• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapagnome

I is a sad kitteh D:
    Years
    The very last anime I watched that I never watched before is Ah, My Goddess. This anime byfar most likely became my #1 Fav of all animes(Currently, Death Note holds that spot). This is suck a cute anime, I never been into the romantic comedys and whatnot, but this by far was worth my time. 50 episodes in all, along with a movie. I borrowed season one from a friend, because she wouldn't shut up about it, so I thought I would see what the big deal is and OMG! I fell in love with this anime. After I watched the first season I went out and bought the 1st and 2nd season and the movie.

The story is about a guy name Keiichi Morisato, a student at a college who basiclly, his life sucks. He gets taken advantage of by member of his club and ect. While he was doing some crap his club member assigned him to do, he trys to leave a phone message but insteads get the Goddess Help Line and Belldandy comes and grants him 1 and only 1 wish of his choice, whatever he desires. And, being Keiichi, blurts out that he'd like a goddess like her to always stay by his side, and heaven grants his wish. But, soon after, he gets kick out of his male only dorms, which is only signals the beginning of his troubles, both for mortal and immortals.

If you have time, please watch a few episodes, it starts a bit slow but once it truely gets into it, it is a very funny, epic anime! If you hate it, I am sorry for wasting a hour or 2 of your life, but if you love it, you can gladdly thank me :D or not, but really, consider watching it, I believe it is worth it.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    I recently watched Gintama Episodes 1-10, Element Hunters Episodes 1-35, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Episodes 1-6, Fairy Tail Episodes 1-10, Hanamaru Kindergarten Episodes 1-10, and a bunch of other stuff.

Years
    Quite a bit since my last update:

Watched:
    Sora no Woto, eps. 2-5: I finally decided to take this series off of my on-hold list after a few weeks. Still pretty moe moe plotless so far, though I can appreciate the nice symbolism and dialogue present. Very nice music.
    Mushishi, eps. 13-17: Wonderful storytelling as usual.
    Toradora!, eps. 5-8: Taiga's really, really annoying me. Enjoyable watch, though.

Read:
    Hanjuku Joshi (completed): I came across this one when strolling through romance mangas. It's a rather explicit yuri, though it is nothing short of a good story itself. It leaves your heart both warm and soiled...at the same time.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Sora no Woto → Episode 12
    Pretty good episode. And that cliff-hanger at the end, sheesh. Aisha speaking in German was so cute. Plus, I didn't expect Noël to have a past like that; I mean, "The Witch of Helvetia"? "The Invisible Reaper"? I can't wait for the next (and final, sobsob) episode; I believe that the final episode will be airing tonight (or it is Monday night it airs? I think it's today it airs, but not entirely sure).

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann → Episode 4 - 6
    The animation in episode four. The animation. Oh God. It was horrible; thank goodness that the animation went back to normal after that episode. Me and my brother couldn't stop complaining about the animation throughout the episode; I really did hate it that much. Episode five was good, but I loved episode six. I though it was hilarious and Viral showed up at the end, so it's all good.

Other anime I've been watching: Dance in the Vampire Bund, Durarara!!, Hanamaru Kindergarten and Ookami Kakushi.

Dengeki Daisy → Chapter 1 - 9
    Been meaning to start this for quite some time now. Another shoujo manga but it's a very good and interesting one:
    Dengeki Daisy's Wikipedia Page olol said:
    Teru was left little but a cell phone when her brother died, a cell phone that contained the text-address of an elusive character named DAISY who Teru's brother had told her would "Support her when he was no longer able to." DAISY became Teru's pillar of strength over the next few years as he sent her encouraging words through his phone whether inspiring or mere chatter as she faces her life alone. The story begins one afternoon as Teru is bullied by the student council. Teru accidentally breaks a school window which results in her working for the grouchy, cruel school janitor named Tasuku Kurosaki. As Teru begins working for the unlikable school janitor, her feelings begin to surpass that of master and servant and she begins to question DAISY's true identity. Could Kurosaki be her beloved DAISY?
    It has a good balance of comedy, romance and school life in it and I really do love it. The art is pretty nice too. I would recommend it to anyone who's into shoujo manga; actually scratch that; I'd recommend it to anyone, regardless if they're into shoujo manga or not.

Suki-tte Ii na yo → Chapter 10
    Oh look, an update! I love this manga to bits and this chapter was lovely. I thought Nagi was a little brat at first but when I learned why she was like that I began to feel sorry for her. That last page with Mei and Nagi together… so much adorableness. I love the art in this manga too. /points to avatar I think it's really pretty.

