• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What computer are you using?

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I'm using my Dell Inspiron 518. Haven't had it extremely long and it's got everything I need, so I'm happy with it.

Years
  • I'm using an HP Pavilion 510N that I've had for about 7 or 8 years now.
    Looking at some of the specs of this computer (256MB RAM, 40GB HD) compared to others posted in this thread, I'm surprised that my computer can handle some of the newer programs I have installed. I'd like to upgrade soon, though, as even most netbooks have more memory and a bigger hard drive than my computer does.

Years
  • I'm using an HP Pavilion 510N that I've had for about 7 or 8 years now.
    Looking at some of the specs of this computer (256MB RAM, 40GB HD) compared to others posted in this thread, I'm surprised that my computer can handle some of the newer programs I have installed. I'd like to upgrade soon, though, as even most netbooks have more memory and a bigger hard drive than my computer does.
    What's the processor? Because that's where netbooks stumble, big time. Any Pentium 4 is faster than an Atom. So were some of the later Pentium 3s.

Years
  • What's the processor? Because that's where netbooks stumble, big time. Any Pentium 4 is faster than an Atom. So were some of the later Pentium 3s.

The processor is an Intel Celeron 800MHz. It's not quite as powerful as a Pentium 4, and it looks to be about equivalent to some of the earlier Pentium 3s. I'm not sure how this compares to a netbook's processor, though.

Years
  • The processor is an Intel Celeron 800MHz. It's not quite as powerful as a Pentium 4, and it looks to be about equivalent to some of the earlier Pentium 3s. I'm not sure how this compares to a netbook's processor, though.

It's about the same as a 1.6GHz Atom. Maybe slightly faster in single tasks, and slower in multi tasking.
    It could do with a little more ram. 512MB or 768MB is usually good enough for XP.
    Strange, because 40GB HDDs and 256MB Ram were standard up until the later Pentium 4 era. Whereas that CPU was a budget CPU in about 1999.

Zuruggu

Zuruggu=Epic Win
    Years
  • Right now I'm using the ASUS G73Jh-X1 Notebook. I got it this summer and it's the most beastiful computer I've ever used. The specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel Core i7 Processor 720 QM
    8 GBs RAM
    5 GBs HDD
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Graphics
    DVD Super Multi

HeyMikey

White Lightning.
    Years
  • Using the previous model of the 13.3" MacBook Pro.

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26 GHz
    4 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
    250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    Mac OS X Snow Leopard & Windows XP Student

Best computer I have personally ever used.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    A Packard Bell PAK60
    1.66 GHz Processor
    32-bit
    Windows 7 Starter

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
    Years
  • main comp-
    Core 2 Quad q6600 @ 2.4ghz
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia 8300GS
    Windows 7 32-bit
    400GB HDD

Laptop-
    Apple iBook late 2005
    G4 processor @ 1.33ghz
    1.5GB of RAM
    Mac OS X Leopard
    40GB HDD

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2010
    I have just bought Dell think client and it is the best I think so as I am getting the outstanding performance with that. Just I am having some trouble with its graphic card and other than everything is fine and works better.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, since I recently acquired some new hardware recently, I figured I might as well update my list.

Laptop
    Early 2008 MacBook (Black)
    Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4 GHz
    4 GB DDR2 SDRAM @667 MHz
    Built-in 13" display @1280x800 px
    250 GB HD @5400 rpm
    Intel GMA X3100 w/ 144 MB of dedicated RAM
    Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi card
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 (primary) / Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (secondary)

New Desktop
    Custom built
    Intel i7-950 Quad Core @3.06 GHz (not overclocked)
    6 GB DDR3 SDRAM @1600 MHz
    Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 motherboard
    Antec EarthWatts 750 W PSU
    Staples 19" monitor @1440x990 px (yes, Staples. It was cheap and I went for it several years ago)
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB (400 GB partitioned to Windows, 400 GB partitioned to OS X, 200 GB partitioned to swap space)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1 GB 256-bit
    External Rosewill N-UBE-180-or-something-like-that 802.11 a/b/g/n USB WiFi antenna
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (primary) / Mac OS X 10.6.6 (secondary, really unstable, haven't gotten everything to work yet)
    Logitech S 510 wireless keyboard/mouse combo

...and that's it.

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
  • "Tribal!" "Just a minute Mum, I am on The Pokecommunity!"

Guessing by thwe title and category, today I got a new laptop! Nice and neat, my HP COMPAQ is very fast. 4GB Ram, 320GB Internal Harddrive space... It is perfect! So this means I will be able to go visit you guys, the lovely staff and members, the ever-changing forum skin, and even the annoying spamming and trolling and awesome threads! So now I can visit you guys wherever and whenever I want to! So yaya! How about you guys? Any fast new laptops or computers?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • not a new computer for me, but I did put in a couple new HDDs and a Webcam. Now I'm up to about 6TB of space which is so nice as I was running out before I added the 2(two) 2TB drives in today. The Webcam is a Logitech Vision pro cam. very nice quality.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Acer Extensa 5620-6419. Got it long ago, works like awesomeness.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Old (Slightly customized)

HP Presario SR5013W

2x 160 GB HDDs (1x Sata, 1x IDE. Orginally had just the Sata)
    1 GB Ram (DDR2 Kingston. 512 orginally.) Page file extended to 5 GB
    Realtek Soundcard
    Asus Radeon HD 3450 Video Card 1 GB (Orginally a integrated Intel 945. This was a upgrade that gave me a BIG increse in power)
    Intel Cedar Mill 941 Pentium 4 HT (3.2 GHZ)

New machine (No customizations yet)

HP Pavilion P6532F

1x 1 TB Sata Hdd
    4 GB Ram (DDR3)
    Athlon II X3 (2.7 ghz)
    Radeon 3900 512 MB video card (Integrated)
    Realtek sound card

Sadly im still using my old machine until i can get a dialup modem for the new one. The one i have in my old machine wont work and PCI x1 hardware is a pain to find. I'll have to buy online or just use a usb modem. The x16 2.0 slot is reserved for a new video card.

Edit - I might forgo the video card upgrade for a while and put the money towards my 'get a laptop' fund. In hoping for something decent enough to handle somewhat older games (from before 07)

Last edited:
    Years
  • not a new computer for me, but I did put in a couple new HDDs and a Webcam. Now I'm up to about 6TB of space which is so nice as I was running out before I added the 2(two) 2TB drives in today. The Webcam is a Logitech Vision pro cam. very nice quality.

I picked this up just today;

eMac White
    PPC G4 1.25GHz
    1GB Ram
    80 GB HDD
    Superdrive

It's in great nick, I've just got to find a use for it. Tossing up between Tiger and Leopard.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I picked this up just today;

eMac White
    PPC G4 1.25GHz
    1GB Ram
    80 GB HDD
    Superdrive

It's in great nick, I've just got to find a use for it. Tossing up between Tiger and Leopard.
    Nice find, eMacs are fairly good workhorses. Slap Tiger on it and it should run well. Leopard is a bit more taxing on the older PPC machines, mostly due to its being optimized for Intel macs. Install tiger and you could set it up as a file/print server. (obviously for file server you may want a few USB HDDS with it.) or you could use it as a download computer.

Back