• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wallace? Or Steven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I had once said that maybe it could be a double battle but battling the two in a row plus the E4 sounds like a challenge too. The second one could wipe out our Pokemon, especially if there is no pause to heal them.

I'm sure that if they scripted Wallace to fight the player right after Steven, Game Freak gives out a little intermission in between the two battles, most likely by inducting you into the Hall of Fame and healing your Pokemon team. Presumably, that'd give you a fresh, rejuvenated group of Pokemon in order to take down Wallace. I think they did something like that in Unpva, but I don't trust my memory right now, haha.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm sure that if they scripted Wallace to fight the player right after Steven, Game Freak souls out a little intermission in between the two battles, most likely by inducting you into the Hall of Fame and healing your Pokemon team. Presumably, that'd give you a fresh, rejuvenated group of Pokemon in order to take down Wallace. I think they did something like that in Unova, but I don't trust my memory right now, haha.

They did do somethng like that before we battled N. Not sure if N healed our Pokemon before going against Ghetsis or not...

Maybe Wallace or Steven could challenge us during the credits like AZ did in XY. If so I imagine it'll be Steven we go up against for that one.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Hopefully Steven, his team was always more of a challenge than Wallace's, and actually meets you throughout the game, rather than Wallace who just vaguely points you toward Rayquaza at one point.

The fact that Steven claims to be the champion in HG/SS makes me think they'll probably go with him again. Wallace can go back to the 8th gym, or be an extra post-game boss somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Brendan the champion :v

Actually I prefer Doisu as the secret boss (much like Red in Silver/Gold)

Years
    They could add Wallace as a Contest Boss while Steven is the champion. I kinda hate how we have two Water League trainers so I hope that is fixed in ORAS.

I agree with everything, having both 8th gym leader and champion using water type sucked, and I really like the idea of having wallace as a contest boss.
    I really hope they don't go with the way emerald was, I like the idea of Steven being the ultimate trainer kinda like red, but it was terribly executed and the battle was anticlimatic without the champion battle theme.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm gonna say that the champion will be Steven for several reasons.

Wallace was the champion in Emerald, yes. But if you look at the bigger picture, Wallace was shown in the anime to be more of a Contest Master rather than a Pokemon Master, while Steven was shown to be a very powerful Pokemon Trainer. If you think about it like that, Wallace will probably end up being oriented with the contests in ORAS, rather than with battles. Perhaps he'll be the contest champion that you have to one day defeat, should you make contests a regular thing.

Steven's orientation with being champion is far more prominent than Wallace's, and I think it's safe to say that Steven is the more popular pick. Steel stands out as a stronger type (to me) than Water, anyhow. He's far tougher to defeat than Wallace.. at least, that's how I remember him.

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
    Hey everybody, just been playing Soul Silver, I was starting the Latios event which actually includes Steven, he comes up to your player and says "Hello, I'm Steven Stone, the champion of the Hoenn region." I guess this means that Steven is the correct canon Hoenn champion, not Wallace, I am now 100% certain that Steven will reclaim his role as champion :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    There's always the possibility of version-exclusive champions, where Steven is the champion in OR to go with the Earth theme, while Wallace is the champion in AS to go with the water theme. It's a win-win situation, so it doesn't contradict the PWT in B2/W2, where both are in the champions tournament.

Years
    There's always the possibility of version-exclusive champions, where Steven is the champion in OR to go with the Earth theme, while Wallace is the champion in AS to go with the water theme. It's a win-win situation, so it doesn't contradict the PWT in B2/W2, where both are in the champions tournament.

That may work, but it could influence people's version decision if they're going to choose Sceptile, haha. In reality, though, I say they make the final gym leader Juan and Wallace in a rotation battle, and have Steven as the champion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    That may work, but it could influence people's version decision if they're going to choose Sceptile, haha. In reality, though, I say they make the final gym leader Juan and Wallace in a rotation battle, and have Steven as the champion.
    That would still contradict Wallace's position in the PWT, so it needs to be just Juan as the last gym leader.

