• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

I feel like I'm never targeted in this thread. Must be something special I have.

Last edited:
    Years

I got affected by ninjas again okay.

Anyways, I have been glomping at tons of Serena fanart lately. I feel like she's a character who looks good in any style, because I know when her fanbase got divided over her epic haircut in the anime. I personally like the maturity the redesign gives her, and how she's starting a new chapter.

Man, she's literally one of the cutest female characters from Pokemon just because she looks beautiful in anything.

ElectroJoe

The Electric Guy
    Years

Yeah... sorry about that... I only said that jokingly. To tell the truth, I'm usually the one getting ninja'd, probably because I can be a slow typer at times. That, and I try to read what I type before I actually post anything to avoid any mishaps. This is one of the only times that I'm the ninja, believe it or not. Well, you probably do after reading the text before these last two sentences.

I've seen a small bit of fanart for her, but I try not to go too far in when it comes to that kind of stuff, because knowing my luck in the past, that probably won't end well (Nothing too bad, though. Let's just say that a couple things with my computer got a bit... buggy somewhere in there). I didn't even notice that her hair changed until a while after since I haven't really paid attention to the anime in a while.
    But from what I have seen, I think I have to agree. I like the redesign that they've given her.

Years
    • Age 31
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Serena's short hair >>> Serena's long hair imo. I've watched a few old episodes after her haircut and it just cements how much I love her short hair tbh haha.

Years

tumblr_njsv4mE5KJ1qzrykgo1_500.gif

Yeah, you said it right Serena sweetie. I feel like it gives her a sense of individuality that the original design couldn't really do, and there's more colour in the new outfit so she stands out better.

tumblr_njsv4mE5KJ1qzrykgo2_500.gif

We're all with you here, Ash. She is really cute.

I always feel like every Serena pic I want to reblog on Tumblr these days is the new Serena, because she just looks so fabulous and I remember feeling saddened at those comments on forums and YouTube that hated her redesign. Trust me, I did watch a video of the haircut scene and the comments were so divided.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I have to agree that the shorter hair gives her much more individuality design-wise.

Years

tumblr_nl3unuWiKh1tf8d7eo1_500.gif

Another thing it did well was make her blushing moments more than ten times adorable, particularly this one from XY064. Seriously, how could you not fall for the blushing?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Yeah... sorry about that... I only said that jokingly. To tell the truth, I'm usually the one getting ninja'd, probably because I can be a slow typer at times.

I got ninja'd by 9 minutes in my last post, beat that slow typer. :P

I agree about ORAS Victory btw guys.

I'm not sure about Seren's hair. I don't watch the anime much anymore, so Ican't really say, but yeah. I generally like my own hair longer because I like long girly hair, but I mean this is an anime so yeah the characters can be cute any way their designed. X3 and I actually happen to like her new look too.

Years

I remember when there was that silhouette of Serena with Pancham on a Tretta card and people were worried the haircut would ruin her as a character, but it turned out that it wasn't as bad as first thought.

My personal thoughts regarding the new outfit, the pink dress has that black top from her original design underneath it, along with having the same collar so you can tell it was the same top, and while the dress did reveal part of that top it looked like she made it herself, which would be impressive given she does love fashion. The coat definitely looks like it was made out of her old skirt, and I do love how it moves because it shows off her fabulousness. The boots were the part I didn't like as much, they could have done a better job here but I think it does make her look taller and add to the maturity of the redesign. Then there's the hat, which is definitely the closest thing to clothing from the games, resembling the in-game fedoras that the female players can wear. And of course the best part of the outfit is the blue ribbon, because of the meaning it has to her and how it makes her think of Ash all the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    33 i still need to finish omega ruby

Ya'll dont mind cos you're no ghosts. Flare and I did our share of stalking to get these emblems and more importantly, perma ghost status, and I want it to stay that way.
    You want less ghosts? tell that to those who keep booing consequently before the 100th post. there ya go.

Ontopic: Many. Route 47/48 in Johto, pretty much all the cool caves. Sotopolis city, ALL forests etc. So many tbh lol.
    i hear you took forever for me to become a ghost

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    37 you skipt the quote w they said that want a reset the ghost and i was agreeing
    only the ghost really care

and you skipt the count fixed it

Years

37 you skipt the quote w they said that want a reset the ghost and i was agreeing
    only the ghost really care

and you skipt the count fixed it

Lol of course I care. I joined this thread right after it was created and came all the way to the perma ghost fair and square, why would I agree to have my status revoked :D

Favorite region will be Hoenn. While Johto, Kanto and Sinnoh, and even Unova are mega awesome, zen and all that, I started out with Hoenn and the liveliness of that region will always make it a bit better. Lively music and atmosphere, idk, I find it a bit more awesome. Nostalgia probably influences my choice too probably, but not that much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back