• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    If you all say so. PMD is fun and all but I typically drop out before the credits roll.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Hmm ive always liked them just as good as the main games well maybe not gates of infinity but they got alot of cool storylines for sure

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I wish I could've tried GTI for myself, but I never had the chance to. Despite the lack of content compared to most of the other PMD games, I actually thought some parts of it looked pretty promising. But again, I can't completely verify that for myself without ever having played it. :(

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Gates is my favorite of the pmd series so far, but the gameplay was WAY too short(especially post game) and some of the mechanics got on my nerves. The Mysteriousity levels were a good idea in theory- not when you're trying to find a client and have 10 extra levels to go. ;P I loved the whole "negativity is ending the world be optimstic" storyline just a SLIGHT bit better than explorers'. Red and Blue Rescue teams are my least favorite(but I don't hate them).

Speaking of pmd, from what I've seen of Super Mystery Dungeon, I'm a little more excited of the features than the story. XD YOUR OVERWORLD WEARS SCARVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BEAUTIFUL!~

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

PMD is actually my fav spinoff, as I like the idea of mons communicating and having personalities. And I actually liked GTI.

Years

I do wonder what team the green scarves you and your partner wear in Super Mystery Dungeon are affiliated with.

Meadow

Years

Speaking of pmd, from what I've seen of Super Mystery Dungeon, I'm a little more excited of the features than the story. XD YOUR OVERWORLD WEARS SCARVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BEAUTIFUL!~

Yes! I find that pretty cool as well. Heck, all of the boxart for the old PMD games also depicted Pokémon wearing scarves, but those scarves are nowhere to be found haha. Unless maybe the scarves in Super Mystery Dungeon are actually equipment items, which might possibly mean that any changes to your equipped items could be visible now? If so, that'd be neat! :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Unless maybe the scarves in Super Mystery Dungeon are actually equipment items, which might possibly mean that any changes to your equipped items could be visible now? If so, that'd be neat! :D

While that would be very cool, I doubt it. I mean, how would the Pokémon without hands be able to hold something?
    Still, the scarves are great. I wonder why they did that though, it seems a lot of effort to make twice the amount of 3D models (one with and one without a scarf) for each Pokémon, while it's just a detail. Could it maybe be involved in the story at some point? There does seem to be some sort of school led by Farfetch'd. Maybe the scarf is like a badge to show you're an official rescue team member.

Meadow

Years

While that would be very cool, I doubt it. I mean, how would the Pokémon without hands be able to hold something?
    Still, the scarves are great. I wonder why they did that though, it seems a lot of effort to make twice the amount of 3D models (one with and one without a scarf) for each Pokémon, while it's just a detail. Could it maybe be involved in the story at some point? There does seem to be some sort of school led by Farfetch'd. Maybe the scarf is like a badge to show you're an official rescue team member.

Good news! I was literally just looking this up after I made my earlier post, and look what I found on Bulbapedia!

"Accessories are now visible on both the player and partner in the overworld and in dungeons." - SOURCE

I think it's made possible because unlike sprites, models can actually be re-used. As in, the scarves are their own separate models, and when equipped, the scarf model could be placed directly on the Pokémon's model without making a new model for the Pokémon itself. That's my guess, anyway. xD

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Scarfs! Its the beginning of a new era!
    (Dedenne confirmed for SPMD)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

Is it bad that I can't hear these news much lately because I am busy lately?

Years

I get most of my news from either 4chan board or Serebii.
    Alsoi, the Expert levels in Shuffle are such a pain, I only got Absol so far and managed to BEAT Lucario once, without actually catching it. This should be fun.

Lycanthropy

Years

Good news! I was literally just looking this up after I made my earlier post, and look what I found on Bulbapedia!

"Accessories are now visible on both the player and partner in the overworld and in dungeons." - SOURCE

I think it's made possible because unlike sprites, models can actually be re-used. As in, the scarves are their own separate models, and when equipped, the scarf model could be placed directly on the Pokémon's model without making a new model for the Pokémon itself. That's my guess, anyway. xD

Wow, there's a lot more known that I thought. I wonder how the lapis works.
    Also, I love this image:

Alsoi, the Expert levels in Shuffle are such a pain, I only got Absol so far and managed to BEAT Lucario once, without actually catching it. This should be fun.

I really want to catch that Lucario, because I still need more fighting types to oppose normal Pokémon (and for some reason Riolu doesn't want to get caught either) and to give my Lucarionite a use, but I can't even beat it.

Years

Wow, there's a lot more known that I thought. I wonder how the lapis works.
    Also, I love this image:

I really want to catch that Lucario, because I still need more fighting types to oppose normal Pokémon (and for some reason Riolu doesn't want to get caught either) and to give my Lucarionite a use, but I can't even beat it.

Same here. Have you tried catching Slowbro? The btch is tough, I already wasted two great balls to no avail.

Lycanthropy

Years

Same here. Have you tried catching Slowbro? The btch is tough, I already wasted two great balls to no avail.

Tried, yes, but even with a great ball I sometimes didn't even have 10% chance catching the thing, so I didn't even try. (And I wasted all my great balls on Riolu earlier... but without any success.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back