• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • 43. Is there perhaps going to be a new stalking war soon?.....

Favorite region: I have touble deciding pn them, but my favorite half is Hoenn, Johto and Unova, while my least favorite half is Sinnoh, Kanto and Kalos. Ovsrall and cutting nostalgia from it it'd probably be Unova, since I like that region's pokemon and terrain better than Johto's/Hoenn's.

^Eh possibly.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

In terms of pure geography, I would like Sinnoh the best, but in terms of the actual Pokémon, Unova is definitely my favorite. I dunno why, but the Unova Pokémon were honestly the least forgettable to me, and plus Unova has the largest proportion of my favorite Pokémon compared to any region.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

As for the regions themselves, I really like Hoenn and Sinnoh. Actually, when picking my region for the Get-Together, I just went with the one I would most like to revisit, which after thinking about it I kinda surprised myself with Sinnoh. It really is a well designed region even though it's hell to get through on Diamond/Pearl because it is so slow.

As for my favorite region by Pokemon, I'd have to go with Unova or Kalos. Looking at my favorite Pokemon, a significant number come from Unova. Slightly less of my favorites are Kalos-native, but considering how few new Pokemon were introduced in Kalos, there seems to be proportionally more.

I'm not going to lie though, I sometimes surprise myself with my opinions on these topics. I feel like I used to champion for the Hoenn region a lot, and always fell back on Johto and Kanto because of how 'classic' they are. But while I like all of the regions and Pokemon from each, when being truly honest with myself I really like some of the newer Pokemon a lot more than the older ones. And region-wise, I only really don't like Kanto and Unova as much as the others. Kanto is kind of boring compared to the others, and Unova is just way too linear (or circular, I guess) for it to be interesting even though it does have some fantastic aspects.

Years

Ever since Johto ended up getting so much support during the Get-Together, it's making me wonder why so many people love it when I don't really see anything special to it.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    All the genwunners and their rose-tinted glasses. Johto and Kanto were the least memorable regions for me. I don't care if it "made" Pokemon, since by that logic, Sinnoh should be taking the cake for having Arceus.

Well, who wants to be lucky new ghost? ;p

Years

I guess this is my first time being ghosted then... but yeah, what's with all the nostalgia favouritism here. I like it when newer regions get appreciated.

Years

Honestly, I find it more disrespectful when you cant say you like something about old generations without being called a genwunner. I cant like Kanto or it's pokemon more than the new ones cos someone thinks Im a genwunner? Give me a break.

Years

It's true, if you're someone who prefers older regions there's the fear you'll get called a Genwunner. It's what literally anyone assumes towards any Pokemon fans that are drawn towards the nostalgia.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

And when someone(especially a younger kid) gets into Pokemon with the latest gen and their favorite Pokemon is their starter from that game then people laugh and say "You're not a true Pokemon fan". Seriously this fandom can be great and then show you this kinda stuff in the same day......

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

To be honest, every fandom is like that to some extent, it just depends on how loud it is. I won't go cry GENWUN anytime someone brings up any of the recent generations (at least not seriously), but it's fine if you like Gen 1. Just don't go around saying the other generations are trash because they're not Gen 1.

And don't get me started on Classic Sonic VS Modern Sonic, seriously.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I like many of the first generation Pokémon, but the region's structure doesn't appeal me. It's pretty empty too.
    I have no idea why I picked Johto, regarding structure I'm a huge fan of Sinnoh, but I play the most in Hoenn. I had picked Johto already before I had taken the time to consider which one to pick. I think it is because Gen II holds Houndoom, a cool wolf Pokémon, and many other cool Pokémon.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Yeah, I totally understand how much nostalgia can play a role in influencing people's favorites. For me the nostalgia is mostly for Hoenn and Johto. I did play RBY originally, but the first game I actually remember having a semblance of a team was in Sapphire, and I remember crushing through everything with my Typhlosion in Silver. I think I was too young during the RBY days to get much out of it.
    Even with my nostalgia though, I have been recently finding myself leaning towards liking the newer Pokemon more. Something about their freshness appeals to me even though I still love a good amount of the older Pokemon. As for the regions, I base my ranking of them primarily on layout and general design and I don't think nostalgia plays as much of a factor.

Years

I think nostalgia freaks played a huge part in this year's Get-Together as well, causing Johto and Hoenn to have the most team members. My team sadly ended up the smallest, so you can easily see what generations get favoured most.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I honestly loved 3rd gen but always get shot down by the 6th gen lovers although Kalos is my favorite its ok to love an old game but alot of my friends think i should stop playing the old games and get into ORAS but i prefer a challenge and to not do what others think haha. Plus Gen 1 is just great and challenging :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back