• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what are you currently reading?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I just finished Catcher in the Rye

I love that book! I feel bad for Holden, though. Poor dude.

Ironically I just finished this a week ago also. A friend of mine lent to me (I'm still in the process of returning it XD;) and it was quite enjoyable. I mean, the conversational language was fantastic, I dont think JD Salinger could have brought the reader any more than he did. The ending wasn't as abrupt as I thought it would be and it's still being debated as to whether the "flitty" way in which Mr. Antolini patted Holden in the head was a sexual advancement or just general creepyness. In the end though it was a great book. It's hard to believe Salinger lived his life as a total recluse.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Currently, forever... by Judy Blume and Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon

And in class, The Diary of Anne Frank.

Years
    I finished reading Nicholas and Alexandra today. It was long and drawn out, but still pretty interesting. However, it's one of those that rambles forever on things nobody really needs to know, or even wants to know, but somehow I still kept wanting to read more of it. :/

I just started to read Plotting Hitler's Death, but I've only read about two pages and thus don't have much of an opinion on it yet.

Years
    I am now reading "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair. it's about the conditions of the Chicago meat packing industry in the earl 1900's. It was boring at first, but I am slowly finding it intriguing

Bulbasaur15

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Re-reading Percy Jackson series again since the movie came out. GROVER IS THE BEST

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    The Odyssey by Homer.

Surprisingly, I'm enjoying it. I knew it was 'epic poetry' and I grimaced (I'm not too fond of poetry, so), but it really isn't an agonizingly long poem - it's just written in verse because it's meant to be recited. I recommend it if you like Greek mythology. ^^

I LOVE YOU.
    XD

The Odyssey's just amazing. I have to read book IX as part of my Ancient Greek course at school, and I just love Greek Mythology so much that I'm also currently reading it anyway.

I am also reading:

The Aeneid
    Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief
    The Homeric Hymns and Homerica

I've got a bit of a thing for Ancient Greece in general, especially the mythology. <3
    Well, the Aeneid's actually Latin rather than Greek, but it's still ancient Mythology...
    xX

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Finishing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

When I have nothing new to read, I turn to Rowling. She never fails to entertain.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I'm currently taking a Shakespeare course is school, so I'm reading Henry V right now. We'll be moving on to the Tempest on Monday so that's what I'll be reading next.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathon Safran Foer; one of the most beautiful things I've ever read..

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    The Name Of This Book Is Secret by some anonymous guy. Seriously. It's just...really weird.

reyzn

Years
    I will read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks when summer comes.. right now I'm too swamped with textbooks to enjoy reading.

bendrawslife

Drawing the day away.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Indeed to Catcher In The Rye. Such a good book. J.D. Salinger is one of my favorites.

I'm currently stuck in the middle of a lot of books. I kind of do that. I start something, nearly finish it, and then get distracted by something else.

Back