• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Sonic's in my town have failed horribly. They're abandoned now. I've been dying to go to 5 Guys just to try them out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

The burgers that we sell at my grocery store are phenomenal, I wouldn't eat burgers from any other place now. Yummm.
    I want one of your burgers!

5 Guys is pretty good imo. It's been a while since I had last gone though.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years

There are some Sonics were you can get out and eat at a table if you'd like. You still order from a menu on the board and they still bring it out to you, but you're not eating in your car.

They all do, I think. The problem is that I live in a very humid climate and these past months lovebugs/dragonflies/wasps have been everywhere, so people barely eat outside. I love their cheesy tots, yum.

5 Guys is also a great place, I don't see much around where I live though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    In-N-Out is the best.

excepting of course Carl's Jr

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    In-N-Out is the best.

excepting of course Carl's Jr
    This, I wholeheartedly agree with. Haven't really had food from either place in years, though.

As for Five Guys, I just checked, and the nearest ones to where I live are all the way in San Jose. I'm not driving an hour just to get a burger, especially when I can just walk over to Carl's Jr. or spend ten minutes driving to the nearest In-N-Out.

And now I'm hungry again. Damn it.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I think Ive been to Five Guys, I remember it being good.

Taco Bell is my favorite fast food place, tho.

Zet

Years
    A lot of those fast food places don't exist here in Australia, but personally I love some of Red Rooster's food. Though I do enjoy KFC a lot, that mash&gravy is really addictive.

Years
    If you like Carl Jr's, in my neck of the woods they're called Hardee's. Every burger on their menu is a delicious artery clogger.

My favorite fast food place is a midwestern chain by the name of Culver's. Their shakes and concrete mixers are fantastic, and their butterburgers are amazing, especially the mushroom-n-swiss one.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    A lot of those fast food places don't exist here in Australia, but personally I love some of Red Rooster's food. Though I do enjoy KFC a lot, that mash&gravy is really addictive.

I remember KFC sucking here where I live. =/

I havnt had KFC in a long time.

Years
    If you like Carl Jr's, in my neck of the woods they're called Hardee's. Every burger on their menu is a delicious artery clogger.

My favorite fast food place is a midwestern chain by the name of Culver's. Their shakes and concrete mixers are fantastic, and their butterburgers are amazing, especially the mushroom-n-swiss one.

Culver's is another good one I haven't had in awhile either. So much burgery goodness to be had.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Red Rooster closed down in New Zealand a couple of years ago, we've now only got the basic fast food chains plus one Carl Jr's somewhere in the inner city, but I'm not prepared to drive 30 minutes into the city just for one burger.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Hardee's isn't the same. :x I haven't had it myself, but my boyfriend who was raised on Carl's Jr. says it's not even close to as good, lol.

Red Rooster closed down in New Zealand a couple of years ago, we've now only got the basic fast food chains plus one Carl Jr's somewhere in the inner city, but I'm not prepared to drive 30 minutes into the city just for one burger.

You obviously have not yet been shown the light of Carl's Jr. If it existed here I would drive 45 minutes for it, easily. :(

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday

You obviously have not yet been shown the light of Carl's Jr. If it existed here I would drive 45 minutes for it, easily. :(

I WANT CARL JR'S BUT PETROL COSTS SO MUCH AND I REALLY DON"T WANT TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY JUST FOR A BURGER OR WHATEVER ELSE IS THERE IM JUST REALLY TORN RN

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh god, In-N-Out and Five Guys. I haven't been to either in forever, this must be rectified.

Yum.

I love Five Guys, that's my favorite that we have here, because the only others are McDonalds, Burger King, etc. Lame.

In N Out is something that we don't have here, but plenty of people from California always brag about how awesome it is. Wondering if they're better than Five Guys.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I WANT CARL JR'S BUT PETROL COSTS SO MUCH AND I REALLY DON"T WANT TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY JUST FOR A BURGER OR WHATEVER ELSE IS THERE IM JUST REALLY TORN RN

Spoiler:

That's probably a restaurant difference. Because they seem to have the exact same parent company. Their sites and logos are almost exactly identical in content.

I wasn't saying they aren't owned by the same company, just that they're not the same, lol. He likes to call Hardee's the imposter CJ's because it's so different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back