Other manga I've been reading: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Meakashi-hen, Katekyo Hitman REBORN! (Wait, so since the Future arc is over, does that mean the whole series is over?), Kimi ni Todoke and Kuroshitsuji.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I started watching Hana Yori Dango[Boys Over Flowers] Episodes 2-24. Dang I never thought this anime was so good. Going to watch the rest of the episodes. And I am going to start reading the manga too.

And I read Chapters 6-10 of Bokura ga Ita.

Last edited:
    Years
    ef - a tale of memories, eps. 3-12 (finished): I sort of went on a hiatus at episode 6 and actually considered dropping it since I had many other shows I need to finish and the story didn't really interest me at that point. I'm glad I did return to it, however, since after episode 7 everything got on track and began to capture me. I didn't cry like I hoped I would since I heard it was a fairly tear-jerking series, but nonetheless it was a worthwhile watch. And lol at how Hiro and Renji lost their virginity and then made pretty much no deal of it whatsoever. :L

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Suika ~Wet Summer Days~ (episodes 1-3) (completed) - I really expected more of this anime. 1st episodes reminded me a bit of Higurashi, 2nd episode reminded me of CLANNAD Kyou's route (twins in love with the same guy), third episode reminded me of Kanon (Ojo and Ayu are really similar). I liked the first episode. It was quite interesting. Too bad there isn't any sequel to it. :( Second episode surprised me a bit, because of what Itsuki did to her twin sister.
    Spoiler:

As for third episode, I didn't understand the ending of it and it actually was rather boring.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    One Piece.
    Season 1-7.
    Although im not yet finished watching season 7 :)

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I Currently Watched Gurren Laggan Episodes 1-3 or 4. It was Really Stupid So I Stopped watching It

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I completed Hana Yori Dango. It was a very good series! What a happy ending!
    Spoiler:

Man...I loved this series. I wish I started a long time ago.

And I read Chapter 11-16 of Bokura ga Ita. It is getting pretty good.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Kobato. episode 23-24.
    This was really quite an emotional episode, it made me want to shed a tear.

xxxHolic latest chapter.
    Watanuki has... Clow's glasses?

Bakuman latest chapter.
    Glad to see they are quitting Tanto. : <

Kobato. chapter 20.
    If the anime was even more heart-wrenching, the manga beats it by a long shot. Ioryogi backstory! He fell in love with an angel who looks like Kobato! gasp.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Macross Frontier ep. 10
    Fairy Tail ep. 9
    FMA Brotherhood ep. 10
    Kimi ni Todoke ep. 23-24
    Pretty cure ep. 37-38

Busy past week, so I'm just getting caught up on my anime watching now. First three are from anime club, the last two are my own personal choices.

Waiting for the second season of the Tales of Symphonia OVA to be subbed and released... if it isn't already.

Years
    Baccano!, eps 1-7: I've been meaning to post this. It seemed like it had an interesting plot and was ranked pretty high on MAL, so I decided to give it a shot. Although Baccano! started out pretty confusing at first, I think it weaves its story in the following episodes pretty well. I'm definitely looking forward to finishing this one.
    Also, its Opening and Ending songs are two of the best I've heard in a while.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
    Bokurano :o
    I read it all in one go,
    I found the ending real confusing and had to read it about 5 times.
    It's really not all that great to be honest, but its decent.
    I liked how it was a Mecha anime but it wasn't really centered on the Mecha (Is that even proper grammar?) but more on the characters, their back stories and the actual manga story.
    I heard the anime was different. That disappoints me.

Years
    Pale Cocoon (OVA): Makoto Shinkai-esque storytelling with a futuristic/post-apocalyptic theme. As such, it had some of the best animation and backdrop I've seen in a while and the story, while cliched, wasn't bad at all. The ending was rather unexpected, though it's reminiscent of a certain film featuring Charlton Heston.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (movie): Got around to watching this thanks to an urging by someone who also just watched it. XD Character designs were meh but storytelling was great. Its characterization and development aren't blunt like most anime, but realistic, which was rather nice. I was hooked all the way through the hour and 37 minutes, which is quite an accomplishment.

SereneMidnight

Midnight Rider
    Years
    Nurse Witch Komugi - Episode 3 ("Seriously!? Komugi Dies 2 or 3 Times!?") - I love the humor used in this series.

Ballad of a Shinigami (Manga) - Volume 1 - I have been expecting the book for a week, and I couldn't be happier to read it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Everything in spoilers, since I'm sort of going over what I've watched/read for once ^^'

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Baccano!, episodes 8-13 (finished): Well, everything worked out nicely though the ending sort of left me wanting for more. But, luckily for me, there is still the three episodes OVA for me to look forward to. Definitely earned a place in the top suspense/supernatural shows of any kind I've watched.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back