• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What computer are you using?

menndy

Banned
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    I am using HP duel core desktop and Sony vaio N series Laptop, it is really great laptop, HP also good.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
  • Multiple Displayport monitors must have set you back a bit, what screens did you get? And a 5970 is going to be better for driving multiple screens.

Also, what voltage did you require for the 4.1GHz on that Phenom? Model and Stepping would be appreciated. If you're feeling up to it, what CPU block and rad do the WC setup use? I'm going to assume that you aren't water cooling that GPU, as the non-reference PCB due to the extra VRAM means you'll struggle to find a block.

Oh, and 3.25GB of RAM must be fun. What kit are you using? Also, no reply pretty much guarantees that you don't actually have this machine.

actually the multiport display monitors didnt set me back that much. I used 1.55 volts on the phenom though its not perfectly stable its stable enough for me. I didnt like the 5970 i chose the 5870 because it was cheaper (300$ cheaper actually) the gpu is water cooled all the computer is. it uses 3.84 gigs of ram. Its a phenom 1090T BE E0 stepping actually i didnt oc it 1 of my computer experts friends did i helped him put her together but he did the oc work. Im using 2 Kingston HyperX T1. This is the water cooling kit im using:

Two DD12V-D5 PUMP
    EK MOTHERBOARD cooling KIT
    RADIATORS BLACK ICE GTX480 + BLACK ICE GTX360
    DANGER DEN RAD-RESERVOIR
    VGA WATER COOLER BLOCK 5870
    5 ZALMAN FAN BLUE LED 120MM + 4 ZALMAN FAN BLUE LED 80MM
    OCZ RAM FAN

Last edited:
    Years
  • actually the multiport display monitors didnt set me back that much. I used 1.55 volts on the phenom though its not perfectly stable its stable enough for me. I didnt like the 5970 i chose the 5870 because it was cheaper (300$ cheaper actually) the gpu is water cooled all the computer is. it uses 3.84 gigs of ram. Its a phenom 1090T BE E0 stepping actually i didnt oc it 1 of my computer experts friends did i helped him put her together but he did the oc work. Im using 2 Kingston HyperX T1. This is the water cooling kit im using:

Two DD12V-D5 PUMP
    EK MOTHERBOARD cooling KIT
    RADIATORS BLACK ICE GTX480 + BLACK ICE GTX360
    DANGER DEN RAD-RESERVOIR
    VGA WATER COOLER BLOCK 5870
    5 ZALMAN FAN BLUE LED 120MM + 4 ZALMAN FAN BLUE LED 80MM
    OCZ RAM FAN
    Sounds nice. Do you have any photos of the internals? I've got photos of my system that I might upload soon.

Years
  • I just put together an old Desktop as a spare. All the parts where essentially freebies that I collected over time. I spent a grand total of $25 on this.

Dual CPU 2xPentium 3 1GHz
    768 MB SDRAM100
    Asus P3C-D Motherboard
    Nvidia Riva TNT2-M64
    20GB HDD | 80GB HDD
    XP Home & Arch Linux

The OSs are yet to be installed, because I can't actually find any IDE cables. It's in a relatively new case and has LED fans and cathodes. I'm going to chuck in some old-but-fast AGP cards (the TNT2-M64 is rubbish) and use it as a retro gaming machine.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 15" Macbook pro I am using.

With Mac OS X and Windows 7 bootcamped. I have to use Visual Studio 2008 for programming, so that is why I have it on there. XD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I just put together an old Desktop as a spare. All the parts where essentially freebies that I collected over time. I spent a grand total of $25 on this.

Dual CPU 2xPentium 3 1GHz
    768 MB SDRAM100
    Asus P3C-D Motherboard
    Nvidia Riva TNT2-M64
    20GB HDD | 80GB HDD
    XP Home & Arch Linux

The OSs are yet to be installed, because I can't actually find any IDE cables. It's in a relatively new case and has LED fans and cathodes. I'm going to chuck in some old-but-fast AGP cards (the TNT2-M64 is rubbish) and use it as a retro gaming machine.
    I bought a $50 Dell with a Pentium 4 in it to use as a retro gaming machine. I'm thinking of spending a little to upgrade it so I can play games up to about 2007ish.

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    Q 6600 quad core but overclocked to 3.52 GHZ at daily usage

8 gb ram ddr2

geforce zotac gtx 470 amp edition

3x raid 0 OCZ SSD (vertex 2 60 GB) (750 MB read per second)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Athlon 64 X2 5200+ @2.7GHz
    ASUS M2N68 Motherboard
    5GB DDR2 Ram at some speed i dunno
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Combined 1.25TB HDD Space
    Asus Xonar DS Sound Card
    Windows 7 (Home Premium) 64-bit

Years
  • I bought a $50 Dell with a Pentium 4 in it to use as a retro gaming machine. I'm thinking of spending a little to upgrade it so I can play games up to about 2007ish.
    The only problems with the Dells of that era are poor airflow and proprietary power supplies (not all, but most), so you're stuck with a cool AGP card, which severely limits your options.
    Q 6600 quad core but overclocked to 3.52 GHZ at daily usage

8 gb ram ddr2

geforce zotac gtx 470 amp edition

3x raid 0 OCZ SSD (vertex 2 60 GB) (750 MB read per second)
    VERY nice. What sort of cooling do you have on that Q6600?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • What computer are you using?

Sony Vaio e-series in Blue.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    This is a custom built based on AMD in a large Antec case Superlanboy. My laptop is a Toshiba A75 I got for free as a cover repairs. My office is another Intel based custom build. But I own them. They are mine.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm using a Sager np8662 laptop. Was pretty much the most powerful 15" laptop on the market when I got it, and it still holds its own really well.

2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    4GB RAM
    320GB 7200rpm HDD
    nVidia GeForce 260M
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Years
  • I'm using a Sager np8662 laptop. Was pretty much the most powerful 15" laptop on the market when I got it, and it still holds its own really well.

2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    4GB RAM
    320GB 7200rpm HDD
    nVidia GeForce 260M
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Looks nice. I'd be inclined to brag about the res on that screen, as well. :D

I'm tossing up as to whether the 7200 rpm drives are worth the noise/heat/power over the top of the 5400rpm drive in my laptop.

Back