• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

naruto hatake

a naruto fan
Years
  • :t129: >> :t130: Anyone?
    I mean how can a vegetative fish develop into a (flying?) thrashing sea dragon?

i know that is sorta lame and another weird evelution is remoraid evolving to octillary these evolutions are just crazy

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • :t129: >> :t130: Anyone?
    I mean how can a vegetative fish develop into a (flying?) thrashing sea dragon?

"Magikarp is based on a legend about how carp that leapt over the Dragon Gate would become dragons. Several waterfalls and cataracts in China are believed to be the location of the Dragon Gate. This legend is an allegory of the drive and efforts needed to overcome obstacles. "
    - Bulbapedia

Does that answer your question? :)

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • A Magazine Interview from awhile back.

What Magazine article?

Gallade can dance?
    Have you never heard of weapon dancing?

Anyways back to explainations:

Larvitar-Pupitar-Tyranitar
    Tyrannosaurs/Anguirus's life.

Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
    Pachycephalosaurus/Dragon's life.

Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
    Chicken learning to fight.

Natu-Xatu
    Native North Americian Cultures.

Spoink-Grumpig
    Proverb about pigs.

Togepi-Togetic-Togekiss
    Angel/Bird's life.

Poliwag-Poliwhirl-Poliwrath/Politoad
    Tadpole's life, frog or toad.

Drowzee-Hypno
    Dream eaters.

Sentret-Furret
    Weasel's life.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Exeggcute isn't (or aren't) actually eggs. They are seeds. Which look like eggs.

But it's still wierd...

5 eggs > one coconut tree with 3 heads.

Where do you suppose the other two are?

There are 6 eggs and Exeggutor is supposed to have 6 heads, but they vanished some time before 2gen I think.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Seriously, the first time I played emerald, i never would have imagined that Shuppet evolves into Banette. It's such a weird evolution and I don't find any similarites and any connections at all. o.o;;

That is weird. How can a thing that feeds on the bad emotions of people [Shuppet] evolve into a doll that was thrown away? [Banette] Unless Shuppet saw a kid throw a doll away and seeped inside the thing, I don't understand the connection either.

But then again, who said Pokemon has to make sense? :-D

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Graveller > Golem (where did the extra arms go?)
    Dowzee > Hypno (seriously, how does a trunk become a nose like that?)
    Exeggcute > Exeggutor (eggs don't turn into coconuts, c'mon!)
    Dragonair > Dragonite (so much difference...)
    Sentret > Furret (racoon turns into ferret: interesting!)
    Snorunt > Glalie/Froslass (hat becomes glacier/girl?)

But I still like them all. :D

In what way is Sentret a raccoon? I don't think having a striped tail is enough to qualify it as a raccoon. It seems more like some kind of weird flying squirrel, to me. If any Pokemon is based off of raccoons, it'd be Zigzagoon. It is kind of weird that both Sentret and Zigzagoon's evolutions are kind of a different species, though, whereas Rattata and Bidoof essentially just get bigger/fiercer.

And I agree about Dragonair and Dragonite. Sure, they're both dragons, but they're pretty much on opposite ends of the dragon spectrum. It would be cool if Dragonair got an alt. evolution that was a bit more elegant looking. A gender based difference in evolution would make sense there, with Dragonite being the male, and the more elegant one being the female. Doubt that'll happen, though.

And I know it's been brought up, but Octillery and Remoraid really puzzle me. I didn't even realize they were at all related until I was trying to fill up my Pokedex in Emerald and got to them.

I can see the connections between Shuppet and Banette, although it is weird that they gave Banette a sort of backstory that Shuppet doesn't necessarily fit into. Then again, Shuppet = puppet, so that makes more sense than simply going off its description does.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • Weedle-Kakuna-Beedrill
    Caterpillars don't grow into bees/wasps/hornets; regardless of whether or not the caterpillar has a stinger on it's head. =/
    EDIT: Really? Thanks for the clarification Slowpoke VII. =3

atoms2ashes

All and Nothing at All
    Years
  • Well, I also kinda find Tangela > Tangrowth weird.

A plant which is kinda like a seaweed? Turns into a plant monster. o.o;;

Here...

Plant has tangled vines, grows more tangled vines, and eventually has some longer vines that turn into arms.

Not too weird to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yup. It would be Trapinch & Vibrava. I mean, a large mouth Pokemon that bites hell turn into a bug like dragon!?!?! Come on!
    ...Flygon is still based on a dragonfly. o_O; And if not, Vibrava definitely is and they're making a gesture toward the fact that it's a dragonfly with the final evolution. Everyone else already covered the ant-lion thing.
    Half-Dozen Eggs > Coconut Tree.
    We have a winner. :( This always bugged me as a kid. I don't think they're seeds though since Exeggcute lives in a nest. 8|
    Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
    Chicken learning to fight.

Drowzee-Hypno
    Dream eaters.
    Forgive me but... what? :| The Chicken learning to fight makes no sense to me. I like a lot of your explanations but... what. XD;

As for Drowzee and Hypno, yeah that's what they do but I (along with many others) still don't get the specific relation of looks between Drowzee and Hypno. o_O

Here...

Plant has tangled vines, grows more tangled vines, and eventually has some longer vines that turn into arms.

Not too weird to me.
    :P Or maybe Tangela had arms all along and it only managed to get them untangled when it evolves.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Oh man, can I PLEASE put this in my signature?!?!?

Of course you can, you don't have to ask. ;)

You're on a Pokemon forum and you're trying to start **** about religion and evolution? Grow up.

Spoiler:

Your spoiler is starting more **** then anyone else here, that is very offensive, and can I mention very partisan and biased. Seriously, leave him alone, its his own opinion, don't attack him on it.

Blegh, leave him be. I don't think he openly insulted anyone who believed in evolution, so he's not exactly at fault. He's just expressing his opinion.

Amen to dat mah brotha.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Let's see...
    Nosepas > Probopass

I mean come one how can it grow a mustache.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Forgive me but... what? :| The Chicken learning to fight makes no sense to me. I like a lot of your explanations but... what. XD;

As for Drowzee and Hypno, yeah that's what they do but I (along with many others) still don't get the specific relation of looks between Drowzee and Hypno. o_O
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to put (?) but I forgot. It may be a mix of a fighting chicken a legend I heard about a giant fire chicken but I didn't read it all the way through so I'll have to check.

There both tapirs and bakus, which look a lot like tapirs.
    Although I must admit hypno doesn't look as much of a tapir as drowzee (although at an angle hypno does look like one) but that may due to hypno also mixed with a hypnotist.

Shuppet-Banette
    Spirit that possess dolls becomes more powerful.

If anybody has any other questions of the reasons for these evolutions please tell me because some of them are much more complicated then what I've said.

atoms2ashes

All and Nothing at All
    Years
  • Let's see...
    Nosepas > Probopass

I mean come one how can it grow a mustache.

Magnetic compass rock grows, has three rock fetuses around it, adds magnetism under the nose, iron fillings from Mt. Coronet attached to under the nose.

Overall: still wierd

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd have to agree on what UberChomp said a while ago, if all pokemon evolutions weren't so weird then Pokemon wouldn't be as have as much fun as it is now...Difference isn't a bad thing, it's a way of coming as one, as it is the same with change...

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    ohh! i thought of another one!

dratini --> dragonair --> dragonite
    little snake big snake big orange
    dragon dragon happy dragon
    thing :)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • What is with all these thread revivals today? ~___~ But yeah, over a month old, all of that jazz~

-Closed-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back