• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you hate about Platinum?

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I don't see anything to hate about it yet. The trainers are more difficult than any other pokemon game I played. I barely beat the ghost type gym leader. I only had one pokemon that could take a hit from her. What I basically did to beat her was use curse repeatidly on Grotle, since she would never go first anyways. With that, I was able to one or two hit all of her pokemon with Razor Leaf.
    I completet the game in 2 days!! the trainers or gyms dont seem hard when i literally always used revives, hyper potions.ect when in battle I probably spend like 5000 money on them i would buy like 20 at a time

Years
  • I prefered the sprites in DP, i think these ones are, a little bit too reduced or something I can't tell xP. Mmmm.... I was a genious in Diamond because i knew how to catch my 2nd favourite pokemon: dratini, larvitar and beldum. Now larvitar is harder because you need a swarm. But I'm satisfied that gible can be caught earlier in the game so the previous things I said doesn't matter if it's for my gible. Forget them!

If you have a friend with a DS, or someone willing to lend you theirs for a day, you can trade over the pokemon that you used in Diamond

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    The E4 has actually gotten easier this time around. (for the first time you beat it atleast.) A lot of the pokemon went down in lv.
    The catch rate did get harder, I will give you guys that. It is one of the funnest parts though.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • really? I found that the E4 was harder this time around. a lot more "OU" in the E4 that's for sure.

I kinda hate how mixape destroys the gyms though. lame.

Kakarotman

Played over 2k hrs of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I dont hate this but i think it is way to similar to diamond and pearl

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • One major thing that I hate is the fact that Regigigas is on level 1, none of the legendaries have ever been on that low level(unless you consider Manaphy but I'm not gonna go too in depth in that). Despite this, there is a few good things about its new wimpy level...

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    It's a very grand game so far. The only thing that irritated me was that Pachirisu was a bit rarer. But aside from that very minor issue, all the little graphical updates and small changes make it a fun, new play through.

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    the only thing i've seen is that the 8th gym was the ONLY one not redone that totaly sucked i walked in and was like awww :(:(:(

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    That the snow is not as big as they said it would be. And the larger Sinnoh Dex.

IiI Failure IiI

Master Iv Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2009
    I Actually didnt hate anything about it, I also think its way better than Diamond/Pearl. Not To Mention it has the battle frontier.

the only thing i've seen is that the 8th gym was the ONLY one not redone that totaly sucked i walked in and was like awww :(:(:(
    It Looks to me that they only redid the boring gym mazes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Same here, I really can't wait till It's released in the UK.

Probably my frustration is that Diagla and Palkia will be much harder to catch since they are now higher levels. ><

lol, actually, dialga and palkia are MUCH easier to catch in platinum. they have the same catch rate as chatot :O (i caught them both after around 3 or so dusk/net balls)

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • Another thing I might add is the fact the mighty legendary birds now run around Sinnoh and away from you(Mean Look is too goodz :3), its too many pokes running around these days and they made things more complicated(just a bit).

Back