Years

I brought up the same idea earlier. It'll be the easiest way to fit both of them in. Also maybe they could have Wallace as the gym leader for OmegaRuby and have Juan be like Drayden in White.

Years
    If this would happen, what would happen to Steven in Alpha Sapphire? Or Juan in Omega Ruby?

I mentioned that Juan can be like Drayden in Omega Ruby (didn't mention the game title in my earlier post so sorry for that...), be the mayor of Sootopolis or some top figure. Steven in Alpha Sapphire can have the place he had in Emerald. Actually they could have Juan battle us in Omega Ruby post game if they do the set up mentioned early in this post. Or maybe Juan should really be the gym leader in both and have Wallace in Omega Ruby have Steven's spot in Meteor falls (it has beautiful waterfalls too in addition to precious stones.)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I mentioned that Juan can be like Drayden in Omega Ruby (didn't mention the game title in my earlier post so sorry for that...), be the mayor of Sootopolis or some top figure. Steven in Alpha Sapphire can have the place he had in Emerald. Actually they could have Juan battle us in Omega Ruby post game if they do the set up mentioned early in this post. Or maybe Juan should really be the gym leader in both and have Wallace in Omega Ruby have Steven's spot in Meteor falls (it has beautiful waterfalls too in addition to precious stones.)

I can't see Juan as the mayor type imo. I just feel he is a random character GF derped up when thinking of a new gym leader that could replace Wallace haha x3 But I guess that could work and have him battleable in the other version too perhaps? I don't think Wallace should be encountered in Meteor Falls imo because what could be the purpose of him being there? I think he fits better in Lilycove City or maybe even in the Cave of Origin, since he is from Sootopolis after all.

Years
    I can't see Juan as the mayor type imo. I just feel he is a random character GF derped up when thinking of a new gym leader that could replace Wallace haha x3 But I guess that could work and have him battleable in the other version too perhaps? I don't think Wallace should be encountered in Meteor Falls imo because what could be the purpose of him being there? I think he fits better in Lilycove City or maybe even in the Cave of Origin, since he is from Sootopolis after all.

I brought up the beautiful waterfalls in my earlier post to hint that he could be sight seeing. Wallace seems like the kind who will look and take in the beauty of an environment. Maybe he could even be drawing it (him being an artist will add to his background which isn't much, actually I think Flannery has the most backstory out of the eight, even more than the father).

Years
    That would still contradict Wallace's position in the PWT, so it needs to be just Juan as the last gym leader.

PWT isn't in Hoenn, so I'm not sure any contradictions that involve it will matter in ORAS. Nevertheless, you may be right, but having Wallace as the Champion just leaves a gaping hole in the game without Steven. That was probably my least favorite aspect of Emerald, even though you were able to fight him later on in the game.

Years
    PWT isn't in Hoenn, so I'm not sure any contradictions that involve it will matter in ORAS. Nevertheless, you may be right, but having Wallace as the Champion just leaves a gaping hole in the game without Steven. That was probably my least favorite aspect of Emerald, even though you were able to fight him later on in the game.

He's referring to the time line. Since Wallace was champion in B2W2 which is in the future (compared to RSEOrAs) it'll mean Wallace at one point needs to be champion. Of course all that will be rendered null if PWT (beyond the match against Colress) is not canon as a lot of people (including me) theorize.

I perfer Steven but it would be weird if they just gave the boot to Wallace like that, but then again that's what they did to poor Steven in Emerald.

Years
    It'll make sense for Steven to be champion. Maybe Juan will be the 8th gym leader and GF will not hint or tell us which of the two is champion until we arrive at the final room before the Hall of Fame.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Juan as champion felt awkward because he never really... existed elsewhere. Granted, most Elite 4 DON'T exist elsewhere (barring the Kanto/Johto stuff, which is mostly the anime anyway), but Juan didn't really feel like an actual character. It just felt like they needed a place-filler and that's what they came up with, which isn't good.

I personally would prefer Steven as Champion because Wallace seemed slightly too... flamboyant. It's not a bad thing, but he's not really as B-A as Steven.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back