• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call the currency?

What do you call the currency?

• Total voters

Numbers

Say my name
Years
  • I've always just called it money lol. Like if me and my brother were playing it I'd ask him how much money he had. I've never found myself in a situation where I've had to refer to it as Pokedollars or anything similar haha.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I've never really gave it a name, I just refer to is as money or even pounds (As I live in the UK) depending on what I can be bothered to say.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    In the anime, May refers to them once as 'pokecoupons'

Years
  • I don't really say the name of the currency at all if I'm talking to somebody about it. Like I'll usually just say "oh, that costs 1500" or something, as opposed to saying "that costs 1500 yen" or something. But I guess if I had to put a label on the currency I would just call it dollars (why money has to revolve around Pokémon simply because they exist beats me).

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I never actually call it anything (because I never actually need to say anything related to it), but when I read it, I pronounce it Poke. Funnily enough, this stemmed from before Mystery Dungeon. ._.

Years
  • Quite confusing for me actually. Basically whenever I play Pokémon I just call it money. But if I were to use the currency word, I would call it Poké but ignoring the accented e and call it Pokey.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Money?

I never really thought about it, and to be honest, I do not care.

Aakeosu

Archaeopteryx
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    PokeCoupons (like in Colosseum). I thought that was officially revealed?

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I call it "Money."

It may sound awkward, but it works for me.

"I have 98000 money"

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I call it whatever my brain thinks of, some examples are: Cash, Money, Gold, Yen.

Back