• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Watch Out For Ghosts...

What's that noise... oh, sorry, hi. Let's chat. Say anything you want, anything at all, I like to talk about Pokémon... at least I think I do...? Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a thread. This thread was a simple thread to chat about Pokémon in, just to chill back and have fun with friends, and we kept a counter going as we posted just to see how far we could get. Then they came... The more we spoke, the more things began to feel strange. People... changed, in that thread. One minute my friends would be acting completely normal, the next minute they'd change, they'd attack us, they'd scare us half to death. We began using the counter as a method of tracking their progress, trying to find the patterns they played by... We worked out that every time the counter hit 50, another of our friends would change into one of them. But when we reached 100... everything seemed ok again. Everything seemed cleansed. Other than the one unfortunate soul to still be counting... We only reached higher than that once, before the attacks came again - we thought we were in the clear, until I began to change myself. I'd hit 150. I started to twist, change... I never returned to how I used to be. I'm different, I'm changed. I scare myself sometimes, but I prefer to scare them instead... Sometimes I'll just shout "BOO!", and they all just have to start over again...

Now that you know my story, come count with me...

~ 1 ~

Becoming a Ghost...

• If the counter reaches 50 on your post, you're turned into a regular Ghost!
    • If the counter reaches 100 on your post, every other Ghost is cleansed and returns to being human - other than you!
    • If you the counter reaches 150 on your post... good luck. You're now a permanent ghost and cannot be revived in any way!
    • As a Ghost, you can post "BOO!" to scare the thread at any time, resetting the counter to 0.
    • Feel free to post which Ghost-Pokémon you become when you change, otherwise I'll randomly assign you one!

Rules!

• All Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
    • With every new post, increase the counter in the corner by 1.
    • If a Ghost comes in to scare the thread, reset the counter to 0.
    • Upon reaching 150, the counter is automatically reset to 0.
    • This is a DCC thread, so feel free to be creative with conversation topics!
    • Even though this is a chatting thread, all posts must be about Pokémon.
    • Try not to reset the count too much at first, we want a few ghosts to build up before the counts get more intense!
    • Have fun, or else!
    Current Ghosts!

• Squirrel
      drifloon.gif
    • DyingWillFlareon
      pumpkaboo.gif
    • Sven (Guardian)
      giratina-origin.gif
    • KetsuekiR -
      banette-mega.gif
    • Mewtwolover -
      darkrai.gif
    • Lycanthropy -
      chandelure.gif
    • Arrow_Riddari -
      hoopa.gif
    • Zanark Avalonic -
      gourgeist.gif
    • The Ghost of You Know Who -
      lampent.gif
    • jan2prado -
      litwick.gif
    • Spoonacross -
      shedinja.gif
    • CharmedGardy -
      phantump.gif

Rewards!

You may be wondering why you should count up to your demise? Well, being a Ghost does have its perks... (Hover over images for details!)

pMPOwaX.png
    Ui2gOhx.png
    UQvE3wf.png

This is the remake of our previous thread! Which we were talking about the move rollout so idk what's your favorite Pokemon that has that move or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

*sobs* The previous thread held some really precious memories of mine, but I guess it's time to move on!

I don't think I can answer the question about ROM hacks either, so I'll start a fresh new topic: What are some of your favorite locations in the Pokémon games, and why? (Spin-offs included if need be!) ^^

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

As for ROM hacks, I can't answer as I've never played one, haha.
    As for favorite locations, I like the unique weather on Route 113 in Hoenn, and although the northern area of Sinnoh is annoying to get through, the snow makes for very pretty routes. I also like the Undella Bay area and Marine Tube in Unova. Oh, and the area around Mahogany town in Johto!

(Sidenote: after nearly 9 years at PC, 3000 posts!)

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i don't think I've ventured into this section but it's cool to know this thread exists. the only place that comes to mind is sunken ship off of dewford, i've always thought it was super cool.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I wouldn't have any problem with a restart either, but on topic of locations: I find the shipwreck in Hoenn and the Ruins of Alph cool places to see. Underwater is unique too, but sadly there's not much to do there.

Years

Ya'll dont mind cos you're no ghosts. Flare and I did our share of stalking to get these emblems and more importantly, perma ghost status, and I want it to stay that way.
    You want less ghosts? tell that to those who keep booing consequently before the 100th post. there ya go.

Ontopic: Many. Route 47/48 in Johto, pretty much all the cool caves. Sotopolis city, ALL forests etc. So many tbh lol.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • 15.NO MORE STOP 16.

A reset could be fun Yeah ok I guess. I'm just glad because I was panicing that the old thread was locked and couldn't figure out what happened. XD Plus my perma-ghosting was an accident but yeah I did stalk for it XD

I really like the Giant Chasm in BW2, the spot where you get Kyurem. I love the music too but I think it's music from Chrono Trigger? It sounds exactly the same haha. Sea Mauville in ORAS is better to me than the Abandoned Ship but I still somewhat like that place too. There's a place in a hack called Snakewood thatms inside the 'bad' team's secret base on Calm Island or whatever and one spot is inside like a volcano or something and there's lava but it's really orange Gatorade so you can surf across and I love that area.

Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

> wants ghost reset because not a ghost
    > looks at first post

okay.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
    Years

This seems pretty interesting to do. I've actually seen something that's similar to this, except the count can only be broken by moderators rather than people that have become ghosts (which actually happened quite often), so this might be a nice change of pace.

On topic: I actually enjoyed quite a few places when it came to the scenery. The way that they redid the end of Victory Road in OR/AS and the Battle with Wally (especially the music) was actually quite surprising. I didn't expect that at all. Battle wise, I liked the whole knockout tournament in the battle dome in emerald. I also liked the unique challenge that you got in the battle factory. It kinda felt like you were playing pokemon stadium in a sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back