• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

How about another Boo!

Hey, umm, this might be just me, but you are sort of overusing the ghost privileges. I get that you're happy being a ghost and all but I dont think its right of you to boo just about every time we get close to the 50th post. The point of the game is that ghosts are unpredictable and fun. You booed 4 times in a row now and these last two were quite predictable. On top of that, there are other people who'd like to become a ghost and get the emblems so keep that in mind.

Revise, I am with you, I havent played the last generation yet, havent even finished the 5th one, and I dont think it's happen anytime soon. 3DS is too expensive to be bought just for Pokemon. (its worth it, but not right now lol)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I'm sure it'll be well worth it once Super Mystery Dungeon comes out! But hmm, where I live, 3DS prices seem to be lower than ever... unless I'm mistaking it for something else, that is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

How low are the prices for you? They seem to be the same as they usually are around where I live though I wish they would lower so I can get some games like Pokemon Art Academy and some non-pokemon ones like Tales of the Abyss, PWvLayton and so on.

Meadow

Years

Hmm, I haven't been a huge follower of 3DS prices ever since it dropped from $250 to $169, but right now the general retail price of a regular, non-XL 3DS is about $119, which isn't too bad. And the 2DS is even cheaper, so it could possibly make a good alternative for those who really want to play Generation VI, but are intimidated by 3DS prices. I believe the retail price of the 2DS is around $99, but I've seen it on sale for cheaper prices at numerous occasions.

I guess I'm impressed with these prices because the DS Lite has been like $129 up until the 3DS's first price cut, and yet it still stayed at $99 for a pretty long time before finally sinking down to $50.

As for the games, they're still the same as ever... $40 for new ones, and $35 if it's pre-owned. This probably won't be changing for a pretty long time, so eh. xD

Years

The 2DS may lack the 3D and can't easily fit into your pocket, but it's easier for the younger players to use who might be eye-sensitive to the 3D.

Meadow

Years

Ah, that's right. Really, the only advantage of the 2DS is its relatively low price haha. I almost forgot about pocket portability, which is incredibly important in my book.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

OH 3DS not 3DS games haha herp derp. My guess it's because of the new 3DS that the pricing of the old 3DS and the 2DS have gone down.

Meadow

Years

I would still love for the price of 3DS games to go down though, especially with all these "New 3DS"-exclusive titles coming out! Speaking of which, I wonder if any future Pokémon games will make use of the New 3DS's features.

Huseyin

Not positive, not negative
    Years
    I don't think so myself because the 3ds isn't that old yet and i don't think pokemon really needs those 2 new buttons. If they do make a main series game for the new 3ds i think a lot of people will be dissapointed and won't buy it so it isn't smart for gamefreak to do that.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years

Hey, umm, this might be just me, but you are sort of overusing the ghost privileges. I get that you're happy being a ghost and all but I dont think its right of you to boo just about every time we get close to the 50th post. The point of the game is that ghosts are unpredictable and fun. You booed 4 times in a row now and these last two were quite predictable. On top of that, there are other people who'd like to become a ghost and get the emblems so keep that in mind.
    I agree with you but it feels bit weird that you complained about that because it's likely that you're booing everytime when we get close to 150th post.

Years

I agree with you but it feels bit weird that you complained about that because it's likely that you're booing everytime when we get close to 150th post.

Yeah I expected this kind of argument but I dont understand why you think its applicable. First of all, if I boo it anywhere between 1-100, its almost completely random and I make sure that I dont overuse and give people chance to have fun with the game. Second of all, that is not the same thing because perma ghosts are perma, and you cant make a perma every time number goes above 50 cos there would be too many permas and the game would lose it's point. On top of that, I did it twice at most, plus we did have a discussion before about ghosting needing to be done in modesty but randomly as well.

In a week he booed 5 times. The problem with this is that he's not doing it randomly, for fun, and to really be unpredictable, but to prevent numbers going to 50 again. Im just suggesting he dials it back a bit because at some point it will become annoying, more than it is now :)

And before you go and count down my booes, its still not applicable because again, my boos are all random. I honestly couldnt care less about having too many ghosts. Im a perma, so I dont lose my status. And even if I wasnt, it wouldnt give me the right to boo just to prevent being deghosted.

Revise I think you will be able to find a cheap one soon enough with all the new stuff coming out. Its like Nintendo DS Lite. It was pretty pricey back then, and now you can get them for like 40$ and less. :D

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I agree on balancing it a bit, but everyone should just do what they feel like. Try to keep it sociable.

I feel that everyone who's on it already knows what they're doing, so unless I had a mentor, I wouldn't even know where to start. There's really no "joining up" or learning curve, it's either you get someone at your newbie level or someone who's been doing battles as an intense hobby.​

It's not that hard. If you have a basic Pokémon knowledge, which I assume everybody has here, you could just watch a few battles, read a bit in Battling and Teambuilding and try building a team already. Your first won't probably have the best balance, but trying some things will get you there. It's how I learned it. (Okay I still can't say I'm a team building expert, but still...)

Hmm, I haven't been a huge follower of 3DS prices ever since it dropped from $250 to $169, but right now the general retail price of a regular, non-XL 3DS is about $119, which isn't too bad. And the 2DS is even cheaper, so it could possibly make a good alternative for those who really want to play Generation VI, but are intimidated by 3DS prices. I believe the retail price of the 2DS is around $99, but I've seen it on sale for cheaper prices at numerous occasions.

I guess I'm impressed with these prices because the DS Lite has been like $129 up until the 3DS's first price cut, and yet it still stayed at $99 for a pretty long time before finally sinking down to $50.

As for the games, they're still the same as ever... $40 for new ones, and $35 if it's pre-owned. This probably won't be changing for a pretty long time, so eh. xD

I think the prices for the games are a bit higher here if you convert them to dollars, but I have no idea about the devices.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • It's not that hard. If you have a basic Pokémon knowledge, which I assume everybody has here, you could just watch a few battles, read a bit in Battling and Teambuilding and try building a team already. Your first won't probably have the best balance, but trying some things will get you there. It's how I learned it. (Okay I still can't say I'm a team building expert, but still...)

what are you talking about ive never played a pokemon game in my life I found this forum via an affiliate link on bigbosoms.com

True, I just feel like I'm attracted to Pokemon for other reasons other than battling, so I wouldn't be particularly good at it. Besides all the Pokemon I like are completely outclassed by other things and I'm not a expert on move sets in the slightest. XD;​

Meadow

Years

Hahaha, the same could be said for me. Considering how I never play competitively (well okay, I picked it up at one point but dropped it due to the learning curve), I've been building teams and battling similar to how Ash does in the show, minus the "outside-the-box" moves that you can't do in-game. xD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I actually somewhat enjoy watching the Nintendo stuff's prices fall. "Hey moooom the 3DS is down a bit this month.... How much is it?... Uh, $200"
    On Amazon, I've seen 3DSs for about $100 or so, and 2DSs for about $80-90.

I wish I could do competitive but that's just because I like battling. If there was a casuals tournement sometime I'd be all over that. XD Competitive seems kinda hard when you see all the rules changing. I thought I made a pretty good Rain Team before hearing that a)Belly Drum was banned and b)Weather was nerfed this Gen(which I never noticed).

blue

gucci
    Years

I can't really justify buying the New 3DS just yet, especially when my current 3DS is working just fine. Probably when more games I like get the extra support from them I'll end up getting one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back