• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • I used to really like Christmas. Then I went off to college and discovered the joys of dressing up as an anime character for Halloween. Somehow Christmas lost its luster. Getting presents soon gave way to "Direct deposit X amount of dollars into my bank account and let me sleep; it's not like the malls or restaurants are open anyway. Well, maybe Denny's."

The best part about Christmas IMO are the colored light strings. I used to keep them up until May as decor lighting in my dorm room :)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    What's really special about Christmas is how people are really excited about it, don't you just love seeing them happy? :'D .. Hearing the youngsters sing different Christmas songs, presents, family reunions, and all of the above, the spirit of love & care. <3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • What's really special about Christmas is how people are really excited about it, don't you just love seeing them happy? :'D .. Hearing the youngsters sing different Christmas songs, presents, family reunions, and all of the above, the spirit of love & care. <3

I second that, I'm still a big kid for christmas!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I go all out for Christmas, and if you are not a Christmas enthusiast, stay the hell away from me in December because chances are I'd hate you and you'd hate me :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I was a kid we had 2 trees - one for my sister and I to decorate with flashing multicolored lights and tons of handmade ornaments and cartoon characters and clashing colors, etc., then one for her to decorate with classy white lights and glass ornaments and stuff like that haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well she wanted one decorated really nicely but she wanted us to have our own fun with our Christmas so the solution was two trees. But that was back when I was rich enough to have an inground pool with a water slide and two maids xDD;

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It seems fun though, but I'm afraid to break one of the glass balls & stuff that you put on the christmas tree. :3

What happened?

My friend has his birthday on Christmas Eve. I always wondered how that would work; would he get two sets of presents, one for his birthday and the other for Christmas? Or would it be merged into a Birthmas kinda thing? If it's the latter, that really sucks. :(

Oh my god, all this talking about Christmas is making me so much more excited. My Christmas spirit probably makes up for my lack of Halloween, Easter, and Valentine's Day spirits, haha.
    Well, if I were the one who would give a present to your friend, I'd make it seperate, because both are very special, his birthday & christmas eve. :D

Agggh, it's making me hyped too! xx

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Call me crazy, but my idea of a perfect Christmas would be sitting in an executive boardroom discussing third quarter profits with my company's finance department...

At least that would get me out of the house.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Last Christmas I went to New York and saw the Rockettes with my family. Omg so good.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Call me crazy, but my idea of a perfect Christmas would be sitting in an executive boardroom discussing third quarter profits with my company's finance department...

At least that would get me out of the house.
    Ideal Christmas might be like that for everyone in their mid 80s. Or not.

Yes, celebration fireworks! They're great, and they're not Christmas-exclusive!

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    Irrelevant of the ongoing discussion but I have a question: what is meant by individuals' complex identities?

Christmas established itself year-by-year as an uneventful holiday. My dad is always away, my mother passed away, one brother who is working with my dad, and no relatives whatsoever nearby. Rarely do I get a chance to properly celebrate Christmas.

The upside, while somehow insignificant to the actual purpose of the holiday, is that I get several gifts (money) from my dad.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    My birthday is way too close to christmas. xD;
    I love having the whole family around on Christmas, it's just a really great enviroment. And Christmas dinner is always awesome.

Years
  • I hated having my birthday near Christmas, though it's not as bad as a friend of mine who's birthday is the day after.

I would prefer if Christmas were changed just a romantic holiday. Lights, candies, gift-giving, and snowy weather seem very romantic to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back