• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What books have you read lately?

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
Years
  • I just finished reading Terry Brook's The Gypsy Morph, the final book in the Genesis of Shannara trilogy. I'm extremely disappointed with the series as a whole. A lot of the characters are quite under-developed or samey, and it does the villains very little justice.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I'm in the middle of reading Neuromancer by Gibson right now
    Also just read foundation by asimov

HollowNightmare

Black Light. White Evil.
    Years
  • For some, strange reason I find myself reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince again. Maybe its because I saw the books movie trailer in the cinema on Friday. :/

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Because of school, I'm reading Lord of the Flies. I love that book.

I haven't done much real reading before that, besides Alan Moore's The Watchmen, which was great because it's about superheroes and all, but in order to be a superhero, you have to be a human first. It really focuses more on the human aspects of masked adventurers, and how they act socially, politically, etc.

I reccomend it.
    As well as V for Vendetta. You can only understand how retarded the movie is by reading the graphic novel.

Before that, Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
    It's pretty funny and is a very enjoyable book.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I've read two books in the past month.

Forgotten Realms - The shield of weeping ghosts

Forgotten Realms - Sentinelspire

Very great books. I suggest reading them!

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Alright. Right now I am rereading Pet Semetary (Scariest book I have ever read). But I am also in the middle of reading We and Anthem. Both are extremely ancient books written before both of my parents were born.

OverlordMia

I'm absolutely CRAZY about it!
    Years
  • I don't seem to read many novels anymore. It's always manga. >.>
    I tried to read Fahrenheit 451 but, I couldn't get into it and stopped until my school says to read it. XD But the last book (novel) I did read was last year, and rather forced, To Kill a Mockingbird. I had to read it for school...and never again will I read it.

Last manga I read was Disgaea 2 Vol. 2.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • Haven't exactly read this lately, but it was the last book I read. "Serpentslayer" by a good friend of mine. No famous writer. No celebrity. Just some random guy who wrote a book one day. It's my favourite book of all time.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • Alan Moore's The Watchmen, which was great because it's about superheroes and all, but in order to be a superhero, you have to be a human first. It really focuses more on the human aspects of masked adventurers, and how they act socially, politically, etc.

Before that, Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
    It's pretty funny and is a very enjoyable book.

Yeah both are not for a really young crowd but great pieces of work. I'm so excited for the Watchmen movie. The graphic novel will stick with me forever so I hope the movie does it justice (it won't...). Slaughterhouse Five really makes you think.

GuardianofAuraGirl

I've just finished reading Ingo by Helen Dunmore a few hours ago.

Back