• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I didn't read posts before me so idk wat we're talking about now. I post where I continued from...

I trust Google but I don't use Google Plus. I don't even know what it is..
    Why do you trust Google? They're an advertising company that hoardes information about its users. Who knows what they'll do with it.

Google Plus is a social networking site, like Facebook.
    How did they even know you weren't using your real name?

I wasn't thinking of trying this out when I first heard about it and everything I've heard about it since has reenforced this.
    lol I only used my initials. They had some auto-detect thing going. Scary really, how they wish to crush any sense of privacy and anonymity online.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Ehh, it didn't matter which name people call me. I respond to both Ani or Megan. But Megan is most used by my friends online (especially PC), so yeah... I'll just stick with it. :P

I have a Google+, just that a lot of my friends there just don't really use it, so I feel kinda awkward going in there every day. I guess people still don't want to let go of Facebook. :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It reminds me of my friend who made a status "Which is better, Skype or Oovoo?" My reply was "the one your friends use". It doesn't matter how pretty and amazing and easy and secure Google+ is if all your friends are on Facebook, lol.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've never tried Google+ haven't yet got round to it, I'd like for it to become the dominant social netoworking site.. Facebook is irritating me now.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    lol I only used my initials. They had some auto-detect thing going. Scary really, how they wish to crush any sense of privacy and anonymity online.
    Oh thanks for that. Now I'm not going to go there even if I get curious, either.

Let's just stick to whatever they get out of us from their search engine.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • Why do you trust Google? They're an advertising company that hoardes information about its users. Who knows what they'll do with it.

Google Plus is a social networking site, like Facebook.

I use google to answer my questions. I don't use it for w/e your reason is. I only search up question and information like Wikipedia.

Also thank you.

Toujours
    ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

@PD: Just a Social Network :/

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Haha, yes! Do you know how hard it was to find pictures of PG and Marceline where they weren't being shipped? Near impossible, I say. But I really wanted to use the picture I have on my profile SO I PERSEVERED :3

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • Haha, yes! Do you know how hard it was to find pictures of PG and Marceline where they weren't being shipped? Near impossible, I say. But I really wanted to use the picture I have on my profile SO I PERSEVERED :3
    I was actually surprised. I usually see Main Char x other char like Hetero. Was never expecting lots of Yuri. That was a first timer. I usually seen OC or little bit of Yaoi..

Also goodnight <33

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I use google to answer my questions. I don't use it for w/e your reason is. I only search up question and information like Wikipedia.

Also thank you.

Google follows you all around the internet. Many pages you visit have scripts from Google running that record and analyse data obtained from your browsing patterns, which they collect for advertising and marketing research.

In any case, why even trust them with your searches?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    After the episodes that kept hinting at their super secret past, how could they not be shipped? I mean Marceline knew Bubblegum's first name when Finn didn't, she gave Bubblegum a shirt that became precious to her (Bubblegum), and then that song where she called Bubblegum pretty and how she wanted to 'make up' after the falling out that we never heard about...the hints are pretty convincing, but I still think it's probably just a "we were best friends" kind of thing, lol.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm too scared to see any PA's.
    But I saw a wonderful gif of the woman being dragged out of her kid's bedroom.
    The caption was amazing, I laughed.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I saw Paranormal Activity 3 on Saturday and I gotta say they did an excellent job this time, not as scary as it was made out to be but still was scary but strange.. it definately tops the 2nd one and possibly the first one. I recommend seeing it, I'll probally go see it again this week!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I *might* be seeing Paranormal Activity 3 this weekend! :) I've seen the first one but not the second and I'm looking forward to the third. My sister's seen it and told me it was pretty freaky. I personally found the first one a little boring (:O) so we'll see~ Just in time for Halloween; I haven't actually had a good scare on or around Halloween in a long time.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm too scared to see any PA's.
    But I saw a wonderful gif of the woman being dragged out of her kid's bedroom.
    The caption was amazing, I laughed.
    Woo, what's the scariest movie you've ever seen, Impo?

I haven't seen any of the three PAs yet. I know from the recommendations and all, but still... I haven't got the chance.

Years
  • So are these Paranormal movies more suspense-scary or horror-scary? I'm looking to scare myself a little for Halloween, but I can't do the quick-cuts, blood and body parts of some horror movies.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I can't speak for the second and third movies, since I've never seen them, (but I would assume they'd follow a similar format), but Paranormal Activity wasn't a gory movie or something action-oriented. It's actually filmed like a home-movie documentary style, so it's kind of raw and makes it more believable since it's not like a Hollywood-style kind of movie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back