• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you perfer: RBY/GSC/FR LG RSE/DPP

Which game do you perfer

• Red

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Crystal

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • FireRed

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • LeafGreen

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Ruby

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Saffaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emerald

Votes: 22 10.7%
  • Diamond

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Platinum (yet to come)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters

SonicBlue777

Very Expieranced Trainer
Years
  • Johto gen FTW

Gonna have to say Johto gen FTW (Gold, Silver, Crystal) , due to the fact the story was great and it really revolutionized the game with night time, but catching competitions, I personality owned silver and crystal, and technically Silver/Gold introduced night time before cyrstal soo xD but I voted crystal just cause i like the moving sprites better and more color to the game.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
  • The Gold/Silver/Crystal generation, because the mainstream games have just gone downhill from there. The second generation was huge, it had the best unlockable extras in that you could visit Kanto. It was fresh and exciting. All the games following have been repetetive and quite dull, and the newer generations are terrible compared to the first and second ones.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Crystal, My Favorite Pokemon Game EVER.

It introduced many things that would appear in later games:
    -Choice of Male/Female
    -Moving Sprites (Crystal had 5 frames instead of Emerald's and DPP's 2 frames.)
    -Battle Tower
    -First Pokemon Event coded within the game (Celebi in Ilex Forest)*
    -First Local Trading Function (Via Cellphone Attachment. the DPP GTS is greatly based off of this in the way it functions)*

*Japan only Features

Last edited:

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • The R/B/Y generation.
    I loved those game, soo much. Good times..
    (Oh, how I want to be a little whippersnapper again)

But if I were to pick second, it'd be the Metal generation. (Day/Night ftw!)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Oucheez.

A hard decision...Very close between Pearl/LG/E.
    They're all such great games.

But I chose pearl...Just because of the migration system.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It seems like a lot of you have the same opinion as me, GSC seems to be people's favorite.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    My favorite is Diamond, but after seeing alot of Platinum videos, I may change my mind to Platinum instead.

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    hard choice my first pokemon game was silver then yellow then I got gold of my sister because silver lost its save then emerald now diamond .

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Platinum is my favorite. Why? There are just so many new features it's as good as all of the pokemon games combined! And my Shiny Shaymin Sky Form is da bomb!

naruto hatake

a naruto fan
    Years
  • i dont know which because crystal version is a game that has kanto and johto region and diamond pearl becasue you have all the new kinds of pokemon

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I'm a pretty big Firered fan. I loved the original kanto games when they game out, but let's face it, the graphics needed a bit of a boost. Firered = 1st gen with added awesomeness. : D

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • As of now, Diamond cause of that 3d is hawt. But, i voted Sapphire (which is spelled horribly wrong) because thats where i first got mudkip and learned that i would be with Swampert until now and still am :)

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I voted crystal just because G/S/C was my fav generation and it has really good animated sprites and good storyline.
    Yellow was very close behind though

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Day and night system in the GSC wasn't seen until the DPP time, I like the night and stuff on it. I still would say Crystal is great, but now I'm more interested in the DPP games.

I wonder if they will make the gold/silver remakes...I heard something about it.

Back