• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what are you currently reading?

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    The Odyssey by Homer.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it. I knew it was 'epic poetry' and I grimaced (I'm not too fond of poetry, so), but it really isn't an agonizingly long poem - it's just written in verse because it's meant to be recited. I recommend it if you like Greek mythology. ^^

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I already submitted the book report~

And good thing that my mom bought me all the series of Percy Jackson's book. : D

I love the movie so I'm looking forward for the next movies~

Right now I'm reading Titan's Curse! : D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I finished reading Watchmen, though I haven't watched the movie yet because of work scheduling.

Right now I'm reading another book-turned-into-movie, The Golden Compass. I've read halfway through it before, but put it aside to read a different book. I'm finally going to finish reading it and its sequels this time around.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My brother got it for a book report thing and i stole it :3 So far a really good read. Try eet.

deathcase

Self-Proclaimed Genious
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy by douglas adams.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    In English: The Winds of Dune By Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson

In Russian: Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

In Japanese: Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases (アナザーノート — ロサンゼルスBB連続殺人事件) by Shueisha

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    i didnt see a thread for this already
    so..
    what book are you currently reading?

at the moment i am reading percy jackson and the olympians book 2 the sea of monsters.

Keep reading the Percy Jackson book they are awesome
    and its 100000000000x better than the movie.

I'm reading Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
    It is really good and it is a must read.

Years
    I just finished a book entitled "Sin In the Second City" by KAren Abbott. It's about the famous Everleigh Club brothel in the vice district of late 19th century/early 20th century Chicago. Had to read it for U.S. History, but it was decent.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Gorillaz: Rise of the Ogre
    OMG, this is an amazing book. I feel closer to each character now. Love that Noodle is trapped in Hell.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The Odyssey by Homer.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it. I knew it was 'epic poetry' and I grimaced (I'm not too fond of poetry, so), but it really isn't an agonizingly long poem - it's just written in verse because it's meant to be recited. I recommend it if you like Greek mythology. ^^

Great great book. I have a very old A4 size hardback copy which I keep in my shelf of "must read again and again" books. It's not something you'd expect to enjoy right away seeing as in Greek Mythology can be really heavy going at times. Though you dont really need to know about many of the gods and dieties from other mythology to get the story unlike a lot of Greek Mythology. But i would agree that it's a good read. The first story like this woud be "The Epic Of Gilgamesh" which is a poem wiritten like Homer's Odyssey to teach a more profound meaning.

I finished reading Watchmen, though I haven't watched the movie yet because of work scheduling.

The book is more enjoyable I found but the film in by no means dissapointing. It certainly catches the dark aspect of heroes the book portrayed.

the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy by douglas adams.

Another great book. I love that, it makes me laugh all the time. The film is also great. I wouldn't be a fan of the original, but it's still darn funny. So you should check out the remake Directed by Garth Jennings and starring Martin Freeman and (my favourite) Zooey Deschanel, narrated by Stephen Fry. Very good cast all around.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    im currently trying to read
    Sherlock Holmes: The Hound of the Baskervillies

-Been too busy with other stuff. But I've been reading it every now and then.

Years
    Gorillaz: Rise of the Ogre
    OMG, this is an amazing book. I feel closer to each character now. Love that Noodle is trapped in Hell.

Im reading this book as well, but I'm only a couple of chapters in. Also reading Naruto vol. 33

Back