• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I'm excited for Skyrim and the new Assassin's Creed game coming out later this month.
    I just can't believe it's already November. Where does my life go?

Years
    So it's November. We're one month closer to world destruction. Trololo~

But you can say I'm also hyped for Christmas, one way or another.
    The end of the world is still a year off, methinks.

And I hate that there were already Christmas displays in stores weeks ago. It's gonna be nonstop Xmas this and Yuletide that and awful, awful music.

At least I don't work retail. Anyone who does has my sincerest sympathies.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    The end of the world is still a year off, methinks.

And I hate that there were already Christmas displays in stores weeks ago. It's gonna be nonstop Xmas this and Yuletide that and awful, awful music.

At least I don't work retail. Anyone who does has my sincerest sympathies.
    Lol isn't it too early to even decorate? I only saw one store that sells bulbs and lights put up something Xmas-ish so far.

Aah, retail. Got a friend rolling in the business. Poor lad is working too hard for his own good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Working in retail over the holidays ruins it for you. I know this because Ive had a job where I worked in a department store for 2 holiday seasons. Having to hear that music all the time makes ypu tired of it, you have to work twice as hard, and the hours suck and customers are usually not very happy and can be very unreasonable.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    We've had Christmas stuff in our store since the beginning of August. ~_~ But Thanksgiving/Christmas are my favorite holidays so I don't mind.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's been in ours since October so not too long, then again that's usually the time they start releasing it along side the Halloween and fireworks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think the worst are people who come here for football games...there are 80,000+ people for the game alone, plus the people who go here and don't go to the game, plus the people who come here for the atmosphere and not for the game, etc. Worse than any holiday. D;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I was in Subway about three weeks ago, and 'Last Christmas' by Wham! was playing over the speakers. I swear to God I nearly walked out... but the guy was already half-way through my order and I was very hungry. But in any other situation, I would have walked out at hearing Christmas music this early in the year!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I was in Subway about three weeks ago, and 'Last Christmas' by Wham! was playing over the speakers. I swear to God I nearly walked out... but the guy was already half-way through my order and I was very hungry. But in any other situation, I would have walked out at hearing Christmas music this early in the year!

My mom likes to listen to a channel on our TV that plays holiday music. After Halloween they skip right over Thanksgiving and into Christmas music.

And it's only November 1st.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I haven't heard any Christmas music, thank god. I hope it stays this way until after Thanksgiving, but I would probably have to avoid stores and stuff if it's gonna work, hurr.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You people are crazy I love Christmas music. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Its annoying when you hear it form Novermber 1 to New Years though. Thats just too much Christmas music.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I love Christmas Music as well, but not this early before Christmas. Especially because then it's more likely for me to hear that song.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I loooove Christmas music! I listen to it nonstop pretty much when Thanksgiving passes, and I'll never turn down a good Christmas song. What's "that song"?

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I've grown bored of Xmas music. I've been hearing the same stuff (mostly) since as long as I remember myself, year after year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back