• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
  • If it's Christmas music around Christmas, I'm okay with it, but Christmas music on Halloween, Easter, and all those other holidays...to me, it makes me want to pull my hair out, you barely hear Halloween music on Halloween over here and probably where you all live too.And not to mention alot of people don't celebrate Christmas at all.
    But you have to admit, Christmas music could make the most grumpiest person smiles (I hope). :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If it's Christmas music around Christmas, I'm okay with it, but Christmas music on Halloween, Easter, and all those other holidays...to me, it makes me want to pull my hair out, you barely hear Halloween music on Halloween over here and probably where you all live too.And not to mention alot of people don't celebrate Christmas at all.
    But you have to admit, Christmas music could make the most grumpiest person smiles (I hope). :)

He did the mash! (He did the monster mash~)

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • He did the mash! (He did the monster mash~)
    I feel like a first grader again now because that song is stuck in my head now...that song brings so many crazy memories..

..Anyway, my birthday is gonna be next month...only one more month of kissing up to my parents...its hard doing that for 365 days until my next birthday.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • YAY I FOUND A MANGA IN MY LIBARAY TODAY. Checked it and now I finished it xDD. GOnna find more tomorrow~

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Wow, this has quite a few posts 0_0. But, I'm learning how to drive (WOOOOOOTWOOOT), so yeah I'm pretty pumped! I've been working on parking lately, and tomorrow I go on the highway, pray I don't...die lmao.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I never listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but usually after Thanksgiving dinner I'll start listening to it on the way home if we go to my grandparents'. That's kind of the beginning of the Christmas season for me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I love Christmas but it's such an expensive holiday that normally I don't go all-out even decorating. Sometimes we don't even have a tree :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Christmas is the greatest holiday ever. I love everything about it... except the music. I could do without Christmas music. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE CAN STAY. Every year, we make sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies and other kinds of desserts. Christmas is probably the time of year where I eat the most sweets, haha.

We also have this fake tree that's been in the family for years and it can't stand up unless we put it on the stand a certain way. Even if it's on the stand, it might fall unless we have it on a certain way... it's hard to explain. Every year, we decorate it - and a lot of our decorations are homemade things my sister and I made when we were little kids, so our tree's a little personalized in that sense.

tl;dr Christmas is awesome. <3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I wonder what will happen this Christmas? I think I'm going to look forward to it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We still like to go out and get a real tree though usually close to Christmas, a week or less before every year. One of the few traditions that we still hold in this household, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    I could pretty much say that December is a very special month for me, my birthday & Christmas! In addition with the weather!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I would hate to have my birthday near christmas - the rellies would cheap out on gifts and only give me one for the two occasions xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • A few of my friends have described Christmas/birthdays with just that. Although, to be fair, the presents they received were much larger than they would get if the celebrations were really separate.

For me, I'm just glad my birthday is in June. A nice 6-month gap between that and Christmas.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The presents aren't really the reason I'd hate to have my birthday around Christmas. I love Christmas so much, it's my favourite time of year. Having to share my birthday with that would be too much!

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    I would hate to have my birthday near christmas - the rellies would cheap out on gifts and only give me one for the two occasions xD
    I do receive seperate gifts from my birthday and a christmas present, so I'm pretty fine with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back