• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Was donating money a tough decision for you to make?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    (I'm not sure if this will be closed or not, but it might be a nice discussion...)

Well, was wanting to donate money here possibly a tough decision for you, or not?

Not really one for me. At first, I didn't even know what the hell was going on when I joined..trying to figure out most of the things on this forum. Then I started to get used to everything. I saw a ton of supporters and wanted to donate someday. Months later, (after the blogs were enabled), I begged my mom to donate 15 dollars for me. She kept saying no, but I kept asking! XD

I wanted to donate because I wanted to get the blogs, VIP forum access, 150x150 avatars, 500 PM storage space..and whatever else there was. Finally, she donated for me. Unfortunately, I'm tier 3 and need to wait four months for a name change still. So, hopefully I'll be able to donate 5 or 10 more dollars.

So technically, it wasn't so tough for me, but for my mom, because she shought PayPal would steal her identity.

Years
  • It wasn't a hard decision at all. I mean, it's only $25. The only thing I had problems with was my PayPal account. :( I'd made it especially for PC (I'd never bought anything online before), and I forgot the email address I used to make it. When I was asked to validate my bank card, I was unable to sign in and do so!

Long story short, I figured it out. I was able to transfer my 'Supporter-ness' to my new account.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Nope not hard one bit, nor do I think it was a stupid idea or waste of money! I gladly donated. This place is a home away from home, it was very easy to donate to helping this place stay afloat.

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It wasn't hard for me, or my dad. I knew I wanted to donate because this was such a wonderful forum, and for once, my dad agreed. I had spare money at the time so I thought "I may as well do it now" so I went ahead and donated.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
  • Not really. It was kinda instant for me. Seeing such a nice community i knew right away i had to donate. Eventually i got my Granny to agree to donate for me. Since she isn't very IT literate my brother handles all here accounts online. She may also donate more and maybe donate regularly if i do some work around the house. Which i dont mind doing. So PC can look forward to more donations from me.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I would have donated before, in April, but my promotion saved me the trouble of having too many PM's. I kept unsure of if I should finally donate or not until September, when I got a nice amount of money, killing all my possible economic troubles. Plus, the strenght of the € against the $ helped a lot, I only had to pay €17 for a tier 5.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I thought twice about it because lately I've been tight on money but...I figured...this is my home on the internet and that was all I needed to plop down the $25. It feels good to have the perks and such but it feels even better to know that I've actively done something for the Community.

Plus, I really like the blog features.

Years
  • Mmm, secret forum. *begins conspiring*

I just thought of the number of times I've blown more than this on games I've played maybe twice. At least this is a good cause. And something I'll use. =3

Years
  • It wasnt a hard decision for me. when i donated, the pound £ was stupidly strong against the dollar, it was amost $2 to £1, so my donation only cost me around £12.50, which isnt a lot really. Still, i like the feeling of charity, so that was my main motivation, not the perks that came with it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Not at all. I happened to have a small amount of money around with nothing to do with it at the time, and donating had become virtually necessary for the blog feature, so the result was quite apparent.

In the sense of being already low on money in general, however...that might have been a bit difficult.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Not really, I can't remember the first time I donated, but it was back when the purple user names first got started. Then after I came back to the forum I donated again. It wasn't a tough decision cause I know that PC costs a lot of money to maintain.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Donating to PC wasn't really a tough decision for me. I had the extra money and I wanted the perks; I'm not going to lie. ;D

Plus, it feels nice to donate to a place I've been going to for a while. Giving something back to the forum that has kept me entertained when I was bored for over three years was hardly a bad choice.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Not really, it really happened by chance. I have lots of money left over from Christmas, and my mom lent me her credit card to buy a book on Amazon. I was going to buy three separate hard covers that would add up to $50, but I found the three paperbacks in a package for only $30. With that $20, instead of buying another book, I donated to PC.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nah, it wasn't that hard for me at all. During that time I felt it was right to give back because I heard this place is expensive to keep up. And in the four years I been here, I grew attached to this place. So I had some extra money laying around and wasn't going to use for anything else. I donated. And as time progresses I donated more money. And I will keep on doing it too. I want this forum to exist for the newer generation of Pokemon fans and anime fans.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    As a interweb master, I make plenty of money through ebay and other things I won't mention

wasnt hard to donate 20-30 spair paypalz to something I enjoy

Sadly I never come on nowadays.

iEdster

iPwn
    Years
  • I actually donated $100 the second day I joined.
    I don't know why, but I found the forum quite amusing.
    I couldn't go on for quite some time, until lately.

I am a tier 6?

Back