wouldn't have as many Pokemon as we do. However, what I am saying is that there's that certain Art Style Pokemon has always seemed to have. If you had showed me Zekram a month ago and said "Is this a new Digimon or a new Pokemon?" I would have answered Digimon, because it doesn't have that sort of "Style" that all other Pokemon have, from Meowth to Groundon to Zoroark.

Again, I can't describe this "Style", it's just a thing you know when you see. That sort of signature amount of Detail a Pokemon has.

Back